Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1106597 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fatsonm: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
9cguy:
Good morning house. Please I have some questions.

1. About Filling the Visa form Category A: one of the requirement is that...

holding a bachelor's degree with a grade of 1. Class ONLY issued AFTER January 1st, 2018 and being accepted for a master's degree (also a DSH course-related admission to the master's program) or PhD study in Germany.

The 1.Class, does it mean one's CGPA after been converted into Germany grading scale must be between 1.0-1.99(not up to 2.0) or one's graduating grade in Nigeria must just be a 1st class result?

2. Has anyone had his/her Interview in in Abuja Embassy (Master) before? Cus it was written on the website that Abuja Embassy is only for Masters and PhD Visa processing.

�First question not answered yet.. ...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Richmondoau(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
You don't need letter from the embassy. What you need is your rejection letter.
Lakkyjay:
Please guys how do I get a letter at the embassy to effect a refund of my blocked account.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sundaaaaay: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
Prove me wrong bro, I have three admissions from UK universities last year. That money is the reason I changed my mind. The money 9,052 pounds have to be in your naira account for one month, and u have to apply for visa less than a week after u print out the account statement.
This is from experience. Try to get ur facts right before misleading people.
And apart from this money, if u made part payment of ur Tuition,u have to block the balance that completes the rest in ur naira account in addition to that 9,052 pounds for a month before u can even apply for visa.
No go allow agent give u wrong information. Do research yourself. Peace
justwise:

That is not true.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
Sundaaaaay:
Prove me wrong bro, I have three admissions from UK universities last year. That money is the reason I changed my mind. The money 9,052 pounds have to be in your naira account for one month, and u have to apply for visa less than a week after u print out the account statement.
This is from experience. Try to get ur face right before misleading people.
And apart from this money, if u made part payment in Ur, u have to block the rest in ur naira account with that 9,052 for a month before u can even apply for visa.
quote author=justwise post=90618458]

That is not true.
You are too much

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
Sundaaaaay:
This is from experience. Try to get ur facts right before misleading people.
And apart from this money, if u made part payment of ur Tuition,u have to block the balance that completes the rest in ur naira account in addition to that 9,052 pounds for a month before u can even apply for visa.

You are talking about something completely different, your previous statement about the maintenance money is false, that was what i highlighted and wrote: That is not true.

What you wrote here simply means that you could not afford to study in the UK and you changed your mind for Germany because its free tuition fees.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by victor5996: 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

A lot of materials have been shared here already, only if the system changes one can easily read this thread and have a successful application

We should be able to do something about the system if we can cooperate
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
fatsonm:

�First question not answered yet.. ...
For the First question the embassy never ask for your GPA or ask you for the conversion to German grade, they look at your BSc certificate and conclude. Your transcript has to correlate with what class you graduated with. so it is first class, Second class upper and not the German grading system. Conversion to German grade is if you are applying to German schools, The embassy uses our grading system, same is applicable to Ghana also.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ope4Christ: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
justwise:

You are talking about something completely different, your previous statement about the maintenance money is false, that was what i highlighted and wrote: That is not true.

What you wrote here simply means that you could not afford to study in the UK and you changed your mind for Germany because its free tuition fees.

You kept going back and forth with your arguments. You highlighted a portion of my write-up where I wrote WHEN YOU HAVE THE MONEY. You tagged it "classic case of misinformation at its best". But now, you agreed with the monetary conditions before UK Tier4 Visa can be granted. Why?

If you don't have enough money that can take care of your tuition fees (£9,250 - £38,000 annually: depending on your course of study) and upkeep (£1,000 monthly) for a minimun of one year; don't think of UK. But if you have the money, your Visa would be approved easily. This is why it is difficult to get their Visa without money.

How many average Nigerian students can afford tuition fees in UK compared with Germany which is lesser?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justwise(m): 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ope4Christ:

You kept going back and forth with your arguments. You highlighted a portion of my write-up where I wrote WHEN YOU HAVE THE MONEY. You tagged it "classic case of misinformation at its best". But now, you agreed with the monetary conditions before UK Tier4 Visa can be granted. Why?

