Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

The Crown Of Life Episode Two - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Crown Of Life Episode Two (276 Views)

The Story Of My Life (episode 3) / The Story Of My Life (episode 2) / The Story Of My Life (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Crown Of Life Episode Two by PenofGod(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2020
THE CROWN OF LIFE

EPISODE TWO

BAYO ONUWAJE

This playlet is dedicated to Rev. Ap. Obamuyi Olorunsogo (Adura lebo mi) of C & S Church of Zion Redemption Chapel Akungba

CHARACTERS
The judge
Two white Angels
Kunle
His Wife
Sami
Dark angel
Angel of comfort

THE STORYLINE
The Crown of Life: Episode Two is a continuation of the previous episode but on this note, we look at the tribulations provided by the dark Angels on Kunle who is one of the major characters in the series.

SCENE ONE
Heaven, the throne of judgement. The judge stands and before him there is an opened book. There were two angels standing beside him. Kunle comes to the scene looking here and there and he is afraid seeing a strange place.
THE JUDGE: Welcome, son of man, to the pulpit of judgement. This is the book of life and whose name that is not found in this book shall be cast into the furnace of hell. (Kunle is dumbfounded) Your works on earth have been measured within and without. There has been a stain on your garment to depicts your short-comings that you do not have a place here in the palace. Alas, your place is in the territory of the stone fire where ungodly people will be with the Lucifa whom you have allowed to rule over your life, till eternity.
KUNLE: I don't have any short-comings on me. I am a christian (He looks at his white garment, suddenly, he finds some red spots on it) Ah! What is this? Where...? How?
JUDGE: That is the language of the pretenders but unfortunately for them there is no hide and seek before God Almighty, the Creator of the universe, there is nothing hidden. alas, it has been written that on the day of judgement every works done in the secret place shall be reveal in broad day light. You have enjoyed your life to the fullest when you were on earth, but now, you will have your place with them (He points his hand to a corner where two dark angels stand dancing and jubilate for Kunle) Take your part in hell. (The dark angels come closer to carry Kunle. Curtain closes)

SCENE TWO
In the residence of Kunle, he is sleeping on the bed
KUNLE: (He suddenly wakes up from his sleep) Jesus! Jesus!!...(He pauses) So it was a dream? Thank you Jesus. (He begin to sing praises) You are justify my lord, you are justify my lord, unto you ni mo surrender, unto you ni mo surrender patapata...(He continues in singing praises. A dark angel who is also present in the scene can no longer bears the atmosphere of the praise so he walks away and the Angel of comfort comes in smiling at Kunle. Curtain closes)

SCENE THREE
Still on the same residence of Kunle, he walks into his house and sits feeling so tired and troubled. His wife is also present in the scene.
HIS WIFE: My dear, what is the matter, you look so disturbed?
KUNLE: I'm sick and tired of all these troubles. I think death should be the shortest cut now 'cause I don't even know what else to do.
HIS WIFE: God forbid! Tell me, my dear husband, what again this time?
KUNLE: (He gives his wife the paper in his hand) I've been given a sack letter at work. Without no reason. Things are just turning to negative here and there I don't even understand it.
HIS WIFE: (As she read the letter, she feels a pain in her stomach) Wait, hold it I'm coming. (She gives the letter to her husband) Let me quickly use the toilet.
KUNLE: What is the matter?
HIS WIFE: I have a pain in my stomach (She walks into one of the rooms and few minutes later she comes out crying)
KUNLE: Dear, what is the matter?
HIS WIFE: (She continues crying) the baby is gone.
KUNLE: What!...my God! (He quickly holds his wife) Wait, let us go to the hospital. What kind of problem is this now for christ sake? (They exit. Curtain closes)

