Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1106596 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:18am On Aug 06, 2020
Have you guys notice the booking appointment page of CAT A have changed.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2020
nixymax:
Hello,
Please what is the link to book for an appointment for documents certification at German- Lagos consulate office?

Thanks

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_categoryList.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=347
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2020
clintonsparkz:
Your blood too dey hot, the embassy opened today. You have to get a letter of presence from your university though.

But how did u know, nothing has really changed in their site, they said they are still not accepting any applications, but can u send me the link that says the embassy has started attending to students ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princetigris(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2020
Stiflersammy:
Nothing changed.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chisomonyeke: 7:47am On Aug 06, 2020
Good morning everyone
The embassy said contact them via contact form or phone no

My question is this? Are we to reboot if you have letter of presence or simply call or write then that you have letter of presence.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2020
princetigris:
Nothing changed.

Was this there before?

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:48am On Aug 06, 2020
chisomonyeke:
Good morning everyone
The embassy said contact them via contact form or phone no

My question is this? Are we to reboot if you have letter of presence or simply call or write then that you have letter of presence.

We will ask this morning.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by leo2sexy: 8:04am On Aug 06, 2020
Stiflersammy:

Was this there before?
Yes it was
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princetigris(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2020
Stiflersammy:

Was this there before?
Yes it was.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2020
ghettonews:

But how did u know, nothing has really changed in their site, they said they are still not accepting any applications, but can u send me the link that says the embassy has started attending to students ?
https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/vertretungen/generalkonsulatlagos

if you want to succeed academically you have to drop this attitude of not reading stuff, going through this thread u can confirm that d embassy has opened.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2020
Please if anyone is able to call the embassy let us know the feedback, because I tried and kept trying the call is bouncing back.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 9:28am On Aug 06, 2020
clintonsparkz:

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/vertretungen/generalkonsulatlagos

if you want to succeed academically you have to drop this attitude of not reading stuff, going through this thread u can confirm that d embassy has opened.

Thanks Mr Clinton but the way my sch, university
Bergakademie frieberg does is that u will have to show them proof that you have gotten appointment date before they can send u a letter of presence.

Once I email them to send me a letter of presence they requested for my proof of AD before sending it, many schs does like that, but what of have u gotten yours
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2020
Very much expected, I called the line same experience... Contacted them via the contact form though. I guess we should keep bombarding them on all two fronts they will definitely reply.

Stiflersammy:
Please if anyone is able to call the embassy let us know the feedback, because I tried and kept trying the call is bouncing back.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2020
ghettonews:

Thanks Mr Clinton but the way my sch, university
Bergakademie frieberg does is that u will have to show them proof that you have gotten appointment date before they can send u a letter of presence.

Once I email them to send me a letter of presence they requested for my proof of AD before sending it, many schs does like that, but what of have u gotten yours
Well yes I have.. M
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 9:49am On Aug 06, 2020
pstmikol1:

Sorry for mentioning u here.
I want to ask if I can apply for Chevron scholarship if it comes out this year considering the fact that I'm in 300l and they do use the word; must be admitted ON or BEFORE a certain year.
E.g this year will be on or before 2018/2019 session and I was admitted 2017/2018. So am considering that word 'before'
Thanks
Some 300level folks do get shortlisted (very few), but I can't ascertain the awarding condition. Some scholarship bodies revoke the offer if you're not admitted in the year specified.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Finiks: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2020
Guys, take a look at the fourth requirement for CAT A, does this also refer to the document of presence?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 10:02am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello. I just got an email from Goethe Universitat Frankfurt this morning, offering me room and bed spaces. I went ahead to check my portal and they're yet to give admission, the status is still saying 'Valid'

No letter in your inbox at the moment.

Why are they offering rooms when there's no admission letter yet?

Does it mean I have been considered for admission or they send such to all applicants?

Someone should please respond.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzesinachi1(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello good people of Nairaland. Firstly, I would like to thank each and everyone of us here for our relentless efforts and togetherness. We have really got our backs here, and that is a good thing.
Honestly, who no go no go believe. This waka no be wetin person dey carry pikin for back dey run, or wetin person go dey cry dey call em mama name. It is tiring, I swear, it is hard, but I prophesy that we will all get there. We have tried our best so that everything that happened during this period shall be to our favor in Jesus name/insha Allah.

