Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,204 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1102951 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by anotherguyonNL: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
They send your passport to you with your visa using the your preferred prepaid courier.

They don't send an email informing you if your visa applicationwas successful?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2021
Visa application booking is when you book for an interview and that comes with a prompt when all your details are correct.

After your interview, you get your passport sent to you with a visa or with reasons why you were not given visa

anotherguyonNL:

They don't send an email informing you if your visa applicationwas successful?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
The embassy no go reply to the appointment request emails but when you send them an email about the blocked account they will answer almost immediately.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Visa application booking is when you book for an interview and that comes with a prompt when all your details are correct.

After your interview, you get your passport sent to you with a visa or with reasons why you were not given visa

No.
After the interview,you'd be given back your passport.
You'll get visa approval/rejection mail after some weeks of interview.
If approved,you'll go to the consulate with your passport for visa stamping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justt: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2021
justt:
Hello, How do you guys provide proof of accommodation for your visa application?

I will be visiting University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Lemgo for a short research stay. Can someone help with accommodation?

I still need help with accommodation in Lemgo/Detmold. Any assistance will be appreciated.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by computaholicGoc(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2021
Hey

I did this some years back via zenith bank:

I can send you a snapshot of the forms I completed via email.

These are some of the details:

Purpose of payment: school fees/semester fees/maintenance (after all you ll still be paying semester fee twice a year)

Beneficiary name: my name

I attached my admission letter, confirmation of monthly expenses as determined by the Deutsches Studentenwerk ( I will send you a copy of this, it was also signed by my school ) ,
Account opening letter from Deutsche bank,
My certificates

Tips:
Find a way to connect with the bank manager because some of the bankers are rookies and are oblivious of forex, some are even afraid to get involved if it’s complicated

Try smaller states or branches ( I used Zentih bank Umuahia )

Again it took some time even with my connect ( I was always at the bank drinking coffee lol)

Best wishes

Ekessy:
Hello guys

I seriously need assistance! If you have done blocking through a Nigerian bank or you know someone who did and the person will be willing to guide, kindly respond.

From this platform, I learnt that Sterling and Access were the best plug. But since May, 2021 I have moved from Sterling to Access and Keystone bank trying to block without success. The first two told me after I contacted them a little after a month of submission of Form A and relevant documents that the transaction was declined because it is a blocked account. Access bank went further to request that I provide a document from my school. The school obliged and sent a document acknowledging the fintiba account I opened. They added that it's a prerequisite for Visa application but this changed nothing. Keystone on the other hand gave me false hope when they debited me on Wednesday only to call yesterday morning to say that they cannot pay into the account since my name is the beneficiary's name. They also said that I wrote 'study fee' on the Form A while the money was for upkeep. And they would prefer I provide an account whose beneficiary's name will reflect the name of the school. A friend who works at the bank made further inquiries and got back to me to cancel study fee and write upkeep. Now I discussed this with the manager of the branch but she insisted that she's not processing upkeep with form A before I cause her to lose her job.

At this point, I am confused and I don't know what to think or do. Am I making a mistake in the filling of the form? Can I actually have an account with Fintiba that can combine the name of the school I am going to and my name as the beneficiary's name? Is there a change in bank policy against funding of German blocking with form A?

Please anyone with useful information should help me. I trust you will be helping some others sooner than later.

Apologies for the lengthy write-up. God bless!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by computaholicGoc(m): 7:18am On Aug 27, 2021
Your best option is to enter Wg-gesucht or search for your school forum on facebook. You will see students who want to sublet their apartments or rooms for short term.

Good luck

justt:

I still need help with accommodation in Lemgo/Detmold. Any assistance will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mrLj(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2021
Elninoarmando:

I suggest you check the link for family re-union.

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/visa/family-reunion-visa/1015542

Thanks you very much

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mykelmichie1: 10:41am On Aug 27, 2021
Good day all,
Please.... can I also apply for my student visa interview in abuja embassy, or it mst be Lagos Consulate?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2021
mykelmichie1:
Good day all,
Please.... can I also apply for my student visa interview in abuja embassy, or it mst be Lagos Consulate?

Lagos handles student visa. They will re-direct you even if you call them.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mie20: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2021
olutosyne:
good morning great people,

I applied and hope for winter admission which in oct 2021.

My school interview(TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF MUNICH) is scheduled for 27th Aug,2021.

I'm so eager what and what should I be expecting in the interview?

