Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1106890 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IamkingP: 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
No no
This is not accepted
donjm:
I mean something of this format. Does the embassy accept this?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Perrorson: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2020
Cande75:

I applied on Uniassist and got my AL a week later...
Wow..
Which school did you apply to?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uchezdedon(m): 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
IamkingP:
No no
This is not accepted

German embassy Ghana accepts it. See requirements below.

See the third requirements under adequate financial means.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thereality19(f): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2020
Please can anyone who has successfully used the Form A update me with the bank they used to fund their blocked account.

I mean those who have recently used FORM A to fund their blocked account.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Olollladee: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2020
Who has an idea how long it takes to get one's documents back after an interview. I had mine two weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2020
Olollladee:
Who has an idea how long it takes to get one's documents back after an interview. I had mine two weeks ago.
Interview for category A or B?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Olollladee: 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
Fatalveli:
Interview for category A or B?
CAT A
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Higgies(m): 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
Arden University Berlin

Please I need information about this school.
They just offered me Msc admission and I am to pay holding fee 1000 Euros in 14 days.
I'm skeptical because of past experiences.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
Joshua3393:

You just travellel to Dubai and applied for visa there

No, I was living here before I applied.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
Higgies:
Arden University Berlin

They just offered me Msc admission and I am to pay holding fee 1000 Euros in 14 days.

German Universities do not ask for any money usually except enrollment/social fees usually between 250-300 EUR. Look again and probably try other schools.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2020
Olollladee:
it can take as long as four weeks. I guess your previous appointment was canceled and you were rescheduled or you booked afresh?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Olollladee: 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2020
clintonsparkz:
it can take as long as four weeks. I guess your previous appointment was canceled and you were rescheduled or you booked afresh?

Previous appointment got cancelled and I was rescheduled
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Joshua3393: 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
MrAAA2:
I handed over my passport, health insurance (Mawista) to the Germany embassy today here in Dubai and would be ready for collection on Monday morning.
I first sent an email for appointment on Sept 11, got a reply Sept 13 with appointment for Oct 7, and a decision mail Nov 3.
The problem is not our nationality but our Nigeria as a place!
It's sad and I pray you get the visa before scheduled exams for Winter 2020. A mate from Vietnam also got approval yesterday after applying in Sept.

Keep hopes alive!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Perrorson: 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
Higgies:
Arden University Berlin

The schools is not tuition free...
If you are not sure of getting the visa, I suggest you don't pay the holding fee..
1k no dey here o for person to loose just like that

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2020
hello, have the German Embassy in Nigeria started issuing visa for cat B amid covid effect?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MelaBee: 10:52am On Nov 09, 2020
Hello, my nigerian boyfriend got exmatriculated from his study in Nigeria 5 years ago due to a false admission letter, which was handed to him without him knowing. This is a common issue as many of you nigerians might know. He had only 2 semesters missing for his bachelor. Did anybody with the same issue try to immatriculate for a higher semester in Germany and was successful?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MelaBee: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2020
I also have another inquiry. My boyfriend got denied visa for a language course as preparation for a study one year ago out of reasons I dont understand. He was suspected to use the stay in Germany for other purposes even though he got admitted to a language school already and we fulfilled all the requirements. Also they assumed his grades would be too bad for a study which was first of all not true (his average was around B) , secondly its not for the embassy to judge but for the university so we got really upset about this. Now he will try to obtain basic levels of german on his own (level A and maybe B) but we wonder what his chances are like in General so maybe if somebody could tell me his/her experiences I would appreciate it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cande75: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2020
Thereality19:
Please can anyone who has successfully used the Form A update me with the bank they used to fund their blocked account.

I mean those who have recently used FORM A to fund their blocked account.
Is March recent enough? Form A with Zenith Bank, I got confirmation a week later...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by aklemp(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
MelaBee:
I also have another inquiry. My boyfriend got denied visa for a language course as preparation for a study one year ago out of reasons I dont understand. He was suspected to use the stay in Germany for other purposes even though he got admitted to a language school already and we fulfilled all the requirements. Also they assumed his grades would be too bad for a study which was first of all not true (his average was around B) , secondly its not for the embassy to judge but for the university so we got really upset about this. Now he will try to obtain basic levels of german on his own (level A and maybe B) but we wonder what his chances are like in General so maybe if somebody could tell me his/her experiences I would appreciate it.
In principle, a successfully completed university degree in Nigeria should be recognised in Germany. However, in your bf's case, he was not able to complete his degree and this is a different story.

