Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Monarch Fights For Federal Institution Slot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monarch Fights For Federal Institution Slot (308 Views)

FG Releases N162.5bn SUKUK Funds For Federal Road Projects / No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors / Oke-ogun Deserves Federal Institution, Says Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monarch Fights For Federal Institution Slot by EsomahJD: 6:45am On Jan 07, 2020
The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has said citing the proposed Federal College of Education for Osun State to another town other than Iwo will be tantamount to betrayal of support.

Oba Akanbi said he would join critics of the government if Iwo is denied the slot.

The monarch said he was one the traditional rulers who publicly identified with President Muhammadu Buhari during ‘his trying period’. He recalled how he held special prayers for the president’s health to improve.

Oba Akanbi added that he supported the government’s anti-corruption policy based on his conviction that the president was on a rescue mission. He insisted that it is fair for him to criticise the government when it fails to recognise and appreciate his concern for it.

He said: “I am saying it with authority that I control the direction to which my peoples’ votes go during elections because my people love me with passion. They know I also love them with passion. So they listen to me when elections come. They demonstrated this during the 2019 elections when we delivered bloc votes for the ruling government. In other words, I can tell them to change their vote pattern, and they won’t look back. The President should know that one good turn deserves another.”

“History is there to read that Iwo is home for the progressives. During the 1983 elections, my people stuck out their neck for the late Chief Bola Ige and some died during the clash which followed. I call on Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; Chief Bisi Akande; Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola and Governor Gboyega Oyetola to ensure justice is done on this matter and give my town the institution.

https://thenationonlineng.net/monarch-fights-for-federal-institution-slot/
Re: Monarch Fights For Federal Institution Slot by Lanretoye(m): 7:14am On Jan 07, 2020
Doing anything possible to bring development to his people,i perceive a good leader.
Re: Monarch Fights For Federal Institution Slot by itsme01: 7:31am On Jan 07, 2020
cool

really he is an Emir, most emirs fight had for their indegenes qouta to be met in all federal establishment even if they are the list qaulified, qouta still stand

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews!! Ebonyi State Becomes The First State To Pay Minimum Wage / We'll Better The Lives Of Our Armed Forces, Families Of Fallen Heroes - Osinbajo / What's The Difference Between Amotekun And Local Vigilantes Scatter Accross...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.