Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1107314 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UhnNah: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2020
Dremog:
I spoke with a lady at the German embassy this morning, she said don't think they'll issue students visa for winter semester.

First,I stay positive in every situation and i don’t promote discouragement! But honestly you guys needs to either simultaneously contact your schools and tell them to ask the embassy why they’re not giving students appointment dates?! Because even before covid,i used to come on this thread and see how you guys struggle with visa appointment dates! Schools are just dishing out admissions with no hope for visa! Alot new people here thinks it’s about covid but it’s been going on before covid 19...Totally unfair and a waste of time!

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by elvis190: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2020
Good Afternoon all...Please, i wrote to my skul to help send a letter of presence to the embassy with hope it will boost me chances of getting an AD but instead my skul sent me the letter, instructing me to send it to the embassy myself. The ISSUE i have now is that i dont hv the email address of the embassy so as to forward it to them....Please, someone shld kindly help me the the email address of the embassy....Thanks in anticipation
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/Template/TINVerification
I've tried everything. Keeps saying records not found.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Light2020: 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2020
UhnNah:

First,I stay positive in every situation and i don’t promote discouragement! But honestly you guys needs to either simultaneously contact your schools and tell them to ask the embassy why they’re not giving students appointment dates?! Because even before covid,i used to come on this thread and see how you guys struggle with visa appointment dates! Schools are just dishing out admissions with no hope for visa! Alot new people here thinks it’s about covid but it’s been going on before covid 19...Totally unfair and a waste of time!

Yeah, this is actually peculiar to just the Nigerian Embassy, someone would call today, they would say there’s waiting list, tomorrow it’s wait for international flight, next tomorrow it’s something entirely different. What has happened that they are not being so clear on their process anymore.
More painful is that fact that the France and UK embassy here in Lagos are already operating fully. Then the German embassy in Benin and Ghana also still have appointment dates. There has to be a root to this matter.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2020
UhnNah:

Another thing I find strange is that their website is saying something else their staff are saying something different no coalition, they said if u are exempted you should contact them still there is no reply to email, so it's quite confusing... I really don't understand what is going on.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Goodmorning2u: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
dennison4luv:

Please be very careful with that agent he/she is a scam,
If it's possible many will not be buying SL. 10% Of the BA is about #440000. Dont let agent to deceive you. One told me to pay him to get AD I told him to work out AD that i will pay him, i even promise to give him bank draft.

The best thing you will tell the person is to fund ur account before giving him the 10%. And it's better to fund BA when you have AD.
Please enlighten me more on how to buy or get SL. I don't have anyone in Germany.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
Light2020:

Yeah, this is actually peculiar to just the Nigerian Embassy, someone would call today, they would say there’s waiting list, tomorrow it’s wait for international flight, next tomorrow it’s something entirely different. What has happened that they are not being so clear on their process anymore.
More painful is that fact that the France and UK embassy here in Lagos are already operating fully. Then the German embassy in Benin and Ghana also still have appointment dates. There has to be a root to this matter.
The appointment thing is really annoying I swear everything for naija get as e be..

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Easthood5(m): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
oluchioparah7:
I have received mine since March MA European Studies. what course did you apply?

MSC or Bsc
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
It's hightime we stopped complaining and take necessary actions in voicing our demands to these people. We can send tweets about this issue to the German office in Berlin @GermanyDiplo on twitter.. I have been able to contact the European Student Union on this AD issue as well. At this point, we need to find ways to reach out to those in government so that they can find a solution for us.. Technically, the reason we want to school abroad is to get better education in developing ourselves and this country.. Even if it is for us to go to the Lagos State Assembly to communicate our feelings and demands let's do that more action less talk we can't just sit and expect a miracle without necessary steps.. Let's get in as a team to find a solution NOW!!! People should come up with ideas on how to communicate our feelings to the government to help us reach out to the embassy we need ideas not complains

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Slamtos26: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
Light2020:

