Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Naija Home Hustles 2020 - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Naija Home Hustles 2020 (1261 Views)

7 Best Side Hustles To Make $1000 Online In 2023 / 7 Hustles You Can Start With Zero Naira And Earn Cool Income / What Side Hustles Do You Use To Make Extra Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Hamzashaf99(f): 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
Long hours, tedious work, not enough money or time, expenses that increase, feeling unbalanced in both life and work!Many things can push you to look for a side hustle.

For me, this is the story of the last straw.
I felt like shit. Both literally and figuratively.
My mind felt like hot, stinking shit! Messed up!
And I had a ton of it on my body at the same time!

After waking by 4 am, rushing like a mad woman to get myself, my two year old son and two months old baby ready for the day, leave the house by 7:30, get a bike on a Monday morning (that’s another story), drop them off, and get to work on time, well, that was how my days went.

That day was different.
I had a lot of work to do, so I could not get back on time to pick them off. I was exhausted!

Fast-forward to the shit moment......
My baby was having diarrhea. I had changed the 3rd set of clothes for the both of us after coming home, and I was about to change his diaper.
Then, another round on my clothes, again.
I sat there for a long while, contemplating whether to scream, cry or just do nothing and be nothing!
Trying to be strong I stood up to get another diaper, and voila, another round on the floor. THAT, WAS WHEN I BROKE DOWN.

I was tired, my toddler was crying to be fed, the younger one was weak in my arms, I WAS IN A PILE OF SHIT! And I also had a tonne of housework to attend to.
All of that for a job that was hardly paying for my expenses and leaving me with no time of my own. Transport, feeding, day-care, family and friends expenses, all of it.
Well, the work will not get done on its own, so I had to pick myself up. There were people relying on me after all.

Before I went to bed that day, I decided, “This was it”. I will no longer settle for less. I loved what I did, but that path was just not for me.
When I was unemployed, I would have given an arm and a leg to get a job. Now it was taking away my time, energy and peace of mind.

That’s how my journey of Side hustles began. I didn’t quit my job, but I tried so many side hustles till I found the ones that stuck well first.
Many of us Nigerians are like that, I asked around in my workplace and it was the same. Making an extra $1000 a month, well just do the calculation. It can even allow you to quit your job.

Now, I want to share my journey with you. The ups and downs, the side hustles that worked and those that didn’t. The ones I focused on to bring me the relief I needed.

Let’s get the party started!
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Cvesta(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
Following
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Xavi2019: 4:44am On Jan 08, 2020
Parked...
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by nuelzy: 5:45am On Jan 08, 2020
Just what i need now
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by jpride(m): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
All this many many story go still end in one usual way....... "Pay to get this" or bla bla bla.

Nairaland na scam ..... No genuine hustle
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2020
Why will you need a side hustle?

A side hustle is something you do outside your normal 8-4 day job. Even though the reasons people have a side hustle varies, it usually is one of this:

====Having multiple sources of income is empowering====

It allows you to be self reliant, have more money for expenses and have more time and happiness to actually enjoy the money you’ve made. The extra cash can also go into your emergency savings to serve as a cushion in case of unexpected adversities, making you to feel more secure about the future.

====Settle off debts quickly====

Any extra money made through your side hustle can be put towards paying off debts. In fact having debts is one of the major reasons why people look for extra ways to make money. Having debts can serve as a blockage to achieving financial independence. With extra money coming in through your side hustle, you can pay off the loans faster, and have more rest of mind by being less harassed about payments.

=====You can use the extra money to build wealth faster=====

Any extra money that’s not going into expenses can serve as a form of savings or investment into your future. While this may seem logical, reasonable and easy to do, most people are not able to do so. The more they make, the more they need to spend.

At the time I was earning 10k as a monthly income, I thought getting more was the key to saving. That’s one of the main reasons I started looking for a side hustle.
Then when I had more, it’s like whenever I had any to spare, I needed one more thing. It took a lot of discipline, trial and error before I was able to master the art of delayed gratification.

=====A side hustle can eventually turn into a job you love=====
This will allow you to quit your day job, or just to have an outlet for your passion.
Another shocking benefit is that it allows you to be better and more productive in your day job. When you have more money than you need, your day job no longer feels like a task that must be done.
This allows you the chance to do the work, and enjoy it at the same time without worrying about the money.

=====Do you know that having a side hustle is good for your intellect?=====

Side hustles usually require creativity, problem-solving, and decision-making qualities. The more you think and learn, the more knowledge, wisdom and experience you bag under your belt, and the more you develop as a leader and as a person that can be respected.

