Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Why Do Song Get Stuck In Your Head? | Awesome Tips To Unstuck Sticky Tunes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Song Get Stuck In Your Head? | Awesome Tips To Unstuck Sticky Tunes (205 Views)

Earphone Wire Stuck In An Indonesian Man's Bladder While Using It To Masturbate / How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? / Tenderizing Meat 2020| Why Cook Beef With Paracetamol? | 14 Awesome Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Song Get Stuck In Your Head? | Awesome Tips To Unstuck Sticky Tunes by Wearabletech: 6:56am On Jan 05, 2020
The first time I heard the song Jealous by a Nigerian artist Fireboy, I couldn’t explain what was happening to me. I kept humming the song repeatedly days later even after the record had stopped playing. Even though I couldn’t explain what it was, I knew something was off about the way that tune stuck in my head.

Unknown to me I was under a psychological phenomenon known as an earworm. This marvel, sometimes known as a brain worm, sticky music, stuck song syndrome, or Involuntary Musical Imagery (IMI), is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing [1]

Just like the literal worm, brain worm has the capability of tormenting and invading your privacy. Uniquely annoying, the songs that get stuck are incomplete tunes and the brain is probably interpreting it as an unfinished task.

I might not be a mainstream rock star record producer, but there’s something weird about how some melodic hooks stick to the brain, you’ll think the records have been enchanted just to exploit the ear worm phenomenon.

Before you pass judgement on me for being superstitious in my thinking, how then would anyone explain why I wake up with a melody jammed in my head? All through the day, sometimes I even dance to my earworms. Indisputably, occasionally I love them, I feel lively and impenetrable in my small haven.

Personally, I feel melody could be a great way to express the human experience. For example, recurrent themes such as love,

GET THE FULL STORY....CLICK THE LINK.....https://smaartcollections.com

how to unstuck sticky song?

watch out for No.4

• Listen to the whole song. you’re likely going to remain stuck if you can only remember small fragments of the music that repeat over and over (usually the hook of a song or the chorus).
• Listen to another song. No matter how super human your brain is, it’s less likely to concentrate on two songs at the same time. This is because while listening to music, the entire brain is used. There are only few other activities that utilizes your brain like this.
• Distract yourself. Stuck song syndrome persists mostly when you are idle. Entertaining yourself with a conscious task like reading would work.

GET THE FULL STORY....CLICK THE LINK.....https://smaartcollections.com or...https://smaartcollections.com/how-to-get-ride-of-stuck-song-syndrome/

Read, Comment and Share. grin grin

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Combat Premenstrual Syndrome PMS / Health Is Wealth. / Grow Thick Lustrous Hair In 1 Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.