SCENE FOUR
In the residence of Kunle. His friend Sami comes to pay him a visit.
KUNLE: Welcome, Sami. Long time no see. You've suddenly neglected me so soon.
SAMI: Stop saying nonsense, my friend. I was so busy doing some business here and there. You know, one must not sit idle as far as this country is concern.
KUNLE: You have been busy doing business, right? (Sami nods his head to agree) I was just wandering maybe you can let me be part of that your business. I'll love to do business too. So I will just be busy like you.
SAMI: Haba! What about your job, are you tired of it?
KUNLE: Not at all but the company got tired of me.
SAMI: To be sincere with you, my good friend. I heard that you have resigned from your job, what is the matter?
KUNLE: It's because your informant did not want to insult me.
SAMI: (He breaks in) What do you mean by that?
KUNLE: You don't understand my previous line. I got sacked. That's all. I can never be tired of my job.
SAMI: That's a bad one. Ok now, what have you been doing to come back on track?
KUNLE: Praying and fasting for God to open another way.
SAMI: (He laughs so loud) Please don't make me laugh.
KUNLE: You did already. But what is funny about what I just said?
SAMI: You lost your job and the next think you think is right to do is to pray and fast. You this church people will not kill somebody. Ok... let me stop the joke. I have a better offer for you. You said it earlier that you want to be part of my business, right?
KUNLE: Yes. Do you have a room for me?
SAMI: In fact, a bigger one for you. You are my good friend and I can't be seeing you reducing in weight with fasting and praying like this.
KUNLE: If I may ask; what is the nature of the business we are talking about.
SAMI: What do you want to do with it? Is that what you want or the money you want to get from it? See, let me tell you something, my good friend; you see, in life, one need to be awake. There is no easy cut to success not by praying, fasting or what have you. (He pauses)
KUNLE: There are certain business I cannot do as a christian. Tell me, what is the nature of the business, please.
SAMI: Ok. (He comes closer to Kunle and whisper to his ear)
KUNLE: Ha!
SAMI: Forget label and eat bread. And mind you, let what I said be a secret between us. I like you that's why I informed you about the deal.
KUNLE: (He opens his mouth in surprise to what he heard) What?
SAMI: This one that you are doing like a small child. See, maybe you want to think about it. I don't have time to be seeing you behaving like a ten years old boy. Let me advise you, if you join this trade today, within two hours of working with us, you will get an amount of money that will get you back on track. Let me quickly be on my way. I have to see a friend around this area. His name is D.M. I believe you know him very well. those are the big guys I'm chilling with. (He stands to leave and Kunle sees him off. Curtain closes)

SCENE FIVE
The residence of Kunle. He is with his wife. They are discussing.
HIS WIFE: So, dear, what is the new line of action? Should we just focus all our income on this small retail business?
KUNLE: I'm trying to put something in place. Sami came here yesterday.
HIS WIFE: Oh! Thank God!
KUNLE: Why did you say so?
HIS WIFE: There is a need to thank God, of course. There must be a solution to our problem.
KUNLE: (He hisses) He actually suggested a solution but it is something I must not accept.
HIS WIFE: Why?
KUNLE: He is in the same business with D.M. Imagine such a business deal.
HIS WIFE: Sami, D.M., what's the connection between them?
KUNLE: Definitely, you don't know how powerful money is; it can create a link between light and darkness.
HIS WIFE: You are right. That's a very good statement. So, now, what is the next thing on the agenda?
KUNLE: (He pauses) Money can create a link between light and darkness. (He repeats the lines all over again)
HIS WIFE: (Looking at her husband in surprise) What do you mean by that? Are you saying...do you mean...?
KUNLE: Anything you can imagine. You are at your liberty.
HIS WIFE: ...just please, don't try anything funny. Whatever, I trust you, you will not want to subscribe to it. And lest I forget, dear, did you finally went to see the pastor? We need to continue praying fervently about all these things happening in this house. We must not stop. Quickly go and see the pastor, there must be possible things we can do again about this.
KUNLE: Are you done?
HIS WIFE: What do you mean? Are you saying my words are meaningless?
KUNLE: You are talking about seeing a pastor. Were you not there when I was discussing with the pastor about the dream I had.
HIS WIFE: I'm not talking about the dream alone, I'm talking about the current situation. I don't think there is a link between your dream and what is happening now.
KUNLE: That is because you don't know what I have discussed so far with the pastor. He said my current situation are works of the devil to mislead me from the path of Christ. He even gave me some works to do in order to strengthen my faith but I'm just kind of too busy. I have to get something doing before I can consider the spiritual work he suggested.
HIS WIFE: Oh! I thought as much. That is possibly the cause of the kind of life you are living in. You know I can't stop imagine that despite the fact that you are the assistant sunday school coordinator yet you prefer drinking around like a mosquito. What a shame. I believe all that must stop because I can't continue losing my babies for your sinful nature. Now, they gave you a spiritual work to do, you did not bother to discuss it with me instead you are waiting till the time you will get money to do it. I pity you. Your hell will be as tall as the everest. (Her husband is dumbfounded. She stands and goes into the room)
KUNLE: Ha! My God! This woman has never insulted to this extent before. It is not because of my little sin, it is definitely because I don't have money. Sami! Here I come! (Kunle exits. Curtain closes)

To be continued...

(1) (Reply)

Win A Scholarship To Study A Certificate Course In Book Publishing / . / My Lessons From The Green Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.