Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You (82585 Views)

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? / What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by treasureboy09(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
veteranExboy:

You must be very very stupid and senseless,I don't give a rats ass if I get baned from this forum for life.You have been posting fucking useless comments here. You are so disgusting and more of a bastard. If I could see your ugly mother fucking face I swear to God I'll kill you without thinking of the fucking consequences. How much does a gate man or driver earn working for NNPC...The monthly allowance in the north east is just 45k, you speak of command schools like it can accommodate all the children of military staffs.Someone who won't see his/her family for close to a year receiving an annual salary of 650k while sleeping in the cold with no proper accommodation provided, you buy your own uniforms,boots,and transport yourself to wherever the Bleep your office is,no traveling allowances too.No fucking allowance from January to December.Even a sales person in a filling station has got some bonus year end.

You fucking piece of shit is here spewing thrash from that cunt you call a mouth.May God destroy your entire generation with hatred and pain.A soldier serves for 35 years and can't own his own home unless he collects bribe from duty on high ways and you expecting that there won't be proliferation of arms everywhere in the country.You are such a tiny foolish herpes.
. Gee chill some peeps here don't know shit....
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Cybertext(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Neddstark:
People saying the salary is too small as if you earn more than a staff sergeant. So the Nigerian military is to pay 1 million on 10 privates and use all our tax money on paying soldiers? By the way, serving in the military comes with lots of benefits including housing, training, trips allowance, etc. If you don't want government to pay you, go start your own business.

As in I was shocked at the comment I was reading... The pay is not too small considering the allowances and other benefits. Besides if not for corruption most Privates and Lance Corporal should be between (18-21 years)

On Nairaland everyone earn 1mill a month and uses iphone to browse but in reality most cannot even afford a three square meal.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Emecunze: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
Is this the net salary per month or the whole thing?
����
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
NORD VPN AVAILABLE EXPIRES, DEC, 2024 VERY AFFORDABLE CONTACT ON MY SIGNATURE
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Livingstone124: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
This country has lost it. What for? So you call that work bonus salary. John10:35 Jesus wept
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by oksmart: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
So you think most of these modern soldiers are not educated??. This is 2020 not 1980, most of the guys getting enlisted into the Army now are mostly graduates. One girl came to my house the other day and told me this rubbish when I showed her a glimpse of my credentials she was shocked.
Poloyanabo1:

Thats why its good to go to the University so you can be commisioned.

Am not supporting the injustice by the govt oo

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by oksmart: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
Get your facts right so that nobody will challenge you.
DivineGrace123:

Some members of this forum will just hide behind a faceless forum to spew rubbish. Anyway, I am not among those who will go so low and then be exchanging words with someone that I don't know on a public forum. smiley
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ceenelly:
your assertion is not entirely true, apart of free accommodation the health you talk about is as a result of NHIS which some other federal agencies also benefit from it. On cars I don't see how they get access to cheap cars except cars with incomplete papers that a seller is in a haste to sell, a military personnel can buy such cars at a cheaper rate and use it without acquiring the requisite papers which is also a risk

The only military people I've seen suffering are those with bad ogas who also hinder their promotion.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by eniade07: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
naijanaweown2:
Lets not forget they are paid every two two weeks

Mumu talk....if you don't have anything to say, just keep your mouth shut!
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by chibnnodi: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mile18:
it's too poor.

Do you think money is planted?
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nikes(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

i can confirm this oooo it is 100% correect
Oga abeg it's not 100% correct jooor. Master warrant officers recieve 160+ , warrant officers recieve 110+ Only for private soldiers, Lcp and Cpl are correct

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Rainbow219(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Most of them becomes a Nigerian soldiers for the fashion they have in the job, not for salary or to become one day millionaires.
PLEASE KEEP MUTE ON THEIR SALARY
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Ceenelly(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
DivineGrace123:

Exactly! I didn't want to argue further with her, that is why I had to ignore her last post. Maybe she is probably talking about the "ogas at the top" among them which we all know that such people constitute only a few percentage of the total number of soldiers in Nigeria.
you are right

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
Lucid1:

At the moment , police and military men earn more than lecturers if you judging by grade level. Except you're in the military, I don't understand your argument.

