Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website (99739 Views)

Tinubu: Did Chicago State Univ Delete 1979 Yearbook from its website? - FactChec / Datti: Extension Of Validity Of ₦‎200 Notes Portrays Buhari As Weak / Pantami’s Case Portrays Screenings By SSS, Senate As Charade - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Alal(m): 6:47am On Jan 08, 2020
This is all true now

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by anonimi: 6:52am On Jan 08, 2020
budaatum:
This is clearly the difference between knowing history and not knowing it because if you knew your history, you'd know that tax is theft by government and only lazy fuqs allow themselves to be taxed such that it can be said of them that they "surrender[ed] your freedom and resources to government". Tax was in fact the reason US claimed independence from Great Britain, so I can't understand why you would "surrender your freedom and resources to government" of unaccountable thieves! Most don't surrender as easily as you imply.

Made unaccountable by the choice of the people who pay the taxes.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by MisDzoi: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2020
Are they lying?
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by PatKing(f): 7:48am On Jan 08, 2020
very true.
even you, you have never considered running away?

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:51am On Jan 08, 2020
[quote author=greatdreamer post=85591543]The report is true. What do you expect when the sitting president of a country is the health ambassador in Great Britain[/quote

Gbam!!]
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by kallycjn(f): 8:43am On Jan 08, 2020
alezzy13:
Chai!! See as them finish us cry

Some truth, but a lot of exaggerations. In the health sector for instance I don't agree the issue of fake drugs is still as serious as it once was.

Secondly I don't totally agree medications are not available in most hospital. There may be occasional stockout but I don't think it's a general issue

Lastly in this day and age how many people still request for tap water? It's almost always bottled water even in those road side bukas
that does not mean they should stop the supply of the Tap Water, as most Nigerian's still depends on it. Mind you Tap water is still a big problem in some part of Nigeria. They know the value that's why they mentioned it.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by folks4luv(f): 8:53am On Jan 08, 2020
alezzy13:

Some truth, but a lot of exaggerations. In the health sector for instance I don't agree the issue of fake drugs is still as serious as it once was.

Secondly I don't totally agree medications are not available in most hospital. There may be occasional stockout but I don't think it's a general issue

Lastly in this day and age how many people still request for tap water? It's almost always bottled water even in those road side bukas
Even NAFDAC confessed fake drug is still a big issue in the country.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by johnanO: 8:54am On Jan 08, 2020
Racoon:
This is just a summary of the irony of what Nigeria has became today as a nation especially in security & health wherein our rulers have so much failed that Nigeria has now become a tragicomic joke.

The word 'rulers' in your comment reveals the problem. Unfortunately, you may be part of the problem if you think we need rulers.

We need representatives not rulers. Rulers give you grief.

Nigeria is not a joke. It's a country facing historical difficulties which it shall overcome. Sooner or later we will be fine because we have no other option.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by digitaltrades: 9:05am On Jan 08, 2020
budaatum:

This buda?

When I call you a lazy fuq you will be complaining!

Looks like your mental backwardness also curses you with forgetfulness.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Sunrise258: 9:44am On Jan 08, 2020
alezzy13:

1) Bottled water became relevant in Nigeria due to failure of government to provide clean n stable water. In America, till date, it govt. still maintain good water supply to all citizens. That we rely heavily on bottled water here is a failure of water ministry under the govt. Americans don't store up water like we do in Africa. Their kitchen, bathroom all have tap (not borehole) they just on tap and get water for drinking, cooking n bathing.

2) months ago, a doctor in the north visited the state general hospital at night and only 1 or 2 doctors were on duty and about 6 others were absent! The Governor got their dial n called them n they didn't pick because they were either sleeping or busy at their private clinics. This is exactly what has become of our health sector. You said PMB hasn't built any big hospital for past 5 years? Is the solution building hospitals or to make functional the existing ones?

3) Counterfeit drugs n other things are everywhere! Since Nigerians produce counterfeit Coca cola, Malt, Stout, and several foreign wines, what else can they do? A company was busted maybe in Edo or Anambra, they just open borehole tap into bottle, sealed it and label it bottle water and it's been existing for 4 to 5yrs before busted.

