Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics (72050 Views)

Chicago-Bound Train Carrying 243 Passengers Derails, Casualties Reported / Kaduna-Bound Train Breaks Down As Passengers Trek 1000 Meters Via Bush To Kaduna / Baby Girl Born On Dublin-bound Train Gets 25 Years Free Rail Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Officialfarex: 10:12am On Jan 08, 2020
Great one Muhammadu bukhari
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by PassingShot(m): 10:16am On Jan 08, 2020
Privatepart00:
All thanks to Goodluck Jonathan our darling ex president
See what hatred has caused your life!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by semyman: 10:17am On Jan 08, 2020
Privatepart00:
Satire I guess

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by fellom(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2020
I just hope say bedbug will not take over the seats soon!
Tetehjewels:
This is an Ibadan-bound train crossing the newly-built Kajola Bridge. 3yrs ago, that whole area was a huge forest.

Muhammadu Buhari, Prof Osinbajo mean well for our dear country. By the time they are done with Nigeria, we'll be on the fast lane to growth and development.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by TreasureJunky: 10:44am On Jan 08, 2020
[[s]quote author=Tetehjewels post=85586722]This is an Ibadan-bound train crossing the newly-built Kajola Bridge. 3yrs ago, that whole area was a huge forest.

Muhammadu Buhari, Prof Osinbajo mean well for our dear country. By the time they are done with Nigeria, we'll be on the fast lane to growth and development.[/quote][/s]
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by jossydee1: 10:47am On Jan 08, 2020
Mumu is your first name

popsy2:
Hmmm. We now hail deforestation as development. This will not end well for the ecological system.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Revolva(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2020
slimfit1:
Poor trains Rotime needs to go out . Buying locomotives with one head and carriages disgusting really. Why don't you go to UK and buy proper trains instead of buying substandard trains.

And where did the standard train want to run

Wat power does d standard train want to use

Before you write sometimes think first you think this is a country that can manage a surface electric train

So and read about maglev train ..you will find out also that usa and Europe don't even have it for now only China Japan and south Korea cos it's very expensive and risky but Usa are building theirs now acrosss six cities none in Europe for now

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by MERCHANDISER: 11:00am On Jan 08, 2020
BreconHills:

Dont let anger lead you to swear. Your father shouldnt be brought into something as trivial as internet credibility. Why should you care if no one believes you?

Because I dont believe you, and the reason is simple.

Every project that this government received funding for is at a good stage of completion. On the contrary, OBJ spent 16bn on electricity and to what end. After that GEJ privatised distribution ( nothing wrong with that) and yet there has been no improvement. The Lagos Ibadan expressway was awarded to Wale Babalakin during OBJ's era with great fanfare. Nothing was done until this government begun work on it. Colossal votes by the PDP with zero work. The river Niger has been dredged so many times and yet cannot take large ocean going ships. Airport renovations had huge votes and received only cosmetic treatment.

Any government that truly wants to change Nigeria must take the risk that it will be a one term government because Nigerians would rather have money in their pocket than have infrastructure that benefits several generation - a nation of Esaus of the criminal and venial type!

So do not swear. Your word should be enough. If you are right, you can always tell everyone including me " I told you so"

This government is not the best government we can have but it is miles better than what we have had before. Successive governments ( of any coloration) will have something to build on as economic choke points are removed one by one.

History will be kind to this President. He has ignored our craving for our addictions; imported goods, spending without saving, apeing the lifestyle of dubious celebrity criminals and he has restored a measure of sanity. He wont be popular now - and I am not sure he cares. But in future when we talk about the second foundation ( The first was General Gowons - five year rolling plans) of a modern Nigeria, he will receive the credit he deserves. We arent where we should be, but we are better off than we have been. Yes the economy is biting but this is only because distortions in value creation are being addressed. In the past the USD rate, stock market and house prices would rise immediately after FAAC allocation. This created economic bubbles that we mistook for economic growth not knowing that ot was being fueled by state money speculating on stock and house prices. Paper money unpacked by value. But the poor waited on the sidelines believing it will get to them one day if they prayed or worked hard enough. Illusions.

Today we are wiser.

