Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (97690 Views)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Breaking : Iran Attacks US Airbase / Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:34am On Jan 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

then Iran will finish him off....ryt

Hello, Don't misquote me please. Am a war freak. The coordination strategy and Hardware's that plays freak me alot.

I never said Iran will finish US. You were the one saying it was scripted and I said NO.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by TruthSpeaker: 2:34am On Jan 08, 2020
orunmila144:
THIS IS THE END OF THE USA. ALL YOU NIGERIANS IN USA RIP TO YOU IN ADVANCE. THIS IS BIBLICAL. USA IS DONE. RUSSIA AND NORTH KOOREA AND CHINA WILL SOON JOIN IRAN TO FIRE MISSILES INTO USA. THEY ARE ALL TRAINING TOGETHER AS WE SPEAK, RUSSIA AND IRAN AND CHINA THAT IS

DON’T GET FOOLED, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. RUSSIA, NORTH KOREA & CHINA ARE NOT INTERESTED IN ANY WAR. WHY WILL THEY WASTE THEIR RESOURCES AND ENERGY FIGHTING A WAR FOR IRAN. IRAN WILL UNDERSTAND MORE THAN NEVER THE FULL MEANING OF “OYO”. IRAN NAH MUMU NATION, THEIR SUPREME GENERAL WAS KILLED UNDER BROAD DAY LIGHT WITH COMPLETE IMPUNITY AND THE WORST THEY HAVE DONE IS TO THROW KNOCK OUT THAT LEFT NO US CASUALTIES. IT ONLY LEFT IRAQI CASUALTIES.

4 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by tiwiex(m): 2:35am On Jan 08, 2020
MrMcJay:

How is Iraq US mainland?
By the time US responds, you'll see Iranians on PressTV and Aljazeera crying and shouting human rights.

Iran said Trump didn't have congressional approval before killing their man. I really hope Iran had congressional approval before attacking a US facility with rockets.

Trump would deal with whoever gave them approval and the surviving Iranians would get the memo.
Trump started a war unprovoked. They have responded. Trump has been biting and getting away with it. He has bitten more than he can chew. How their internal decision works is no business of ours. Whether they needed approval or not, a retaliation was expected. He has been slapping Iran unprovoked. Cancelled the nuclear deal. Dem no talk. He made various trade sanctions. Dem no talk. It's like he has been pushing their button and was getting pissed they were ignoring him. Now, they have his attention.

There is a reason why diplomacy exists. War is a lose lose situation. Not just for the countries. Even the world. Iran knew the implication but since Trump wants to form commander in chief, let's do this.

2 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Correcto: 2:35am On Jan 08, 2020
It is called deterrence, can only be done by a superpower
DAramis:
It is alleged that 3 bases has been hit. IF any US soldier is killed in these attacks, I strongly fear the next action Trump might take.

Just imagine taking out a fully fledged legitimate army general of a sovereign country because of alleged killing of a US contractor.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by grandlexuz(m): 2:35am On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Stay glued to Twitter.

Trump will say what next soon. Certain he will tweet anytime from now.

He will have no choice than to finish what he started. Am certain he will strike.

How will he explain the justification for already dead soldiers knowing Democrats will capitalize on it. It's election time! It's either you score or you flames

This is not one fight the Iranians will let go. They will fight to last man standing. I am just surprised America with all her perceived might couldnt intercept missiles at its millitary base. What happens to Embassies etc.

6 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Etinosa1234: 2:36am On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Hello, Don't misquote me please. Am a war freak. The coordination strategy and Hardware's that plays freak me alot.

I never said Iran will finish US. You were the one saying it was scripted and I said NO.

Me!!!!!!

I think u are mistaken me 4 another person....

.Besides I've been reading ur post of how u've been castigating the US believing that Iran will defeat them
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by permit(m): 2:36am On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Who supplies you marijuana?
Mr putin grin
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Correcto: 2:36am On Jan 08, 2020
Some people lose more while some gain after a war
tiwiex:

Trump started a war unprovoked. They have responded. Trump has been biting and getting away with it. He has bitten more than he can chew. How their internal decision works is no business of ours. Whether they needed approval or not, a retaliation was expected. He has been slapping Iran unprovoked. Cancelled the nuclear deal. Dem no talk. He made various trade sanctions. Dem no talk. It's like he has been pushing their button and was getting pissed they were ignoring him. Now, they have his attention.

There is a reason why diplomacy exists. War is a lose lose situation. Not just for the countries. Even the world. Iran knew the implication but since Trump wants to form commander in chief, let's do this.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by kelvindj98: 2:36am On Jan 08, 2020
DAramis:
It is alleged that 3 bases has been hit. IF any US soldier is killed in these attacks, I strongly fear the next action Trump might take.

