Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1105659 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Somstevee: 11:30am On Jul 17, 2020
Travel transcript.

Obtaining a first class degree in biochemistry and graduating as one of the best in the class of 2017 Chukwemeka Odumegwu motivated me towards searching for a greener pasture abroad.

At first I thought it was all about having a good result, but experiences have made me realize that, although good results can give u an edge towards achieving your goal, they are not close to being the ultimate requirement.

I did my first application in 2018, to Australian universities using a study agent, was able to get two admission with both 50percent scholarship.

I lost interest in them cos the remaining 50 percent I was to pay was above 8 million naira.

Fast forward to 2019, I did several applications to US universities, got 3 admission letters with it one scholarship of about 75 percent but was denied visa twice on weekly interval.
Was depressed, local man wanted to give up.

On march, 2019 after US visa denial even on scholarship, I had to think about Germany.
My first application to Germany, was to three schools, I got only one admission that year for winter semester at Rhein Waal, received two rejection letters. I was happy cos one admission letter is enof to get me a visa.
I applied for visa, no interview date...
I was demoralised.
Early 2019 bleeped me up.

I started my admission/scholarship hunt with no preference to a particular country.

I applied to any country I see a notification of their scholarship on my mail with most of my applications going to UK and Germany.

I got a total of above 20 admission letters in UK with some of part scholarships attached, 7 admission letters in Germany ( got three admission letters for winter 2020 even when I applied for summer�) I received an offer in China, Saudi Arabia n Italy.

I had to go with my Germany cos of the free tuition.

I applied for an interview date for summer in August 16 2019, waited for 3 months, got my visa interview date on 31 December 2019.

I was meant to be interviewed on Feb 4 2020, I prepared wella,got to the German embassy dat day, they said they they don't have light, that all interview dat day re cancel and automatically fixed to the next day depending on an individual consent.
That was when I know dat village people dy ves�.

A whole German embassy Lagos doesn't have light, the first to have been witnesses for over 7yrs of their existence here.

I left, came bk the next day,on 5th ready on pouring my longed crammed practiced interview transcripts from others.� But luckily for her, my interview was not up to 5 mins.

I left with full conviction that visa is certain.

Fast forward to 3rd march, which coming bk from Frau Jennifer's Deutsch class, I got my Am.
Sent my doc n passport on 5th, got my visa on 11th march, all in my birth month�, but my visum stamp came with 18th march as the date it started.
Meaning that I cannot come to Germany unless it is 18th of march.

I booked my flight to travel by 18th march, came to Lagos on 16 to fly on 18, Germany lucked up on 17th marc.

Ever since den, I have been stucked in Lagos and watching my hard earned visa expire in my presence while I do nothing.
I waited for 3 months and 18 days until on Monday dis week when I have decided to take a bold step.

I have seen many people give reasons why you I can't enter Germany now because of the pandemic and some said Nigerians are not allowed to come in forgetting that students are expemted.

I was looking for that one person to give me reasons why I should look for a way n get out of this country but couldn't.

I got an information that Cotonou airport has been functional with out any form of lockdown ever since the conception of the lock down.

I looked for a way to confirm the info, and on validating it, I had to go to Cotonou by fire by force

I booked my ticket, to travel on 8tg, being yesterday.
Just arrived here today, and I was not convinced yet until I had to enter the wrong train to my house n spend another money...�

I have been a silent observer of this group n read everything going on here, but I find it difficult to talk cos much information are circulating dat we find it difficult to know the right one..

Wen I was checked in today in Frankfurt by immigration, I had to come back to the officer to ask him if it is only the stamp dat I require cos I was afraid to a point that students are not allowed to come in, but it is a lie.

As a student, if u can get a good letter from your school indicating that your presence is needed, u re good to go, or an enrollment letter can do.

PS. This transcript was not originally addressed to nairalanders
I am not stepping on anyone's toes, I apologize if I used the wrong choice of word, typographical errors,made the write up lengthy or took much of ur time, I just felt that some one might need it....

If you have any questions on my little epistle, feel free to ask, if not, I will take my leave after tonight for others in the waiting room to be added...
Thanks to u all...

Note:. 99.9% of the passengers I saw in Cotonou yesterday are Nigerians

I wrote this transcript since last week...
I forgot to post it here where I started...
Tut mir leid

7 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ilmagnifico: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2020
Question however is, what do u do after u obtain either the enrolment letter or d letter indicating ur presence is needed at the school?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Somstevee: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2020
I used it for immigration officers in Frankfurt..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ge0grapher(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
Brothers and Sisters, Cotonu it is !!! cheesy grin
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dollypeeee: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ge0grapher:

Give us the breakdown...what's going on ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kpibeojo: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ge0grapher:

Please give us the procedure.
Thanks for your response
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
GreatMage:

Enrollment deadline:
Deadline for enrolling the course; accepting your place in the department...

Application deadline:
Deadline for applying to a course!

Thank you very much Greatmage please do u know what happens to an intl student when he missed it but still get the students visa, will the immigration allow me in at Port of entry?