Anything happens in Nigeria. The write is very correct.

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by panini(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2020
I thought I'd read something far fetching but no, it's all true. Nothing was exaggerated
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Broadenyourhori: 10:50am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by themaestro08(m): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2020
alezzy13:

There is no any exaggeration as far as this report is concerned. In fact the embassy somehow underestimate the current reality in Nigeria.

1. In some cities and their surrounding suburbs its quite common to come across mini-pharmarcies that sell this fake and ineffective drugs. As a matter of fact some chemist with little or no certification produce their own drugs without Government regulation.

2. Have you been to some random hospitals/pharmacies in some parts of Kaduna? Their stocks are mostly inadequate and in some casses unavailable. Its very common for a patient to go for an alternative because the prescribed one isn't available.

3.lastly, just yesterday a nanny in my school was fetching water from the tap and from afar I can easily see how unsafe the water is. it was a pathetic scene

. And let's be clear here, vast majority of Nigerians use this unsafe water for almost everything in their day to day activities. And how many people could afford bottle water every now and then? Imagine a family man with 10 or more dependents and his monthly income is less than 60k? Is it feasible for him to provide adequate bottle water for his household through out the month?

Its easy for some one who is apparently out of touch with reality to sit in his sofa and spew load of gibberish. Its quite annoying, but more annoying is the innept and clumsy leaders the country is unfortunate to have.

The truth is bitter, learn to accept crictism and acknowledge your short-falls instead of arrogantly and ignorantly trying to dispute docummented facts.

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by emeths: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2020
so on point.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by qtx(m): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2020
anonimi:

Can you please explain in as much details as possible [b]how the government is different from the people?[/b]
Who has sovereignty- the people or the government?
Can there be a government [b]if there is absolutely no one in the governed area?[/b]
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

Bros do you live in this country called Nigeria? These things you are blabbing about are only feasible in advanced democracies that work. In this country where the gap between the ordinary man and that of the political elite is as wide and as deep as Gulf of Mexico? Can the child of an ordinary man enjoy the same amenities enjoyed by children of the political class? How will Nigerians behave well when the Government itself does not see any reason to act well? Corruption everywhere in government, from one government to the other?
You go and copy quotes from Ben Carson to post here. We are talking about Nigeria here where the law is too weak to catch the strong but only strong enough to catch the weak. I am not supporting indiscipline by anyone, but hey! The government makes laws and sets them aside only for the weak, and you expect what Ben Carson said to work here? What Carson said is for the nations where the law is the same for every citizen including those in power. Please tell me something else.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Collyno82(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2020
alezzy13:

sighting another lazy youth
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by anonimi: 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
qtx:
Bros do you live in this country called Nigeria? These things you are blabbing about are only feasible in advanced democracies that work. In this country where the gap between the ordinary man and that of the political elite is as wide and as deep as Gulf of Mexico? Can the child of an ordinary man enjoy the same amenities enjoyed by children of the political class? How will Nigerians behave well when the Government itself does not see any reason to act well? Corruption everywhere in government, from one government to the other?
You go and copy quotes from Ben Carson to post here. We are talking about Nigeria here where the law is too weak to catch the strong but only strong enough to catch the weak. I am not supporting indiscipline by anyone, but hey! The government makes laws and sets them aside only for the weak, and you expect what Ben Carson said to work here? What Carson said is for the nations where the law is the same for every citizen including those in power. Please tell me something else.

Were those countries always advanced democracies?
If they were not always that, how did the people work to make their own countries to be advanced democracies?
You still have not answered how government is different from the people, if it is different.
Thanks.

[img]https://otrazhenie.files./2013/08/step.jpg[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Insectkiller: 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
Well..Nigerians need to be sincere with themselves..

USA has d right information..these are actually true but I differ on d health matters..

Nigeria has improved beyond doubt.
Thank u
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by maasoap(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
CSTR2:

Yes.
If the ones you are familiar with are the same group of hopeless idiots.

