Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1106953 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
ghettonews:

But I will need to show them proof, that's what they said, like my flight ticket or visa, but I explained to them about interrupted electricity power supply and poor internet connection in my country and I hope they will help.

But bro what course did u applied for

Hmmmmmm they want to tell "Arm Robber to do monthly contribution be dat (Ajo) " A Yoruba proverb.

You don't have Visa. You don't have Flight Tickets. Then resume classes online. They can't help you.

For me i applied to several courses, yet to make up my mind on which to study. Most likely Environmental Management. No be course of study dey worry me naaaa Visa.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TemmyObiajulum: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
There is no reason for you to lie about your flight ticket if you don't even have a visa. If your university says your presence isnt needed then don't push it.

If due to some loopholes such as bad network and unstable electricity you can't attend to classes online, check if it's possible yo defer your admission.

ghettonews:

But I will need to show them proof, that's what they said, like my flight ticket or visa, but I explained to them about interrupted electricity power supply and poor internet connection in my country and I hope they will help.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
ghettonews:

See just apply to another or different schools and different courses so u would have option of picking one that requires your presence. This your school na bad market or should I say maybe the course u applied for.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kizzygentle:

See just apply to another or different schools and different courses so u would have option of picking one that requires your presence. This your school na bad market or should I say maybe the course u applied for.

But I can't be able to apply for sch now and meet up for winter
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
TemmyObiajulum:
There is no reason for you to lie about your flight ticket if you don't even have a visa. If your university says your presence isnt needed then don't push it.

If due to some loopholes such as bad network and unstable electricity you can't attend to classes online, check if it's possible yo defer your admission.

What do u mean differ my admission, I don't understand that, can I ask the sch to change the course of study to the one that requires my presence
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kizzygentle:

Na the course I applied for bro
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
ghettonews:

But I can't be able to apply for sch now and meet up for winter
Some schools are still taking masters application till August. U can do research though.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
ghettonews:

What do u mean differ my admission, I don't understand that, can I ask the sch to change the course of study to the one that requires my presence

You're very funny!
You want to tell the school to change your course of study to one that requires your presence.. Lol!
Are you really passionate about the course you're going for or you're just looking for a means to get to Deutschland?
Anyways, deferment means you waiting for next winter 2021 to start your program.. It's a good option if your school can permit such and if you can wait..

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
ghettonews:

In my opinion, this is a poor excuse. Many people will kill for an opportunity to have their first semester online and then continue in Germany when international flights open and visa is granted.

What is the meaning of "poor Internet connection in your country?" Your monthly cost of living in Germany will be enough to get a reliable alternative power supply and internet connectivity. You have enough time to make arrangements. Your classes will not be impromptu, you will have a time table. Many people in Nigeria enrol for online degrees in very reputation foreign universities and they complete their studies without problems.

If your primary purpose of going to Germany is to school, then this shouldn't be an issue for you at all. In fact, you should be glad.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
If all have been observing the recent trend like I stated most schools will likely go fully online this winter, while most schools like Th koln, Uni Potsdam and Uni Bremen are going hybrid... So make sure your school will require your presence cos once German embassy opens it's definitely gonna be a requirement.

CooKeed:

In my opinion, this is a poor excuse. Many people will kill for an opportunity to have their first semester online and then continue in Germany when international flights open and visa is granted.

What is the meaning of "poor Internet connection in your country?" Your monthly cost of living in Germany will be enough to get a reliable alternative power supply and internet connectivity. You have enough time to make arrangements. Your classes will not be impromptu, you will have a time table. Many people in Nigeria enrol for online degrees in very reputation foreign universities and they complete their studies without problems.

If your primary purpose of going to Germany is to school, then this shouldn't be an issue for you at all. In fact, you should be glad.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ProfDave123: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
Honestly speaking, you should be happy that you were granted a place to study online for the winter session than deferring your admission.

From now till when the lectures start, make arrangements for a good network or stable power supply. If possible, move out from your area to a better place or even change the network you're using. We're in uncommon situations and we need to make some adjustments.

Above all, be prayerful and optimistic that the embassy opens soonest.

ghettonews:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
A scholarship student just applied for date and got one today for August 31st

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
ProfDave123:
Honestly speaking, you should be happy that you were granted a place to study online for the winter session than deferring your admission.

From now till when the lectures start, make arrangements for a good network or stable power supply. If possible, move out from your area to a better place or even change the network you're using. We're in uncommon situations and we need to make some adjustments.

Above all, be prayerful and optimistic that the embassy opens soonest.

Guys I don't think u saw my screenshot in the recent page, they said the whole of winter semester goes online and probably summer 2021 too
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thereality19(f): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Scholarship students, can we please check our mails to confirm this ?

How many candidates can even make this Category A in Nigeria. This people are really mean to Nigerians thou
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Johnnyark: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Which network provider is WinSim? grin
Kizzygentle:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
Johnnyark:

He shock you?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Somatohadidas1: 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
Stop doubting, it's true.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
Somatohadidas1:
Stop doubting, it's true.

Sincerely I am happy, but I just pray this stuff circulates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Let's get more people to show their email, place do this for us if you have gotten the email.

It will give us hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chukskala022: 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
Don't you guys think we should cancel and rebook again since he just booked and got a date?
Just a suggestion...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chukskala022:
Don't you guys think we should cancel and rebook again since he just booked and got a date?
Just a suggestion...
Nice idea
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chukskala022:
Just a suggestion...

Are we sure that's a good idea?

Just asking
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
Why can't someone ask the Germany website to confirm. So that we will know what to do, I don't want it to be like after we waited for so long we now cancelled our appointment, maybe they will start from those that have previously booked.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Please what are the other requirements for CAT A? I thought TestAS is for undergraduate study?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thereality19(f): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Johnnyark:
It is a German Network Carrier I suppose.

According to the person who posted that screenshot, he/she stated that the scholarship owner recently booked the appointment and also got a date already.

Does that mean we might have to rebook?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 6:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kizzygentle:
A scholarship student? this are some irregularities in the mail...aside the dot, something was cleared and was changed to list A in the first circle, why is the Consulate spelt as CO while others are Co...let's even forget the winsim cause I don't know what that is, I am nor doubting but let's not just jump into conclusion about this.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
I booked today in cat b got a similar mail but with response to my AD to come in 4 to 6 weeks. I will keep an eye on my mail.

Chukskala022:
Just a suggestion...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jeanjohnny(m): 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
clintonsparkz:
A scholarship student? this are some irregularities in the mail...aside the dot, something was cleared and was changed to list A in the first circle, why is the Consulate spelt as CO while others are Co...let's even forget the winsim cause I don't know what that is, I am nor doubting but let's not just jump into conclusion about this.
Exactly my thoughts.
'we are pleased to inform you that you have an appointment to apply for a long term visa for for study purposes'...
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
Let's compare it with this.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
The reference no. Shows that appointment application wasn't made today.

Kizzygentle:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
clintonsparkz:

Clinton!
It seems to be real. The same error was in my former appointment mail..
The only difference is that dot.. But other errors you pointed to are not irregularities.
But why did they leave we with cancelled appointment and give appointments to new people?
They promised to give us new date

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ifwal:

Clinton!
It seems to be real. The same error was in my former appointment mail..
The only difference is that dot.. But other errors you pointed to are not irregularities.
But why did they leave we with cancelled appointment and give appointments to new people?
They promised to give us new date

Which other appointment email?
Let us see it

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.