And secondly like am going for winter 2020 and the embassy isn't still open, can the embassy still grant me visa knowing fully that am gonna miss my enrollment deadline? Pls I need your help
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UltimateTipster(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
ilmagnifico:
Question however is, what do u do after u obtain either the enrolment letter or d letter indicating ur presence is needed at the school?

Can we link up and discuss more bro

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ilmagnifico: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
UltimateTipster:

Can we link up and discuss more bro
Sure
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
So i spoke to a travel agent today and she said the International Fligth may resume in August.. Let's keep waiting
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ge0grapher:

Please what is happening in Cotonou?? Am on this Cotonou table
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
Anyone here going to Universität Regensburg in Bavaria?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
ghettonews:

Thank you very much Greatmage please do u know what happens to an intl student when he missed it but still get the students visa, will the immigration allow me in at Port of entry?

And secondly like am going for winter 2020 and the embassy isn't still open, can the embassy still grant me visa knowing fully that am gonna miss my enrollment deadline? Pls I need your help

I think enrollment deadline is the period between when you get the Admission letter and when you send them and Acceptance letter and pay, the Semester fees.. It doesn't have anything to do with ur arrival in Deutschland... But Consulate nay prevent you fron getting Visa if the deadline for Registration on Campus has closed. Ie in University of Lagos. Freshers have 1 month to do registration and pay fees.. Then after two months it becomes late registration then you pay additional 10,000 for late registration. But in dis case Consulate may prevent you because they assume you ve missed lots of class work...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by quille11: 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ykhgu1:
Anyone here going to Universität Regensburg in Bavaria?

I am here
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by temibanks(m): 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Does anyone have an idea of any German school that still have it's application period open for winter semester.

PS: I have researched on this, just looking for further options.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ykhgu1:
So i spoke to a travel agent today and she said the International Fligth may resume in August.. Let's keep waiting

Is the agent minister of aviation? or minister of health?

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jaynyra(m): 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
News Ticker
July 16th, 2020

+++GERMANY: Updates from the Federal Foreign Office on Current Student Visa Particularities in Germany+++
If you want to receive your student visa for Germany it is currently necessary to hand in a proof during the visa procedure that the studies cannot be completed abroad. This should be submitted as a document, if necessary also in the form of an e-mail, from the respective university. In addition to the usual notification of admission, the university must now confirm that the student’s presence in Germany is required, and from when. In general, the final processing of student visa applications is now once again possible everywhere. However, the corona situation is different in many countries, so this also affects the work of some visa offices, and unfortunately, there may still be restrictions in the services offered by visa offices. Wherever possible, student visas are already being issued again (e.g. in China, where the demand is quite high). Language students can only o enter the country if they want to attend a preparatory language course for their studies and already have an admission from a German university. Participants of an “isolated” language course are unfortunately not yet allowed to enter. Furthermore, it is important that the quarantine regulations of the respective federal states are observed in parallel with the entry restrictions and their exceptions. When entering from a risk area designated by the RKI, a quarantine is generally required first.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
Am just coming back from Cotonou now, the resident permit is not easy at all, if any of your parent is not a Benin its not possible, if you are not working in Benin its not possible, if you didn't school in Benin its not possible. I will snap the form for you guys to see.

And that road is hell, all my body aches me, na inside bush you go pass

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2020
Jaynyra:
News Ticker
July 16th, 2020

+++GERMANY: Updates from the Federal Foreign Office on Current Student Visa Particularities in Germany+++
If you want to receive your student visa for Germany it is currently necessary to hand in a proof during the visa procedure that the studies cannot be completed abroad. This should be submitted as a document, if necessary also in the form of an e-mail, from the respective university. In addition to the usual notification of admission, the university must now confirm that the student’s presence in Germany is required, and from when. In general, the final processing of student visa applications is now once again possible everywhere. However, the corona situation is different in many countries, so this also affects the work of some visa offices, and unfortunately, there may still be restrictions in the services offered by visa offices. Wherever possible, student visas are already being issued again (e.g. in China, where the demand is quite high). Language students can only o enter the country if they want to attend a preparatory language course for their studies and already have an admission from a German university. Participants of an “isolated” language course are unfortunately not yet allowed to enter. Furthermore, it is important that the quarantine regulations of the respective federal states are observed in parallel with the entry restrictions and their exceptions. When entering from a risk area designated by the RKI, a quarantine is generally required first.
Can we just stop all this news already and just wait for German embassy in Nigeria to start issuing AD. All this news are no longer needed. They only end up giving a hopeless hope. Let's Just watch and pray that German embassy here in lagos starts giving students AD.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
temibanks:
Does anyone have an idea of any German school that still have it's application period open for winter semester.

PS: I have researched on this, just looking for further options.
Can you post the one you've researched pls
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Finiks: 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Paul94:

Please came we connect more. I'd like to ask few questions

I just sent you a mail.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by glucklichewelt: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
[quote author=Somstevee post=91803654]Travel transcript.

Obtaining a first class degree in biochemistry and graduating as one of the best in the class of 2017 Chukwemeka Odumegwu motivated me towards searching for a greener pasture abroad.

