Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq (29526 Views)

We Are Not Withdrawing Obi Or Any Of Our Candidates Cases - Apapa Faction (video / Ignore Peter Obi, Tinubu Not Withdrawing From Race On Health Grounds – Keyamo / Obasanjo, Zainab Ahmed Writes AfDB, Says U.S Has Ridiculed The Governance System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Lorenzop: 7:15am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:
Iraq has lost its sovereignty. Those who support the U.S. in this brutal show of force should know they have no inclination with Israel, it was Lybia, Syria, Afghan and presently Iran, it could be Nigeria tommorow.

America never does anything for the love of God except looking to reap massively from it.

Nigerians are too religious and uninformed to see it's not about Muslim and Christian. Even the Israel you so support has more Muslim population than Christians.

When Iran stops funding terrorism and militia groups by proxy, just may be we can have some sympathy for them..... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 07, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Lol who be this one again this early morning. So why did they invaded Iraq then?

They invaded Iraq because isil started trooping in from Syria to iraqs western province. That was their excuse.
U.S presence in Iraq is due to Iran influence in the country and Isis
Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by shugabasbn: 7:15am On Jan 07, 2020
Can America leave the country that has oil? They went their with lies, the killed without mercy, that destroyed the country with their propaganda, they sponsored the local militants, they caused confusion for the once prosperous nation and dumbly they are threatening them with sanction when asked to leave the sovereign country.

And one daft telling me America is not a terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Mouthpis(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2020
Macelliot:
If Saudi Arabia government are given 2 Nuclear Weapons to destroy any country on this earth, the First Bomb will be sent toward IRAN...

Do you know where the second bomb will be sent It's NOT Israel.......

It will be sent to IRAN again to finish the remaining survivors.....

Na so Saudi hate Iran reach

I do not understand why this much hatred between these two countries of same religion.

But you funny sha!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Afolabimills(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2020
lee007:
And they will suffer huge casualties soon, I used to be sympathetic to the US, not anymore. They are more bullish than the people they claim to be fighting
better than have an Islamic state or country to rule
Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by orisa37: 7:17am On Jan 07, 2020
TRUMP IS A SHREWD BUSINESS PRESIDENT FOR GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT. VERY ASTUTE AND LIVELY. WHEN WILL NIGERIA GIVE DANGOTE A CHANCE SUCH AS TRUMP'S?

1 Like

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Pedrotina11: 7:18am On Jan 07, 2020
Trump the president of the world...this man is feeling like every country is under him...anyway wetin bubu still dey do for asorock self??

1 Like

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 07, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

So how will discussing Iran and america help?

Keeps you ahead of the ignorant average man on the streets, not that they are ignorant of their own doing. The world is closing in from the outside and affecting you or your family more than you can imagine. Let's stop this foolish blindness

2 Likes

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Rosskii: 7:19am On Jan 07, 2020
PROPHETmichael:

What is Boko Haram? A terrorist group.
What is Iran? No1 sponsor of terrorist around the world.
What is Nigeria facing today in the North? Terrorist.
What is USA doing? Helping to stop terrorist from the root (Iran) which in turn will cut off financial and military supplies to groups like Boko haram.

I hope you can now see how they are contributing to our welfare and more importantly, killed the foreign affairs illiteracy in you.

Boko Haram has no links to Iran. Boko Haram is linked with ISIS. Iran has been fighting and defeating ISIS and Al Qaeda, and is opposed to their local reps like Boko Haram and Al Shabab.

ISIS and AL Qaeda are Saudi-funded groups, and the Saudis are US allies.

So ISIS and AL Qaeda are proxy terrorist groups sponsored by the west and its gulf allies.

Hezbollah and Hamas are Shia militant/terrorist groups backed by Iran.

So each side has its own ''terrorists''.

This is what many of you Nigerians cannot seem to understand. That the issue is more complex than your simplistic summations.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You are not seeing the fact that Iraq is fast becoming a war zone for the U.S. and Iran. A major general of Iran was killed on Iraqi's soil because of Intel. they had on him in Iraq. If there is a possible retaliation as threatened, it might likely be targeted at U.S. bases in Iraq. It even happened a few hours after the death of Quassem. 5 people were said to be injured. Think about it, what is Iraq fast become?

I'm not sure Iraq asking the U.S. to leave was an easy decision for them in the first place owing the ISIS battle the U.S. had just won but weighing their options and seeing the loss of their own military officer caught in the cross fire of the death of Quassem Seleimani, they began to have a rethink.

