Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me (28718 Views)

Jamb Says No Admission For 2020 UTME Candidates / No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C / Lasu Change Of Course Form For Lagos Indigenes With The Status “no Admission Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Arthur02(m): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Shibaraba:
Depression can also lead to your gaining admission

In a hospital
Or a mental home

Or the cemetery.

Must you read book?

Everything I gained in life no be certificate I use o. Ja ara e

you too much!
That's what some people don't know, one of my brother left secondary school since 2011 and just gain admission 2017.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by ibechris(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Go to open university and read a course and come out...school na school.
My younger brother did a part time in a polytechnic in Lagos state and today he is a boy with a government office in Abuja. No NYSC but a discharge certificate yet he has crossed over this Nigerian way of thinking.

School na school. Remember u have to be flexible in the kind of courses u chose. If one hard to get look for another one. After all Doctors and nurses too are all searching for Jobs.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by hardeshynor: 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Oga go and learn something joor!, sad do you know how many graduates without jobs are there roaming the street of Nigeria? Dude, learn something then you can study later. This country is messed up! I repeat it's messed up! �
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by mgdimagaladima(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Try another thing, school na scam
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by jeruba: 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
If you're interested in studying at Kaduna state university, inbox me.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Epistasis(m): 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
DonBenny77:
Your own better na how about 5yrs after service no job grin
You better find money and learn a skill oh!

Your are right bro, it's been five years after service nothing to show for it. I had to go for a second missionary journey which I completed late last year. Back to basis....
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by LyfeJennings(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
ArcFresky:
Dude, better calm down....
Plenty people go school no work...

You may just be going about this the wrong way.

I suggest you try this tips
1. Choose a school in your catchment area...i.e your State....

2. In Jamb, select your strong subjects if you can....you can find out from your schools admission guide.

3. Relax when writing exams... You need to be calm, so practice

4. Visit your department in your school... Check your hod, hod secretary, the president of the department... E.t.c. Open your self to them... You never can tell...

5. After your exam, try to follow up the admission process....sometimes these lecturers have slots...

6. Pray for God's help, Paul plants, Apollo waters, but its God that brings d blessing.

Eni ti ori e pe
Instead make Him thank God
He is coming on NL to lament
If U know how many of Ur mates wey no even get that Grace to go school
I for slap am self
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

In other not to bore u all with long talks I will be brief.

I left secondary sch in 2016 and ever since I've been trying my luck to get in pharmacy school.

I've written jamb four times, over the years I've applied

Delsu, Abu, Delsu, and Udus

I don't consider myself as a brilliant student but I am above average.

Although I am currently studying S.L.T but i am not and never satisfied with the course.. infact I don't even pay attention in class and I hardly attend class all I think of is pharmacy

it's affecting my life.. now I don't even Know how to proceed with my life.

Mods pls I need your help

National Open University of Nigeria is there for you
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by chas22: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
U better switch to private University, contact me for prompt admission

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by bigjj: 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
You are still carrying around a native mindset that success is only through university; be wise.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

I left secondary sch in 2016 and ever since I've been trying my luck to get in pharmacy school.

Although I am currently studying S.L.T but i am not and never satisfied with the course.. infact I don't even pay attention in class and I hardly attend class all I think of is pharmacy

I advise that you try so hard to pull through.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Prudent200: 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
spiceadole:

You don't know what depression is.

I finished secondary school in 2004 and wrote JAMB 5 times until I got admission to study Medicine.
By that time,my age mates were in final year or preparing for NYSC.
They moved on and stopped associating with me.
Today,I'm a medical doctor.
I live and work in the UK.

So ....Give it another try.
This time...Be more strategic.
Cheers
Ever since you became a Doctor what about your class mate who finished Ahead of you,are they drawing themself close to you?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by HEADYWORLD: 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
Let me share my scenario with you.... I always wanted to study Computer science at OAU .... but all my effort to gain the admission was in vain. I resulted in taking up part time form to study mechanical engineering... today the rest is history, I am doing well more than my colleagues that went to university self.

At times God's plan is different from our plan
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by swizzy2k: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
Just make a research and apply one of the universities in the North that offered the course of your choice. You are likely to be admitted.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Duru009(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
Go to National Open University..........

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Habeyy(m): 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
ArcFresky:
Dude, better calm down....

I suggest you try this tips
1. Choose a school in your catchment area...i.e your State....

2. In Jamb, select your strong subjects if you can....you can find out from your schools admission guide.

3. Relax when writing exams... You need to be calm, so practice

4. Visit your department in your school... Check your hod, hod secretary, the president of the department... E.t.c. Open your self to them... You never can tell...

