Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience (41572 Views)

You Met Your Wife Like THIS.. What Would You Do?? / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by missrosey: 6:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
I met her (mum in love) when my husband and I were just friends. It was love at first sight.... from that day, she didn't want to hear about any other girl.
She practically prayed me into her family... Lovely lovely lady.... My husband's siblings are divine, i receive expensive gifts every now and then and they always call to check up on me...
Dad passed before hubby was born so we never met or did we?�

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nice stories. I pray I have a good mother and father in law.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by iamhistreasure: 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
My inlaws are just the best.First time I met them,they asked to see me.My mother in law gave me a warm hug like she had known me,I was asked few questions about myself,I was served delicious meal�and they gifted me a beautiful Bible with money for transport.I felt so loved and fell more in love with my hubby.They also dropped me off.We've been married for almost four years and I have no regrets choosing boos family �

7 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by StreetFight: 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nnamebuka:
That's deceptive cos one day they may still sight you drinking alcohol and would likely be disappointed. Always be yourself but don't overdo things

My brother, let this deception be.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by doctorgold(m): 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
Travelled to Akure to go meet with my in laws. The meeting was fixed for 4pm in the evening. I was advised to go there with a friend but I declined. Why wouldn't I be able to face my inlaws alone. So, my babe came to pick me up at the hotel I was staying. On getting to their house, I met the mother first and the reception was warm. Then I met the father shortly afterwards.
I was asked to introduce myself and was asked some questions such as
1. Where are you from?
2. What do you do?
3. Where are your parents?
4. Have you taken our daughter to meet your parents?
So afterwards, the mother went on to say that they do not have any objection to our relationship since we are both adults and we decided that we want to get married to each other. And that she does not want to see me as a son in law but another son added to her.
The father on the other hand decided to issue me stern warning about his daughter, about how she is his favourite and he cherishes her like his two eyes. He also advised that I go meet with her only brother when we get back to Lagos.
Prior to these discussions, I was offered drinks. Maltina, can beer, alcoholic wine and water all presented to me at once. I only took the water.
Afterwards, food was served and I took the little I could. Truth is that meeting them alone was such an achievement that i felt filled with fulfillment. After eating, they both welcomed me again, prayed with us and announced that they had places to go so they had to leave us two behind.
My love for that babe from that instant grew in geometric progression. Marriage happened last November.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Architectben34:
Never had a gf talkless of fiance
How old are u
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by crownfitsme(f): 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Ego2(f): 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
oh well when the time comes will meet them.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by ThatFairGuy: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
Haha angry I mustn't hear this from my half, ion joke with parents. sad sad
Amanee:
I didn't have issues with his father from day one

Now his mother...

Story for another day
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Realtizzy(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
larrypourl:

Funny enough they're fair and tall in their family but the only girl left just got admission to UI. That's the baby of the house and she's just 17 years, she needs to focus on her studies. Thanks.
This is awesome
Bro am everything serious and if you dont mind let's chat on whatsapp
Am still a young man of 25 nd doing very fine
Not that i want marriage today tomorrow
I am really interested in ur in-law's family nd urself too

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice question
I don't do relationship
So no in-laws for now

Let me take a bottle of Heineken and read comments
But if i decide to do relationship anyday then my in-laws is gonna be tokers, gamblers, always boozing!
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Am everywhere
Am always online.

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Not funny
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by BISIXCLUSIVE: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Those once that said I should swear and take oath if I won't betray their son all because I came from Abeokuta. Someone that already had a daughter in sec sch, I still over look that and show love, they never made mention of their son having child, they don't even know if he told me already, that means they are just been selfish and self-centered, only them but guess what? I have a plan for all of them, may their son no just do any mistake of marrying another person or impregnating someone out of wedlock, na that time they will see the reel Abk babe in me.

6 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Ephhay(f): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:
Question for people in serious relationships.

Some of us just wanna fuçk and leave. No in-laws shît.

Ode undecided
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by kizyalex10(m): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jack500:
In relation to this thread by micronut

https://www.nairaland.com/5612756/meeting-in-law-marriage-6-questions

The guy has given us the likely questions to expect from our parents-in-law and the appropriate answers.

In this thread, i want us to share our experience the first time we met our in-laws, I know this will help those of us that are not married and also fun-filled.

