Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1106539 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by segzysexy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
spicyuzo:

Nice...What's your course of study?
İt's Logistic and supply chain management for me.
Tropical Hydrogeology and environmental engineering. Are you also for winter semester?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by spicyuzo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
segzysexy:
Tropical Hydrogeology and environmental engineering. Are you also for winter semester?
Yea...just recieved AL about 4days ago.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by segzysexy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
spicyuzo:

Yea...just recieved AL about 4days ago.
thats cool. Enrollment deadline is 31st Oct. How are you going to meet up?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by charles2468(m): 8:46am On Oct 25, 2020
please if u're applying to University of Mainz for the next summer or you applied previously, kindly indicate please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Donnieben1:
Hello guys, I'm here to share my whole admission to visa experience on this German waka. I hope this lightens the mood here because I know the mood around here is down .

So I've been on my German journey since late 2018, I tried applying to many schools for Msc admission and got loads of rejection which dampened my mood but I decided I was not going to relent. So all through 2019 I was seeking admissions in public schools and I wasn't getting any, I guess because my course of study was in high demand (Data science) which requires the best Bsc result.

In the midst of this rejection offers I decided not to relent and was a follower of this German visa thread on nairaland. I began to notice that even with admission letters, appointment letters at the Embassy was not forthcoming and so I decided to leave Nigeria.

Early this year I decided on moving to Turkey, with the aim of staying six months and then moving to Germany, at this point I had no German admission yet but I decided on pursuing it. I came to Turkey in March and during the whole lockdown I started looking out for more schools to apply to in Germany.

My plan was very simple, I would come to Turkey , stay for six months with their residence permit and then apply for German visa after getting admission to Germany. So, I was sending applications here and there while I was in Turkey here and BOOM I finally got an admission to one of the best schools in Germany (top 10 percent worldwide). At this point I already had my Turkish resident permit and was waiting for my six months to complete before I apply for the German study visa at the Embassy here.

Finally, the six months elapsed, and then I began the visa application process which was very simple and fine .

The Process here in Turkey is very simple:

1. They have a third-party body (iData) that you book visa appointments through.
2. You pay about 69 Turkish lira which is an equivalent of (4500 naira) and then they tell you in two weeks you'll get an appointment to go to the Embassy. Mine came in 9 days.
3. They sent me the required documents and everything I needed to take to the Embassy which was not a problem at all. Required documents were blocked account confirmation ( I used expatrio), health insurance which expatrio provides, original copy of your degree certificate, visa application form and biometric passport photographs and most importantly 75 euros and motivation letter.
4. And so I went to the Embassy, guys it was very smooth there.. no stress whatsoever. I got to the Embassy on time . Had a wait time of 20 minutes and then it was time to talk to the visa officer.
5. The interview questions were smooth though plenty, I advice for preparation and calmness. So at the end of the interview the visa officer told me I will be given a visa decision in 4-6 weeks and so I left.
6. Guys, exactly one week after my visa interview , I received a call from the Embassy that my passport and other documents are being shipped by UPS and they are calling to confirm my home address. I responded accordingly and they said in 2 - 3 days I will receive my documents.
7. I am glad to say I received my passport with the visa stamped.

I can say I am ready to travel to Germany and start a new phase in my life..

Cheers Everyone!! For everyone still trying and hoping to leave Nigeria for Germany or anywhere else, I believe everyone's dreams and wishes will come to pass.
Bro
Good afternoon
Please can the residence permit be a student residence permit ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by keleto(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good evening house.
Please can someone help to analyse this for my elder brother.
He intends studying in Germany
He is 39 years, has HND (pass grade 2006) in engineering
He also has B Tech in engineering from University os South Africa (UNISA) ( there certificate is not graded like Nigeria certificate (it comes in either Distinction or Pass) and he has pass.
Pls kindly advise on the route he can take. Whether he can be admitted for Master or Bachelor and which of the certificates he can use. Considering embassy too.
Thanks greatly [b][/b][color=#006600][/color]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Donnieben1: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
Vlibray:

Bro
Good afternoon
Please can the residence permit be a student residence permit ?