Also ,can I still make it for oct Admission because I have not applied for student visa ?

Pls what is d next stage after interview

Please I applied to the school but yet to be notified for my aptitude test, if you don't mind, please can you help share the questions you were asked so as to have a clue what to expect when eventually called for my own test. Thanks!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 3:32am On Aug 28, 2021
info@nidcom.gov.ng

grin grin grin grin
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 8:05am On Aug 28, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
info@nidcom.gov.ng

grin grin grin grin

Can everyone on this German waka thread draft a letter to Hon, Abike Dabiri-Erewa informing her of our plights concerning getting an appointment with German embassy in Nigeria especially those that fall into category B.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mrbrodaman: 8:20am On Aug 28, 2021
I am writing this here because I see what Nigerian students and not just Nigerian students but African students at large are going through regarding this Germany situation and after a long time of being involved in this situation I can say that something doesn't quite add up.

Not to discourage anyone but this German thing is now a racket, a well calculated one if I may add. The thing don pass getting a date for interview. I know people that got dates in Benin and also in Ghana and after weeks of waiting, they had their visa denied for some of the most frivolous reasons. It is know about who you know and how you can "cheat" the system using the help of an "inside man" ......keep reading.

These Germans are now using African students to raise funds through their visa fees of 75 euros, similar to what the Americans did a couple of years ago. It's a calculated scheme, dem don see sey we dey desperate, I know of people who also funded blocked account, submit health insurance proof on the DAY of the interview, VO collect money, keep the applicants waiting for 9 weeks (current waiting period) and then after all that time they came up with a silly reason of denial. E don red now. The Germans however are very pretentious people and they are trying to white wash their image so they would rather bring in Afghans, Iraqis and Syrians that have absolutely no skill and can neither speak German or English, they do all this just to have the image of a caring nation on the global stage as they are historically known as being a very power drunk and manipulative nation, so guess what happens when these Afghans and Syrians with no skill come into Germany? They are totally unemployable and can't pay taxes so the German government place them on welfare and do you know one of the ways (note that I said one of the ways, it's not the only way but one of it) the German government get funds for their welfare programs? Through the visa fees that gets paid globally by numerous desperate African students looking for a better life.

The USA did this and after African students realized and stopped flooding the USA embassy, what happened? They started making their application system a little more easier as they desperately need the funds from the Visa fee. UK did it also when Theresa may was the PM, Now they are trying to make the UK attractive for African students by promising an 18mths stay after studies. Germans now have gotten the idea, they offer free education alright so you might ask, so where do they get their money from? Visa fees and in some cases that YOUR money that is in blocked account, it's only there in numbers as anyone who knows how the banking sector operates knows that funds are used for large scale trades - Forex, Hedge funds, Real estate and more recently Crypto. So while you are appealing your denial or praying and fasting you are contributing to the Visa scam that has been going on in the German embassy across Africa for about 2 years now, while they in turn use your money to trade and accommodate refugees who have no skills and no plans of assimilating or contributing to society while desperately trying to launder their image as a new Germany, a new image far away from the "world domination" days.

Guys, wake up. Germany don cast. Not just for Nigeria. I know Africans that also share this sentiment. Some ask their Asian friends to show them their own application and guess what, the Asian motivation letter and application is below the standard of the African but the Indian/Pakistani application is accepted over that of the African.
I have a friend, he is from the Republic of Benin ( I no go drop him name as na my guy and I no want cast am lol. His application was also rejected but now he is in Germany, do you know how he overturned the rejection? A fellow Benin man who works as a V.O exchanged numbers with the guy and gave him tips on how to overturn the rejection, what to bring, how to write his appeal letter basically the V.O gave the guy a cheat sheet and now the guy is in Germany ( wouldn't mention the City). True Story.

Guys no be everything person go talk for here. Germany don cast. Try other places.

I.am.out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
mrbrodaman:
I am writing this here because I see what Nigerian students and not just Nigerian students but African students at large are going through regarding this Germany situation and after a long time of being involved in this situation I can say that something doesn't quite add up.

Not to discourage anyone but this German thing is now a racket, a well calculated one if I may add. The thing don pass getting a date for interview. I know people that got dates in Benin and also in Ghana and after weeks of waiting, they had their visa denied for some of the most frivolous reasons. It is know about who you know and how you can "cheat" the system using the help of an "inside man" ......keep reading.