Please, move to the front page for wider view. Thanks
my would be inlaws (cos my wedding by his grace will be on 13th april)re nice people.d first time i met them was d day i decided to go for familiarity sake because i was about to go back to my base.cos i reside outside nigeria and my intention was to let them see me and know my intention towards their daughter so that it will be easy for my people to come nd start d marriage preparation in my absence so it will be quicker for me when i come bck for my wedding cos of my schedule with d company where i work.they were nice nd freindly wiith smart questions.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
missrosey:

Dad passed before hubby was born so we never met or did we?�

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by yanabasee(m): 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rachaelgold:
Hello
Hello....

Good evening..
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Fkhalifa(m): 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Those once that said I should swear and take oat if I won't betray their son all because I came from Abeokuta. Someone that already had a daughter in sec sch, I still over look that and show love, they never made mention of their son having child, they don't even know if he told me already, that means they are just been selfish and self-centered, only them but guess what? I have a plan for all of them, may their son no just do any mistake of marrying another person or impregnating someone out of wedlock, na that time they will see the reel Abk babe in me.

Oya now, The Abk babe cheesy

Where in Abk are you from?

BTW, swear Oath ke, if you feel the guy won't be worth enduring those kind in-laws, I suggest you Jappa o. Before story that will touch heart happens.

Abeg soft pedal o, Them to dey see we Abks somehow too much.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
He introduced me to his parents 8 months before he proposed. I met them in their home back in Denmark (they've since moved here and live 5hours away from us), helped his mom make some stroopwafels and dutch apply pie. Very gentle and sweet people. Couldn't have asked for better inlaws.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by crownfitsme(f): 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
First time I met them mother inlaw was acting nice(story changed after wedding ) and sister in-law reported me that I didn't wash plate,fetch water and I was looking their neighbour somehow ....
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by InvertedHammer: 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
/
If you appear rich OR your fiancee is an evening newspaper,

Key Rule:
Don't eat at your potential in-law's house. They (mother and daughter) may garnish your food with "forget me not".

Cave ne sedes.

\

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
Fkhalifa:

BTW, swear Oath ke, if you feel the guy won't be worth enduring those kind in-laws, I suggest you Jappa o. Before story that will touch heart happens.

They will spell the word OATH I swear to God, their son no give me problem at all, we are naturally in love, he doesn't even know about it until i told him, he was mad that day, though I told him never to confront then and he didn't, thank God they are still doing normal, any slightest mistake hmmm ok ooo.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
Fkhalifa:

I swears they will spell the word OATH.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Fkhalifa(m): 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
BISIXCLUSIVE:
They will spell the word OATH I swear to God, their son no give me problem at all, we are naturally in love, he doesn't even know about it until i told him, he was mad that day, though I told him never to confront then and he didn't, thank God they are still doing normal, any slightest mistake hmmm ok ooo.
Since bobo is the cool type, carry on then and good luck..
Abeg for the sake of him, overlook slight mistakes cheesy

No show them that egba side o.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Ay04z(m): 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Simplebeauty:
grin
It was an interesting moment

please tell your friend to tell a friend that I give cheap loans
I need 1 million
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by kunletexs: 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
BISIXCLUSIVE:
What is ask o?
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by kunletexs: 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
Fkhalifa:

What is abk?
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Fkhalifa(m): 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
kunletexs:

What is abk?
Abeokuta.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Oiza131(f): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
She's one of the most beautiful soul I've ever met. The laslol

10 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sehindemi:

If I were the man I won't even allow my daughter marry you.
You are too careless. undecided
As a man, I wouldn't want to marry you.
You are too JUDGEMENTAL!

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Style007(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
BISIXCLUSIVE:
Going by everything you typed here, I see a lady who is going to make a very bad wife. If i’m to meet your boyfriend today, I will advice him you are a bomb waiting to explode and he should flee from you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
Style007:
Going by everything you typed here, I see a lady who is going to make a very bad wife. If i’m to meet your boyfriend today, I will advice him you are a bomb waiting to explode and he should flee from you.

Word!

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by anoziechi(f): 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
the first time I met my mother in law...chaii she was pampering and petting me...such a good woman...I dey pray for her to live long....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.