Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,499 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) (90440 Views)

17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) / Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Vehicle Crushes A Lady's Leg On Ore-Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by oloriLFC(f): 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Oh! Good Lord! That's a baby wipes on the ground. So sad! May they Rest In Peace. O ma se oo sad sad
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
midehi2:

Like what i just said, this very accident looks like the one of about 3yrs ago xmas period on that ore road, same car, same parked truck, same fine lady at the front car, it happened right before us, immediately after Ore, the rate of speed from the car was much that we even have to flag him down to drive easy, the next thing we heard was "gbaoooo, on a parked truck, the worst was they all died in that crash, but my surprised was how come even the occupant at the back seat died too, a young boy at the back seat of the driver, just as this pics died too, the man driving was the last to take his last breath after so much long effort to open his door, that day i cried my eyes out, very beautiful family

RIP to them
Too bad. But are you trying to say this is a recycled picture?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Mateen1000: 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nthrone:

Nothing scary there, bikooo, I advice you to start watching horror movie, u re emotionally soft
Me, horror movie ke
It's either Comedy or Nothing at all
It looks so scary to me

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by seborrhic: 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
midehi2:

Like what i just said, this very accident looks like the one of about 3yrs ago xmas period on that ore road, same car, same parked truck, same fine lady at the front car, it happened right before us, immediately after Ore, the rate of speed from the car was much that we even have to flag him down to drive easy, the next thing we heard was "gbaoooo, on a parked truck, the worst was they all died in that crash, but my surprised was how come even the occupant at the back seat died too, a young boy at the back seat of the driver, just as this pics died too, the man driving was the last to take his last breath after so much long effort to open his door, that day i cried my eyes out, very beautiful family

RIP to them
It mostly likely will be.
There are individuals on Nland that have a merchant for searching for old news and recycling them as if it happened in the present.
When you have lazy and barely enlightened moderators,that never moderate or research stories before pushing them to FP,you have a combustible mix that results in misinformation and spreading of panic.
It's reasons and stories like this that make some people advocate and support the social media bill.

3 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by masterflowx(m): 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
Geminita1:
OMG, I hate trucks!!!!!! angry

Men and serious women can never say that...

Every successfully human being must needs their service as your money grow.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
midehi2:

RIP to them
And for the dead boy, thats the work of gravitational force. Thats why some occupants die in an accident without sustaining any physical injury but internally, they've sustained a serious one. Blood vessels can get ruptured , organs can get ruptured and torn too, the brain can also suffer severe trauma.

5 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by selemo: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat
Likewise me. RIP
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Fheelzz(m): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
SUBHANALLAH may we and our family members never encounter such. chai
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Bizzyliss(m): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
I saw this accident wen driving back to lag
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by emkz: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
Guys, please let's be mindful the way we dishonour the dead. Advertising the car and the corpses is not tidy. Allow the Police/FRSC to do their jobs and contact the families through the appropriate channels. The license plate can be traced to the owner through the licensing office. Not many can withstand the trauma of seeing their loved one in this state.

Please let's be smart in using our smartphones.

3 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Ijaya123: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat

Even the passenger at the back also died.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by adonismuller(m): 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
foolbuster:
Me do over 120km/h in an SUV. I dey craze?
I can risk overspeeding in a sedan never in an SUV unless its an urus.
wanted to type this but I was scared of bashing by people who will mis understand.....

Death is inevitable but sometimes we can avert it..mere looking at the incident it’s either the suv was behind the moving truck which naturally he is supposed to slow down knowing he is behind a truck or the truck was packed and he rammed into it.... please let’s always calm down on our speeding.. it’s better late than never !!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Digriz(m): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2020
Tailgating might also be the cause of this accident and once the truck applied a little break that will be it.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Londonland: 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:
Welcome to Nigeria where natural death is a taboo.

Don't be surprise that one useless drunkard packed that truck there overnight while sleeping with a prostitute.
what about the victim? Don't you think that speed is too high?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by fokusmind: 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2020
Anybody driving on that road needs to be extra careful now. The road is better in some part but unfortunately too curvy and not straight making speeding dangerous. May God 's protection be upon us all
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by midehi2(f): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Too bad. But are you trying to say this is a recycled picture?
I wouldn't say but the pics and scenario I am seeing here, is just same as I saw it that day.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by DMerciful(m): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
It matters. Middle to back seats are the safest!
Ucee1999:

Seat position doesn't matter at all. Once it is your time it is your time.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by midehi2(f): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2020
Bizzyliss:
I saw this accident wen driving back to lag
When?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by adonismuller(m): 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
crowniran:
If you are interested in learning web development and you have no clue on where to get good materials or don't have enough cash, then I can give you access to my udemy account for just 3000 naira.. these are courses that go as high as 200$. There are other course you can find interest in too... contact me through my signature
i think you are foolish and insensitive....my opinion matters here!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by SexytorresE(f): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2020
Rebekah029:
Jesus!!!! nothing scare me like seeing this trucks on the road when traveling....I hate them like mad! no shaking shaaa, my protector is always with me.
and the protector isn’t with them? Oh! Failed God he knew this will happen and still alllowed it Rest on beautiful souls
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by SexytorresE(f): 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
This sky God can’t even stop this terrible thing from happening to this people after they prayed to him for nothing. Rest on beautiful souls cry cry
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by 8stargeneral: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
This is not what we bargained for this year God... protect ur people.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by GamalNasser: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
Youngsage:

Speeding in a sedan or SUV, what's the difference

Sedan has better centre of gravity and control and less inertia
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by MedicH: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
Overspeesding no be by my car too fast. It's a vip ticket to hell.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by GamalNasser: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
Stop using this useless tokunboh RX to travel that car is a death sentence
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by seanjy4konji: 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
That would be instant and it must have stared at them in the face..I am sure he over took only too meet this one at high speed..no option...

RIP...

Only grace...pass the same road this morning...
God keep us saf this new year..

Amen.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Larrykaysail(m): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Naijmobile:
If you know this car number please contact the family. The car collided with a truck and the passengers died instantly. The sad incident happened after ore heading to shegamu this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2693880597359630&id=100002131497176
is the driver drunk ? Over speed kills
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Wickedtruths: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Tapout:

120km/h on any vehicle isn't even fast enough IMO. i comfortably do that without blinking......but from all indications, that truck was stationary. dunno why FRSC turn a blind eye to stationary trucks on the road.

120 in a SUV is dangerous. An SUV at 120 has less stability than a power bike at 140. I use an SUV and I'm telling you.

In 2010, a Benz ML SUV sped past us on Ife Ibadan express with our driver flagging him to slow down. He entered a depression on the road ahead of us and flipped. Not potholes o, just road depression. The couple in it died instantly. All these happened under 2 mins.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by zikter(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nmezor:
Rest in peace to dem... How do u guys know they were ova speeding?
The degree of impact.

6 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Barbienice(f): 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
So sad rest in peace
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Baroba(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:
Welcome to Nigeria where natural death is a taboo.

Don't be surprise that one useless drunkard packed that truck there overnight while sleeping with a prostitute.

A parked car is not a threat or danger to a careful driver, that lexus must have been moving at well over 120km/hr.. Either he was drunk or lost control of the vehicle..

Nigerians are reckless and impatient, and we never learn..

4 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
I can only Blame Buhari for this undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cannibal Tribe That 'Killed & Ate Rockefeller' (Photos) / Living In Saskatchewan, Canada / The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.