You can't kill a monster and breed another for the host state.
Iran just paid a price because of their ambition
Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2020
DeeMain:

Get your facts right. Obama didn't invade Libya. NATO did. The invasion by NATO forces were laid by France and UK. Obama and the US came in to join the allied forces reluctantly much later.

That's why I don't talk to kids. Now you want a new argument while ignoring the substance of what I stated. Boko Haram gave fuel to ipob, and if you are ignorant of things they are likely going to affect people's lives this year. Obama or NATO whatever you want to call it, empowered Boko Haram militantly from Mali, Niger, Chad and then Borno. It's something kids like you won't grasp.

1 Like

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Ladycewhy(f): 7:22am On Jan 07, 2020
BenzEne1:

I am sorry, but all you know about terrorism is what the Western media has fed you. You see every Muslim as vile and violent.
The US commits terror acts as much as these fanatical Islamic groups. But you see one as white and the other black.
Na God go help una sha. InshaAllah
yeah ,the US also told me about Iswap beheading Nigerians as revenge for the death of a man in iraq,or the US also told me about bokoharam ,or maybe it was the US that told me about the attack on non-Muslims in kano some years ago over a cartoon made in Denmark ,huh?i don't need the US to tell me anything,here in Nigeria you Muslims are a typical example what Islam depicts.

The north is as volatile as they come,living in the north as a non-Muslim is like living in a war zone ,you never know when the next bomb will drop.Christians in the north and their communities are currently being decimated ,they claim its herdsmen but we know it has religious undertone.

I will still say it again,with no apologies ,if any Muslim country was a world power like America. They would have forced the entire world to become Muslims and level countries who resist to the ground with atomic bombs and bio warfare.

Insha allah you say? I was expecting allakuarba or whatever you people shout before daggering people or blowing them up undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Thetruthshallse(m): 7:23am On Jan 07, 2020
At least anyone with a working brain can now see Americans for who they are, the great DEVIL. You invaded a country, the country tell you to leave, you said you will sanction them economically. Who invited you in the first place. That's how they kill Gaddafi for nothing. No empire last for ever. The Americans will meet their Waterloo someday. DEVIL WORSHIPERS.

1 Like

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Ewedegubbler: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2020
tiger28:
WHY Negro Africans BLINDLY love this demented racist beats me.i never voted for him and will NEVER. Meanwhile the African fools that have never stepped out of their villages will die for the profanity- fueled CHRISTIAN man. Mind you, I am an army reservist here in US for almost a decade so I know my oranges on this issue.

What are you doing in the racist enclave then. Shouldn't you be in Africa where you won't be seeing these men daily? I guess u are a typical liberal who loves to tell us what to do but practices something else..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Mrsserene: 7:25am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:
Iraq has lost its sovereignty. Those who support the U.S. in this brutal show of force should know they have no inclination with Israel, it was Lybia, Syria, Afghan and presently Iran, it could be Nigeria tommorow.

America never does anything for the love of God except looking to reap massively from it.

Nigerians are too religious and uninformed to see it's not about Muslim and Christian. Even the Israel you so support has more Muslim population than Christians.
My dear, let me give you one instance. Zamfara state used to be the most peaceful state before the discovery of Gold. God help us .

1 Like

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Ewedegubbler: 7:27am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

When the whites discriminate against the black, sometimes, it's justified. These people can colonise us again and nothing would happen, lest for abolition of slave trade and other U.N. policies.

Ignorance and religion has killed my people bro. They can't think objectively for a moment. They don't read, they don't have knowledge. They are completely blind and wouldn't mind being caught in a crossfire, all in solidarity for Israel and the U.S. Bro, even in their ignorance, my people are still wicked.

I like Trump but this last one is the straw that broke the camel's back. He is just endangering the world recklessly. His recklessness is tilting the balance of the world.

You like Trump but he is endangering the world, Hey you lying SOB, Is the life of the 600+ Americans that were lost courtesy of this terror general less important than his? So the Iranians can do whatever they want, kill whoever they want without endangering world peace but Americans can't retaliate?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Ogaga87(m): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You are not seeing the fact that Iraq is fast becoming a war zone for the U.S. and Iran. A major general of Iran was killed on Iraqi's soil because of Intel. they had on him in Iraq. If there is a possible retaliation as threatened, it might likely be targeted at U.S. bases in Iraq. It even happened a few hours after the death of Quassem. 5 people were said to be injured. Think about it, what is Iraq fast become?

I'm not sure Iraq asking the U.S. to leave was an easy decision for them in the first place owing the ISIS battle the U.S. had just won but weighing their options and seeing the loss of their own military officer caught in the cross fire of the death of Quassem Seleimani, they began to have a rethink.

