Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1106966 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uwodeovie: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
Adisa471:
Go to sterling Bank and tell them it is for blocked account. If the staff doesn't understand tell them to call their hq in Lagos to confirm. Tell them your friends have done it successfully with Sterling Bank.

I did mine on Monday(this week) and the payment was debited on Tuesday morning. In short, Fintiba gave me my blocking details on Thursday. It was so fast, e shock me sef.

Please use Sterling Bank. I had to open a new account with them but it was worth it.

Pls drop the address of the sterling bank branch you used. I'm also facing the same problem. Or can you pls send your email to discuss better. Please.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uwodeovie: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2021
Finiks:

Congratulations. Is that Category B also?
Yes
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cmark11: 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
Visa Interview Transcript
Date of Interview 24th August, 2021
Category A.
Date of Approval Mail: 26th August, 2021.

First, I must state that this is more like a testimony (of course I will give a detailed interview questions and answers as I can still remember) to the GLORY OF JESUS because it is very clear that I'm not more qualified than anyone here or there. Jesus showed me mercy and made my little work fruitful.

Yes...now, to the transcript proper...

I arrived the embassy quite early though my interview date was 9AM. I think that helped as I used that time to spend 8k for photocopy. Foolish me.. lol. Didn't check well to see that every document must be in TWO SET except where otherwise stated.

At the embassy, I met a guy I supposed is an Erasmus Mundus scholar. We waited together but then he first entered the ROOM 4 for the interview. And in about 20mins later he came out. It was now my turn to face the VO.

VO: Why are you here?
Me: visa application interview
VO: which category?
Me: Category A
VO: what qualified you for this category?
Me: scholarship
VO: pass me your award letter, passport and certificate.
Me: I did. (She checked it and asked, "how much is it?" I answered and she highlighted that part of the award letter. Then she went out to go and confirm it, I guess, and returned in few minutes).
VO: did you block your account?
Me: yes, I blocked the deficit.
VO: pass it on to me. (She did some checking and balancing and confirmed that everything was in order financially.
VO: lemme have your visa application fee
Me: I passed it.
VO: I will take your finger prints now
Me: okay (in my mind...wow na so ein dey be ?lol)

(She took every information and filled into the computer before here)

After about 15mins,

VO: let's now start the interview... please be quick in answering the questions she warned.
Me: eweeeeh.....so interview never start self...kaii
VO: tell me what you know about Germany politically?
Me: answered (please the answers are easily found online....I can share my summary note I prepared for common facts about Germany with you. Dont wanna make this so long. Thank you for your understanding)
VO:. What are going to study?
Me: answered
VO: why not Nigeria, US or Canada? Why did you choose Germany?
VO: What did you do in your bachelor's research thesis?
Me: answered.

(VO got angry saying "why are you saying this research topic like I understand what you're saying...so fast? .....me: in my mind, but you called for it. VO continued... please spell!)

Me: I spelt the field related terms for her.

VO: what's your occupation?
Me: I teach chemistry
VO: where?
Me: I mentioned the name of the secondary school.

(VO paused and then I saw a paper being printed out from her computer. She passed the paper to me. Men and brethren.. behold it was 3 theory Chemistry Questions oo)

I was like, science question in an interview? Never expected that at all. But then to the glory of God, I have an idea in the all 3 three questions, even though I was later going to realize that I answered one wrongly)

Me: solved quickly and passed it on to her
VO: with such a disappointing look on her face, "is this the best you can give me?
Me: I can still add something. Collected it and add more info to number 3 question and gave back to her.

VO: alright. How much is your salary?
Me: 43K
VO: What?! What can that do for you? Are you married.
Me: no, single
VO: can you even marry with such amount?
Me: actually, most private schools pay that low
VO: what about public schools. How much do they pay?
Me: for my level, something around 60k
VO: okay.(she then passed my passport)
Me: my heart wasn't at rest seeing my passport coming back to me. I believed they'd retain it, afterall I'm a scholar lol )
Me: ma, am I going with my passport?
VO: yes. Let's see. Be checking your email...she mentioned my email to get a confirmation.
Me: Okay. Thank you.

That was how my interview went. I got my AM in TWO days and sent back my passport for stamping.

My recommendation: God can actually do anything for you. Just keep believing as you work. If you can apply for scholarships, please do. It's a great Plus. I was in Cat B last year. With the scholarship, I booked for interview on 11th August at 17.00 and got date that same day at 18.00.

Also, spread your net. I did the same. I had even forgotten about Germany but then saw the scholarship and applied and it came through.

I am now in Deutschland Friends. Everyone must succeed brothers and sisters. It just won't happ at the same time. So while we wait for our goodnesws, let's keep clapping for others. Shalom

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Johnnyark: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
Congratulations Brother. Go and succeed!!

Please share the summary of politics in Germany.

Thank you

cmark11:
Category A.

First, I must state that this is more like a testimony (of course I will give a detailed interview questions and answers as I can still remember) to the GLORY OF JESUS because it is very clear that I'm not more qualified than anyone here or there. Jesus showed me mercy and made my little work fruitful.

I arrived the embassy quite early though my interview date was 9AM. I think that helped as I used that time to spend 8k for photocopy. Foolish me.. lol. Didn't check well to see that every document must be in TWO SET except where otherwise stated.

At the embassy, I met a guy I supposed is an Erasmus Mundus scholar. We waited together but then he first entered the ROOM 4 for the interview. And in about 20mins later he came out. It was now my turn to face the VO.

Me: I did. (She checked it and asked, "how much is it?" I answered and she highlighted that part of the award letter. Then she went out to go and confirm it, I guess, and returned in few minutes).
VO: pass it on to me. (She did some checking and balancing and confirmed that everything was in order financially.

