Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas (29685 Views)

'Inikpi Is The Jesus Of Kogi State' - Pamilerin On 'The Legend Of Inikpi' / 'The Legend Of Inikpi' Premiere: Mercy Johnson, Husband & Children Pictured / The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by toyosilawal12: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
A visual fest of the ancient cultures of the Igala and Bini kingdoms, Mercy Johnson Okojie has just released the trailer for her first produced full length feature ‘The Legend of Inikpi’ which hits cinemas in Nigeria and Ghana on the 24th of January, 2020. The film features a stellar cast of Nollywood heavyweights including Mercy Johnson Okojie, Sam Dede, Odunlade Adekola, Saidi Balogun, Paul Obazele and others.

Beloved of her father King Attah Ayegba, Mercy Johnson’s ‘The Legend of Inikpi’ is the true story of revered Igala princess ‘Inikpi Oma Ufedo Baba’ who chooses to give her life for the freedom of her homeland.

Watch trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyf15cDjBY

The producer explained, “I believe I’ve been called to tell Nigerian stories. From the feedback we have so far, people are ready to know more about our culture and our past. It’s an honour to be the vessel to tell these stories.”

Set in the ancient Kingdoms of Igala and Bini, The Legend of Inikpi tells the true story of two great kingdoms on the brink of war. When the Oracle informs King Attah of Igala Kingdom of the human sacrifice demanded by the gods, the king plunges into despair, haunted by the ghosts of his past; this is a sacrifice he is not prepared to give.

With critical buzz surrounding the screenings already, the epic flick stars Mercy Johnson Okojie as Queen Omele, Sam Dede as Attah Ayegba (king of Igala kingdom), Paul Obazele as Oba Esigie of the Bini Kingdom while Odunlade Adekola co-stars as Prince Attah Ayegba, Saidi Balogun as the Oracle of Igala kingdom with newcomer Nancy Ameh as the titular Princess Inikpi. ‘The Legend of Inikpi’ was directed by Frank Rajah.

Tickets for the movie are sold at https://movies.nairabox.com/movies/5e12263d8ead0e73668b4889.

The Legend of Inikpi premieres on January 19, 2020 and hits the cinemas across Nigeria and Ghana on the 24th of January 2020.

The film is distributed by Silverbird Film Distribution. Media partners include Pulse, Bella Naija, Legit, Ynaija, Naijaloaded, YabaleftOnline, TVC, Silverbird Television, Goldmyne TV, The Beat 99.9FM, Rhythm FM Ameyaw Debrah, African Movie Channel, Sodas and popcorn, WildFlower PR and Nollywood Reinvented.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7BEdm1lM70/?igshid=ti1adiiufogr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by SoftP(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
A homely woman with brains'

Not those yeyebrities who could not keep their ties

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by FactBoyz: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Ebios(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
k
modified
Even after rushing to book space with k, bad belly people nor go allow me take FTC award.
l nor even know wetin to comment sef!

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nice, you're good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by StrikeBack(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nonsense!!!

No movies on Corruption
No movies on Hunger
No movies on Terrorism
No movies on Education

Just the same bullshit year in year out.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by vincentjk(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
Genevieve's lion heart was a hit and now mercy Johnson is next in line. This one looks more african tho

22 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by maynation(f): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ohh. I'm hitting the cinema soon then. cool
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by StarUp: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mercy Johnson is still hustling while some people are here on nairaland always logging in to check how many likes and shares their response have fetched...receive sense this year.

23 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by eedimo(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Good luck to her

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by maynation(f): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by vincentjk(m): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
maynation:
Ohh. I'm hitting the cinema soon then

Let me know when going, I'm coming with you cool

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by ylaa(f): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nice one Mercy. From the short clips, this is nothing but a blockbuster. Ride on gal.

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Prettiedame: 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Everyone is now a producer

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Pedrotina11: 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
OOk...being movie producer is retirement plan for Nigeria actors and actresses....how many movie has Angelina jolie produced? Nigerians overdo....and if u watch the movie nw he go b overhyped nonsense...

8 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by maynation(f): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
vincentjk:

Let me know when going, I'm coming with you

Are you in Akure ?
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
i'm in need of job. i can do any kind of menial job

help a brother
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
crap ...
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Niwdog(m): 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
This one will be a hit
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by FVckmannabbQ: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Saidi balogun is a genius.
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Blitz888(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
This is one story every igala son or daughter can relate with... I hope this movie does justice to the legendary inikpi folklore.

The self sacrifice of princess inikpi is the only reason the igala's were not exterminated and idah ran over.

I anticipate this movie with bated breath...

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Coldie(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
Trailer way don dae since
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Kcitytv: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
cool I love this story line,it based on true life story

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
maynation:
Ohh. I'm hitting the cinema soon then. cool
.. i'd rather use the money to subscribe to my netflix .
Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by OhiOfIhima: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
StrikeBack:
Nonsense!!!

No movies on Corruption
No movies on Hunger
No movies on Terrorism
No movies Education

Just the same bullshit year in year out.

The actors and actresses include the producers are all scare of this jabajantice govt.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by We4all: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
If you have never met the devil and you want to, just visit Attah Igala cos all 'Attah's' are the devil's incarnate. During the reign of Ameh Oboni, even the Oba of Benin was afraid of him.

A word of advice: If you have an Igala friend, keep him at arms length cos if they decide to jazz you, millions of TB Joshua cannot save you.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas by Kcitytv: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. i'd rather use the money to subscribe to my netflix .

see u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mo Abudu’s EbonyLife, Universal Pictures Secured Rights For Movie On Hushpuppi / Matilda Obaseki Slams Thin Tall Tony & His Wife / BBNaija: Blaqbonez Under Fire For Dissing Yerins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.