I spoked with one allien authority official in Potsdam last week. He told me that the way Nigerians have misused the appointment scheduling in the past have brought up this action. He said because scheduling appointment is free, many of Nigerians will book appointments and not showing up on the appointment day. But I still don't see that as an excuse from the Germany embassy.
I think the best solution is to contact the German Government in Berlin directly. Cus these lads are not ready to give AD at all.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uchezdedon(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
Slamtos26:

I spoked with one allien authority official in Potsdam last week. He told me that the way Nigerians have misused the appointment scheduling in the past have brought up this action. He said because scheduling appointment is free, many of Nigerians will book appointments and not showing up on the appointment day. But I still don't see that as an excuse from the Germany embassy.
I think the best solution is to contact the German Government in Berlin directly. Cus these lads are not ready to give AD at all.

That's not an excuse. If that's the case why can't the embassy implement the old system of booking via email with an attached document of admission letter, block accounts confirmation/verpflichtungserklärung and passport data page.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Daytona21:
It's hightime we stopped complaining and take necessary actions in voicing our demands to these people. We can send tweets about this issue to the German office in Berlin @GermanyDiplo on twitter.. I have been able to contact the European Student Union on this AD issue as well. At this point, we need to find ways to reach out to those in government so that they can find a solution for us.. Technically, the reason we want to school abroad is to get better education in developing ourselves and this country.. Even if it is for us to go to the Lagos State Assembly to communicate our feelings and demands let's do that more action less talk we can't just sit and expect a miracle without necessary steps.. Let's get in as a team to find a solution NOW!!! People should come up with ideas on how to communicate our feelings to the government to help us reach out to the embassy we need ideas not complains
The problem here is when a motion is going positively well, big foolz will come here and be saying rubbish, writing long epistles "Visa is not your right" and this foolz would do nothing to change the situation at hand, anything you are doing with Nigerians just forget it, they are never together always trying to bring themselves down, so bro forget about it, cause I personally know some people on this forum, if you can do anything by yourself to better this situation please do. Its sad that we cannot come together, brainstorm and look for a way forward. Terrible.

9 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
clintonsparkz:
The problem here is when a motion is going positively well, big foolz will come here and be saying rubbish, writing long epistles "Visa is not your right" and this foolz would do nothing to change the situation at hand, anything you are doing with Nigerians just forget it, they are never together always trying to bring themselves down, so bro forget about it, cause I personally know some people on this forum, if you can do anything by yourself to better this situation please do. Its sad that we cannot come together, brainstorm and look for a way forward. Terrible.
It is very annoying to know that we have so many pessimistic people on this platform. It saddens my heart deeply.. Let's come up with ideas to move forward I believe nothing is impossible we just need few individuals who are ready to take a step in voicing out our demands.It will go a long way you never can tell

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Afeez234: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2020
Daytona21:

It is very annoying to know that we have so many pessimistic people on this platform. It saddens my heart deeply.. Let's come up with ideas to move forward I believe nothing is impossible we just need few individuals who are ready to take a step in voicing out our demands.It will go a long way you never can tell
Good afternoon everyone,
The authority in charge here is the consul general, if there's a way we could reach out to him via "LinkedIn or Twitter or email" or any other viable means politely expressing our concerns . I think that would mean something. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Marcopolo65: 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2020
Rhine waal University of applied sciences Bioengineering ..... U apply through uni assist.
register on uni assist's website and search bfor the school and course.. application fee is €75

legit90:

Please which school is that.. I want to apply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2020
Daytona21:
And for those of you who still know some few people is power, please try reach out to them.
They said international flight will commence soon but no date!
This is not a one man race thing, because if it good for one it's good for all.
And for the appointment without admission letter, that a flimsy excuse as to why they can't give AD. It's even more realistic to say because of international flight hasn't started visa won't be issued, since visa expires 3 month after been issued.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by leo2sexy: 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
fancyto:

