Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,414 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1103094 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obibanks: 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Energygod:

Lmaoooo you no get joy bro���

My brother, the question tire me. Him never hear of the Oga wey dey gate na

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obibanks: 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
Simple case of "beggars can't be chosers", dem say make una dey apply for visa appointment a year before. LOL, like you are even sure of the admission.
This is just a lesson to you all on how bad Nigeria is looked upon by these Developed nations. Make una try make una country better grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:21am On Jun 18, 2021
obibanks:
Simple case of "beggars can't be chosers", dem say make una dey apply for visa appointment a year before. LOL, like you are even sure of the admission.
This is just a lesson to you all on how bad Nigeria is looked upon by these Developed nations. Make una try make una country better grin grin
For me, I still think it is the bad educational system. If the system was good there wouldn’t be any need to be doing Cat A or B.

Some countries out there only accept first class graduates from Nigeria.

It is just how we have portrayed ourselves coupled with the struggle to fit into the German educational system they must have noticed.

Like book a year!!!!!!

Again I would say, if you are just gaining admission think about it very well cos you would have to wait a year for your fate to be decided. Why not just do that waiting for Canada or so and save up!!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 3:28am On Jun 18, 2021
Nope.
Conversion no reach class level. The guy finished with a 2.1 no conversion would make it 1st class

9cguy:

I want to believe YES because 1. Class in Germany standard start from 1.0-1.9

So I think anyone with 3.67/5 upward qualify for Cat A because 3.67/5 is equal to 1.9 using the above link to convert.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cortix(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2021
Elninoarmando:

They mean Nigerian degree first class and not any German grade conversion.
One guy even uploaded this "1 class" brouhaha clarification e-mail from the consulate.
Una no dey hear.

2sweetworld
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2021
Just incase I or somebody else might need this, can someone walk me through what it takes to get AD at the German consulate in Benin Republic? Let me know how to prepare myself incase we have to resort to that. cry
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
SpongeBobSP:
Just incase I or somebody else might need this, can someone walk me through what it takes to get AD at the German consulate in Benin Republic? Let me know how to prepare myself incase we have to resort to that. cry

Well if you can live in cotonou for 6 month, it would be worth it though. Else if you wanna do otherwise you'll waste money.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tobystringz(m): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Stiflersammy:

Well if you can live in cotonou for 6 month, it would be worth it though. Else if you wanna do otherwise you'll waste money.
What's the otherwise
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hillz31: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
tobystringz:

What's the otherwise
Otherwise means if you don’t have the permanent resident permit for benin republic, don’t bother booking appointment with them…

U will get the appointment but the first thing they request is the permanent resident permit….

Permanent not temporal oo…

This was my experience in 2020 before finally came back to Nigeria and got shifted to category A
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kathy4jesus: 12:43am On Jun 19, 2021
Guys what does it mean to upload Copy of valid ID or Passport on online application, does it mean photograph passport pls answer?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 1:51am On Jun 19, 2021
Kathy4jesus:
Guys what does it mean to upload Copy of valid ID or Passport on online application, does it mean photograph passport pls answer?

Data page of you international passport.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 6:32am On Jun 19, 2021
Hillz31:

Otherwise means if you don’t have the permanent resident permit for benin republic, don’t bother booking appointment with them…

U will get the appointment but the first thing they request is the permanent resident permit….

This was my experience in 2020 before finally came back to Nigeria and got shifted to category A

It doesn't matter,whether temporary or permanent.
I don't think Benin Republic even issue permanent resident permit.
What the German Embassy there require from you is "resident permit" of at least 6 months from the date of issuance.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Omonihobae: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2021
Good morning,pls o I got admission into nursing but its dual am being paid,do I still need block account and also is cat A or B
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2021
How long did you have to wait from reg date to AD date for category A?
Hillz31:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cortix(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2021
Guys, I got admission from a private uni in Germany for a Bsc course the school only requested for my WAEC and Jamb UTME.

Do I need to get my Degree certificate and transcript for embassy interview or is it just the documents the school required?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Privacy247: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
MrAAA2:

NO.
You must be legal resident of the country you are applying from. Some requires you to have lived there for 3-6 months.