Yes it has to be a student residence permit also called long term residence permit.. a tourist residence permit or short term permit will not let you apply for a visa to Germany
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2020
Donnieben1:

Yes it has to be a student residence permit also called long term residence permit.. a tourist residence permit or short term permit will not let you apply for a visa to Germany
Thank you so much
I want my sister to go through north Cyprus .
Here is what I what I saw on the German embassy website of north Cyprus

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by BelieverDE: 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Izanghi:
Good day everyone, i want to apply for PhD in university of Goettingen, after reading through their website, i was told to write to the supervisor first please while have done that, what is the best thing to do next, and also is it possible to get resident permit after my completion of study? I also noticed there was no English profiency for PhD, abi I didn't check well,
Please i need advice so as not to take the wrong turn.
This question is unique. Dr. Kelechi who is currently working at P&G (Procter & Gamble), Germany, gave a talk on how to apply for PhD during the NiSIG (Nigerian Students in Germany) event, early October. I would to share the YouTube link with, but the last time I did while also telling people about the NiSIG-Barmer Health Insurance collaboration, it got deleted. Please send me a mail for the YouTube link and other materials you might find helpful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bflexing(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good day everyone,

Please can I book an appointment with the embassy without a funded account? I have opened the blocked account and it would take a week for the transfer to get there. At what point will I need the confirmation that there's money in the blocked account?

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Plismoll: 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good day to all Germany Hopefuls,

It's been ages. I just stopped by to encourage everyone, especially amidst the current political drama and German Visa issues in Nigeria. Please don't give up on your travel dreams and keeping pushing. I was in a similar situation (forex crisis) some years ago.

If you have other means or options, explore them. If not, stick to your goal.

Remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel and with God on your side, you shall succeed. This has been my testimony so far in Germany.

Your Brother,
Plismoll

NIGERIA SHALL RISE!!!

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayobami2001: 12:53am On Oct 26, 2020
Yes you can book an appointment without a funded account. You take the confirmation of a funded blocked account document when you go for your visa appointment at the embassy.

You might want to chill with funding the blocked account till when you get a visa appointment date. Just my opinion.

Bflexing:
Good day everyone,

Please can I book an appointment with the embassy without a funded account? I have opened the blocked account and it would take a week for the transfer to get there. At what point will I need the confirmation that there's money in the blocked account?

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obinna11(m): 5:41am On Oct 26, 2020
Good day, please is there anyone intending to study applied geoscience at RWTH Aachen University come winter 2021. Please help me understand because I tried applying on their rwth online but couldn't find any provision for masters application, let alone applied geoscience. Does it mean that the application portal for Winter 2021 session master program is not yet open, or could their be any possible reason. Those that have applied to this institution and have gotten admission to this very course, your response is highly needed. When did you apply and when does the application portal for winter session open? Below is a screenshot of the only programs I saw under Winter 2020/2021

1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IamkingP: 7:11am On Oct 26, 2020
Bro please don't fund your account when you have not gotten a date yet
You can book an appointment without a funded account
Bflexing:
Good day everyone,

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kosiemma(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2020
I have received my admission letter from TUM. Can I apply for Student visa at German Embassy in Cotonou. Since the number of of applicants in Nigeria is too much and they are very reluctant in giving applicants appointments date
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bflexing(m): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2020
Ayobami2001:
Yes you can book an appointment without a funded account. You take the confirmation of a funded blocked account document when you go for your visa appointment at the embassy.

You might want to chill with funding the blocked account till when you get a visa appointment date. Just my opinion.

Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bflexing(m): 7:29am On Oct 26, 2020
IamkingP:
Bro please don't fund your account when you have not gotten a date yet
You can book an appointment without a funded account
Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Owerri1stSon: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2020
I heard nobody has received AD for some time now
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ShallyAnyadike: 9:20am On Oct 26, 2020
Owerri1stSon:
I heard nobody has received AD for some time now

Only if you have scholarship, they give you appointment date in less than 2 days.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Owerri1stSon: 9:22am On Oct 26, 2020
ShallyAnyadike:

Only if you have scholarship, they give you appointment date in less than 2 days.

So right now, no one has received AD for a long time? sad
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChibuGP: 9:25am On Oct 26, 2020
Please can someone help me out with this...
ChibuGP:
Please what is the email address of the german cousulate in Nigeria.. lagos precisely?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oladoyinipede: 9:37am On Oct 26, 2020
Good morning everyone,pls I have just decided to school in Germany but I have little and incoherent knowledge about the whole process.pls can anyone be kind enough to explain the process to me under the following headings;

*financial capability:
is it true that a scholarship program to a German school does not require the mandatory 10,000 euros in a blocked account?if no,is there any available alternative because I do not have such an amount of money.