These Germans are now using African students to raise funds through their visa fees of 75 euros, similar to what the Americans did a couple of years ago. It's a calculated scheme, dem don see sey we dey desperate, I know of people who also funded blocked account, submit health insurance proof on the DAY of the interview, VO collect money, keep the applicants waiting for 9 weeks (current waiting period) and then after all that time they came up with a silly reason of denial. E don red now. The Germans however are very pretentious people and they are trying to white wash their image so they would rather bring in Afghans, Iraqis and Syrians that have absolutely no skill and can neither speak German or English, they do all this just to have the image of a caring nation on the global stage as they are historically known as being a very power drunk and manipulative nation, so guess what happens when these Afghans and Syrians with no skill come into Germany? They are totally unemployable and can't pay taxes so the German government place them on welfare and do you know one of the ways (note that I said one of the ways, it's not the only way but one of it) the German government get funds for their welfare programs? Through the visa fees that gets paid globally by numerous desperate African students looking for a better life.

The USA did this and after African students realized and stopped flooding the USA embassy, what happened? They started making their application system a little more easier as they desperately need the funds from the Visa fee. UK did it also when Theresa may was the PM, Now they are trying to make the UK attractive for African students by promising an 18mths stay after studies. Germans now have gotten the idea, they offer free education alright so you might ask, so where do they get their money from? Visa fees and in some cases that YOUR money that is in blocked account, it's only there in numbers as anyone who knows how the banking sector operates knows that funds are used for large scale trades - Forex, Hedge funds, Real estate and more recently Crypto. So while you are appealing your denial or praying and fasting you are contributing to the Visa scam that has been going on in the German embassy across Africa for about 2 years now, while they in turn use your money to trade and accommodate refugees who have no skills and no plans of assimilating or contributing to society while desperately trying to launder their image as a new Germany, a new image far away from the "world domination" days.

Guys, wake up. Germany don cast. Not just for Nigeria. I know Africans that also share this sentiment. Some ask their Asian friends to show them their own application and guess what, the Asian motivation letter and application is below the standard of the African but the Indian/Pakistani application is accepted over that of the African.
I have a friend, he is from the Republic of Benin ( I no go drop him name as na my guy and I no want cast am lol. His application was also rejected but now he is in Germany, do you know how he overturned the rejection? A fellow Benin man who works as a V.O exchanged numbers with the guy and gave him tips on how to overturn the rejection, what to bring, how to write his appeal letter basically the V.O gave the guy a cheat sheet and now the guy is in Germany ( wouldn't mention the City). True Story.

Guys no be everything person go talk for here. Germany don cast. Try other places.

I.am.out.

People go just enter here, dey type sh...it. With their time.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2021
mrbrodaman:

I.am.out.

I was patiently reading this long and empty passage to see where you would mention that at least one person was given visa.
All I see is denial!denial!!denial!!.
So,German consulate no longer issue visas to students except you go through the "back yard" or know someone inside?
So,you haven't seen those given visas on this platform?
I accept the fact that the quota for student visa application in Nigeria is few and this is hitting category B applicants hard,except that,every other thing you wrote here is nonsensical.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
princejck:

People go just enter here, dey type sh...it. With their time.

As in eh.
No be small rubbish.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
Good day house,
Can someone kindly point me to the post were we have a compilation of multiple visa interview transcripts.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
Adisa471:
Good day house,
Can someone kindly point me to the post were we have a compilation of multiple visa interview transcripts.

Thanks.

They might ask more,but these are the most common questions.

What's the name of the course you're going for in Germany?

Why this course?

Why not study it in Nigeria,USA,Canada,UK etc?

What's the name of the school?

What did you study in your bachelor's?

What's your bachelor's thesis?

What did you learn from your bachelor's thesis?

How is your bachelor's related to this course?

Are you going to come back after your studies and what are you going to do?

Are you going to set up your own firm in this field?

What do you know about Germany-politically, geographically and economically?

What's Germany's GDP?

Do you have or know someone in Germany-family member,friend etc?

What does the person(s) do?

God's grace all the way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UncleJudax(m): 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
mrbrodaman:

I.am.out.
Things have really changed over the years. As much as there may be some truth in what you have written, the major take away is that Nigeria has hugely deteriorated since i left some years ago. And the desperation to leave has skyrocketed. These foreigners see this, they are in the country.

Note: There is no free education here. You just don't pay tuition.