Thank you for replying.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hillz31: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Elninoarmando:

It doesn't matter,whether temporary or permanent.
I don't think Benin Republic even issue permanent resident permit.
What the German Embassy there require from you is "resident permit" of at least 6 months from the date of issuance.
Oga I am telling you what I know from experience… I went to Cotonou with a resident resident permit and they told me the one they need… I spent 2 weeks trying to gather documents to reapply again…

Anyways it’s all in the past…God heard my prayers I’m in Freiburg now

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hillz31: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
oxyba:
How long did you have to wait from reg date to AD date for category A?
I can’t recall bro… but I think it got that AD 2wks after my registration… I had my interview In November and my visa came in January after I was asked to go to Abuja and make a correction in my passport…
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bruv please can you explain further your comment.

they told you which one... ?

Can you share your experience?

Hillz31:

Oga I am telling you what I know from experience… I went to Cotonou with a resident resident permit and they told me the one they need… I spent 2 weeks trying to gather documents to reapply again…

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ohswagz: 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
Omonihobae:
Good morning,pls o I got admission into nursing but its dual am being paid,do I still need block account and also is cat A or B
Pls, which nursing school/institution is that? And Wats d required German level to apply?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by EmmanuelCena(m): 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hello fam.
I only got the chance to go through the about 15 pages on the thread.

Please what are the chances of getting appointment for visa interview? Going by info here, the chances are very slim

I got admitted to Start Msc studies in University of Duisburg Essen. Classes start in October. It was a Winter application.
Bsc was a 2:1

How do I go about the visa application also ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tobystringz(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
EmmanuelCena:
Hello fam.

Please what are the chances of getting appointment for visa interview? Going by info here, the chances are very slim

I got admitted to Start Msc studies in University of Duisburg Essen. Classes start in October. It was a Winter application.

You'll have to wait a year to get AD bruv

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
Apply for the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship in your school, hopefully it gets awarded on time and puts you in category A, you can book your appointment now under category B which AD is tough getting but don't lose faith
EmmanuelCena:
Hello fam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by richy16(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
oxyba:
Apply for the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship in your school, hopefully it gets awarded on time and puts you in category A, you can book your appointment now under category B which AD is tough getting but don't lose faith
How can one apply for the scholarship, navigate the website didn't see how to apply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HorlarJP: 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hello Nairalanders
Can I apply for a Germany student visa as a Nigerian living in Dubai. I have my resident ID in Dubai.
So can I apply for a German study visa without going back to Nigeria from here.

And almost everyone knows Germany educations are free, please are they still free? And what do I even need to start ?
Canada declined me early this year and I don’t want to waste my hard earned money by applying to Canada again or for the United Stated visa that is even more strict.
And I read few pages from the thread and see that I have to wait a year before getting an interview or so. Omoh …

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
You apply for it Via the school website, most public and some private schools offer it and generally there's no restriction (that means international student who are admitted can apply for it)
Look for it under scholarship and financing, if it's tough you just use keywords on the website search bar
richy16:

How can one apply for the scholarship, navigate the website didn't see how to apply

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HorlarJP: 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
kiss
HorlarJP:
Hello Nairalanders
Can I apply for a Germany student visa as a Nigerian living in Dubai. I have my resident ID in Dubai.

And almost everyone knows Germany educations are free, please are they still free? And what do I even need to start ?
Canada declined me early this year and I don’t want to waste my hard earned money by applying to Canada again or for the United Stated visa that is even more strict.
And I read few pages from the thread and see that I have to wait a year before getting an interview or so. Omoh …

Please any reply?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Since you're in Dubai, you can apply from there, you don't have a problem. It's the German embassy in Naija that is moving mad jare.
HorlarJP:
Hello Nairalanders

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2021
HorlarJP:
Hello Nairalanders

Yes,you can.
Please,i've sent you a private message.
Reply via your e-mail please.
Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzesinachi1(m): 9:43am On Jun 20, 2021
Please can I get the link to Canada waka platform?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hillz31:

No vex.
Was it "carte de sejour" you went with?
I went to the German embassy in Cotonou in March and what the official demanded from me was just a resident permit of at least 6 months old.
I called my aunty that resides in Cotonou to get clarity on this matter and she told me that the "carte de sejour" is the permanent resident permit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (707) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Aka2003, samirus and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.