Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,592 members, 7,801,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website (99717 Views)

Tinubu: Did Chicago State Univ Delete 1979 Yearbook from its website? - FactChec / Datti: Extension Of Validity Of ₦‎200 Notes Portrays Buhari As Weak / Pantami’s Case Portrays Screenings By SSS, Senate As Charade - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Beautyaddy: 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
IgboSomalia:
[s]Those things were written by Nigerians working in the US Embassy[/s].

So what about the Americans that lives in Nigeria and works at the US embassies
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Nadio2019: 12:00am On Jan 08, 2020
Nigeria which has earned more than a Trillion $ from oil revenues, yet can't get anything right, except acquire weapons to subjugate its restive groups.

Nigeria is a fake country. Does the US not know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Mrcaregiver: 12:01am On Jan 08, 2020
Watch as some people in this government come and
debunk what the embassy says and blame it on the opposition.

They will say, the embassy only picked a very small sample from the aforementioned sector.

SMH..
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Beautyaddy: 12:03am On Jan 08, 2020
nedekid:

Oga leave story.
I took my BP drugs Lisinoprin and Amlodipine 10mg each it did not work. I checked my BP after 2hrs it was still 160/105. I called my gp, he told me to take another dose later in the day. I took 10 MG of each and checked after some hours. To my surprise my BP had even increased!
I had to to go to the phamercy to buy the high end version of the drugs ie novasc at N2200 for 10pills instead of the regular N400 for 10pills for the previous brand.
I checked my BP in 30mins after taking the new set of pills and guess what, my BP had dropped!
It means that the regular pills most people take are fake! It's just chalk you are taking and thinking you are taking medicine.

Hmmm....now that was very scary. embarassed

Are any of these medications manufactured in Nigeria
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Nadio2019: 12:06am On Jan 08, 2020
budaatum:
This is not a portrayal of Nigeria, but of we Nigerians who create the despicable things described here in our country called Nigeria!

We Nigerians will change our ways when we finally decide to dislike being described this way.
Bad leadership breeds bad followers.

Through creation of undue large number of 20 new political units in northern region of Nigeria, but only 17 units in the two southern regions, Nigeria was politically restructured by northern soldiers to breed bad leaders ordained first by the Fulani-controlled North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Beautyaddy: 12:14am On Jan 08, 2020
iswallker:

Fake drugs are everywhere in nigeria you hear..

Drugs are mostly not available when you need then you hear..

Tap water is unsafe to drink you hear in any corner on Nigeria - and that's what they said and thats what you said too - they said if they offer you water that is not bottled decline it and request for a bottled one..

Hope you will hear..

lol!...Why wont those tap water be unsafe...where do they come from? man-made wells. undecided
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by homirefacuny(m): 12:14am On Jan 08, 2020
bindukwe:
Nigeria's biggest problem is accountability.

No system is in place to hold these office holders accountable for their promises and the goods they have to deliver.

Making a hashtag trend on twitter isn't accountability either.

Our legal system is useless when it comes to cases of these nature. We need an independent agency that will work as a regulatory body for government officers.

If they make a promise, hold it to them till they deliver. And if they can't deliver they should be heavy penalties for it.

How person go dey chop that amount of salary with allowances and bribes, and not deliver anything of note to the people who employed you.
God bless you sir. Accountability is the exact difference between developed nation and Nigeria. The citizens are not ready

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by budaatum: 12:21am On Jan 08, 2020
Nadio2019:

Through creation of undue large number of 20 new political units in northern region of Nigeria, but only 17 units in the two southern regions, Nigeria was politically restructured by northern soldiers to breed bad leaders ordained first by the Fulani-controlled North.
If you be follow follow, I agree.

Some see bad behaviour and say, "not me".
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by budaatum: 12:26am On Jan 08, 2020
bindukwe:
Nigeria's biggest problem is accountability.

No system is in place to hold these office holders accountable for their promises and the goods they have to deliver.

Making a hashtag trend on twitter isn't accountability either.

Our legal system is useless when it comes to cases of these nature. We need an independent agency that will work as a regulatory body for government officers.

