Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead (45015 Views)

Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi / Iran Will Not Give Black Box From Crashed Ukrainian Airliner To Boeing / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 08, 2020
State TV reports that all passengers of the Boeing 737 plane heading to the Ukrainian capital Kiev were killed.

A Ukrainian airliner with 180 passengers and crew on board has crashed near Tehran's Imam Khomeini airport in Iran early on Wednesday.

Iran's state television said all those on board the airliner were killed.

According to the Iranian media, the Boeing 737-800 jet crashed near Parand, a suburb southwest of capital Tehran shortly after take-off.

Iran's Red Crescent earlier said there was no chance of finding survivors. Images posted on social media also indicated that there were no survivors.

According to Flighradar24 flight tracker, the Ukraine International Airline Flight 752 was scheduled to take off at 5:15am Tehran time heading to Boryspil International Airport in the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv.

The actual departure time was delayed for almost an hour at 6:12am.

A video posted by Iran's ISNA news agency showed a faint glow of light flickering in the dark shortly before a huge fireball was seen.

Photos posted online by ISNA also showed wreckage of the plane scattered all over the ground, as emergency personnel inspected the area.

"An investigation team from the national aviation department was dispatched to the location after the news was announced. We will give more reports in upcoming bulletins," Reza Jafarzadeh, spokesman of the Iranian Aviation Organisation told reporters in Tehran.

In a statement, Boeing said that it was "aware of the media reports" of the incident, and that it is "gathering more information."

The incident comes just hours after Iran launched a retaliatory attack on two US bases in Iraq.

The Boeing 737-800 is a very common single-aisle, twin-engine jetliner used for short to medium-range flights. Thousands of the planes are used by airlines around the world.

Introduced in the late 1990s, it is an older model than the Boeing 737 MAX, which has been grounded for nearly 10 months following two deadly crashes.

A number of 737-800 aircraft have been involved in deadly accidents over the years.

In March 2016, a FlyDubai 737-800 from Dubai crashed while trying to land at Rostov-on-Don airport in Russia, killing 62 onboard. Another 737-800 flight from Dubai, operated by Air India Express, crashed in May 2010 while trying to land in Mangalore, India, killing more than 150 onboard.

In recent years, Iran has seen several airline crashes.

In early 2019, a Boeing 707 military cargo plane crashed in bad weather west of the Iranian capital, killing 15 out of the 16 passengers.

In February 2018, an Iranian passenger plane with 65 people on board crashed during a flight from Tehran to Yasuj.

In 2014, an Antonov-140 type plane with 48 people on board crashed shortly after takeoff at Tehran's Mehrabad airport, leaving 39 people dead.
Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/ukrainian-airliner-crashes-tehran-iranian-media-200108032720868.html

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:03am On Jan 08, 2020
Not expected.

Knew their won't be any survival after how I saw it went into flames mid air, nosedived and exploded at impact.

Just having a very strong believe that Iran's defence system brought this plane down. Either by error or a system malfunction of the defence system.

https://twitter.com/AmirJulaie/status/1214771572139069441?s=09

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by ghettokid1(m): 6:04am On Jan 08, 2020
May their souls Rest In Peace.
It Is not God's plan
I pray we will never be a victim of plane crash nor Auto crash ijn.....

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by ghettokid1(m): 6:06am On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Not expected.

Knew their won't be any survival after how I saw it went into flames mid air, nosedived and exploded at impact.

May their soul rest in peace

8 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by madridguy(m): 6:08am On Jan 08, 2020
R.I.P

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by KingAzubuike(f): 6:09am On Jan 08, 2020
Just watch how these kids will jump into conclusion saying Iran is responsible for the incidence. Boeing has been horrible at taking lives for some years now. It's high time these companies switch to better planes like Airbus, Textron and dassault.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by ghettokid1(m): 6:12am On Jan 08, 2020
madridguy:
R.I.P
Thats all we can do as humans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Mokason28: 6:13am On Jan 08, 2020
I think it’s time to revisit michel nostradamus's prophecy.
Very sad...Ukraine flight leaving Iran crashing. It’s suspicious honestly

Let’s pray for peace Biko

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by ghettokid1(m): 6:13am On Jan 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Una too dey book space
Empress2020:
shocked
KingAzubuike:
Una too dey book space

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Mokason28: 6:14am On Jan 08, 2020
ghettokid1:

U too dey book space
I tot I was the only person who noticed dis terrible act of joblessness

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by ghettokid1(m): 6:16am On Jan 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how these kids will jump into conclusion saying Iran is responsible for the incidence.
before nko, who do you want us to blame?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by ghettokid1(m): 6:16am On Jan 08, 2020
Mokason28:

I tot I was the only person who noticed dis terrible act of joblessness
U are not the only one o,
They are just everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by madridguy(m): 6:20am On Jan 08, 2020
This is all we could do. Their families and love ones will do the crying and mourning. May God comfort them.

ghettokid1:

Thats all we can do as humans
Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Cletus77(m): 6:24am On Jan 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how these kids will jump into conclusion saying Iran is responsible for the incidence. Boeing has been horrible at taking lives for some years now. It's high time these companies switch to better planes like Airbus, Textron and dassault.

Am waiting for them too... they'll start throwing speculations...that was how one said US is responsible for the earthquakes in Iran

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by ichidodo: 6:41am On Jan 08, 2020
Iran's terrorist capabilities at play here which is targeting soft targets and civilians to push their agenda in this case here, Revenge in the short run and eliminate american influence in the Middle east in the long run...Unfortunately, this incident will churn out Russian dead...Will Putin sit and watch helplessly?..

8 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by grandiose4ever: 6:49am On Jan 08, 2020
Their defence system mistakenly brought it down. Now we need to know the countries represented on the manifesto to see if there would be any more trouble.

28 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:04am On Jan 08, 2020
Earthquake and now plane crash
Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Not expected.

Just having a very strong believe that Iran's defence system brought this plane down. Either by error or a system malfunction of the defence system.

https://twitter.com/AmirJulaie/status/1214771572139069441?s=09
That's what I was thinking too. It could be that they brought the plane down.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 08, 2020
Iran could be wiped out of the planet for this error made

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:
the plane was hit by missiles Iran launched. Check the videos

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Microwhy: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2020
Peace one Day..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by LindaUjuKen: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2020
This has nothing to do with the conflict going on in the Middle East,

It was a technical problems

8 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by zakim(m): 7:27am On Jan 08, 2020
cry cry
Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by SenecaTheYonger: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2020
ichidodo:
Iran's terrorist capabilities at play here which is targeting soft targets and civilians to push their agenda in this case here, Revenge in the short run and eliminate american influence in the Middle east in the long run...Unfortunately, this incident will churn out Russian dead...Will Putin sit and watch helplessly?..

Why target Ukraine? Makes no sense.

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2020
Buhari why na

4 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Godsonkemz(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2020
Omg..!!! Not again this year. May their souls RIP and bodies be found.

These crashes can be minimized if these flights are operated under a good weather condition and If we are to get it right, these old aircrafts including Boeing 737-800 should not be put to use.
Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by SenecaTheYonger: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2020
2kaybiel:
the plane was hit by missiles Iran launched. Check the videos

It wasn't hit by anything. That claim has been debunked.

17 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead by gaetano: 7:29am On Jan 08, 2020
I hope it's not what I think. If you people want to bring the war to Africa you guys better stop at northern Nigeria o

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Trapped A Snake With My Car Tyres / Burial Of Man, His Wife & 2 Kids Who Died In Accident (Photos) / Tokulo, FCT: Mining Gold, Eating Lizards, Pythons, Crocodiles, Rodents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.