And for those of you who still know some few people is power, please try reach out to them.
They said international flight will commence soon but no date!
This is not a one man race thing, because if it good for one it's good for all.
And for the appointment without admission letter, that a flimsy excuse as to why they can't give AD. It's even more realistic to say because of international flight because visa issued after an appointment expires after 3 month.
The international flight is no excuse, AM can be delayed till flight resumes...The federal government has started modalities to resume international flight so why not start giving AD? it takes a minimum of 4 weeks to get a visa after interview some its months. They started given AD to ghanians in June even their international airspace were closed...what I can say is there is a problem cause its no longer funny. October is here, still nothing...the website says students with presence letter are exempted yet there is no reply to mail, even phone calls made are met with different answers, this is unfair...If they are not interviewing for winter why not let all know, so we can rest...This is a mental torture, and no country deserves this.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Dremog: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
leo2sexy:
The international flight is no excuse, AM can be delayed till flight resumes...The federal government has started modalities to resume international flight so why not start giving AD? it takes a minimum of 4 weeks to get a visa after interview some its months. They started given AD to ghanians in June even their international airspace were closed...what I can say is there is a problem cause its no longer funny. October is here, still nothing...the website says students with presence letter are exempted yet there is no reply to mail, even phone calls made are met with different answers, this is unfair...If they are not interviewing for winter why not let all know, so we can rest...This is a mental torture, and no country deserves this.
you made a valid point but what's the way forward?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
leo2sexy:
It's a ridiculous excuse to say they are not giving AD for winter when other countries are issuing ADs to those who applied for it
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
Dremog:
you made a valid point but what's the way forward?
I think we should create a group chat maybe on WhatsApp.. And then strategize on how we can get a solution.. Those who know someone in government should also find a way to reach out to them.. If it is needed for some of us to match to the State Assembly to make our demands known we should do that.. For me, I am ready for this move
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by westbuoy: 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
I urged you all to go and protest !!! With a good media ... put it all over social media ...if you don’t
Protest in front of the German embassy, I’m afraid things aren’t going to get better ..

Below are pictures of protesters in SE .. Indians and Pakistanis having same issue now have been solved.. please mobilize yourself
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
westbuoy:
I urged you all to go and protest !!! With a good media ... put it all over social media ...if you don’t
Protest in front of the German embassy, I’m afraid things aren’t going to get better ..

Below are pictures of protesters in SE .. Indians and Pakistanis having same issue now have been solved.. please mobilize yourself
It has come to this actually.. They haven't really seen how serious we are in getting this.. Even the Bible says the violent takes it by force.. Although force in this context means the required steps in actualizing a set goal.. Let's gather, find a day to make a peaceful protest we will overcome
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hemingway: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
I appealed my VISA which was rejected saying I didn't have admission. That I only had admission for language. I have applied and gotten admission in another school.

I wrote the consulate telling them that I am withdrawing my appeal because of an issue in the family and I have admission with a confirmation of necessity to be present in Germany for the purpose of studies. That I need a new date for interview.

The Visa Section replied and told me to send a signed letter of withdrawal not later than 10th September 2020.

I think they gave me deadline because I told them that I have new admission
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
westbuoy:

I agree with you bro.
Let decide on a date, when we get louder I think they would hear.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
Guys.. Let's contact the German Foreign office in Berlin through their contact form as well to pour out our minds to them through the contact form the more they get similar messages the better.. Www.diplo.de
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dollypeeee: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2020
westbuoy:

I am in support of this. We need to start carrying placards in front of the embassy and making a video so that we can send it to Channels using their eyewitness option. That should be a start.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dollypeeee: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hemingway:
I appealed my VISA which was rejected saying I didn't have admission. That I only had admission for language. I have applied and gotten admission in another school.

I wrote the consulate telling them that I am withdrawing my appeal because of an issue in the family and I have admission with a confirmation of necessity to be present in Germany for the purpose of studies. That I need a new date for interview.

The Visa Section replied and told me to send a signed letter of withdrawal not later than 10th September 2020.

I think they gave me deadline because I told them that I have new admission

This shows they are obviously working. Making selective replies to mails and requests while deliberately ignoring student visa issues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.