You can't kill a monster and breed another for the host state.

You are not mentioning the US diplomat that was killed by those terrorists being headed by the assassinated commander.. Trump vow to avenge the death of that diplomat with a big price for Iran.. Iran keeps poking hands inside the eyes of US and keep thinking the fear of war will deter the US from responding but Trump just proved enough is enough.. Even when things were looking rough between US and Russia, Russia said they won't like to feel a war with US.. Iran is too small to humble the US..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by fogho198: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2020
Empiree:
thanks. Nigerian Christians are very fuulish
...u and ur Mohaemedd are idi@t

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2020
PROPHETmichael:

What is Boko Haram? A terrorist group.
What is Iran? No1 sponsor of terrorist around the world.
What is Nigeria facing today in the North? Terrorist.
What is USA doing? Helping to stop terrorist from the root (Iran) which in turn will cut off financial and military supplies to groups like Boko haram.

I hope you can now see how they are contributing to our welfare and more importantly, killed the foreign affairs illiteracy in you.

Lies
If the USA wanted to stop Boko Haram they wouldn't have invaded Libya in the first place. Gadaffis sons got enough of the weapons and cash they had to distribute to Alqaeda in Libya.
So as customary the alq-im had to find body soldiers and Boko Haram was ripe coming from their discontent with Yusuf's killing by the npf.
It was the perfect hideout for gadaffis sons, but now we are how that has morphed into a national disgrace. Let's stop this shameful talk, the u.s like other countries are just responsible for all the nonsense happening in the world.
When trump withdrew troops from Syria, Isis fighters broke out of jail, it is public record. There was no record of trump rounding them up. So where are some of the Isis fighters on the loose?
Let me ask you, how old where you when the Iraqi invasion started? Iraq was already weak politically. But now it is not the same with Iran. The death of this man has emboldened them and Iraq already gave US the boot. So who is now the oppressor and the aggressor? Who is the one actually dousing the fire here? Stop speaking from a point of ignorance and actually see behind the media manipulation of your brain.

3 Likes

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by hustlelegit(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2020
KingAzubuike:

They left in 2011 after the Congress signed a bill because 60% of Americans felt the war was a mistake and needless , they all voted for a withdrawal. they invaded their land again in 2013 with the excuse that they were looking for isis. Now they are telling you to pack your bags and go. The best they could say is they would pay for all their bases and money spent if they leave. That's funny.

Lol, when isis was gaining more territory in Iraq and killing the iraqi military forces, the US provided air support and intelligence to the Iraqi military and acted as an advisor to them providing them with Intel and supplying their military with sophisticated weapons, so why didnt Iraq rejected USA help?, after Isis gain more territory in Iraq it was devastating cos of the amount of casualties recorded in the short amount of time while Isis territory, hostages kept increasing which lead to many displayed citizens which received aids and support from the USA, so why didn't Iraq rejected their help.

In August 2014 Obama sent troops to Iraq to help in the fight of isis which other countries such as Canada, France led-coalition on Iraq to fight Isis. The US trained over 170,000 Iraqi soldiers, teaching them how to fight and kill Isis, providing them with weapons to kill Isis and take back their territory ,so why didn't Iraq asked the USA to leave then? The war against Isis lasted for 3years 2014-2017 in which over 150,000 Isis members was killed and the the USA and it's allies lost close to 80 fighters in the fight but victory was achieved in 2017 when Isis fighter was defeated and pushed out of Iraq, now the Iraqi parliament wants to order the removal of foreign troops in their country, and do you think some of them don't know about the misdeeds of soleiman? Even some of the citizens was jubiliating after the assassination of soleiman. Iraqi parliament should had asked the US Army to leave there country in 2014 when they provided Intel, weapons, intelligence, support, aids, training to their military and country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by wonuks(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2020
eedimo:
We have Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen all around yet we keep discussing US and Iran. How are the both nations contributing to our welfare.

We must do away with this slave mentality.

Come on, it's not about slave mentality. Personally I like following up on interesting world events and I like discussing them.

1 Like

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by DeeMain(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2020
beckNcall:

That's why I don't talk to kids. Now you want a new argument while ignoring the substance of what I stated. Boko Haram gave fuel to ipob, and if you are ignorant of things they are likely going to affect people's lives this year. Obama or NATO whatever you want to call it, empowered Boko Haram militantly from Mali, Niger, Chad and then Borno. It's something kids like you won't grasp.