*Please i need to be put through on this* I got admission on the 7th of June and booked appointment on the 8th.., later on the 15th of July, I got an email with an attachment (letter of presence) from my school. I sent a message to the German Consular, yesterday, through the platform of exception kini ko Kini ko. My own issue is that I don't know if I should cancel and rebook appointment or leave it but I have been calling the embassy to no avail.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2020
Nzesinachi1:
Hello good people of Nairaland. Firstly, I would like to thank each and everyone of us here for our relentless efforts and togetherness. We have really got our backs here, and that is a good thing.
Honestly, who no go no go believe. This waka no be wetin person dey carry pikin for back dey run, or wetin person go dey cry dey call em mama name. It is tiring, I swear, it is hard, but I prophesy that we will all get there. We have tried our best so that everything that happened during this period shall be to our favor in Jesus name/insha Allah.

*Please i need to be put through on this* I got admission on the 7th of June and booked appointment on the 8th.., later on the 15th of July, I got an email with an attachment (letter of presence) from my school. I sent a message to the German Consular, yesterday, through the platform of exception kini ko Kini ko. My own issue is that I don't know if I should cancel and rebook appointment or leave it but I have been calling the embassy to no avail.

No one has any clue at the moment. Until someone speaks with the embassy.. I'm trying to call them too..
I hope someone on this platform could successfully speak with them and come here to give us feedback

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzesinachi1(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2020
Finiks:
Guys, take a look at the fourth requirement for CAT A, does this also refer to the document of presence?
Please can you send me link of where you are seeing all these things. Is my own link different, lol. Please send o.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dmk23: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2020
Nzesinachi1:
I almost cried after reading this. You know at times, it would seem like our village people are after us. I have been thinking the same thing sha.

Thanks for the piece. I wish to slide in your DM.
Please ma, what did he post I can't find it and I am very much interested in reading it. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2020
dmk23:

Please ma, what did he post I can't find it and I am very much interested in reading it. Thank you.
Here:

Somstevee Sommmy pls contact me via onyiilove4eva@gmail.com

post=91803654:
Travel transcript.

Obtaining a first class degree in biochemistry and graduating as one of the best in the class of 2017 Chukwemeka Odumegwu motivated me towards searching for a greener pasture abroad.

At first I thought it was all about having a good result, but experiences have made me realize that, although good results can give u an edge towards achieving your goal, they are not close to being the ultimate requirement.

I did my first application in 2018, to Australian universities using a study agent, was able to get two admission with both 50percent scholarship.

I lost interest in them cos the remaining 50 percent I was to pay was above 8 million naira.

Fast forward to 2019, I did several applications to US universities, got 3 admission letters with it one scholarship of about 75 percent but was denied visa twice on weekly interval.
Was depressed, local man wanted to give up.

On march, 2019 after US visa denial even on scholarship, I had to think about Germany.
My first application to Germany, was to three schools, I got only one admission that year for winter semester at Rhein Waal, received two rejection letters. I was happy cos one admission letter is enof to get me a visa.
I applied for visa, no interview date...
I was demoralised.
Early 2019 bleeped me up.

I started my admission/scholarship hunt with no preference to a particular country.

I applied to any country I see a notification of their scholarship on my mail with most of my applications going to UK and Germany.

I got a total of above 20 admission letters in UK with some of part scholarships attached, 7 admission letters in Germany ( got three admission letters for winter 2020 even when I applied for summer�) I received an offer in China, Saudi Arabia n Italy.

I had to go with my Germany cos of the free tuition.

I applied for an interview date for summer in August 16 2019, waited for 3 months, got my visa interview date on 31 December 2019.

I was meant to be interviewed on Feb 4 2020, I prepared wella,got to the German embassy dat day, they said they they don't have light, that all interview dat day re cancel and automatically fixed to the next day depending on an individual consent.
That was when I know dat village people dy ves�.

A whole German embassy Lagos doesn't have light, the first to have been witnesses for over 7yrs of their existence here.

I left, came bk the next day,on 5th ready on pouring my longed crammed practiced interview transcripts from others.� But luckily for her, my interview was not up to 5 mins.

I left with full conviction that visa is certain.

Fast forward to 3rd march, which coming bk from Frau Jennifer's Deutsch class, I got my Am.
Sent my doc n passport on 5th, got my visa on 11th march, all in my birth month�, but my visum stamp came with 18th march as the date it started.
Meaning that I cannot come to Germany unless it is 18th of march.

I booked my flight to travel by 18th march, came to Lagos on 16 to fly on 18, Germany lucked up on 17th marc.