Your father's grave is a sacred place dont let opinions like mine or even the uninformed ethnic linguists push you to do something you shouldnt. Have a blessed and prosperous year.
U dey mind the useless ipob miscreant cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by ppogba: 11:03am On Jan 08, 2020
popsy2:

Yes! That could have been better. Relocate them if possible. I can't support the destruction and displacement of the eco-habitate just to put through a rail road. I am certain that environmental impact assessement was not conducted before this.

If only you realize how much you and those people rely on the now destroyed forest, you wouldn't be here cheering.

If you have been following the news, you would have read or seen that the Amazon forest holds one of the largest deposit of crude, yet, it is left in the ground because of the damage oil exploration would have on the forest. Until lately that some companies started unlawful incursion on the forest Ecuador corridors.

Sir, that rail road could have still be constructed with minimal alteration of the landscape instead of this total annihilation of forest.

We don't solve a problem by creating another.

The tone of your response is respectful and mature. That is un-common here. However, there can never be infrastructural facilities without deforestation. The beautiful places you see today were once thick bushes.

A look at the American White House will show you that deforestation took place before it could stand there. Above all, the opportunity cost of the railway route is the several hundreds of homes spared the destruction. It is wrong of you to conclude that environmental impact assessments were not done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Butoneday2(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2020
Privatepart00:
gbam. Eziokwu ka ikwuru. Confam is confirm. cool
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 88joshua99: 11:07am On Jan 08, 2020
Good if it's well done,

for u igbo Red oils suitable for u health order in any Quantities , we supply to part of the country in Nigeria, for further information call us on 08085311745
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by NovusHomo(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2020
Privatepart00:

The "Ineffectual Buffon"; "wife" of Mama Piss? Abeg.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by APCNig: 11:29am On Jan 08, 2020
Privatepart00:

Yes, thanks to GEJ for building 2nd, 3rd anf 4th Nigeri Bridges and for building roads and railways all over South South and SOuth East. Kindly continue enjoying all the infrastructure that GEJ built in SS and SE. Now, when are you leaving Yoruba land for your SS and SE regions which are flowing with milk and honey? I can recollect that when Babatunde fashola abducted and dump you people at Upper Iweeka at 2:00AM, in less than 15 minutes, you have all jumped into the next available trailer carrying cows to Lagos. Even Goatluck Jonathan is ashamed of his own negative achievements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by popsy2(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2020
ppogba:

A look at the American White House will show you that deforestation took place before it could stand there. Above all, the opportunity cost of the railway route is the several hundreds of homes spared the destruction. It is wrong of you to conclude that environmental impact assessments were not done.

Thanks for the compliment. I am not saying that the construction of the railroad is bad but we shouldn't do the right thing the wrong way. My point is, the rail road could have still been constructed without complete destruction of the surrounding forest. To maintain a balance in nature and ensure that the air we breath is safe and clean, to curb global warming/ozone later depletion, those forests needs to stay.

If you have been to Lagos and then Abuja or Uyo/calabar, you will agree with me that the quality of air in the former city pales in comparison with those of the latter. This is largely attributed to the green environment that predominate those other cities.

You made reference to the white house, Yes, you are right but have you bothered taking an aerial look on the Washington DC? It is dotted with green parks, same method adopted by Abuja. The western world does not joke with green environment. Every big city in America has strategically positioned green reserves. The point is to assist in curbing the excessive carbon dioxide emitted into the atmosphere by industries and automobiles.

My assumption that environmental impact assessment was not conducted was because they could have done it better, with less damage. Photo attached.

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 0monnak0da: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2020
jeebz:

Yes, cargo trains and passenger trains can share the same track as obtains in the USA. Also, with respect to profitability, some projects can be run as a public good without the prospect of any profits in near future. However, Nigeria as a nation will profit through indirect means since it will improve general productivity of the SouthWest region.

It will improve productivity is speculation
How will it operate as a business
That is the elephant in the room
Nigerian government bodies have repeatedly proven their ineptitude and corruption anywhere there us revenue.
Putting concrete and steel together is just the start
Already we hear of racketeering on the Lagos Kaduna route that only just started.
Eventually government will be forced to privatize especially when the loans fall due.
This is not a viable business with any concretel financial return to pay off the loan
Just speculative and nebulous gains like

" improve the productivity of the region"
Human capital is what improves productivity and we are not investing in that.

