Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day (45878 Views)

How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview / Paid Survey,, 1 Working Day Transfer Legit / How Many Hours Do You Spend Perday At Work And How Many Days Per Week (2) (3) (4)

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by AheadAhead123: 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Kendumazy:
Remove corruption and you will see Nigeria doing more than this.

It is more than corruption, bad leadership, nepotism etc.
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by swedbase(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
pansophist:

From the attached picture, you can see that it gets dark from about 2.30pm, until sunrise in the morning which is about 9am. So in a 24 hours, you have roughly about 5 hours natural fluorescent light.

But it is only during the winter. November to middle of March
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Dozie32(m): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jalinspy:
I love this country so much. I will keep on pushing my luck till i get in there cool smiley.

Amen!!

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Emmerlee(m): 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
eaddyboy:
Awesome cheesy

While some are wailing on top 7am - 6pm jobs here in Nigeria

My brother, more like 4am - 10pm jobs in this country. 9 - 10 hours of work + traffic (both going and coming) everyday.
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by vincentjk(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
swedbase:

Me too. It is very sad. If you have ever lived in any western world and see how their system function you will totally agree that Nigeria has not even started building a Country.

Choi, is there really hope here at all??
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by nograv: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jalinspy:
I love this country so much. I will keep on pushing my luck till i get in there cool smiley.

mumu, they hate African people there, I have lived in Scandinavia for 2 years.

I don't understand some Nigerians, why do you want to live like an uninvited guest in someone else's house?

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by nograv: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Youngsage:
When you see a country that knows where it is going, you will know.

When you see a country that has no idea where it so going, you will also know.

Finland is a country that has a masterplan, that knows where it is going! The value they place on its citizens attests to this.

Tell me how they won't be emotional when singing their National Anthem and reciting the National Pledge.

Unlike a country I don't want to mention.

Well if you voted for Buhari or your relations did, you have only yourself or your family to blame wink
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by DTC2(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Youngsage:
When you see a country that knows where it is going, you will know.

When you see a country that has no idea where it so going, you will also know.

Finland is a country that has a masterplan, that knows where it is going! The value they place on its citizens attests to this.

Tell me how they won't be emotional when singing their National Anthem and reciting the National Pledge.

Unlike a country I don't want to mention.

You'd better mention it

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Legendguru: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by wink2015(m): 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Explorers:
Finland's new Prime Minister has called for the introduction of a flexible working schedule in the country that would involve a four-day-week and six-hour working day.

Sanna Marin, 34, who is the second youngest head of government in the world said it would allow workers to spend more time with their families.

She said: 'I believe people deserve to spend more time with their families, loved ones, hobbies and other aspects of life, such as culture.

'This could be the next step for us in working life.'

Before Marin became Prime Minister she held a position as the Minister of Transport for Finland.

While in office in that position, Marin advocated for shorter work weeks to improve employee rapport and productivity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7854449/amp/Finlands-new-Prime-Minister-Sanna-Marin-34-plans-introduce-four-day-working-week.html?__twitter_impression=true

SUCH A YOUNG LADY assuming position of prime minister of Finland.

Buhari, Tinubu and others want to dominate our political space with their old age.

Macron of France is also a young man.

Old men like Buhari should go and rest and leave the political space for the young ones.
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Reussite: 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
drizzledav:
[Really? author=Reussite post=85554025]Finland is sure one country that's deserving of a visit. Same country that started the free tuition for persons in any part of the world who choose to study at their Universities. smiley

Really? Please how can I key into this
Just Google the available schools in Finland that give international students free tuition.
Though there are a lot of them that allow free Masters program & a few that supports free 1$t degree program.
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by bluefilm: 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
Reussite:
Finland is sure one country that's deserving of a visit. Same country that started the free tuition for persons in any part of the world who choose to study at their Universities. smiley

Remember, there's always a price tag!!!
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by NiklauseFred(m): 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Pedrotina11:

U r a big fool...impoverished camel.. 4 days of working with happiness and joy is more productive than 7 days of working with hard labour, stress, depression...that's y there is massive suicide , stagnation and underdevelopment...those useless civil servants that come to work by 10 and leave by 2 doing absolutely nothing than gossip and talk all day..useless country...ode giving advice..

Chai! Biko it's okay oo before you kill him with heart attack

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Jalinspy(f): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
nograv:

mumu, they hate African people there, I have lived in Scandinavia for 2 years.

I don't understand some Nigerians, why do you want to live like an uninvited guest in someone else's house?

i will never join issues with you. NEVER! Because i have home training & will never insult people based on their views or wishes. IF YOU LIKE,COME & STOP THE AEROPLANE THAT WILL AIR LIFT ME SOON. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by RaptorX: 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
Rubbish Scandinavian countries all of them are lead by women Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland. The men there have been castrated, can't live in such societies even for a million dollar.

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by smartkester(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
zeuss:

Look a sluggard!!

Corruption has blinded ur reason...... Work all u want in ur corrupt setting the only movement you will experience is reverse, stagnation is a kind bonus.

It take all the purposeful smart work to cover tangible ground. To stay relevant you must be ahead of competition... . your reasoning is soooo childish... to help u understand refer to the story of the tortoise
and the hare in race.

