Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,007 members, 7,799,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich (728 Views)

One most precious resource you must be very smart with if you want to be rich / Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich / The 10 Biggest Myth You Have Read In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich by uprof(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2020
Leaving below your means can make you poor.

What do we mean by financial myth?

Financial myths are believes that affect your thinking about money, wealth,and prosperity but which may not be true.

How can living below your means affect your financial prosperity?

You live in a society where people grew up with the mentality of living below your means.

This false belief has caused much damage to peoples financial health. They cut down important cost that can help them grow in life thinking that they can be rich by simply being cheap.

With a view to order to living below their means, they Eat junk food in order to save more money.

They buy cheap clothes;they Ignore seminar or workshop that can change their life for the better because it seems expensive and they want to save more money.

They can't buy big Data plan to learn new things that can help them boost their income. They have forgotten that in this information age. The Information you have and the age of that information will determine how far you can go in life.

When you stick to this mentality,you are giving yourself limitation on what you can archive in life.

Once you keep your income constant thinking that you have no control over it. Hence you keep down cost that can take you from the slow track to the fast track.

Then the result you get is you remain where you are because you've not added any value to yourself.

But immediately you start looking on the side of your income and start figuring out what can be done to increase the size of your income then your brain start working.

Imagine your income is #15000 per month and you decide to think deeply on what you can do to raise this income.

So many things will start coming to your mind like

*can I start selling something to my colleagues at work and friends and family in the neighborhood?

*Let me figure out on what I can do on weekends

*should I learn new skills?

*should I renegotiate my term of employment?

Should I quit this busy job that doesn't give me significant value to myself and start something better.

Seeking answers to the above questions will lead you to infinite knowledge on how money really works rather than trapped in a dead end living that doesn't make you happy and healthy financially.

*Note:* The writer does not mean you shouldn't consider benefit before you spend.

Thanks for reading this article.

Think deeply on this before you read our next article or watch our video lecture.

Money Affairs

We connect you to the infinite knowledge of money.

Like our page for update:

http://www.Facebook.com/moneyaffairsonline

Action mode activated.

1 Like

Re: Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich by pushups44: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2020
I think there are various strategies to get rich, so you have millionaires with different philosophies. Yes, there are probably common patterns or ways of viewing the world among them, but people get rich in many industries and with diverse methods. Some get rich by hoarding over time, whereas others make risky investments that pay off. I think one thing all rich people have is motivation - they must be driven to accomplish what most people cannot financially. Building wealth also requires discipline.

2 Likes

Re: Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich by pushups44: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2020
I saw your Facebook page and it's nice. I believe financial education is important, especially in Nigeria. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Re: Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich by uprof(m): 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
pushups44:
I think there are various strategies to get rich, so you have millionaires with different philosophies. Yes, there are probably common patterns or ways of viewing the world among them, but people get rich in many industries and with diverse methods. Some get rich by hoarding over time, whereas others make risky investments that pay off. I think one thing all rich people have is motivation - they must be driven to accomplish what most people cannot financially. Building wealth also requires discipline.

Thanks for the contribution

getting the right information matters in everything we want to do.

1 Like

Re: Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich by uprof(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
pushups44:
I saw your Facebook page and it's nice. I believe financial education is important, especially in Nigeria. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the commendation

1 Like

Re: Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich by superstr: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Many people think they can save their ways to prosperity, which is possible, but hard if care is not taken. It is always good to lookout for how to increase income instead. Thanks for sharing!
Re: Financial Myth You Must Avoid If You Want To Be Rich by WordpressPhysco: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
You're right my brother. Here is more sense about it - what helped me

https://www.nairaland.com/5616521/made-seroius-money-when-fell

(1) (Reply)

How Billionaires Performed On The NSE In 2019; Who Gained Or Lost? / Get Much Larger Opay Loans Today When You Follow These Steps / How To Access Opay Loans In 3 Easy Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.