Ever since den, I have been stucked in Lagos and watching my hard earned visa expire in my presence while I do nothing.
I waited for 3 months and 18 days until on Monday dis week when I have decided to take a bold step.

I have seen many people give reasons why you I can't enter Germany now because of the pandemic and some said Nigerians are not allowed to come in forgetting that students are expemted.

I was looking for that one person to give me reasons why I should look for a way n get out of this country but couldn't.

I got an information that Cotonou airport has been functional with out any form of lockdown ever since the conception of the lock down.

I looked for a way to confirm the info, and on validating it, I had to go to Cotonou by fire by force

I booked my ticket, to travel on 8tg, being yesterday.
Just arrived here today, and I was not convinced yet until I had to enter the wrong train to my house n spend another money...�

I have been a silent observer of this group n read everything going on here, but I find it difficult to talk cos much information are circulating dat we find it difficult to know the right one..

Wen I was checked in today in Frankfurt by immigration, I had to come back to the officer to ask him if it is only the stamp dat I require cos I was afraid to a point that students are not allowed to come in, but it is a lie.

As a student, if u can get a good letter from your school indicating that your presence is needed, u re good to go, or an enrollment letter can do.

PS. This transcript was not originally addressed to nairalanders
I am not stepping on anyone's toes, I apologize if I used the wrong choice of word, typographical errors,made the write up lengthy or took much of ur time, I just felt that some one might need it....

If you have any questions on my little epistle, feel free to ask, if not, I will take my leave after tonight for others in the waiting room to be added...
Thanks to u all...

Note:. 99.9% of the passengers I saw in Cotonou yesterday are Nigerians

I wrote this transcript since last week...
I forgot to post it here where I started...
Tut mir leid

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2020
Fatalveli:
Hello. I just got an email from Goethe Universitat Frankfurt this morning, offering me room and bed spaces. I went ahead to check my portal and they're yet to give admission, the status is still saying 'Valid'

No letter in your inbox at the moment.

Why are they offering rooms when there's no admission letter yet?

Does it mean I have been considered for admission or they send such to all applicants?

Someone should please respond.
Someone should give insight abeg oo
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Finiks: 10:35am On Aug 06, 2020
Nzesinachi1:

Please can you send me link of where you are seeing all these things. Is my own link different, lol. Please send o.

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_category.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=347&categoryId=1716
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 10:41am On Aug 06, 2020
Fatalveli:
Someone should give insight abeg oo
Admission and accommodation are two different things
You can apply for accommodation before securing admission.
Accommodation doesn’t secure your admission

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2020
I think anyone that's is not far from the island should go to the embassy to make enquiry for US. Time is going and we need answer to know what next to do

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Dremog: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2020
Stiflersammy:
pls what changes did you notice in CAT A booking?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cande75: 11:57am On Aug 06, 2020
Stiflersammy:
I think anyone that's is not far from the island should go to the embassy to make enquiry for US. Time is going and we need answer to know what next to do

It still depends on when the international borders are open and flights resumption. These guys play by the rules...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by charliesyndrom: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Advice pls! I am planning on evaluating my Nigerian certificate. As part of the instructions, it was stated that the transcript has to be certified, I dont know how I'll certify it because my university can only send it to the office requesting for it, it is not usually issued to students as it is an official document. Or is there no need for certification if it's coming directly from the school in a sealed and enclosed envelope?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GBY20: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hello great people, I pray all our efforts will be fruitful.
Please has anyone gotten an admission into Deggendorf Institute of Technology? I received an information on the Primus site that lectures will be delivered online as a letter of presence might not be written. Please let's connect and synergize as a shared information might be beneficial to all.
My email gabbyjames20@yahoo.com
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TemmyObiajulum: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Which course did you apply for? Deggendorf issued out letter of confirmation of presence for winter semester and enrollment extension letter to me and people i know that got admission.
GBY20:
Hello great people, I pray all our efforts will be fruitful.
Please has anyone gotten an admission into Deggendorf Institute of Technology? I received an information on the Primus site that lectures will be delivered online as a letter of presence might not be written. Please let's connect and synergize as a shared information might be beneficial to all.
My email gabbyjames20@yahoo.com
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GBY20: 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
TemmyObiajulum:
Which course did you apply for? Deggendorf issued out letter of confirmation of presence for winter semester and enrollment extension letter to me and people i know that got admission.
Please can I contact you? I am going for Energy systems Engineering

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Xoxyl(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.