Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? (19253 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Making First Class / 192 JAMB Score: What Are My Chances Of Getting Admission With This UTME Score? / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by WeRblessed(f): 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2020
First class does not guarantee you a successful future. However, first class is good in a way of making you feel proud of yourself, that you answered all the question in your exam right. Pay attention in learning skills so that you will not go hungry in the future.

Why I'm I saying this? I have three cousins who graduated with first class ( private universities in Nigeria) that I am still feeding. They are now in their thirties ( way older than me), but they can't secure a job. It's been five years now and counting.

They have started learning skills with the hope of opening their own companies after they finished learning. One is learning furniture making, the other one is learning fashion and designs, and the youngest is learning how to sale building materials.

First class is good, but think fast because time waits for no one.

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Jaemes(m): 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
DexterousOne:

All I would advice you is this
In order not to get yourself heartbroken

Do your best
Do not relent

Put in all effort

BUT
Do not expect a first class
It will come to you

But if it does not
You accept it in good faith

Because if you are too expectant
And you pressure yourself

You will not get the first class
And you will be heart broken

But if you put in your best
And have an open mind
You just might clinch it

Good luck

Wallahi...i love this reply. Perfect and Simple

1 Like

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by vickydevoka(m): 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
U even score high my brother. De best guy in mechanical score 3.8 in second year. Buh isreal do wonder 3rd year 5.0, 4th year 4.92 n 5th year 5.0. Him even pass all de people way been de front 4.8, 4.7 for second year. Determination is de key. They guy no de go break after skul. We even name him habalist bcus he made impossible possible

2 Likes

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by wrose(m): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
WeRblessed:
First class does not guarantee you a successful future. However, first class is good in a way of making you feel proud of yourself, that you answered all the question in your exam right. Pay attention in learning skills so that you will not go hungry in the future.

Why I'm I saying this? I have three cousins who graduated with first class ( private universities in Nigeria) that I am still feeding. They are now in their thirties ( way older than me), but they can't secure a job. It's been five years now and counting.

They have started learning skills with the hope of opening their own companies after they finished learning. One is learning furniture making, the other one is learning fashion and designs, and the youngest is learning how to sale building materials.

Exactly!!!. Finishing with a first class is a very good thing. I would advice anyone both friend and foe to gun for a first class within their capability because truth be told, that's the primary reason for being in school, come out with great grades and secure a job. That's fine. But change is inevitable. Having a first class without self-development and great networking whist pursing a degree is more or less a fruitless effort.
The world has gone beyond what we know since we have google already to what we can give.
So op, u can still get a first class if u really work hard, but don't bank on first class to be ur gateway to success here in Nigeria.
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Raxxye(m): 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2020
hazan041:
Please dear nairalanders I need your dearly advice

Am a student from a university here in Nigeria, it happens that I got 3.39 as my first gp which makes me unhappy but I didn't allow it to depress me... So the following semester I got 4.75 and now out of 8 semesters in total.. Am done with 4 now and my cgp totals 4.26 ... I have four semesters left.. Can I make it to 4.5? And what gp do I need to keep for each semester left to achieve that.... Thank you

Note: Don't talk about how grade doesn't matter in my life, am quite aware too as am not even planning to work with the degree

You can calculate your chances better and more reliably if you know the number of courses that are to be done in those remaining 4 semesters and their total credit units. Compare them with the total number of credit units for the courses that you have done so far. I believe with hard work, you can attain a first class with the CGPA you have already
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by aariwa(m): 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
Its doable with determination
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Justmemyself1(m): 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
WeRblessed:

These cousins of yours, what did they study and get a first class in?
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Yankiss(m): 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2020
hazan041:

Level 1
first semester : total credit: 18
Second : total credit ;16
Level 2
First semester total credit; 27
Second semester total credit:26
Level 3
First semester total credit; 21
Second semester total credit: 16
Level 4
First semester total credit:14
Second semester total credit:12

And uptil the end of the 4th semester I don't av any carryover... Thank you

Good.
The outstanding credits if u make A in all will give you: (21 x5) + (16x5) + (14x5) + (12x5) = 315
Earlier four semesters will give : (4.26 x (18+16+27+26)) = 370.62
CPGA After passing all = (315+370.62)/(18+16+27+26+21+16+14+12) = 4.5708.