=====Meet new people and join new communities=====

Having a successful side hustle can improve your overall personal worth, increase your respect among peers, and help you network with other well respected people.

What is your reason for starting a side hustle? Let me know in the comments below!

Want more spectacular info and tips? Join the Facebook community here https:///naijahomehustles/
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Hamzashaf99(f): 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
What if?

If the "what ifs" are your roadblocks to starting your hustle, you need to let it go!

Fear is good or bad depending on how you use it. It stops you from making painful decisions and mistakes, but it will also stop you from getting started and moving forward.

Four years ago, I started a side hustle, but the timing was not right, I did not have any experience, time was not enough, money was tight, I made all forms of excuses.

When I realized it was just my fears holding me back, 2 years were gone!

I had to fight it, I failed a lot, and I still have my doubts and fears, even more than before.

But that 1 step ahead that I took and the ones that followed, thats what is placing me in front of you today!

If I can, I 100% believe you can. Start setting yourself free.

What's the greatest fear you need to let go of? How do you overcome your fears? I would love to know, so drop a comment below!
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Hamzashaf99(f): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
7 steps to finding the perfect side hustle as a Nigerian.

1) Find your Motivation
2) Choose the perfect Destination
3) Build the Foundation
4) Get the Education
5) 3...2...1...GO!
6) Debrief and reflect
7) Lather, Rinse and repeat.
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
Check if there is any BETBONANAZA Shops in your area. If there is none. This is your opportunity to become BETBONANZA PARTNER. Earn up to 30%. Its trustworthy and transparent.
Visit www.betbonanza.com for more details or Call. 08169786019. Bet bonanza. Be Better.

Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
otobosolomon2:
Check if there is any BETBONANAZA Shops in your area. If there is none. This is your opportunity to become BETBONANZA PARTNER. Earn up to 30%. Its trustworthy and transparent.
Visit www.betbonanza.com for more details or Call. 08169786019. Bet bonanza. Be Better.

I want to lose my money quickly! Check this link grin
Re: Naija Home Hustles 2020 by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
The easiest yet deadliest mistakes in online business: Green snakes under the green grass.

It is very easy to get stuck when you start doing business, especially online. Everyone can relate to such challenges. The founders of create and go, the go-to place for anyone wanting to start a blog faced it. Now they make over $25789 each month. Everyone has a story to tell about their struggles, but a few things are common, and will never change.
These mistakes have stopped others, might be stopping you and will continue to stop people from succeeding. It is usually just one or two, but on close examination, they have the most tremendous effect on the failure or success of your business.

Good news, you can now identify them and prevent others from making them.

1. You’re not putting in the work or you are putting in the wrong work.

2. You need to give it time to work. There’s no other alternative. Most online businesses do not start producing results until 6 months later.

3. To sell product or service you need to get people who need it, prove to them they need it and convince them to part with their money.
If you are running it part-time, that’s more time to put into it.

4. There’s no passion deep down there. Passion leads to dedication and and focus which are necessary to grow. If youve never honestly felt so excited to work on your business to the point you sleep late at night or wake up early, you need to do a rain check.

5. You do not have the necessary skills. Just as a plumber needs to learn how to fix pipes and a surgeon people, you need to learn the RIGHT skills for your trade. Blogging without knowledge of SEO is akin to serving food in a dark hall. No one will see it unless they stumble upon it by mistake.

For each type of business, learn what is necessary.

6. You will need to spend money, whether you have it or not, like it or not. Everyone that has been successful doing business online will tell you they had to pay for one thing or another. It can be a tool, or knowledge, or outsourcing a part of business they could not do themselves or had no time to do.

7. Mentors. The faster you can get one, the more mistakes you can avoid. The faster you will see growth in your business. They serve as guides, friend and pillars of support when you want to just quit.

8. Put God first. Not second or last. When you are receiving help from One is above all, you are guaranteed success.

9. People don’t need what you are giving them. If it doesn’t solve a problem they have, especially on a level that really affects their lives, you are gonna have a hard time getting them to even listen to you. Or you are placing your service or product in front of the wrong people.

10. You are not standing out. If you’ve been online for a while, you understand how harder it is to stand out, get your customers attention and actually keep it. There’s just too much noise out there. Unless you can be heard above it all and can prove you are a good kind of different, you will see no money.

So many mistakes that can be avoided from scratch and as you go on.
Which mistake have you made, and how did you solve it?

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Join Forsage Until You See This. / Financial Needs / A semi fenced waterfront Land @aradagun Badagry for sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.