Hi please I sent you a dm, kindly respond. Thanks

Congratulations! Go to Deutschland and succeed!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
Stiflersammy:
Am just coming back from Cotonou now, the resident permit is not easy at all, if any of your parent is not a Benin its not possible, if you are not working in Benin its not possible, if you didn't school in Benin its not possible. I will snap the form for you guys to see.

Ehya
Sorry bro

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Geophillic: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
Can someone use ivory coast....
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Pamilerin17: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Armstrong34:

I think it's high time we take a closer look at cheaper countries in the Schengen and EU region

The honest truth which we Nigerians hate hearing is ....German Student visa won't be made available for all...

Buh if you so desire to be in Germany, instead of wasting time waiting for appointment date and keep trying and trying...why not take a shot to Poland, Estonia,Lithuania,Czech and other cheaper Eu countries...

Then immediately after getting their students visa and changing it into a residence permit ...

You can apply for a German study visa from there...which is so very easy and stress free unlike applying here from Nigeria as a third world national..

Please don't waste your Time waiting and hoping on Germany....That's the harsh truth which we Nigerians hate to hear...

Even if they give out appointment dates,it won't even go round and mostly get to their most preferred CAT A....

A word is enough for the wise...Stop wasting your youthful age waiting and hoping for a German study visa....Time is going....

For those who cannot afford to go through other schegen countries because of budget...

Instead of waiting for the German Embassy in Nigeria.....

You can try and go in search of residence permit in other African countries like Kenya,Ethiopia, ivory coast, Cotonou and apply to their German Embassy from there....

The time u would waste over here waiting for AD is almost equivalent to the time u would spend there for the residence permit buh it is a gainful venture(AD readily available in those countries) than waiting in uncertainty for German Embassy in Nigeria to give u visa..

You can hate me for saying the truth buh how long would u still keep giving yourself false hopes...u might say a patient dog eat the fastest bone or it pays to have faith...

Buh use your brain....it's good to have faith buh looking at the possibility ahead...it's so so slim from Nigeria here...

Don't misquote, misunderstand or misinterpret me on this....

Would the German Embassy still give Appointment dates and Visa ....The answer still remains YES

Buh the ratio of the people waiting for this visas and the visas and slots that has been allocated are not close to been equal....

Just like saying over 3000 students fighting and scrambling for just 200 students visas....

And these Embassies per country have yearly target of visas/slots they were instructed to give out by their own country

So the waka has totally turned to a Try your Luck venture like the USA visas package.

Please make and have a plan B .....or some people would have eternal regrets for waiting and depending totally for a German students visa

The Rich knows the value of TIME that's why they always try to Buy TIME with their money...

TIME lost in life can never be regained

While the poor prefers waiting,hoping and waiting until tins works in their favour.

We should always learn to be truthful ourselves for our own good and try to read the handwriting on the wall and not be sentimental about the harsh reality

Don't just stay and wait .....MAKE A MOVE NOW!!!!!!

This your post isn’t just it for me... It okay to advise people on other countries they should apply for, but I don’t think you need to write all these just to make someone sitted in the corners of his/her house not even see the light at the end of the tunnel ... At this stage majority of people really need words of Hope. Don’t make people feel they are wasting their time. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Strydermanz(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
[quote author=glucklichewelt post=91820477][/quote] why not try Ireland maters a d Canada PR
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 2:19am On Jul 18, 2020
quille11:

I am here

What Course?? Nice to meet you my sister is resuming there. Let's hook up okerekenicholas@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 2:21am On Jul 18, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Is the agent minister of aviation? or minister of health?

Hmmmmm well The Airlines have opened bookings foe September and August so she may right...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mboyo: 5:46am On Jul 18, 2020
Bayreuth sent me the said documents to hold along when going to the embassy for interview. I urge everyone who has an admission to request this from his/her school, and if you're already being given, never forget to hold it along!

Jaynyra:
News Ticker
July 16th, 2020

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mboyo: 5:49am On Jul 18, 2020
I graduated from Benin in 2019, I have the resident permit and other documents to prove, but trust me I'll advice yall to be patient and not looking up and down for ways to short cut. I'm sticking to going through Lag embassy when it opens. Same way my younger ones did and they both in DE already.

Stiflersammy:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 7:16am On Jul 18, 2020
Ykhgu1:

I think enrollment deadline is the period between when you get the Admission letter and when you send them and Acceptance letter and pay, the Semester fees.. It doesn't have anything to do with ur arrival in Deutschland... But Consulate nay prevent you fron getting Visa if the deadline for Registration on Campus has closed. Ie in University of Lagos. Freshers have 1 month to do registration and pay fees.. Then after two months it becomes late registration then you pay additional 10,000 for late registration. But in dis case Consulate may prevent you because they assume you ve missed lots of class work...

Ok thanks but what do u plan to do now that the embassy isn't open, which of course means we all are going to miss our enrollment deadlines, enrollment deadline in Germany is oct but was later shifted to Nov, and visa processing time in Nigeria takes about 3months and in some cases 4months

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (707) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Godofpossibility(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.