It will be easier for him to start afresh in Germany i.e. study a new degree at a German university, or do a vocational training (Ausbildung) instead of trying to top up on the previously unfinished Nigerian degree.

Your bf was denied visa because the Embassy suspected he would use the stay in Germany for other purposes other than study. The direct interpretation of this is that the Embassy could not tell whether he was motivated enough to learn, since there is/was no proof he had done such a similar thing in his home country.

If your bf learns German up to a reasonable level say, B2 this can help show his motivated. Alternatively he can take up employment in a field in which he plans to make his career, get a letter of recommendation from the employer and attach it the next time he applies for visa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Please guys I need that pdf that contains emails of alien offices
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tomibecca: 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello guys,who is currently studying for bsc in Germany or is planning to ? I need help with some things and would like to ask some questions .
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thereality19(f): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2020
Cande75:

Is March recent enough? Form A with Zenith Bank, I got confirmation a week later...
Thanks
I will check them out
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by boommer: 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good even all. Please I will like to ask f anybody knows about Arden university in berlin. Today I received a call from a supervisor in the school . she spoke to me about admission come February. So I thought of confirming if the school is real
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
boommer:
Good even all. Please I will like to ask f anybody knows about Arden university in berlin. Today I received a call from a supervisor in the school . she spoke to me about admission come February. So I thought of confirming if the school is real
Have you applied to the school in the past? How did they get your contact?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by leo2sexy: 10:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
boommer:
Those are private University, I won't advice you pay any fee due to the uncertainty of AD.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dooch(m): 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
uchezdedon:

German embassy Ghana accepts it. See requirements below.

See the third requirements under adequate financial means.
Even with that letter, you will need to provide block account. In Ghana, blocked account holders need to show that, they have a sponsor willing to give them €10332 yearly for the duration of their studies and capable of doing that base on the job they do(also sponsor have to accompany you to the embassy although it is not necessary.) Once they are satisfied with your sponsor, you need to block the amount and submit to the German embassy in Ghana. Ghana process is different from Nigeria, so be cautious using that method. Even if you have the money to sponsor yourself, you "might" be asked how you got the amount to be able to self-sponsor( it migh not apply to everyone if they think your source of fund is genuine)... THIS IS THE VISA PROCESS IN GHANA..

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Incognit0: 2:37am On Nov 10, 2020
GentleChief:

I don't know if its only me but I find it really annoying when people want to ask questions in public places and make it this personal.

Must you tell us its "Your Nigerian Boyfriend"? How is it our business? By the way, what do you mean by "as many of you nigerians might know." This is somehow condescending so to speak.

Can't you make your question look more professional? How about...

"Hello, my friend in Nigeria got exmatriculated from his study in Nigeria 5 years ago due to a false admission letter, which was handed to him without him knowing. This is a common issue as many of you might know. He had only 2 semesters missing for his bachelor. Did anybody with the same issue try to immatriculate for a higher semester in Germany and was successful?"

lol bro you need to chill, I just went through your post on the romance section and I totally understand why you're triggered by the phrase "my Boyfriend". Regardless, take your misogynistic, condescending and broken-heart somewhere else! This is a "public thread" created for a reason: to ask questions; not your fathers house. So please, take several seats and learn to keep quiet if you have nothing positive to say.
Sending love and light your way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2020
Incognit0:

lol bro you need to chill, I just went through your post on the romance section and I totally understand why you're triggered by the phrase "my Boyfriend". Regardless, take your misogynistic, condescending and broken-heart somewhere else! This is a "public thread" created for a reason: to ask questions; not your fathers house. So please, take several seats and learn to keep quiet if you have nothing positive to say.
Sending love and light your way.
Learn to see things on the rational path. He was right, that Nairaland is a puplic forum does not call for "I don't care" expression.

Your response is void of a matured mind. Learn to take corrections. Emotional intelligence is a great asset in life

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: NiceClean and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.