Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets - Foreign Affairs (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (97653 Views)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Breaking : Iran Attacks US Airbase / Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by linearity: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
DAramis:
It is alleged that 3 bases has been hit. IF any US soldier is killed in these attacks, I strongly fear the next action Trump might take.

Just imagine taking out a fully fledged legitimate army general of a sovereign country because of alleged killing of a US contractor.

Iran design the launching of the Rockets Knockouts to ensure that no US personal were hit....am even sure they gave the US advance notice.

It was launched in the night when everyone was sleeping to limit human exposure and the casualties counts to US after Iran fired more than a dozen Knockouts into 3 US bases is zero.

Iran did this to safe face at home that, see....we retaliated....they know US is not going to response if their are no casualties...Remember Iran downed US drone a few months ago and since there were no casualties, the US let it go.

No one want war, including the US....but all these are just games by both sides and for the US defense contractors to sell their stockpiles of weapons.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by klax(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
[[s]quote author=Sterope post=85616366]I am not responsible for your lack of ability to research, read and understand information. Which of the above can you disapprove? But no, you continue to wallow in stockholm syndrome. Go and make your masters happy!

[/quote][/s]
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by chigoizie7(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
another efulefu spotted

Mtcheeeew. I do not have time for imbecilic morons.

Trump is now preaching peace after Iran attacked.

You think Iran was gonna be a walk over for US?
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Legendguru: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
Oh
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by airmark(m): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Over 30 US soldiers dead already. Trump not addressing the nation tonight.

Stocks lost 300 points instantly.

Oil prices went up swiftly.

Just glued to Twitter and waiting for Trump's tweet

I ain't sleeping till I get his tweet.

Now, who lied? Iran didn't want the smoke. Good for everyone, no more war, at least for now.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
cosmos1440:
For all its knowledge and wisdom, America continues to create more terrorists and enemies for itself.
It's not a matter of who is more powerful, its a matter of who is wrong and in this case America was wrong for starting this mess.
As for those who thinks it does not concern Nigeria, just see what Obama has turned Libya to, and how the anarchy in Libya had extended to the Sahel region including Nigeria.
God save us all

You are very thoughtful.

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by luluman: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
mactoni91:
U.S just created more problems for themselves
Hope you'll not crying genocide later when US starts operation gorilla dance on Iran.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by luluman: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
Biodun556:
Despite all U S flex.

Although Iran may suffer casualties, US mainland is not safe
Your opinion.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by luluman: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.
You can't eat your cake and have it. Live with it or come back home.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by luluman: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
N2B2:
Other presidents had the option to dispatch Soleimani, but they forewent it because US already had Iran in a good place.

Mr. Impeached could not seat still because new impeachment evidence against him was coming to light by the hour, so he went to do what he predicted in 2011 that Obama would do to get re-elected: declare war on Iran.

Iran is three times bigger than Iraq, and US spent more than a decade warring Iraq. Anyone who says It'll be easy to wipe out Iran must be eating a plate of half-fried akara with a can of Black Bullet.
You are so outdated and uninformed. If you use the old status of US in war times judge their ability now you better go back to school. Iran is NO MATCH one bit for US.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by luluman: 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
Koval12:
I expect Trump to react within the next 24 hours. He had promised to hit Iran so hard and fast should they retaliate. But that will be very foolish of him. Americans have more to lose if this crisis escalates beyond this.

Since there's no casualty, no American life was lost, I expect Trump not to strike back and de escalate this conflict. It's going to do the world a whole lot of good and Americans importantly.

NB: Putin might have just saved us from WWIII
All American allies are pissed with Trump because he didn't notify them before attacking Soleimani, China are now tactically backing Russian, and Russia is Iran's biggest ally.

It's a win win for Iran IMO
You just sit and think things will play out like you want? Prove your claims of China and Russia now.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by luluman: 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
chigoizie7:
Hmmmm

Some people think Iran will only be the ones with casualties?

US go hear am.

This is a war propelled by so many things, revenge, religion, etc.

Iranians so much loved the man that was openly assassinated. If they tell trump now to drop the evidence that the man killed is a terrorist, will he?

Trump perceived him as a terrorist and killed him, they have set a precedence that any citizen or government official of any country can be labeled anything and be killed anywhere in the world. because the world kept quiet to this. I am not saying that he is not a terrorist. Neither am I saying that Iran will win US. But we know US involvement in so many countries like Libya and other countries.just recently, we are hearing about their involvement in stopping the annihilating Boko Haram.

Iran cannot just go to war with US, ee get reason, ee get wetin de give them moral.