Yes, you can make a First Class. If u can send all the course units, eg. GST 317 3 units, etc, I will give u a breakdown of the most important ones and what exactly to score. You may not need an A in all, only the ones with high units. But aim for A in all, u can make it dear. Nothing do u!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by shakuur(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Better forget about that school you're wasting your time in and go and hustle. You're not planning to work with the degree and you're spending heavily on it. Money wey you go gather use do business..
you that you
are hustling, i hope you are
a billionaire sha. Because if you are one you won't have the time to come and type this nonsense.
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by paul100(m): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
forlexxy:

According to my calculations, u need nothing less than 4.74 each semester to make 4.5...
I'm also in a similar scenario but I can't make 1st class again.. But my gpa has been increasing 0.3 every semester.. I also have 4 semesters left, I've done 6 semesters. I've had 2.0 and 2.95 in the past but its all over now.. Having 5 dot is not hard. The mindset I have is I can't lose more than 30 marks after preparing well for a course and i don't have any other job apart from being a student.... And the people that are saying school na scam wouldn't mind if they have first class..
Goodluck bro
Please if it was 6 semesters remaining with that cgpa Op wrote.What should i get for the remaining 6 semester to get first class
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Ultimatesammie(m): 7:22am On Jan 16, 2020
Snowale:
What is this one saying, do you think everything in life is always about money, multimillionaires out there are going back to school, Davido also went back to school, Olusegun Obasanjo also went for his degree, Even professors that have reached the highest post in their Faculties goes back to school to have more knowledge and qualifications, you think all those I mentioned haven't made it in life.

O.P will graduate with first class, he will get a well well paying Job, that can return all the money he had spent in school in less than 2 years, he will also save a lot of money, start a big business and surpass you in whatever business you ventured in
In as much as credentials has its importance if its about gaining knowledge, we are in the information age it's easy to gain access to so many info without school.
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Yankiss(m): 10:22am On Jan 16, 2020
WeRblessed:

Good.
The outstanding credits if u make A in all will give you: (21 x5) + (16x5) + (14x5) + (12x5) = 315

Yes, you can make a First Class. If u can send all the course units, eg. GST 317 3 units, etc, I will give u a breakdown of the most important ones and what exactly to score. You may not need an A in all, only the ones with high units. But aim for A in all, u can make it dear. Nothing do u!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Yankiss(m): 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
hazan041:

Am a student from a university here in Nigeria, it happens that I got 3.39 as my first gp which makes me unhappy but I didn't allow it to depress me... So the following semester I got 4.75 and now out of 8 semesters in total.. Am done with 4 now and my cgp totals 4.26 ... I have four semesters left.. Can I make it to 4.5? And what gp do I need to keep for each semester left to achieve that.... Thank you

Note: Don't talk about how grade doesn't matter in my life, am quite aware too as am not even planning to work with the degree
Good.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
DexterousOne:

All I would advice you is this
In order not to get yourself heartbroken

Do your best
Do not relent

Put in all effort

BUT
Do not expect a first class
It will come to you

But if it does not
You accept it in good faith

Because if you are too expectant
And you pressure yourself

You will not get the first class
And you will be heart broken

But if you put in your best
And have an open mind
You just might clinch it

Good luck

Well said.
That's how I got mine, but no job yet
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by DexterousOne(m): 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
enejivic:

Well said.
That's how I got mine, but no job yet

It's step by step

Keep trying and you will get a job

Btw
You mind telling me what you studied?
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by WeRblessed(f): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Justmemyself1:

These cousins of yours, what did they study and get a first class in?

One studies business administration, one studied Petrochemical engineering, and the younger one studies computer science.
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
DexterousOne:

It's step by step

Keep trying and you will get a job

Btw
You mind telling me what you studied?

I studied Civil Engineering sir
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by TheCOOLEST(m): 10:57am On Jan 28, 2020
Olivyabrown:

This is impossible.
2-2 @ d end of 1st year I meant. He geared up from his 2nd year, he wrote about 3 5dots. I don't expect you to believe
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Nagini: 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please I am currently on a CGPA of 3.95 and awaiting second semester 300l results I'm currently doing 400l first semester, what are my chances of graduating with a first class..
Re: What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? by Oyinladephilip(m): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2021
hazan041:

4.26?...

Let's calculate what you'll need to make first class

[(4.26 × 4) + (4 × x)] / 8 = 4.5
17.04 + 4x = 4.5 × 8
17.04 + 4x = 36
4x = 36 - 17.04
4x = 18.96
x = 18.96/4
x = 4.74

You have to make at least 4.74 in each of the remaining semesters

Goodluck �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun State University Admission Process And The Fee It Secret / Obafemi Awolowo University OAU 2016/2017 DE Aspirants / Live Protest In FUTO Owerri Over Wi-Fi Fee (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.