If you don't have enough money that can take care of your tuition fees (£9,250 - £38,000 annually: depending on your course of study) and upkeep (£1,000 monthly) for a minimun of one year; don't think of UK. But if you have the money, your Visa would be approved easily.

How many average Nigerian students can afford tuition fees in UK compared with Germany which is lesser?

I keep coming back to this because of the level of misinform you put out here, the maintenance money is not for one year, its for 9 months and that money is for the student to use for things like rent, bills, feeding and transport.

Unless you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge no student pays £38,000 a year for tuition fees

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Blake250: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
bamideledorcas:

I got a mail for admission test (bachelor degree) please anyone that has done it before or has idea of the questions they ask
hello, my good NL,I applied for Chemical Engineering at the university of applied science steinfurt and ULM in Feb and march respectively, but haven't heard from them till now, is there any one that applied too and has gotten admission or still waiting for admission letter to drop like me.if they are abeg mk we rub mind together
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sundaaaaay: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
No, read it again, I had enough money to pay my tuition fees, It’s the maintenance fee of 9052 pounds that I have to put in my account for a month that put me off.
This thing doesn’t need arguments, it’s something u can easily check for yourself online or call the school to confirm this, unless u are an agent that just do this in order to recruit students. If not, this platform is for everyone to learn , not just to argue for arguing sake.
If u still insist it’s wrong, I will go through my mail and Screenshots all the visa requirements ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY IN SCOTLAND SENT TO ME IN ORDER to be able to get UK VISA.

PS: the maintenance fees is even cheaper in Scotland, it’s higher in some places in LONDON.
Please try to confirm all this before telling me I’m wrong.
Won’t reply u again after this.
Take it or leave it ....PEACE
justwise:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sundaaaaay: 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
No need to argue with him again, he should just go ahead and do what he wants, because I don’t even understand his point again after all this information that have been provided here.
Ope4Christ:

If you don't have enough money that can take care of your tuition fees (£9,250 - £38,000 annually: depending on your course of study) and upkeep (£1,000 monthly) for a minimun of one year; don't think of UK. But if you have the money, your Visa would be approved easily. This is why it is difficult to get their Visa without money.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justwise(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
Sundaaaaay:
No, read it again, I had enough money to pay my tuition fees, It’s the maintenance fee of 9052 pounds that I have to put in my account for a month that put me off.
This thing doesn’t need arguments, it’s something u can easily check for yourself online or call the school to confirm this, unless u are an agent that just do this in order to recruit students. If not, this platform is for everyone to learn , not just to argue for arguing sake.
If u still insist it’s wrong, I will go through my mail and Screenshots all the visa requirements ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY IN SCOTLAND SENT TO ME IN ORDER to be able to get UK VISA.

PS: the maintenance fees is even cheaper in Scotland, it’s higher in some places in LONDON.
Please try to confirm all this before telling me I’m wrong.
Won’t reply u again after this.
Take it or leave it ....PEACE

You are uninformed and lack the ability to read and understand. Suggesting that i may be an agent is just ridiculous to say the least.

Are you new in this section?

Yes you could not afford to study in the UK because the maintenance money is part of financial requirement and not just having fees alone.

The maintenance money is the same for any school in London and less for schools outside London, its 28days and not a month but should available to you even in the UK.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ope4Christ: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
Sundaaaaay:
No need to argue with him again, he should just go ahead and do what he wants, because I don’t even understand his point again after all this information that have been provided here.

Thanks.

We have done our part. It is left for prospective students to do their investigations properly before thinking of UK.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sundaaaaay: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thanks.

May peace And blessings of God be upon Us.
Take care sir
justwise:

You are uninformed and lack the ability to read and understand. Suggesting that i may be an agent is just ridiculous to say the least.

Are you new in this section?

Yes you could not afford to study in the UK because the maintenance money is part of financial requirement and not just having fees alone.

The maintenance money is the same for any school in London and less for schools outside London, its 28days and not a month but should available to you even in the UK.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ajeleseujn(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
Can someone please explain this bolded part clearly?

