Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) (15282 Views)

Redmi Note 10pro 8/128gb With Mi Smart Band 5 Available / How Do I Connect My Mi Smart Band To Redmi 7 / Samsung released it's Smartwatches, Smart bands & Galaxy Buds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 12:37am On Jan 10, 2020
maclawrence02:

Enjoy grin
Any new discovery don't hesitate to share here so others can also benefit.

I swear i've got tons of discovery bro...
Like you can play a voice note sent on WhatsApp without switching on your phone... And even reply notifications. You can also set the band to notify you your battery is full or getting low. And remind you like every 2 mins or your choice of interval that you have a missed call you're yet to respond to. Lots of discoveries walahi..

2 Likes

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 12:44am On Jan 10, 2020
Nixxxx:
Why don't you guys buy a complete smart watch instead of this tiny screen device

Well it's all a matter of choice bro.. Not forgetting your pocket size too smiley . Moreover I feel like full smart watches are a bit overkill. Either ways , it all comes down to personal preference.

5 Likes

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2020
charming007:

I swear i've got tons of discovery bro...
Like you can play a voice note sent on WhatsApp without switching on your phone... And even reply notifications. You can also set the band to notify you your battery is full or getting low. And remind you like every 2 mins or your choice of interval that you have a missed call you're yet to respond to. Lots of discoveries walahi..
I'm glad you are exploring and discovering hidden features.
Just pick a really good feature and post the tutorial here so others can learn.
I'm very happy you share the same zeal I had when I bought mine, I was like no this can be it there should be more!
Since then it's been and exciting journey.

2 Likes

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2020
Nixxxx:
Why don't you guys buy a complete smart watch instead of this tiny screen device
It's less intrusive in your every day life and activities.

2 Likes

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 9:50am On Jan 10, 2020
maclawrence02:

I'm glad you are exploring and discovering hidden features.
Just pick a really good feature and post the tutorial here so others can learn.
I'm very happy you share the same zeal I had when I bought mine, I was like no this can be it there should be more!
Since then it's been and exciting journey.

Ok .. I found the incoming and missed call function to be very handy...
1. Open the notify app
2. Click on the message-like icon(pictures below)
3. Click on calls, and start tweaking as you like.

Note.. make sure you turn off incoming call alerts on the official mi fit app before hand, so as to allow smooth performance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2020
charming007:

Ok .. I found the incoming and missed call function to be very handy...
1. Open the notify app
2. Click on the message-like icon(pictures below)
3. Click on calls, and start tweaking as you like.

Note.. make sure you turn off incoming call alerts on the official mi fit app before hand, so as to allow smooth performance.
Good one bro.
I hope you know you can receive, ignore or mute call on the band?
Keep discovering!
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2020
maclawrence02:

Good one bro.
I hope you know you can receive, ignore or mute call on the band?
Keep discovering!

Yeah yeah... cool
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by biggmusty(m): 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for the apk

1 Like

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
biggmusty:
Thanks for the apk
You're welcome. Pls don't hesitate to share with us any new trick you happen to come across while using the notify and fitness app.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by HisExcellence(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for the App shared.

1 Like

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
HisExcellence:
Thanks for the App shared.
I'm glad I could help.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by 2kurupt(m): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
philejazzy:

Yes your very Right That MR in a different band from MI MR BAND

There's no such product as Mi Mr Band, stop misinforming the public. That's a cheapo clone of the Mi Band 4
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by iamsuskay(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2020
2kurupt:

There's no such product as Mi Mr Band, stop misinforming the public. That's a cheapo clone of the Mi Band 4
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
So guys, do make use of the mi fit app and Notify & fitness app together?

Which do you delete or keep to have better experience?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by GrandMufti: 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
longlife101:
So guys, do make use of the mi fit app and Notify & fitness app together?

Which do you delete or keep to have better experience?

Delete mi fit
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by Solacemk: 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
I bought mine 14k. I'm still enjoying it. I love it so much.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
GrandMufti:

Delete mi fit
I just hope it'll be ok. As Notify needed mi fit to work
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by GrandMufti: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
longlife101:

Delete
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
GrandMufti:

Delete
Sure Sir!!
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
longlife101:
Yes but after that there is a work around to use notify and fitness alone. It has more features.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 7:32pm On Jan 16, 2020
maclawrence02:

Yes but after that there is a work around to use notify and fitness alone. It has more features.
Good one. Any more heads-up
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2020
longlife101:
Good one. Any more heads-up
Guys, Notify & fitness app isn't working alone with my band. How do you make it work without the mi fit app?