If they make a promise, hold it to them till they deliver. And if they can't deliver they should be heavy penalties for it.

How person go dey chop that amount of salary with allowances and bribes, and not deliver anything of note to the people who employed you.
It is for this reason, the "No system is in place to hold these office holders accountable for their promises and the goods they have to deliver", that I so like this bubu era.

One thing we are learning like never before is the use of the systems that are in place. When bubu too leaves Aso Rock, our use of the systems in place would have improved such that we might even be able to improve the systems in place.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Beautyaddy: 12:33am On Jan 08, 2020
YoungBruzzy:
[s]All these accusations are true. yes, Nigeria is poor in terms of infrastructural facilities. But let us be sincere with ourselves, America didn't get to where they are today in just one or two years, it takes a lot of time for it to be achieved.
So they now expect a country of how many years, 59 years to get to where they are in just a day when they are whooping 243 years old. Damn its not done that way.
It's a slow and gradual process but we will surely get there. I believe[/s].

Rubbish Excuse!

When did Singapore get its independence and how old is that Country

What about Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and the list goes on.

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by pacespot(m): 12:44am On Jan 08, 2020
This is no damning description but a statement of facts. Kudos to US for saying the truth on this.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:10am On Jan 08, 2020
Reality check! No lies. Too much corruption by our leaders so as a result hospitals lack quality services. Go to some general hospitals and you gonna feel the pains of what poor patients are passing through and how unprofessional some of the doctors and nurses could be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by nedekid: 1:25am On Jan 08, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm....now that was very scary. embarassed

Are any of these medications manufactured in Nigeria
Norvasc ie the 2k+ drug is made by pyfizer. Probably in the US, UK nigeria or elsewhere.
The 400 naira one is also written as made by treva UK. Doubt it because on Google search I saw a post where nafdac penalized a local company for writing same name falsely on their tablets.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Beautyaddy: 1:31am On Jan 08, 2020
nedekid:

Norvasc ie the 2k+ drug is made by pyfizer. Probably in the US, UK nigeria or elsewhere.
The 400 naira one is also written as made by treva UK. Doubt it because on Google search I saw a post where nafdac penalized a local company for writing same name falsely on their tablets.

Hmmm...so what medications are manufactured in Nigeria
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 08, 2020
Sovereign- nation saboteurs bearing African and European citizenships!

NL is now a spy zone to see how you are faring.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Enemyofpeace: 1:42am On Jan 08, 2020
They've tolded us the naked truth
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by digitaltrades: 1:48am On Jan 08, 2020
CSTR2:

Buhari has been in power for five years now and cannot point to one world class tertiary hospital he has built.
What then has he done?

That is not excluding the other hopeless leaders you people have been electing since 1999.

In 2023, you would still elect another useless leader that you are very familiar with.

The only thing the brain of budaatum can process is "buhari's failure is because Nigerians are lazy". His brain is too archaic and primitive to reason beyond his nose. To him, buhari is sent by Allah to rule Nigeria. He sees buhari as some prophet or alfa that must be praised and worship. In short, he is a religion-blinded soul.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Macdav(m): 1:50am On Jan 08, 2020
alezzy13:
Chai!! See as them finish us cry

Some truth, but a lot of exaggerations. In the health sector for instance I don't agree the issue of fake drugs is still as serious as it once was.

Secondly I don't totally agree medications are not available in most hospital. There may be occasional stockout but I don't think it's a general issue

Lastly in this day and age how many people still request for tap water? It's almost always bottled water even in those road side bukas

You based in Nigeria?
alezzy13:
Chai!! See as them finish us cry

Some truth, but a lot of exaggerations. In the health sector for instance I don't agree the issue of fake drugs is still as serious as it once was.

Secondly I don't totally agree medications are not available in most hospital. There may be occasional stockout but I don't think it's a general issue

Lastly in this day and age how many people still request for tap water? It's almost always bottled water even in those road side bukas

You based in Nigeria?
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by 9jaRealist: 4:14am On Jan 08, 2020
budaatum:
This is not a portrayal of Nigeria, but of we Nigerians who create the despicable things described here in our country called Nigeria!

