Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,611 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen (597 Views)

$800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike / See The Tweet From Federal Ministry Of Communications / Ministry Of Communications, Digital Economy: Communication Ministry Changes Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by tinodam: 11:56am On Jan 05, 2020

The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Pantami, has reiterated that prices of data in the country will be reviewed downward.

Pantami said it is necessary to ensure that more Nigerians have access to affordable Internet and broadband services in the country.

Recall that back in October and November 2019,  Pantami issued a directive to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to ensure that telecoms operators slashed data tariffs, based on claims that subscribers pay huge sums to be online.

The Chairman of the Association of Licensed Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), Gbenga Adebayo, stated that telecoms prices are not determined by political intervention adding that "market and forces of competition are things that can trigger a downward review based on studies."

He urged the minister to look into how the country can be more conducive for investments and investors.

Nigeria currently has over 240 million connected lines, with 178 million active telephone users, while there are 123 million Internet users and about 70 million broadband subscribers in the country.

In the country presently, the price of 1GB cost 1,000 Nigerian naira while 2GB cost between N1,500 and N2,000 depending on the network you are using-Glo, MTN, Airtel and Etisalat.

https://www.techawkng.com/2020/01/05/data-price-slash-will-happen/
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by popsy2(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
I pray
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by Lanretoye(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2020
You don give ultimatum tire,dem no agree.
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by sammyj: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
This is lip service not until this happens!!!
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
shocked
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by nototribalist: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
I'm lucky that where I stay Glo is the fastest network. Faster than MTN and Spectranet combined. N2,500 for 13gb monthly + N5,000 to call any network and extra N6,000 to call within Glo network. I stream movie every night before I sleep
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by helinues: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Not even a clue of when...

Dem want to tell us another story
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by gloriaunobi(f): 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
Surfing free since last year....OYO for downward review
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by otokx(m): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
nototribalist:
I'm lucky that where I stay Glo is the fastest network. Faster than MTN and Spectranet combined. N2,500 for 13gb monthly + N5,000 to call any network and extra N6,000 to call within Glo network. I stream movie every night before I sleep

How do you subscribe for this package?
Re: Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy Says Data Price Slash Will Happen by nototribalist: 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
otokx:

How do you subscribe for this package?
what happens is that when you buy a Glo sim, you can enjoy those bonuses for 4 months, after then you will be thrown back to normal 2,500 for 7gb. But how I do it for the past two years is that I buy new sim every 4 months.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Middle Class And The Second Exodus (II) / Gombe First Lady Visits Hospitalised Bakery Torture Victim / Politics Or Agriculture? See Why You Should Choose Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.