Modified.

Figured out. One just have to follow the prompts of installing and uninstalling the recommended apk and following the instructions to keep only the Notify and Fitness app

1 Like

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
longlife101:
Guys, Notify & fitness app isn't working alone with my band. How do you make it work without the mi fit app?

Modified.

Figured out. One just have to follow the prompts of installing and uninstalling the recommended apk and following the instructions to keep only the Notify and Fitness app

Well choosing to uninstall the mi fit app is ok, but the thing is do not update your band with the notify and fitness app, or your watch might get bricked. So if you want to update, install the mi fit app, update and then uninstall. Cheers smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
charming007:

Well choosing to uninstall the mi fit app is ok, but the thing is do not update your band with the notify and fitness app, or your watch might get bricked. So if you want to update, install the mi fit app, update and then uninstall. Cheers smiley smiley
Good one. Will the band notify of any new update or something?

Too, every other thing is working fine, just the play/pause button/setting isn't.

-Pressing that on the band just stop the music, with all the options seleted for that botton in the Notify app, and you'd need to go back to the phone to click play again.

Anyway around that?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
longlife101:
Good one. Will the band notify of any new update or something?

Too, every other thing is working fine, just the play/pause button/setting isn't.

-Pressing that on the band just stop the music, with all the options seleted for that botton in the Notify app, and you'd need to go back to the phone to click play again.

Anyway around that?

Well the band doesn't notify you of an update. Just that it automatically updates itself once you connect it to the mi fit app. And I think I got an update recently sha. My current version is in the picture below.

As for the music setting, I still have the mi fit app installed, so I didn't bother changing that in the notify and fit app.
But if you don't have the mi fit app installed, try the settings in the picture below for your notify app.

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by MilesLamar(m): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
maclawrence02:

Have you downloaded the mi fit and notify and fitness app? And also paired the band to your phone?

Can I pair it with my torch light phone??
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
MilesLamar:

Sure you can, just switch on the torch and point it to the base of the band lobatan.. smiley smiley. Thank me later. : wink
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 8:05am On Jan 18, 2020
MilesLamar:

You want to pair it with your touch light phone with the hope of achieving what purpose exactly?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
charming007:

Well the band doesn't notify you of an update. Just that it automatically updates itself once you connect it to the mi fit app. And I think I got an update recently sha. My current version is in the picture below.

As for the music setting, I still have the mi fit app installed, so I didn't bother changing that in the notify and fit app.
But if you don't have the mi fit app installed, try the settings in the picture below for your notify app.
Nice of you to share. All was followed as you also discribed above. -I also have same latest update version.

However, GrandMufti above adviced deleting the Mi fit app and only keeping the Notify. -so far so good, except the play/pause ish. If I press it, I need to go through the phone to start/play/continue the music. Other than that every other thing is good using only the Notify app for the mi band 4
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by charming007(m): 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
longlife101:
Nice of you to share. All was followed as you also discribed above. -I also have same latest update version.

However, GrandMufti above adviced deleting the Mi fit app and only keeping the Notify. -so far so good, except the play/pause ish. If I press it, I need to go through the phone to start/play/continue the music. Other than that every other thing is good using only the Notify app for the mi band 4

Wait let me get your complain right, is it that you can't start/stop music from the band without playing it on the phone first?.

If that's the case then you have no problem cos it's the same thing on every band. You have to play the music on your phone first before controlling it subsequently on the band.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by MilesLamar(m): 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
maclawrence02:

You want to pair it with your touch light phone with the hope of achieving what purpose exactly?

Na Joke bros
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by MilesLamar(m): 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2020
charming007:

Sure you can, just switch on the torch and point it to the base of the band lobatan.. smiley smiley. Thank me later. : wink

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Samsung Releases Jelly Bean 4.1.2 For Android Update! / “Ask Atiku Yourself” Mobile App: A Review By TechCapon / 20+ Cheapest Android Phones in Nigeria Under 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k and 70k Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.