We Nigerians will change our ways when we finally decide to dislike being described this way.

BLESS YOU!

"Nigeria" does not on the wrong side of the road, NIGERIANS do...
"Nigeria" does not sell fake medicines, it is NIGERIANS who do so, etc, etc.

>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 08, 2020
GMbuharii:

(Lzaa immhotep bastardmod) helinues afamed yorubahero12 yorubaking...

I does not talk am for anything o!!!!!
Where is helinues our man ? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by uuzba(m): 5:08am On Jan 08, 2020
Nadio2019:

Ehe?
So where do the leaders come from?
Where is their village?
Is it moon or Jupiter?
Is it not from the same followers that the leaders are born and sent to leadership?

If ordinary northern soldiers politically restructured Nigeria in the past, Oya, Let Southern Soldiers politically restructure Nigeria again Na!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by budaatum: 5:11am On Jan 08, 2020
digitaltrades:

The only thing the brain of budaatum can process is "buhari's failure is because Nigerians are lazy". His brain is too archaic and primitive to reason beyond his nose. To him, buhari is sent by Allah to rule Nigeria. He sees buhari as some prophet or alfa that must be praised and worship. In short, he is a religion-blinded soul.
This buda?

budaatum:
Over in the Religion section there's all complaining that they got too many atheist and wonder why we aren't over here.

I figured they got a point so I've come over. Besides, they are seriously beginning to bore me with their often low mentality!

Hope this proves an upgrade.

When I call you a lazy fuq you will be complaining!

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by optimus106(m): 5:17am On Jan 08, 2020
CSTR2:
You still dey shame?
Lol.

Keep voting for idiots that have no clue on how to build a developed society.

They are just there for themselves
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by olusola200: 5:52am On Jan 08, 2020
Does that means that is know good thing about Nigeria

Even our entertainment industry

Point of correction, No queue at the petrol station
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by anonimi: 5:52am On Jan 08, 2020
Omooba77:
Nothing but the Truth, our roads are worse off now

Do you want Fashola to deal with you the way he and his godfather dealt with Engr. Funsho Williams or what is this you are trying to provoke

Fashola: "Our roads are not as bad as people say they are”
11/07/2019

Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, says Nigeria’s road surfaces are not as deplorable as the public have made them out to be.
Speaking to State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting of Wednesday, November 6, 2019, Fashola also blamed poor funding and how long it takes to acquire materials for road works, for the poor performance of his ministry since 2015.

“The roads are not as bad as they are often portrayed. I know that this is going to be your headline, but the roads are not that bad,” Fashola said.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/fashola-our-roads-are-not-as-bad-as-people-say-they-are/gs1xt07

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5678761_floodedvi1_jpegdf8828fe00b817793d26fe7674df402f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by qtx(m): 5:53am On Jan 08, 2020
budaatum:

The government force people to do the right thing through the laws. If your government does not do that as well as other duties she is to discharge, i blame the government for everything. Let me tell you, all over the world nobody obeys the law because it is sweet to obey the law, no, people obey laws because they are afraid the law will catch up with them. So the government of Nigeria only knows how to play dirty politics and propaganda without enforcing the law and compel citizens to obey them and do the right thing rather abandoning her constitutional duties, then it is not funny. Like someone just said, Nigeria is a joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by BigBashiru: 6:27am On Jan 08, 2020
The black man..... disgrace to humanity!!!
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by BigBashiru: 6:31am On Jan 08, 2020
qtx:

The government force people to do the right thing through the laws. If your government does not do that as well as other duties she is to discharge, i blame the government for everything. Let me tell you, all over the world nobody obeys the law because it is sweet to obey the law, no, people obey laws because they are afraid the law will catch up with them. So the government of Nigeria only knows how to play dirty politics and propaganda without enforcing the law and compel citizens to obey them and do the right thing rather abandoning her constitutional duties, then it is not funny. Like someone just said, Nigeria is a joke.