Also, of course people can try other places, but there are not too many countries with better offer than Germany - quality education at a very low cost.

I get the sentiment about bringing people from the middle East, but they are free to do what they want (there will be consequences), just like Nigeria has freely and successfully ruined (and continue to ruin) many lives.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2021
Yes ooh, na why I drop the email be that cos I see she is talking about another diaspora issue.

daambassador:

Can everyone on this German waka thread draft a letter to Hon, Abike Dabiri-Erewa informing her of our plights concerning getting an appointment with German embassy in Nigeria especially those that fall into category B.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lol e don cast, e don cast.

We all understand the situation.

The facts still say they will sha accept some people.

It's that SOME be the koko. Some people will get denials no doubt.

Germany is a good place but we all know that we should have a plan B.

All the guys that went from Turkey and Poland why dem no deny them visa na??

Get your facts right and no need to be emotional about it, no be our papa country.

Boys go still move one way or the other.

mrbrodaman:

I.am.out.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 1:38am On Aug 29, 2021
Thanks. God bless.
Elninoarmando:

They might ask more,but these are the most common questions.

What's the name of the course you're going for in Germany?

Why this course?

Why not study it in Nigeria,USA,Canada,UK etc?

What's the name of the school?

What did you study in your bachelor's?

What's your bachelor's thesis?

What did you learn from your bachelor's thesis?

How is your bachelor's related to this course?

Are you going to come back after your studies and what are you going to do?

Are you going to set up your own firm in this field?

What do you know about Germany-politically, geographically and economically?

What's Germany's GDP?

Do you have or know someone in Germany-family member,friend etc?

What does the person(s) do?

God's grace all the way.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justt: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2021
Thank you.
I have been able to get one (from the link you suggested).

computaholicGoc:
Your best option is to enter Wg-gesucht or search for your school forum on facebook. You will see students who want to sublet their apartments or rooms for short term.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hello guys,
For those who have gone for interview, did you go with travel insurance? Because I don't see it on the checklist.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Adisa471:
Hello guys,
For those who have gone for interview, did you go with travel insurance? Because I don't see it on the checklist.

You don't.
You come with it,together with health insurance during visa stamping ie after your visa has been approved.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cmark11: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Adisa471:
Hello guys,

The new checklist stated clearly that SCHOLARSHIP students should also submit their health insurance DIRECTLY. So, if you're a scholarship student, you may consider bringing it along on the day of your interview.

However, I don't think it's a must. This is because if you don't submit, they'll ask you to send it along with passport and travel date when your Visa is approved.

Good luck �

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
nistelrising:
I feel you would have to liase with the guy to agree on a workable rate for both of you... if you are interested, I can connect you to the guy..hope this helps

Hello. I sent you a pm
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sammie099: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2021
Hi Bro. Pls can I message you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eater0011: 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dear ********

Due to the Corona pandemic and the associated difficulties, special regulations were made in the Bavarian Higher Education Law ("Bayerisches Hochschulgesetz"). Concerning these regulations in Art. 99 "Bayerisches Hochschulgesetz" to the standard dates and deadlines specified in the examination regulations, the summer semester 2021 is not be considered as regular semesters ("Fachsemester"). For students enrolled in the summer semester 2021, an individual standard period of study deviating from the standard period of study applies. The individual standard period of study corresponds to the standard period of study extended by one semester for each enrolled semester (SoSe 20, WiSe 20/21, SoSe 21). The F***s department of student affairs has informed us that deadlines have been adjusted accordingly in your academic procedures.

You should view all deadlines concerning examinations and master thesis via the Student Portal (under the "Exams" ("Prüfungen") tab, "Grade Sheet with Deadlines" ("Notenblatt mit Fristen")). Here, the "Corona semester" is taken into account in each case, so your study period should already be extended for one semester.

Our International Office has already informed us that it will continue to be difficult for students from Nigeria to obtain a visa in time for the winter semester 2021/2022. Therefore, at the next meeting of the Examination Board on 11th October, we can decide on a further extension for another semester.

Best regards,

Head of Examination Board

This is from a friend..it obvious that the process will continue to get tougher, read the last paragraph .this is from a reliable source. I came out advising you guy's but some came out attacking me that I am feeling ontop of the world, me been in Munich does not make me better than anyone here..guys look for alternative route, imagine this person have to keep paying registration fee till the embassy attend to him..it is well.peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (707) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: dumininu01(m), walexy06(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.