It is madness to keep trying the same thing and expect a different results.

Sowore and others were offering something different, but Nigeria opted for the familiar mess in buhari and atiku.

Sowore didn't offer anything different. The guy did streets shows in Abuja and Lagos and came up with frivolous lists of how he "spent" 300 million naira. Laughing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Ayobami7(m): 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
True
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Jahskid24(m): 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
nobody talk lie for there na na the reality them talk so

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Staro: 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
Very sad
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by juniorstar(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
see the way them summarize us
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by budaatum: 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

It will not surprise you anymore then as to why Nigeria is said to have too strong a central government.
No one says Nigeria does not "have too strong a central government". But as someone said, "Na here we de now", so deal with it or change it if you don't like how it is. Or can't you? Too helpless because you surrender[ed] your freedom and resources to government", so you just wail about it? That's your choice!

I pay tax because I want to and not because I am forced by the government! Thankfully, Nigeria does not tax up to the 25% some nations do, but then neither do we provide the services those nations provide. Perhaps if they did tax you more you'd ask them to be more accountable to you who voted for them!

O! I forget, you already "surrendered your freedom and resources to government", you weak helpless hopeless slave to government!

1 Like

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by budaatum: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2020
qtx:

The government force people to do the right thing through the laws. If your government does not do that as well as other duties she is to discharge, i blame the government for everything. Let me tell you, all over the world nobody obeys the law because it is sweet to obey the law, no, people obey laws because they are afraid the law will catch up with them. So the government of Nigeria only knows how to play dirty politics and propaganda without enforcing the law and compel citizens to obey them and do the right thing rather abandoning her constitutional duties, then it is not funny. Like someone just said, Nigeria is a joke.
You are very correct. I remember we used to say "the fear of bubu is the beginning of wisdom", pity he has not quite held up to it, but imagine President Atiku forcing you to do what is right. Would you not laugh in his looting face?

A government needs the moral ground to make people obey the law, but this is Nigeria where we loot by right, except, some actually do fear bubu so definitely loot a lot less than they otherwise would have, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by CSTR2: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
maasoap:

Sowore didn't offer anything different. The guy did streets shows in Abuja and Lagos and came up with frivolous lists of how he "spent" 300 million naira. Laughing
If I had to give anybody benefit of the doubt, I would give it to sowore rather than atiku or buhari.

Unlike those two old fools, he actually fought for democracy and has never benefited from Nigeria's coffers directly or indirectly.

Unlike those two old fools, he is not in any bit responsible for our current national plight.
Unlike those two old fools, he actually has a degree in public administration.

Instead you people gave the benefit of the doubt to a coupist who was the petroleum minister under the most corrupt military ruler in Africa.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
they got everything accurate!
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Exodora: 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
I am in support of the medical part . Watch The Resident and you will understand real well.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Exodora: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
I am in support of the medical part . Watch The Resident (Movie)and you will understand real well.
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Legendguru: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
Oh
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by Legendguru: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
Ohhhh
Re: How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website by maasoap(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
CSTR2:

If I had to give anybody benefit of the doubt, I would give it to sowore rather than atiku or buhari.

Unlike those two old fools, he actually fought for democracy and has never benefited from Nigeria's coffers directly or indirectly.

Unlike those two old fools, he is not in any bit responsible for our current national plight.
Unlike those two old fools, he actually has a degree in public administration.

Instead you people gave the benefit of the doubt to a coupist who was the petroleum minister under the most corrupt military ruler in Africa.

You think this is about "we" people, really? Tell me the last time a minor party won presidential election in USA because of the credibility of the candidate or any other country for that matter. They don't call them major parties for nothing. Any credible candidate will have to emerge on the platform of bigger parties, no two ways about it. Many electorates have attached themselves to the ideologies of major parties and any "credible" who wants their votes has to use the platform of their parties.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) / The Northern Nigeria They Won't Show You / Tompolo Reappears After Over 6 Years In Exile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.