Read my polite correction again and read this tantrum and shame you just spewed and tell me who the obvious entitled spoilt kid is.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2020
Ewedegubbler:

You like Trump but he is endangering the world, Hey you lying SOB, Is the life of the 600+ Americans that were lost courtesy of this terror general less important than his? So the Iranians can do whatever they want, kill whoever they want without endangering world peace but Americans can't retaliate?

I have been a big supporter of Trump since I can remember. I have read his books of which my favourite being "Think Big." I download a lot of his campaigns, speech, debates of which my favourites are his third debate again Hilary Clinton when he was enmeshed in a locker-room talk scandal and his State of the Union Address in congress last year. I also love his first U.N. address that held no bound or restriction. I model after him and his books guide my thinking. His book, Think Big, is my second best after Robert Greene's 48 laws of power.

From reading his books, I understand Trump perfectly and know what he can do and what he wouldn't. That doesn't mean I can't criticise him. I'm exposed to international journal and have history at my fingertip.

I don't follow blindly because I like you. I'll criticise you if I have to. The only reason many of you keep dragging us backward in Nigeria is because you don't bother thinking with your heads anymore immediately you've love a leader. That's why Buhari still has cult-like followers and the ineffectual buffoon of a former President hasn't been stoned.

Can you now tell me how Quassem Seleimani killed 600+ Americans? I'm actually curious to test your knowledge.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by Mouthpis(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2020
Ladycewhy:
yeah ,the US also told me about Iswap beheading Nigerians as revenge for the death of a man in iraq,or the US also told me about bokoharam ,or maybe it was the US that told me about the attack on non-Muslims in kano some years ago over a cartoon made in Denmark ,huh?i don't need the US to tell me anything,here in Nigeria you Muslims are a typical example what Islam depicts.

The north is as volatile as they come,living in the north as a non-Muslim is like living in a war zone ,you never know when the next bomb will drop.Christians in the north and their communities are currently being decimated ,they claim its herdsmen but we know it has religious undertone.

I will still say it again,with no apologies ,if any Muslim country was a world power like America. They would have forced the entire world to become Muslims and level countries who resist to the ground with atomic bombs and bio warfare.

Insha allah you say? I was expecting allakuarba or whatever you people shout before daggering people or blowing them up undecided

Oh!

Ladycewhy, I love you.

I wish I could buy you some roasted fish from Abacha barracks in Abuja.

God bless you once again for dropping it the way you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by donprinyo(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2020
eedimo:
We have Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen all around yet we keep discussing US and Iran. How are the both nations contributing to our welfare.

We must do away with this slave mentality.
Boko boys and herdmen belong to Bubu. So nothing to fight about here.
Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by paparazi1(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2020
ralmix:
I thank God the White House is parliament is trying to look into Trump’s decision on this Iraq �� case... if they leave him to continue surely the US would win the war but trust me there would be casualties I mean much casualties in America and this I pray it should happen
You pray it should happen,
see your head yeye, IstandwithAmerica
Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by donprinyo(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2020
Techdra:
Wtf so you're forcing yourselves on them now? America has lost it under Trump oh! Overhyped sh*t...
Just pay for their air base de will be out
Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by donprinyo(m): 7:54am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Abeg, let dem come to Nigeria, we have already lost our sovereignty to fulani caliphate.
Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by DexterousOne(m): 7:54am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Exactly

Many Nigerians are looking at it from a religious lens
And they all sound silly

2 Likes

Re: Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq by DexterousOne(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I have been a big supporter of Trump since I can remember. I have read his books of which my favourite being "Think Big." I download a lot of his campaigns, speech, debates of which my favourites are his third debate again Hilary Clinton when he was enmeshed in a locker-room talk scandal and his State of the Union Address in congress last year. I also love his first U.N. address that held no bound or restriction. I model after him and his books guide my thinking. His book, Think Big, is my second best after Robert Greene's 48 laws of power.

From reading his books, I understand Trump perfectly and know what he can do and what he wouldn't. That doesn't mean I can't criticise him. I'm exposed to international journal and have history in my head.

I don't follow blindly because I like you. I'll criticise you if I have to. The only reason many of you keep dragging us backward in Nigeria is because you don't bother thinking with your heads anymore immediately you've love a leader. That's why Buhari still has cult-like followers and the ineffectual buffoon of a former President hasn't been stoned.

Can you now tell me how Quassem Seleimani killed 600+ Americans? I'm actually curious to test your knowledge.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike: Oshiomhole And His Boy Ize-Iyamu Are Ingrates / Army Promotes Warrant Officer, Garba Abdullahi To Captain (Photo) / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Buhari: Our No 1 Travel Blogger/Vlogger Is Back In Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.