Do you mean a private soldier earn more than a lecturer in the university?
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by jimmynauty: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
i no envy them...
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Btruth: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
GOFRONT:
So this is what those new recruits that were constituting Nuisance on the Third mainland bridge last tuesday earns??
that was why they were constituting nuisance....... grin
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Ceenelly(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
oksmart:
So you think most of these modern soldiers are not educated??. This is 2020 not 1980, most of the guys getting enlisted into the Army now are mostly graduates. One girl came to my house the other day and told me this rubbish when I gave her a glimpse of my credentials she was shocked.
my brother naija mentality, they see all army, police etc has o level holders, they don't know they are more graduate there than many other federal agencies.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
Praktikals:

Your comment is very foolish. If not for their sacrifice, where will you and your loved ones be?
Who be this one, if u don't like my comments read and pass, you don't have to show the world u are an illiterate.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by jumper524(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Rosarie:
After review?,please how much was the previous salary like biko.that one was worse than peanut now.
This is too bad,people meant to protect us.
thats d old salary.
No review..
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by jp130(m): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
Make moni while managing your football team, check my signature
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Thryphosa(m): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
I'll rather be a bouncer for Wizkid than to be a Nigerian Army.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by LordMayor018: 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
They don't even pay their december salary till now, policemen are enjoying more than soldiers these days.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Drabrah(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
U think it's salary they depend on! For wia!
It's d pecks they after. The allowances et al. That's where d real "mulla" lies

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Princedapace(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
sparog:

Wow

This country is so messed up. If the soldiers are collecting peanuts, that means police and other paramilitary officers will receive next to nothing as salary.

Lol, so u guys didn't know? Same with police. They are poorly paid.

The politicians sat down and designed mouth watering offers for them selves. Why? To enable them control the masses. Yeah, this is why our soldiers and policemen can be bought by politicians. The politicians know that if the masses are majorly rich, they can't buy votes, they can't rig election with ease, they can't manipulate them.

This is why I laugh whenever Nigerians defend politicians and fight one another.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by tck2000(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2020
GOFRONT:
So this is what those new recruits that were constituting Nuisance on the Third mainland bridge last tuesday earns??
lol
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by iamkazeem: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
Those were cadets not recruit, upon graduation they wil be a second liutenant
GOFRONT:
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Absoj(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Lucid1:
I don't understand most of these comments, how's that pay too small? They're also entitled to accommodation and medicals (+dependants)
Go and see the state of accommodation in the baraks. A state of squalor. Its just that theyve got more loyalty and perseverance than the police counterparts.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by staga: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mile18:
If you are planning to join the Nigerian Army and you will like to know how much they earn, it is important you read and share this post with friends and family.

When you take a look at the Nigerian Armed Forces, the Nigerian Army is the largest component. They help to defend, protect, and honor Nigeria.

Joining the Nigerian Army is not as easy as you think and is like not the ordinary job out there because while everybody is sleeping and enjoying themselves, an average Nigerian Soldier is out there in the Sambisa Forest fighting Boko Haram.

With this Kind of job one expects that an average soldier to be earning big but the case is not like that.

So with the danger and lot of inconveniences associated with the job, how much do you think an average Nigerian soldier earns?

Below is the new salary structure for non-commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army.

.After the increase, a private Soldier now earns about N48,000-N49,000

. A Lance Corporal Salary is about N54,000-N55,000
. A Corporal new salary is N58,000

. A Sergeant in the Nigerian Army earns about N63,000

. Staff Sergeant earns N68,000

. Warrant Officer earns N80,000

. Master Warrant Officer earns N90,000

For Commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Army, below are the ranks and how much they earn

. A Second Lieutenant earns about N120,000

. A Lieutenant in the Nigerian army collects about N180,000

. For a Captain in the Nigerian army, the new salary is N220,000

. The new salary of a Major in the Nigerian army is N300,000

. A Lt. Colonel collects about N350,000
. A Colonel earns N550,000

. Brigadier General's new salary structure is N750,000
. A Major General earns about N950,000

. Lt. General in the Nigerian army earns around N1 million

.Finally the new salary structure for a General is abut N1.5 million

What do you think about this new salary structure? Do you think it is worth the nature of this job compare to what our politicians earn? Don't forget to share with people that will need this information.

That is what it is. But they are housed in the barracks and get allowances for field operations and stuff. If they get posted for external peacekeepign operations, that is also extra quid. Also, airforce pilots are fed by the govt.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by staga: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Actually, these salaries and the lack of any veteran affairs ministry or parastatal to cater to those who have post-traumatic stress is just an appalling situation.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by BitmapStudios: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
happney65:
cc Bitmapstudios you see the reason why Nigeria no fit better?If soldiers be like this,how much Police officers go be?
My brother, if you're not kind to your mai guard, he will be the one to invite robbers to you house. Little wonder there are sabotages even in the ongoing op Lafiya Dole in the NE. I remember Col. Abu of 272 Task Force Tank Battalion vividly.
I want to believe that's their basic salary scale. I stand to be corrected though.
One thing I know is, most lobby for overseas operations like peace keeping and training missions. And that's the way they break even. If they choose not to compromise.
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by samsard(m): 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
englishmart:
Generals earn almost a million, captains and the other commissioned officers earn pretty high, just by sitting in their offices or comfort zones and dishing out orders. The real soldiers are those on battlefields risking their lives daily. The least paid soldier should earn nothing less than 150k. I rest my bleeping case.
The brains of every organization always earn more. Have you ever heard what a CEO receives in salary and bonuses?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners / Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.