*qualifications:
can someone having only waec and ijmb certificates apply for German schools.cos in the previous threads I saw transcripts mentioned.is it University transcriptsPls I need clarification.

*the documents required.

God bless you as you take your time to respond to my enquires.thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Raymoney83: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2020
Good morning my House, how can i go about the rebooking, have tried several ways, please i need help
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2020
Hello, German Hopefuls,

I know it can be a confusing question to ask but anyway.

Apparently, I canceled and re-booked my appointment application early this month because they said they reset the whole thing in September.

Now that the date I put in is fast approaching (Nov 2), yet no news.

Do I cancel again and choose a later date?

I know I am not the only one in this situation, please what to do.

NB: Orientation and lectures are online for the first semester though I have a letter of presence from the school.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by easywork2019: 10:53am On Oct 26, 2020
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

If you are living in Monchengladbach, North Rhine-westphalia Germany and you know how I can get an apartment/accommodation at this location or you want to share your apartment with me please PM urgently.

I will appreciate your support and help.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by NomzyJust(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2020
Iceberry0001:
Hello everyone, someone raised a suggestion that we should write to the minister for foreign affairs based on this AD issue, I think that is a good idea, so please any one with idea or ideas or anybody who knows someone that can help us on this should please help out. Thanks

AD is solely the jurisdiction of the Government of Germany. There's really little MFA can do.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Izanghi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
BelieverDE:

This question is unique. Dr. Kelechi who is currently working at P&G (Procter & Gamble), Germany, gave a talk on how to apply for PhD during the NiSIG (Nigerian Students in Germany) event, early October. I would to share the YouTube link with, but the last time I did while also telling people about the NiSIG-Barmer Health Insurance collaboration, it got deleted. Please send me a mail for the YouTube link and other materials you might find helpful.
Thank you for the response, have sent a message to you. Please kindly respond.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by keleto(m): 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
keleto:
Good evening house.
Please can someone help to analyse this for my elder brother.
He intends studying in Germany
He is 39 years, has HND (pass grade 2006) in engineering
He also has B Tech in engineering from University os South Africa (UNISA) ( there certificate is not graded like Nigeria certificate (it comes in either Distinction or Pass) and he has pass.
Pls kindly advise on the route he can take. Whether he can be admitted for Master or Bachelor and which of the certificates he can use. Considering embassy too.
Thanks greatly [b][/b][color=#006600]

PLS SOME ONE TO RESPOND[/color]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by henrycare53(m): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
Application for winter semester is yet to start as Admission for Summer isn't out yet. Winter application should start next month or December.

obinna11:
Good day, please is there anyone intending to study applied geoscience at RWTH Aachen University come winter 2021. Please help me understand because I tried applying on their rwth online but couldn't find any provision for masters application, let alone applied geoscience. Does it mean that the application portal for Winter 2021 session master program is not yet open, or could their be any possible reason. Those that have applied to this institution and have gotten admission to this very course, your response is highly needed. When did you apply and when does the application portal for winter session open? Below is a screenshot of the only programs I saw under Winter 2020/2021

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Engrkia(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
authe911:
Hello, German Hopefuls,

I know it can be a confusing question to ask but anyway.

Apparently, I canceled and re-booked my appointment application early this month because they said they reset the whole thing in September.

Now that the date I put in is fast approaching (Nov 2), yet no news.

Do I cancel again and choose a later date?

I know I am not the only one in this situation, please what to do.

NB: Orientation and lectures are online for the first semester though I have a letter of presence from the school.

Sorry, which school is dat pls?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by easywork2019: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

If you are living in Monchengladbach, North Rhine-westphalia Germany and you know how I can get an apartment/accommodation at this location or you want to share your apartment with me please PM urgently.

I will appreciate your support and help.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Bflexing:
Good day everyone,

Thanks

Use access bank... It takes maximum of 48hrs....Open a DOM account with access bank, fund tie DOM account then tell them to do international transfer from that DOM account to your block account . Carry your admission letter and all necessary documents to show that you are a student

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.