Just imagine taking out a fully fledged legitimate army general of a sovereign country because of alleged killing of a US contractor.
I don't know. With elections drawing close, I don't Trump will want war.
But who am I, the way the man does his thing is unconventional.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Nobody: 2:37am On Jan 08, 2020
permit:
Mr putin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by grandlexuz(m): 2:38am On Jan 08, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

DON’T GET FOOLED, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. RUSSIA, NORTH KOREA & CHINA ARE NOT INTERESTED IN ANY WAR. WHY WILL THEY WASTE THEIR RESOURCES AND ENERGY FIGHTING A WAR FOR IRAN. IRAN WILL UNDERSTAND MORE THAN NEVER THE FULL MEANING OF “OYO”. IRAN NAH MUMU NATION, THEIR SUPREME GENERAL WAS KILLED UNDER BROAD DAY LIGHT WITH COMPLETE IMPUNITY AND THE WORST THEY HAVE DONE IS TO THROW KNOCK OUT THAT LEFT NO US CASUALTIES. IT ONLY LEFT IRAQI CASUALTIES.

You guys can analyse. No official statement yet you already have painted a picture. The swear for your head?

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Etinosa1234: 2:38am On Jan 08, 2020
tiwiex:

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Sprumbaba: 2:38am On Jan 08, 2020
mactoni91:
U.S just created more problems for themselves

Iran just created problems for themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by CutieKing: 2:38am On Jan 08, 2020
Fear a country that takes out a whole military general like a chicken even in a moving vehicle.
That drone was launched from Qatar with a precise accuracy.

4 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:38am On Jan 08, 2020
grandlexuz:

This is not one fight the Iranians will let go. They will fight to last man standing. I am just surprised America with all her perceived might couldnt intercept missiles at its millitary base. What happens to Embassies etc.

That's the beauty of warfare. Making strategic moves in the midst of defences.

But certain Iran is in for a big thing. Trump might turn Tehran to dust. Just waiting for his tweet. Not sleeping till I see his tweet.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Rosskii: 2:39am On Jan 08, 2020
Esseite:
The war has taken an ego dimension...

Whomever backs down would join African countries in the league of spineless countries..

We often stand in the compound of a coward to point at where a brave man used to live

- Igbo proverb

2 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Correcto: 2:39am On Jan 08, 2020
Iran is no match for the US!!! Get it into your head
tiwiex:

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Sprumbaba: 2:39am On Jan 08, 2020
Trapping:
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!

Reporting live from Alagbole. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by somehow: 2:40am On Jan 08, 2020
permit:
is too early for what ever you're sniffing bro. The last thing Russia will ever do is to go against US
Please go and sleep, this is not a discourse you can handle.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 08, 2020
Now this idiots politicians have put innocent Iranians and USA citizens in fear after this incidents.

5 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by jboycrb(m): 2:40am On Jan 08, 2020
Koval12:
.....and that might be the end of Iran! It's a pity. USA war planes already leaving Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Israel. I expect Trump to react within the next 24 hours. He had promised to hit Iran so hard and fast should they retaliate.

How about thousands of terrorist living in the United sates? U think they won't hit back right there on US soil? Watch out. War is not about who strong pass but they will both feel the damages

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by tiwiex(m): 2:40am On Jan 08, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

Your clearly don't understand foreign policy. Go look at that map. Iran doesn't exist in isolation. Saudi Arabi ran to Washington immediately to try and calm the situation but the harm had been done and Iran was gonna respond. If e know affect Saudi, dem for stay their country. The attack was unprovoked. The foreign minister was denied visa for a UN meeting in the US. I don't see how America can win this. Now, there is pressure from many middle east countries to send US home so they are not vulnerable. This is messy. Trump in his wildest dream didn't know what he was doing and didn't expect a retaliation of this scale. He is like a spoilt kid who thinks he can do anything and get away with it. They actually painted this scenario in the event he made the assassination move and he still did. Diplomacy first. Sadly, this was even unprovoked. A push too far indeed.

6 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by kelvindj98: 2:41am On Jan 08, 2020
nduchucks:
These missiles were simply fired for Iranian public consumption. A sort of face saving act towards the Iranians.

If there are American fatalities, then the Iranians should expect the wrath of Trumps. If there are no U S casualties, then the we all should breath a collective sigh of relief.

In the meantime let's use the impending windfall from oil proceeds wisely.
Yeah, I think this is exactly it. Iran didn''t want to look weak so it just fired some rockets to send a message.
Not hearing anything about any casualty. if it stays that way then we can close this chapter.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Sprumbaba: 2:41am On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.

What should people that experience world war 2 say? Go and check the pictures of London. Come home and enjoy Next Level.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by One4me: 2:41am On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Stay glued to Twitter.

Trump will say what next soon. Certain he will tweet anytime from now.

He will have no choice than to finish what he started. Am certain he will strike.

