Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

And I Thought Nigerian Web Developers Were Charging Too Low - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / And I Thought Nigerian Web Developers Were Charging Too Low (663 Views)

How To Use Your Laptop For 8 Hours Without Charging!! / 24/7 Power Bank For Laptop/Printer,Ipad/Phones. With SOLAR POWER CHARGING / Fueless Generators And Self Charging Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

And I Thought Nigerian Web Developers Were Charging Too Low by my2cents(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2007
wow,

So on my way back from running some errands yesterday, I ran into a sign on the roadside in my home town of Atlanta. It read, "Websites for $50". Of course, trust me cool, I immediately converted this amount into Naira and came up with the conservative figure of N6,000 (I like to assume N100 so that when I visit, I am not stranded grin).

Anyways, so I call the person, she picks up and we start talking. I ask for some of her sites to determine if I would go with her. She gave me her latest: http://www.thunderbirdsusa.net/ as well as others found on the "links" section of that site.

In my opinion, her work is worth more than $50 and I wonder why she charges so cheaply. I mean, how many sites will she have to do to fill up her tank (I currently pay $50 to fill mine for instance)? Granted she said she doesn't do any new work but works off of 5 templates she has already, still, $50 too small o! In fact, it should be a crime to charge that little. Having said all that, the capitalist in me says to let sleeping dogs lie. If that is what she wants to charge, so be it. That will in no way make me come down on my prices. As I often say, there is Okirika and there is Leventis.

So, to all my brethren and "sistren" developers out there, sorry for saying you charge so low as someone else, in America for that matter, has definitely taken the cake. Having said that, never ever sell yourselves short. It has been my experience that the more you charge, the more respect those clients who are willing to work with you will have for you.

As always, my 2 cents
Re: And I Thought Nigerian Web Developers Were Charging Too Low by Seun(m): 1:59am On May 29, 2007
You are advertising on her behalf, but pretending otherwise. I really really hate that. Moving to advert section.
Re: And I Thought Nigerian Web Developers Were Charging Too Low by my2cents(m): 2:16am On May 29, 2007
biko nu, e jo o. no advert o! Just relating my experiences to my brothers/sisters-in-arms. If possible, pls move back to webmaster section. If not, no ya wa.

(1) (Reply)

Dr Cupid In Da House / Get A Free Website With Every Domain Purchase. From N6000 / This Could Be What You Need To Succeed Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.