Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom (10596 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Mrflaunt: 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
So I am trying to apply for this scholarhsip and i am not able to go beyond the ''verify NIN" stage. Each time i click on ''verify NIN'', a page pops up for me to input my NIN and names. When i do this, it loads and does not return a response. I am stucked here. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me a means to resolve this.
Cheers.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by OnyinBless: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
JackIsrael:
thanks for sharing, but sir, I have a challenge of NIN verification, it bringing up invalid NIN. pls help sir.

Pls, I'm also having this issue of invalid ... Or error occurring as I try to verify pin. Pls help. Thanks
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by OnyinBless: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2020
bootstrap:

I seem to be hving a similar challenge. Anyone with a solution to this yet? Mine says “error processing your request”

Pls similar problem. What is the solution Sir
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by BanksBee: 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
Same here, HELP!!!

Mrflaunt:
So I am trying to apply for this scholarhsip and i am not able to go beyond the ''verify NIN" stage. Each time i click on ''verify NIN'', a page pops up for me to input my NIN and names. When i do this, it loads and does not return a response. I am stucked here. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me a means to resolve this.
Cheers.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by BanksBee: 2:48am On Feb 09, 2020
Mrflaunt:
Cheers.

Log in using your phone, just did that after 2weeks of no success via laptop and it worked immediately
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Odylz: 11:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
Hello, I have a fw questions concerniong this ptdf scholarship application.

1. do we need to apply directly to the university or does ptdf cover that?
2. will we need IELTS results at any point during the scholarship process?
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by piro2rule: 3:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
Please how do we prepare for the interview?
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Bomgirl(f): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
Please, is there anywhere I can get past questions on ptdf scholarship? I really need it. Thanks.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Iliyasdass(m): 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Bomgirl:
Please, is there anywhere I can get past questions on ptdf scholarship? I really need it. Thanks.

The ptdf scholarship doesn't involve any aptitude test so u don't need any past question..When u are shortlisted, the next step is the interview stage...
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
Odylz:
Hello, I have a fw questions concerniong this ptdf scholarship application.

1. do we need to apply directly to the university or does ptdf cover that?
2. will we need IELTS results at any point during the scholarship process?

1. You can apply to any uk university if you wish but not compulsory now. However, if u win the scholarship u must apply to schools on your own.
So apply now. UK university application is easy and free.

2. No. You dont need IELTS. WAEC or NECO C6 is enough.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Chukeg: 10:10am On Feb 22, 2020
hosey:

1. You can apply to any uk university if you wish but not compulsory now. However, if u win the scholarship u must apply to schools on your own.
So apply now. UK university application is easy and free.

2. No. You dont need IELTS. WAEC or NECO C6 is enough.

PTDF don't require IELTS, but the school you are applying to may require ielts

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Bomgirl(f): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Iliyasdass:

The ptdf scholarship doesn't involve any aptitude test so u don't need any past question..When u are shortlisted, the next step is the interview stage...

Thanks sir. I particularly like that you said ' when' not ' if '. grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Nikkybeth: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2020
Iliyasdass:

How true is this?
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nikkybeth:

How true is this?

Very true. Just pray u get shortlisted as many people do not make the interview list.

Channel your energy in your job and other scholarship opportunities. Total scholarship is ongoing.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by funshobabs(m): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2020
Anybody shortlisted yet for interview under the UK scheme?
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by theMartinet(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2020
Yes

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by montumonami(m): 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
Yes
funshobabs:
Anybody shortlisted yet for interview under the UK scheme?
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Jasswill(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
yes....
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Jasswill(m): 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
house any latest on the upcoming interview for those shortlisted. please if any, the entire house will appreciate as u share.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by mukykaffe: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
Please i would like to be added to the interview of uk ptdf scholarship WhatsApp group.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Isaacadekunle(m): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2020
montumonami:
Yes
Among those shortlisted for interview under the UK scheme... How did u get the shortlisting message... Was it through a mail, SMS or phone call... Someone should reply ASAP please
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Edicoco(f): 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
Good day,
Please I was shortlisted for the ptdf oss interview (PhD). I have my BSc cert and statement of result for my MSc.

Will they accept my MSc notification/statement of result? I concluded my MSc 2017. Thanks
DMainMan:
2020 OVERSEAS POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME UNDER PTDF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in the United Kingdom commencing in the 2020/2021 academic session.

The Scheme

Under this scheme, applicants are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available on the scholarship portal scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng). The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars settle into their new environments (where applicable).

Application Process

Application Forms can be obtained on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng).

Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements

PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only applicants who are outstanding across board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;

Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants

Membership of professional bodies

The viability of the study/research plan (PhD Applicants only).

Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development (MSc Applicants only).

Requirements

MSc

A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience

Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)

Must be computer literate

Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.

PhD

Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)

Must be computer literate

A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;

Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (sample template of the proposal is available on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng);

Applicants must also include their master’s degree project

Required Documents

Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:

First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result

NYSC discharge certificate

WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).

Recent Passport Photograph

Local Government Identification Letter

Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)

Evidence of membership of professional associations

NOTE:

Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to upload a NIN Verification Report before completing the application. The report can be obtained from www.verifyme.ng (charges may apply).

Ongoing PhD Applicants could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;

Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same category of degree, except a higher degree;

Applicants who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of degree;

Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;

Applicants who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.

Signed

Management
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by DMainMan: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
Edicoco:
Good day,
Please I was shortlisted for the ptdf oss interview (PhD). I have my BSc cert and statement of result for my MSc.

Will they accept my MSc notification/statement of result? I concluded my MSc 2017. Thanks
yes
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by ProfTG: 8:17am On Mar 18, 2020
Hello! Good morning.
Please, I am yet to get any info after application.
Have they started shortlisting for interview?
If Yes, is it in batches or they are done shortlisting?
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by Anfieldboss: 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
ProfTG:
Hello! Good morning.
Please, I am yet to get any info after application.
Have they started shortlisting for interview?
If Yes, is it in batches or they are done shortlisting?

They are done shortlisting, try again next year.
Re: 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom by DMainMan: 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2020
Edicoco:
Good day,

Yes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why should my sister study Anatomy. / Which Federal University Accept Second Choice Or Direct Entry / Withheld Salaries: Uncertainty As ASUU Rejects Fg’s Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.