Lazy person like u
you're still a dummy bro because Finland is still one of the least corrupt countries in the world so how on earth could they be plunged into poverty like Nigeria. They have an almost perfect system that works so even working 4 days in a week will never plunge their economy into crisis like our depraved Nigeria. So, you see it's not a matter of working 10hours a day that makes you productive or hardworking.
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by glowingflame7: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
Aye mi. Make I go work for Finland na cheesy

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by themanderon: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
That is what differentiates the white Caucasians from the Blacks. They are always thinking of ways to make the lives of their citizens better unlike here where our own leaders only think about themselves and their cronies alone.
Need I also mention that they also have one of the best if not the best result oriented educational system in the entire world yet their school kids spend just a cumulative of just 20hrs a week in school unlike here where kids spend 8am-5pm in class yet we don't have much to show for the time spent.
These are the countries our dullard leaders should learn a thing or two from, but they are still preoccupied with ruga matters. A shame.
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by mechanics(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jalinspy:
Lolz, good for you.

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by mechanics(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
Wow, but bankers maybe exempted.
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by olujastro: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
RaptorX:
Rubbish Scandinavian countries all of them are lead by women Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland. The men there have been castrated, can't live in such societies even for a million dollar.
Lol. Women own this part of the world cheesy
They just amended the Children's Act in Norway to allow fathers to be able to decide whether their children should be enrolled in a religious community, apply for a passport, move abroad and receive health care.
Imagine grin grin grin
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
emperorblog21:
while dose foolish Aza sand miniso expect me to stand for 11hrs daily for one year ontop 20k salary.

mhen dis country is bleeped up
Oga u carried yur empty skul to submit cv. no body force u
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by RaptorX: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
olujastro:

Lol. Women own this part of the world cheesy
They just amended the Children's Act in Norway to allow fathers to be able to decide whether their child should be enrolled in a religious community, apply for a passport, move abroad and receive health care.
Imagine grin grin grin
So who was making those decisions before
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by pcicero(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
As workers across the globe haul themselves back to the office for their first full week after the extended Christmas break, Finland's newly-installed prime minister may soften the blow for her citizens with the prospect of a condensed working week.

Sanna Marin, 34, has previously proposed putting the entire country on a four-day workweek consisting of six-hour workdays in a bid to transition the country to what she called "the next step for us in working life."

"I believe people deserve to spend more time with their families, loved ones, hobbies and other aspects of life, such as culture. This could be the next step for us in working life," Marin said in August while she was still the minister of transport.

Specific details of Marin's proposal have not been announced and a spokesperson has iterated that it's not currently part of the government's agenda.

Sanna Marin, the Prime Minister of Finland at the European Council - Euro Summit - EU leaders meeting.
NurPhoto
But Finland has long been an advocate of flexible work schedules. In 1996, the government introduced a law that gave employees the right to shift their hours up to three hours earlier or later than their employers' typical requirements.

Marin, who took office and became the world's youngest prime minister in December, sits at the helm of Finland's Social Democratic Party and leads the country's five-party, all-woman center-left coalition government.

The Finnish leader is far from alone in her stance. In 2015, neighboring Sweden tested out the six-hour workweek in Gothenburg, finding it a boon to happiness levels but a burden on public coffers. France, meanwhile, reduced its standard working week to 35 hours from 39 hours in 2000.

The notion of a reduced workweek has support from the corporate world, too. In November 2019, Microsoft Japan revealed that a trial four-day workweek had boosted productivity by 40%. In 2018, a New Zealand firm dubbed its two-month trial of a four-day workweek a success in improving work-life balance.

Clarification: This story has been updated to reflect that the condensed working plan is not currently part of the government's agenda.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/01/07/flexible-work-finlands-pm-sanna-marin-wants-citizens-on-a-four-day-workweek.html
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by olujastro: 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
RaptorX:
So who was making those decisions before
The women of course
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by eaddyboy: 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
Emmerlee:

My brother, more like 4am - 10pm jobs in this country. 9 - 10 hours of work + traffic (both going and coming) everyday.
I weep for my people! suffering too much for this Country
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Goalnaldo(m): 6:25am On Jan 08, 2020
pansophist:

From the attached picture, you can see that it gets dark from about 2.30pm, until sunrise in the morning which is about 9am. So in a 24 hours, you have roughly about 5 hours natural fluorescent light.
Hmm really dark country shocked
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by nothingspoil70: 9:19am On Jan 08, 2020
Nigerian youths won't be shouting canada any.anymore now it will be finland they all want to go for easy money and life.

Lazy yooooots
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by oghenakhua(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2020
See them here...

Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by Utet5: 5:49pm On Feb 12, 2020
Finland and Norway is a good country where skilled workers earn high
Re: Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day by drizzledav: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
Reussite:

Just Google the available schools in Finland that give international students free tuition.
Though there are a lot of them that allow free Masters program & a few that supports free 1$t degree program.

I googled but didn't see any. I would like one that supports a first degree program. Could you please help

Rainoil Limited Graduate Training Program 2019 / Who Else Got This Message From N Power? / How To Write A Good CV