How will he explain the justification for already dead soldiers knowing Democrats will capitalize on it. It's election time! It's either you score or you flames

I agree with you, he is an egoist who thinks more about his "ego" than what is good for the country.
He will be so "Orange" right now, he could pose for a Get-Ready-To-Stop Traffic Light.
grin grin

Yes, he will Tweet the most angry words we have ever read, very soon.
He will order attacks on Iran but it will only go downhill for him, from there.

America will and can finnish Iran but it will be at an UNACCEPTABLE COST to American lives, that is what will make him lose the election.
We should also not forget that Iran has just too many Islamic Sympathisers all over the world and these smal-small groups will continually hit Americans and their interest, all over the world. One just happened in Kenya today, American soldiers and Equipment demolished.

You woudl expect that Iraq will support US in this fight but the last straw for them was when [b]Trump said he will destroy Iraq with Sanctions
, just because they said they ALL foreign forces, including the Americans and Iranians, should leave Iraq as they dont want them to turn their country into a battle field for proxy wars. Even the Nato allies were horrified to hear that!
Trump just showed in HOW MUCH CONTEMPT he holds the Iraqi people and government.

#Breaking: Pentagon meeting finished, President refused to issue any Comment, all officials have left!
Seems Trump is getting sober and facing reality?

It is always very dangerous to fight someone who has nothing to lose, someone like Iran.[/b]
i said so a few days ago.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:42am On Jan 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Me!!!!!!

I think u are mistaken me 4 another person....

.Besides I've been reading ur post of how u've been castigating the US believing that Iran will defeat them

You must have a problem with comprehension. How can I say Iran will defeat the US. My statements are not biased, it's just outrightly what's playing. This is warfare, every action has a reaction and nobody wins a war without massive casualties.

The reaction across the Middle East I was saying. Never said for once Iran has chances of defeating the US
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Etinosa1234: 2:42am On Jan 08, 2020
tiwiex:

Your clearly don't understand foreign policy. Go look at that map. Iran doesn't exist in isolation. Saudi Arabi ran to Washington immediately to try and calm the situation but the harm had been done and Iran was gonna respond. If e know affect Saudi, dem for stay their country. The attack was unprovoked. The foreign minister was denied visa for a UN meeting in the US. I don't see how America can win this. Now, there is pressure from many middle east countries to send US home so they are not vulnerable. This is messy. Trump in his wildest dream didn't know what he was doing and didn't expect a retaliation of this scale. He is like a spoilt kid who thinks he can do anything and get away with it. They actually painted this scenario in the event he made the assassination move and he still did. Diplomacy first. Sadly, this was even unprovoked. A push too far indeed.

U clearly didn't do any research

spoiling the word unprovoked anyhow

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by drI: 2:43am On Jan 08, 2020
Please lets all pray for our nation. Our president, media aide, minister of information and military personnel. God will give them the wisdom on how to handle the prevailing situation. Let them be quiet and talk only when necessary and with so much tact and wisdom. Let God not allow us get involved with a war that doesnt concern us. Amen.

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by CutieKing: 2:43am On Jan 08, 2020
For the record,
Americans dont care about wars because they know it cant get to them.
Everybody and everything is moving on as if nothing is happening but same cannot be said about Iran.
That's the difference.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Dybala11(m): 2:43am On Jan 08, 2020
One4me:

At times, Death is better than Disgrace!

It is called DIGNITY.
undecided undecided

BTW: US can kept mum on its own casualty figures while counting that of the local Iraqis!
They accepted they suffered casualty but because they dont want Americans to freak-out, they are keeping the fugure secret. grin grin
Emperor Hirohito surrendered after the second nuke strike, failure to do that would have led to the death of another hundreds of thousands of innocent Japanese. Meanwhile, I still do feel shaken to the backbone whenever I recall the picture of an incinerated 5 year old girl I saw, she was one of the numerous victims of the bombing
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by One4me: 2:44am On Jan 08, 2020
kelvindj98:

Yeah, I think this is exactly it. Iran didn''t want to look weak so it just fired some rockets to send a message.
Not hearing anything about any casualty. if it stays that way then we can close this chapter.

They are not Rockets!
American generals confirmed on CNN, that they were guided Missiles!
Rockets dont travel from Iran to Iraq and not miss their target because they are NOT GUIDED.
These are guided Missles and the intention was to let the Americans and their local supporters in the region, know that they will be hit, if they enable the American onslaught on Iran.

You be real Olodo!
Stay glued to what you know about ...defending ignorant female. Woman Wrapper. grin grin
You already said you were not interested in the ongoing US/Iran fight. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:47am On Jan 08, 2020
Sprumbaba:

Reporting live from Alagbole. Rubbish

Do you stay in the area you mentioned?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Drama In Sierra Leone As Corpse Walks To The House Of Ritualist That Killed Her / America To Force-implant Mark Of The Beast 666 In Citizens By March 2013

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.