There is something called common sense.... are Nigerians lower animals that it's a failed state. There are certain things that don't need to be enforced; like taking bribes or driving on the wrong side of the road. How about use of female pants for rituals, one chance, yahoo boys? Eveb the governors none has public interest. So you can see the mind of the black man is very dark....Nigerians are a very wicked people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by anonimi: 6:32am On Jan 08, 2020
qtx:

Can you please explain in as much details as possible how the government is different from the people?
Who has sovereignty- the people or the government?
Can there be a government if there is absolutely no one in the governed area?
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Btruth: 6:36am On Jan 08, 2020
Honestly, I'm not upset. The report is indeed very comprehensive.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2020
budaatum:

This is clearly the difference between knowing history and not knowing it because if you knew your history, you'd know that tax is theft by government and only lazy fuqs allow themselves to be taxed such that it can be said of them that they "surrender[ed] your freedom and resources to government". Tax was in fact the reason US claimed independence from Great Britain, so I can't understand why you would "surrender your freedom and resources to government" of unaccountable thieves! Most don't surrender as easily as you imply.

It better be "by the way". But for the record, the first step in ensuring government does not mess with the Saturday I have chosen for my beautiful special day wedding that no government fashioned on this earth shall meddle with is make sure I check the diary the government publishes with dates of the elections, and knowing Nigeria, chose a day at least 4 weeks after.

I'm responsible like that.

Try this experiment. Go outside and see gutter going down the street, pot holes in the road, and tell me if bubu is responsible to come and mend it for you.

I think you forget we are democratic now. I also think people focus more on Abuja instead of their own local community. We Nigerians get this insidious notion that some power from Abuja will make things right. Some even believe "not by their might" as if good things are for those who labour not. That is why a "tiny number of people in government are able to have so much influence on the direction and quality of life of larger number of citizens in this nation". Its because the majority (and I'm hoping you're a minority on this), "surrender your freedom and resources to government" as if government is your god! And on top of that, you pay them, to enslave you!

The government is the "citizenry of Nigeria", is precisely my point! And my security and welfare are my own primary responsibility. Or where's the logic of expecting bubu to secure my local community if I don't take responsibility for the tiny bit of it that I can?

You talk as if you were not here when we were "critically scrutinize and appraise the caliber of people we allow into the offices of government". Did you not hear us BMC Artikulate and Obliterate Next Level?

It is very important that we do not have an autocratic government, and if our government becomes autocratic and we don't like it we should stand up and tell our autocratic government to stop being autocratic or grin and bear it, and kick their autocratic asses out with our votes at the very next election.

Its a slow process, but gradually, we will get better at "critically scrutinize and appraise the caliber of people we allow into the offices of government", and make Nigeria a place we are proud of.
Nairaland really gives people the platform to be executive jokers and embarrass themselves without let. I expect you live in a cave with all you've written or that you're not a working adult and therefore dependent on someone else for your comfort. You could also be an outlaw. Those are the circumstances under which you don't pay tax. Every other thing is gibberish. I don't care for the history of tax. What i let you know is that you don't have a choice. You must pay tax and it predates Britain's colonisation of the Americas.
You probably were in la-la land when the last elections were postponed less than 12hrs to the day or maybe you're not aware of imposition of curfew in certain areas recently. The mere fact that you have checked the diary so as not to clash with government programme for your personal business and given a space of four weeks is a quiet admittance of the power government holds over your life and plans. Lemme ask why you chose to go to schl. Oh you didn't choose. Your parents chose for you. Who determined how you are admitted to a university. Lemme see. Not you? Government!! Wait a minute you served in NYSC didn't you? I'm not sure you had a choice in the matter

You do not seem to be aware of the workings of the government in Nigeria or anywhere for dat matter. Find out about exclusive list, concurrent list and residual list and see who carries what responsibility. It will not surprise you anymore then as to why Nigeria is said to have too strong a central government.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Northern Nigeria They Won't Show You / Tompolo Reappears After Over 6 Years In Exile / Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees Revealed- Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.