When the British left us we were transporting 11 million people a year by rail see what happened afterwards.

Having trains like this carrying passengers is a nice looking thing.

It will lose money
It will not bring developments unless it focusses on transportation of goods primarily
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by slimfit1(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
Revolva:

Before you write sometimes think first you think this is a country that can manage a surface electric train

So and read about maglev train ..you will find out also that usa and Europe don't even have it for now only China Japan and south Korea cos it's very expensive and risky but Usa are building theirs now acrosss six cities none in Europe for now
Diesel engines attached at the bottom of the carriages.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by chigozie007(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Who else noticed they dont want to stain the train floor, thats why tho caprice bags are placed on the floor of the couches, feeling this is just another propaganda to make us believe the trains are working.
If the trains are working, then we need better trains, not some 1967 style made trains.....
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by chigozie007(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Who else noticed they don't want to stain the train floor, that""s why those caprice bags are placed on the floor of the couches, feeling this is just another propaganda to make us believe the trains are working.
If the trains are working, then we need better trains, not some 1967 style made trains.....
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by DMerciful(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
That Ibadan-Lagos rail line was started before 2014. I saw it then while traveling from Ibadan to lagos.
Guestlander:

First of all, the Lagos to Ibadan railway project was started under the Buhari administration. If you are not daft as you are trying to convince me then you will know that it is absurd to thank Jonathan for it.

We know when the contract was signed and when the actual construction started, all under Buhari. If you are not dumb then you should know that the success or failure of this project can only be attributed to Buhari's administration and not Jonathan.
I bet when the second Niger bridge is completed you will also thank Jonathan for it. If you are not a kid then I'm sorry for you.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Cantonese: 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
wwwihy:

President Muhammadu Buhari is the best President ever in the history of this Country.

Argue with your ancestors.

With less than three years Lagos - Ibadan railway is coming to fruition. What the useless PDP could not do in 2 decades.

God bless APC
God Bless Ameachi
God Bless BAT
God Bless PYO
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari
God Bless South West
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

With your head like the face of the train. Jagbajantis Intete.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by GoldenGeneral: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
Their heroes looted us dry until this two came, even though we should have done more than this but at least we are making progress on our infrastructure which will increase and develop our economy, same reason I am hoping for continuity with Prof Osinbajo
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by GoldenGeneral: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
Your type will only believe negative news about our country but if you have any sense you will make your investigation before showing your shallow mind on this platform, they are video evidence of it but then you believe what you want
chigozie007:
Who else noticed they dont want to stain the train floor, thats why tho caprice bags are placed on the floor of the couches, feeling this is just another propaganda to make us believe the trains are working.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by oluminde: 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
GoldenGeneral:
Their heroes looted us dry until this two came, even though we should have done more than this but at least we are making progress on our infrastructure which will increase and develop our economy, same reason I am hoping for continuity with Prof Osinbajo
Prof Osinbajo is the man i strongly believe can drive and continue the next level agenda beyond 2023. He has been a good team player and a key actor in this administration's developmental plans and reforms.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by slimfit1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
Revolva:

There are diesel engines trains everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by ParadizeImage: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
Nice initiative. I love new developments, no matter how slow it takes, Naija go still work. smiley
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Wada3: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
Very commendable one
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by kolaaderin: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
Privatepart00:
You are definitely insane for saying this shit.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Legendguru: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Oh
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by kolaaderin: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
DMerciful:
That Ibadan-Lagos rail line was started before 2014. I saw it then while traveling from Ibadan to lagos.
Pinocchio, you are living in a serious world of lies and this hiccup might kill you. You saw what train in 2014, you can lie for a competition and get the gold medals
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by shawnmich: 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
You know the funniest things... All this right and arguments won't change anything in the heart of Government. You are not the advisor neither will they hear your say before proceeding or concluding on anything so why arguing and fighting in zilch.... Abeg leave nija alone and try to see how you can succeed for this new year.... Those people you are fighting for .. arguing on.... Are rich already, all of them has already full their pocket with nija money so why can't you get yourself together and see how things can work for you in this new year instead of arguing on these people
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 1kinggy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
I hope an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) carried out this area and the project as a whole.

Many plants and animals would have been forced away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.