5. After your exam, try to follow up the admission process....sometimes these lecturers have slots...

6. Pray for God's help, Paul plants, Apollo waters, but its God that brings d blessing.
I thank you on his behalf
Kudos bro
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Legendguru: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
We stayed longer than that dear

Now even with bsc and msc we became millionaires without even using the certificates to work for no one. Stay focus. It shall pass life is a lesson

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Sorry.
Why don't you start with another related course and then apply for direct entry instead of wasting your time waiting for the perfect course.

You might be surprised that pharmacy isn't the course for you.

Our best graduating student in my department that year wanted to study another course but got my course. She fell in love with it with time.

So why wait?
Which course is that sir?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by AlphaStorm: 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
If u are ready to gain admission for pharmacy next year, DM ME. No b money matters oooo.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Agugbadin: 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

You make matters worse by not paying attention in your current course science lab tech, it would have helped open up your IQ and you will pass the Jamb with a better grades

2 Likes

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by OneKinGuy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
OP, I will advice you to choose your Home state university as first AND second choice in jamb this year.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Karimalism05:

can you answer the following questions?
1. which state are you from?
2. what have you been scoring in your jambs and the post utmes?
your ability to answer these questions will help me in advising you
1)Delta

2) 2016... score 206 no post utme

2017 scored 225 post utme 264

'18 scored 264 but post utme screwed my jamb score

2019 my score declined drastically due to lack of concentration 232.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
Oluwatise2016:

Have you considered any of these private schools?
I would have told you to write the SAT and apply to Uni of Buffalo in NY you may get a scholarship but i think the education gap may be an issue.
pls tell me more about the scholarship
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Austin7768: 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
My brother instead of getting depressed, go to a pharmacy store and acquire the knowledge of drugs which will fetch you money later in life..with that you can still study pharmacy whenever admission is given to u..this simple system is working better than those that spent many years in school without employment

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
OvaSabi1:

I am a graduate and already working. I wrote JAMB once and gained admission with it. I was a lazy student because of this and graduated just above average. I am saying this because people who suffer before they get something are usually very good students. You should take advantage of this learning curve!

Recently I was chatting with my younger brother's classmate who wrote jamb 4 times too until she recently gained admission to study Pharmacy at UDUSOK. She too studied SLT like you. She said she read like a mad person to get her 275 score.
You have to be strategic with the university you're picking too and overhaul your studying habits. You cannot want to study pharmacy and still be saying that "I don't consider myself a brilliant student". You need to put in the work by hours and hours of study time. You need to focus on your weak areas until you are very strong in it. You need the patience to spend up to 10 hours on a topic before you can understand it very well. You need to buy textbooks. Not just anyhow textbooks but the right ones. Then invest in past questions. Don't just cram the answers, understand how to get the answers. I know someone who wrote jamb 5 times and finally gained admission with 295 to study medicine. He is currently in the army earning 300k per month.
What you have to do is sit down, draw up a time table dedicate at least 8 hours per day between now and March. Sit for the mock, buy preparation apps, read and understand the textbooks. I believe that you can do this. I don't know you but I just feel like something good is about to happen to you very soon.
thank you very much
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Aladesanmi5: 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dear brother, i was once in your shoe. Please dont loose your hope. I spent about 9 good years at home without gaining adm but thank God today for given me the grace to endure all the pains. Pls it wont last.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=ArcFresky post=85573322]Dude, better calm down....

pls what do u mean in number 2?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Numerouno94:
Must u study pharmacy? Guy calm down. Continue wit ur SLT cos u dnt knw where ur destiny is waiting 4 ya.
Wen i finished sec skul i wanted to study law, buh i found myself studyin English nd literary studies. I embraced it. Nd 2day am waiting to bag my PhD dis yr.
Congrats. As a prospective English student, what's your counsel to thrive in the course? Thanks!
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Eeroh95(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
we wey get dey try japa coz of expenses
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Greenbirth: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
BROS TRY JUPEB. You can research about it. 100 % sure admission into year 2 if you can pass
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Imohe34: 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
Lucid1:

Only my girl children will go beyond secondary school by my hands, the boys will decide whether to further their studies or not after learner hands on skills in depth.

University education in this part of the world is overrated.

Honestly university education is really over rated to the extent that people see it as the only meanse of excaping porvety.
With the outdated education self

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NECO Reschedules Exams Over #EndSARS Protests / Covenant University’s Former Vice-chancellor Suspended For Examination Fraud / Video Of DSS Operatives Beating Teachers In Calabar Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.