Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Mike Mccarthy Braveness Might Make Him A Good Fit For Cowboys - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mike Mccarthy Braveness Might Make Him A Good Fit For Cowboys (160 Views)

Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach / Man U Drops To 6th As Dallas Cowboys Remains Most Valuable Team / James McCarthy Suffers Double Leg Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mike Mccarthy Braveness Might Make Him A Good Fit For Cowboys by DailyGist101: 11:22am On Jan 07, 2020
Mike McCarthy braveness might make him a good fit for Cowboys

Mike McCarthy made a bold decision on the eve of Super Bowl XLV.

The coach took his Green Bay players ring shopping.

latest news

It’s an enduring memory for former Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk, one that hasn’t faded over the past nine years.

“It’s something that I use now when I give speeches to groups and corporations,” said Hawk, who retired three years ago Tuesday.

“The night before the Super Bowl, after he had gotten done speaking to us, we opened the doors, go out there, and there’s 20 people from Jostens there. We all got fitted for Super Bowl rings right there.”

Mike McCarthy, who Monday was named the new coach of the Dallas Cowboys, clearly believes in the power of visualization.

It’s unclear if Mike McCarthy was alone in that presumptuous exercise. The Seattle Seahawks didn’t do that before their Super Bowls. And New England?

“No,” former Patriots tight end Christian Fauria wrote in a text. “Hell no, to be exact.”

Maybe that audacity is something that sets Mike McCarthy apart as he heads to Dallas, where his Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in that only Super Bowl played in North Texas.

Cultivating a belief within the team and beyond that, the Cowboys fan base will be paramount for a franchise that has fallen so short so often.

Jason Garrett was certainly capable of that, but after 20 years in the organization either as a player, assistant coach, or head coach his stay had run its course.

Garrett was a onetime backup to Troy Aikman, and that Hall of Fame quarterback was sharply critical of the way the Cowboys handled the split, waiting a full week before announcing Garrett had been fired.

“Breakups are always hard we all understand that at whatever level they occur, but I don’t know that after all that he gave and committed to this organization that he received the same in return,” Aikman, a Fox color analyst, told FOX 4 in Dallas.

“When the organization was unwilling, for whatever reasons, and I don’t know the back stories to it all, but when the organization was unwilling to come out publicly and say, ‘We are seeking a new coach,’ and yet at the same time reports are coming out that they’re interviewing potential candidates for the head coaching position that’s disappointing.

“I think in a lot of ways it shines a light on some of the dysfunction, if you will, within the organization and kind of how they got to the point that they’re in now.”

Without question it’s a challenging situation for McCarthy, going from a franchise with no owner, per se, to a club led by Jerry Jones, one of the most high-profile owners in sports.

Matching what Mike McCarthy did in Green Bay, reaching the playoffs in nine of 13 seasons, is no simple task.

According to multiple reports, McCarthy plans to bring on New Orleans linebacker coach Mike Nolan as his defensive coordinator. Mike McCarthy was offensive coordinator in San Francisco when Nolan was head coach of the 49ers.

“I think he and Jerry Jones will get along great,” Hawk said of McCarthy. “I think Mike is dying to get back out there, and I think this is a great job for him.”

Mike McCarthy certainly has the resume and the confidence.

Time will tell if it’s truly a fit.

>>>> https://www.naijanewsgist.com/sports/mike-mccarthy-cowboys/
Re: Mike Mccarthy Braveness Might Make Him A Good Fit For Cowboys by yomi96(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2020
Skip will be happy

(1) (Reply)

>>>WATCHS⪻LIVE⪼ UFC 246 : Cowboy Vs Mcgregor FREE: / Nigeria Australia Economic Forum 2020 / Aus Open: Federer Saves Seven Match Points In Great Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.