From 1 July 2020, the exceptions to the EU entry restrictions are to be extended as follows:

EU citizens, citizens from countries associated with Schengen (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), citizens from the UK and third-country
nationals entitled to reside in the EU and their respective family members shall be allowed to enter the country, regardless of whether they are returning to their place of residence.

The categories for third-country nationals with so-called “essential functions or needs” are to be extended by including:

third-country nationals entering for the purpose of study

qualified professionals from third countries provided that their employment is necessary from an economic point of view and that their work cannot be postponed or carried out from abroad.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Light2020: 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
This means students can travel into the EU from July 1st.

It’s just remains for the German Embassy here to open!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sanmiosanmi: 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Please house, the school I applied for is requesting for hardcopy of my documents. I don't no if DHL is working during this period and any idea of the price? Germany is my destination pls..thanks in advance.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hiro2(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
Sanmiosanmi:
Please house, the school I applied for is requesting for hardcopy of my documents. I don't no if DHL is working during this period and any idea of the price? Germany is my destination pls..thanks in advance.

DHL is active.
Price range should be around 20-26k max.
They do give student price (once you tell them you're sending to a University there).

Success.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by 100Paul: 12:59am On Jun 14, 2020
Anyone with AL into Otto-von-guerick University of Magdeburg like me?
Please inbox me, let's rub minds!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Pamilerin17: 3:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Kemi08:
I sent you a message request. Please confirm how long it took uni-assist to send you the VPD. I'm just concerned whether they will send the VPD before TUM application closes.

I sent you an email. I don’t know if you received it
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Pamilerin17: 3:35am On Jun 14, 2020
Sanmiosanmi:

It’s around 30k... I sent mine 29,500 or so

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sanmiosanmi: 6:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Hiro2:

DHL is active.
Price range should be around 20-26k max.
They do give student price (once you tell them you're sending to a University there).

Success.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sanmiosanmi: 6:05am On Jun 14, 2020
Pamilerin17:

It’s around 30k... I sent mine 29,500 or so
. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by willijot(m): 9:20am On Jun 14, 2020
100Paul:
Anyone with AL into Otto-von-guerick University of Magdeburg like me?
Please inbox me, let's rub minds!

Congratulations bro..
What course bro and when did you submit your documents?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Derring: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Pls guys help out, planning to give Germany a trial, for category A; the grade 1 dy meant is it first class only or? Which range!?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ge0grapher(m): 10:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Ope4Christ:

Thanks.

We have done our part. It is left for prospective students to do their investigations properly before thinking of UK.

Does this rule apply to someone on scholarship??

I mean if it is a fully funded scholarship... Will the embassy require additional personal fund before granting the VISA??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2020
smiley marking register
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Derring:
Pls guys help out, planning to give Germany a trial, for category A; the grade 1 dy meant is it first class only or? Which range!?

It's first class Niyen oh. Had it been it was last year you'll see 2.1 and above oh.

Vo here no know how to grade your gpa in German scale let alone set that for the template to use for hundreds of applicants
You can read more here ooohh!!

clintonsparkz:
For the First question the embassy never ask for your GPA or ask you for the conversion to German grade, they look at your BSc certificate and conclude. Your transcript has to correlate with what class you graduated with. so it is first class, Second class upper and not the German grading system. Conversion to German grade is if you are applying to German schools, The embassy uses our grading system, same is applicable to Ghana also.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ope4Christ: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
Ge0grapher:

Does this rule apply to someone on scholarship??

I mean if it is a fully funded scholarship... Will the embassy require additional personal fund before granting the VISA??

No.

Fully funded scholarship has already taken care of all financial requirements. Just be prayerful, get necessary documents and do the medical test. Then you are good to go. Get further information from the embassy's website.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ope4Christ:

No.

Fully funded scholarship has already taken care of all financial requirements. Just be prayerful, get necessary documents and do the medical test. Then you are good to go. Get further information from the embassy's website.

All the best.

Sorry. Is this medical test concerned with German Student VISA or what.
I haven't heard that. Could it be an update or something?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Gboye123:

Sorry. Is this medical test concerned with German Student VISA or what.
I haven't heard that. Could it be an update or something?
No! It's for UK

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Xoxyl(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.