Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire (26980 Views)

New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival / Angry Mob Sets Two Suspected Bandits Ablaze In Niger State (graphic) / Osun Grandma Sets Fire On 9-Year-Old Grandchild's Hands For Eating Siblings Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Iheoforlex: 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
So you pay your tax but you can't enjoy the outcome of the tax you pay ..
We need to start launching missile on political thieves

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by salford1: 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
3rd world country paroles.

The traders do not have insurance.
Mobs burnt down a fire station (tax payers owned) that was not properly funded by government.

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Chidelis(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
Just 20 meters between the fire station and market.... And water no dey truck.... Chai..... No wonder lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Ifakiland(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
Well since it wasn't useful in the first place, make e kukuma no exist....useless govt just put empty fire trucks for decoration and campaign....gullible citizens voted for dem cos of empty fire truck. SMH that angel wey post me come Nigeria we go get private talk....

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by salford1: 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ryda:
Who did we offend na angry

See how people transferred aggression to property that is meant to be of use to the general public.
Why not march to the government house!
I tell you. Backward nation.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by otokx(m): 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Unbelievable nonsense, why burn the fire service station? NEPA should stop bringing light to industrial areas at night when few if any people are in the facility

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Mateen1000: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

Which general public? Is the market not a general public?
A fire incident of the said magnitude occurred and the fire service was not put to use when it is most needed, what then is the use of the fire service?

Is it not better it is burnt down so people will know there is no such service available?

I don't support unruly behaviours but sometimes you can't just help it and in this case, they are rightangry
Bro I’m from Oyo, And I’m telling you that
Five vehicles of fire service can’t even quench the fire
Oyo is just having only 2 vehicles
One is still working, I don’t think the other even have an engine, So I don’t blame them at all, Nothing they can do about it, People are just transferring aggression unnecessarily
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

A fire incident of the said magnitude occurred and the fire service was not put to use when it is most needed, what then is the use of the fire service?

Is it not better it is burnt down so people will know there is no such service available?

I don't support unruly behaviours but sometimes you can't just help it and in this case, they are rightangry
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by hollah123: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ryda:

See how you just supported unruly behaviour.
So burning down the fire station will bring back the burnt market?

You are wrong.
u call it unruly behavior but this suits d situation, if only u know how much is been looted with the useless fire station then u will understand d fact that it needs not to exist in d first place. let's kukuma know we don't have fire station at all

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Izigha(m): 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
If you truly must be fair about the state of Nigeria, you must agree that the countries leaders and citizens are all mad.

Bitter but true. An average Nigeria is insane and this class of people far outnumber the sane ones who mostly are not even in the country.

A ratio of about 1:10,000,000
omo you wicked, again hardship and bad environmental factor dnt help good reasoning.
what I cant understand is this governors and commissioners travel all over the world. not until i left that country before i realize that fire truck dnt need to carry the water they need to fight a fire. why not dig a borehole exclusively for fire in all market

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by okrikaboi: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
After the fires na the flood God give me the gift of prophecy
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
But sad
These niggurs we're making fun of onitsha when the fire service failed to show up at that market inferno.
Now fire service was located 20 meters from the market but couldn't mobilize to battle the inferno lipsrsealed
The way they were blowing grammar when onitsha was up in flames one would think they lived in heaven.
Nigerians and hypocrisy, make una dey do unaselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Skillsnigeria: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
That's too bad
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Bellotelli: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
I totally empathize with the traders but burning down another man's source of living is totally wrong. The govt should ensure that they are duly compensated.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Hypocrit: 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2020
[quote author=Ryda post=85525516]

You are wrong. [/quote ] someone who has no wound never knows the pain when salt is applied.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by toluism: 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
salford1:

I tell you. Backward nation.
Not in this regard

Dont blame them.... The situation made them to take rash actions. We are busy judging them because we were not in their shoes and did not feel the heat...

Maybe we could u have done worse if it was u.... Nobody can tell.

May God restore them.. Its not a palatable experience. ...

2 Likes

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by emirp: 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
Nigeria our country[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by salford1: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
toluism:

Not in this regard

Dont blame them.... The situation made them to take rash actions. We are busy judging them because we were not in their shoes and did not feel the heat...

Maybe we could u have done worse if it was u.... Nobody can tell.

May God restore them.. Its not a palatable experience. ...
It's just sad that Nigerians can burn their own property in addition to the ones they lost to the fire. Yes the fire station is their property since it's government owned.
What they should have done was to take their protest to the government house.

The firemen working at the station would still get paid their wages, same as the politicians in the LGA and State.

I am all for protesting against bad governance not burning tax payer's properties. At th end of the day, the cost of rebuilding that station would be passed on the masses in form of increased taxes or market levies.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by daxclusive1: 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2020
Funniest thing, the fire station is just right beside the market. Just a 2min walk ooo. grin grin grin. Who did we really offend in this country
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Hypocrit: 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
helinues:
And should there be another fire tomorrow

Backward reasoning
was it able to solve the one of today?