Onwee ife kaa Iran obi.
Dont be deceived, na only stubbornness of the arabs jor. The type way dey worry their brothers for Naija.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Horus(m): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOrcImeDey4

80 American were killed in attacks involving 22 missiles attack

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by najiswealth: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
What is good about naija that you miss, some of us are praying to come over there and escape this shithole with it's wahala and you are missing it. Nawa for youooo
coninse:
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by omoluka: 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
LyfeJennings:
This won't end well but I admire Iran's courage
If they loose, they still earn my respect
Kids on Nairaland don't get it, black Africans are cowards . I like US but i respect Iran, no be every country go de shake for US

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by samteebiz3: 1:16am On Jan 09, 2020
coninse:

I miss obodo Naija.

Oga no shaking! God dey ya side. God dey for ya back
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by slimdamatrix1(m): 7:12am On Jan 09, 2020
One4me:

There are American casualties already, it seems you are living in a cage in Sambissa and your news is coming to you WITH DELAY. grin grin
I am not in the White House but l am were l get privileged information.....relatively though. undecided undecided

Privileged information my ass
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by studentofTruth: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2020
persius555:

Let's hope it is not what we are thinking. If it is, then this would be the most foolish move ever.

Yea
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by studentofTruth: 9:00am On Jan 09, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Which equipment and men did they move.

I wonder where you guys get info from.

If you weren't keenly following the events in Iraq, I was because I'm involved in the financial markets.

A day before Iran's response, there's a news of an article from the U.S. military in Iraq informing the Iraq's PM of their troop's movements. The media initially misinterpreted it that the US was withdrawing their troops from Iraq, but Pentagon came out to clarify that it's only precautionary movement of their troops in anticipation of Iran's response.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by pacehood(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
One4me:

How many times are we going to say this?
Al-Assad BAse is in iraq, it is a US Airbase where American troops are HOUSED! The idea was to re-inforce the Iraqi not to chicken-out fo sending the american away, seeing that the americans have said they are now 'landlords'.

America also killed Iraqi PMF Leader in their attack on iranianSouleimani, at an iraqi Airport! America occupies Iraqi bases and have bene told to move out and they said "We are not going anywhere"!
Which one is more of a violation of Iraqi sovereingty?

well said but, the Iraqis will be the victim of the proxy war that's by point
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by placeofallure(f): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
K
coninse:

I miss obodo Naija.

May God keep you safe. In actual fact, nowhere is absolutely safe. The entire universe is in chaos.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by tck2000(m): 1:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
mactoni91:
U.S just created more problems for themselves
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by somtookeke(m): 8:54am On Jan 13, 2020
US reacts to latest rockets attacks on its Iraqi airbase by Iran

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/us-reacts-to-latest-rockets-attacks-on.html

Share, like, comment

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by somtookeke(m): 8:55am On Jan 13, 2020
US reacts to latest rockets attacks on its Iraqi airbase by Iran...

Share, like, comment

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by somtookeke(m): 8:55am On Jan 13, 2020
US reacts to latest rockets attacks on its Iraqi airbase by Iran

Share, like, comment

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Dybala11(m): 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Do you know countries backing up this militias.

Didn't US back up this militias at some point?

Militias you see backed up by Nations

This same guy killed fought with US soldiers against ISIS.
No sentiment, this is international politics bro, Iran and the US are not allies. Recall that the Soviet was an ally of Nazi Germany before the world war 2, even they were still in alliance with the Nazis when they invaded Poland. All hell only broke loose when Hitler invaded Stalingrad
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Dybala11(m): 12:26am On Jan 15, 2020
Sukueponmalu:
your mother must be regretting for giving birth to an asshole like you cheesy
She's not regretting right now and will never regret giving birth to me, cos I'm a blessing to her. I'm pretty sure your existence is a disgrace to yourself and humanity at large. A bottle of Sniper is enough to put you out of your misery though!
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Themandator: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Trapping:
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it, is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat, going after a diplomat and killing him publicly is a no-no and I believe the US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!

There is no nation unearth much less I'll trained and equipped Iran that can't even identify an aircraft that left their very own airport in less than thirty minutes and had to bring it down

Iran is not just a pushover but a walk in the park.

Like Hilary Clinton once said: America will erase Iran in any war confrontation, any time any day.

The fifth-largest navy on earth put together is not equal to the size of the us navy alone.

You can google that and it is the navy that is needed the most in of country battles before the airforce
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Themandator: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
Trapping:
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it, is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat, going after a diplomat and killing him publicly is a no-no and I believe the US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!

There is no nation on earth much less poorly trained and equipped Iranian security that can't even identify an aircraft that left their very own airport in less than thirty minutes and had to bring it down

Iran is not just a pushover but a walk in the park.

Like Hilary Clinton once said: America will erase Iran in any war confrontation, any time any day.

The fifth-largest navy on earth put together is not equal to the size of the us navy alone.

You can google that and it is the navy that is needed the most in of country battles before the airforce

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Drama In Sierra Leone As Corpse Walks To The House Of Ritualist That Killed Her / America To Force-implant Mark Of The Beast 666 In Citizens By March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.