2 Likes

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by back2sender: 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ryda:

You are wrong.

What do you mean unruly behavior?

Fire station less than 20 meter to the market, Fire engine lacks water and yet this set of fire ment received salaries month in Month out.

What ARe they paying then salaries for? Indolent and lazy people!

God knows how long there has been no water and they all sit down there collecting salaries for maintaining empty fire trucks, how can Nigeria grow with this kind of attitude from workers?

2 Likes

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Originalsly: 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ryda:
Who did we offend na angry

See how people transferred aggression to property that is meant to be of use to the general public.
Why not march to the government house!

It is good they burnt down the fire house..... put those firemen in the same misery as the market vendors. 20 meters away... where they can smell the smoke and respond before the fire spread. There need to be an investigation as to why were the trucks without water.... and why were the firemen not prepared to fight a fire. People need to be fired... and charged for neglection of duty/something.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by engrchykae(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
tstx:
Instead of taking their violence to the government they took it to an innocent building...

Nigerians are a funny breed.. Our stupidity should be studied in foreign universities
so that your useless rogue gavanment will order trigger happy men in Black to shoot them and those arrested will be accussed of attempting to overthrow government with placards.
They did very well.
That was how in Kano state, whenever there is fire outbreak,fire service will come with their miserable truck and pack nearby and when people urge them to do something,they will shamelessly tell you how they don't have water.
Again I say,they did very very well

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by back2sender: 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mateen1000:

One is still working, I don’t think the other even have an engine, So I don’t blame them at all, Nothing they can do about it, People are just transferring aggression unnecessarily
You lack sense.
A fire station that is 2 minutes to the market. If there is water in the trucks, it means the response time would have been very quick and this would have ameliorate the damage caused.
Response time is key but as usual, no water in the fire truck and the fire men all sit down daily in that office collecting salaries for nothing

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by seangy4konji: 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
Harmattan..

Be careful..
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mateen1000:

As at the time the fire was noticed by those around the market, the magnitude of the inferno could have been curtailed by one fire fighter truck. A fire fighter truck has no water and the station is located few distance to the market. Before trucks move from Ibadan through traffic to Ojoo, Akinyele enroute Oyo will the magnitude of the inferno not have escalated above two trucks? Those fire fighters are just collecting salary. No daily or weekly fire fighting exercise.

Seyi Makinde PR has just failed one KPI.

2 Likes

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
The irony
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by engrchykae(m): 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Starboytwo:
Fire fighter could not do anything cuz equipment was bad, ehn, equipment was bad in this 2020, this is not 2019 ooo, 2020, and there is still no equipment... And people go to work there everyday, they have oga, they collect salary, and the oga self have oga...

Maybe this country is cursed or something, it seems everything is wrong and nothing is working...

No light everywhere darkness, millions never use light this year...

Fire they burn, fire fighter say him no get equipment? why you con dey exist?

My mom is a trader, so I know how those market women feel, that's a terrible thing to happen, worse is firefighter wey no get equipments...

All goods, shops, money, owo oni rice, iya elewa, mama oni garri, iya olonje, all of them BIG shenking...

Blame the local government chairman, senator, governor then buhari himself, they are responsible
blood is speaking against this country.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Hypocrit: 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mateen1000:

Then is better they are burnt. How can you put none functional equipment in a place to serve as aids. They are waste, rubbish and are better destroyed than take unnecessary space and constitute nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by toluism: 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
salford1:

It's just sad that Nigerians can burn their own property in addition to the ones they lost to the fire. Yes the fire station is their property since it's government owned.
What they should have done was to take their protest to the government house.

The firemen working at the station would still get paid their wages, same as the politicians in the LGA and State.

I am all for protesting against bad governance not burning tax payer's properties. At th end of the day, the cost of rebuilding that station would be passed on the masses in form of increased taxes or market levies.

Protesting about bad governance is a different ball game entirely to this issue.
There is a non-chalant attitude of some government office... The fact that the fire service is hardly called upon in Oyo town make them to b lazy up to the extent of not having water at all.... Why are they existing if they could not at least try to get water in case on emergencies.... There are rivers they could have use their idle time to go there and get water and store...... At least before support from other stations were available... It could be said of them that they did their best....

Its like a police station telling u that they do not have a single gun or police stick.....

Yes the government is to be blame...

But these people under hot aggression of loosing properties worth millions/billions will not have the time to think like that..

Just sympathize with them and we all charge the government on providing the facilities needed not putting in place a non functional structure

2 Likes

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by maolah: 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
Infact billions of naira have desroyed in that market.

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

And when another fire happens nko? And this is the same urchin that goes about nairaland littering everywhere with hate and tribalism..no wonder! Your likes have reasonings that are anomaly..here is someone encouraging arson and destruction of government property.. you all should be locked away in a dungeon and left to rot! angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) / Nigerian Lady Calls Out A Man Who Allegedly Scammed Her / Kidnappers Who Abducted 4-Year-Old Child Stoned To Death By Angry Mob. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.