After about 15mins,

VO: let's now start the interview... please be quick in answering the questions she warned.
Me: answered (please the answers are easily found online....I can share my summary note I prepared for common facts about Germany with you. Dont wanna make this so long. Thank you for your understanding)

(VO got angry saying "why are you saying this research topic like I understand what you're saying...so fast? .....me: in my mind, but you called for it. VO continued... please spell!)

(VO paused and then I saw a paper being printed out from her computer. She passed the paper to me. Men and brethren.. behold it was 3 theory Chemistry Questions oo)

I was like, science question in an interview? Never expected that at all. But then to the glory of God, I have an idea in the all 3 three questions, even though I was later going to realize that I answered one wrongly)

VO: with such a disappointing look on her face, "is this the best you can give me?
Me: I can still add something. Collected it and add more info to number 3 question and gave back to her.

Me: my heart wasn't at rest seeing my passport coming back to me. I believed they'd retain it, afterall I'm a scholar lol )
VO: yes. Let's see. Be checking your email...she mentioned my email to get a confirmation.

That was how my interview went. I got my AM in TWO days and sent back my passport for stamping.

My recommendation: God can actually do anything for you. Just keep believing as you work. If you can apply for scholarships, please do. It's a great Plus. I was in Cat B last year. With the scholarship, I booked for interview on 11th August at 17.00 and got date that same day at 18.00.

Also, spread your net. I did the same. I had even forgotten about Germany but then saw the scholarship and applied and it came through.

I am now in Deutschland Friends. Everyone must succeed brothers and sisters. It just won't happ at the same time. So while we wait for our goodnesws, let's keep clapping for others. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uwodeovie: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
cmark11:
Category A.

After about 15mins,

Your testimony is heart warming and highly encouraging. I love it. I'm happy for you. Congrats. If only we can all endeavour to also put GOD first. Weldon bro.

Pls share me the address of the bank you used for your block account. Urgently needed. Please

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
Please those that applied on 1st of April 10 to 12pm and got date. What's the ending of your reference number for instance 503,504
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2021
Any sterling Bank would work. But I used the one in Garki Area 3, Abuja. Send me a message via Nairaland, I always reply.
uwodeovie:

Pls drop the address of the sterling bank branch you used. I'm also facing the same problem. Or can you pls send your email to discuss better. Please.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TOMSY(f): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
Please guys can someone whose school recently resumed already (no online lectures) still go for interview if called?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
TOMSY:
Please guys can someone whose school recently resumed already (no online lectures) still go for interview if called?

Yes if the deadline written on your admission letter is still valid
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by BlaqReg: 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
Damzellina:
Hi Everyone
Is there anyone going to University of Kassel?
International Food Business and Consumers Studies, let's connect please
Yeah I am going to university of Kassel but not the same course.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by BlaqReg: 12:04am On Oct 17, 2021
oluwasojikenny:
Hello house, I want to ask if an appointment dates falls on a public holiday in Nigeria, will the german embassy still conduct the interview

Please I have been asking the same the same question. I guess we would get a Mail if they won’t conduct the interview
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by BlaqReg: 12:22am On Oct 17, 2021
Ekessy:

Thank you very much for your assistance, Adisa.

Please, let us be properly guided and save some energy. Banks still fund fintiba account with form A at a rate you cannot get from anyone (black market or Agents in Germany).

Like my friend Adisa told me, 'bankers don't like going away from routine and most times it is easier for them to tell you straight up that the funding cannot fly'. Persist and suggest politely that they call head office and enquire because your friend just did same thing.

The commonest challenge we usually have with the application is that the fintiba document carries your name as the beneficiary's name. To circumvent this, go through the fintiba app and use fintiba transfer. Follow the prompt with 'recommended transferwire' and get a transfermate document at the end. At this point, you will see that you are required to pay in dollars and the beneficiary's name is no more your name.

I eventually paid through Keystone bank and surprisingly, with the fintiba document. All I was asked to do was to change study fee I wrote as purpose of payment on my form A to upkeep.

I hope this helps someone.
I wish I saw this earlier would have saved me and my family a lot of money

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cmark11: 4:38am On Oct 17, 2021
uwodeovie:

Your testimony is heart warming and highly encouraging. I love it. I'm happy for you. Congrats. If only we can all endeavour to also put GOD first. Weldon bro.

Pls share me the address of the bank you used for your block account. Urgently needed. Please

Thank you so much bro. Okay, I used Fintiba and the transaction was done via individual
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Johnnyark: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
Please, who can help with raising the €10332 for the blocked account?

I need ideas and it is urgent.
Even if it is a loan, I don't mind. Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dex711: 3:05am On Oct 19, 2021
cmark11:
Category A.

After about 15mins,

Congrats bro, pls what do you mean by blocking deficit. Can you explain that part? I thought you only block an account when you are financing yourself.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chisomonyeke: 5:44am On Oct 19, 2021
cmark11:
Category A.

After about 15mins,

Please Cmark
Can I contact you personally
I also teach chemistry and has booked cat B
Can you mention the scholarship you applied to?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chisomonyeke: 5:58am On Oct 19, 2021
Good morning Bosses
God bless all
I have booked category B since 6tt April
Is it possible to still use the booking for summer next year.

Or should I cancel and nook for next year because my start date is October
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by philchudi: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2021
Please who knows any School open for application for winter intake now.

Please � help
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aafiyah: 10:38am On Oct 19, 2021
Hi.
Has anyone tried to get a refund of their semester fee through UBA? Did you use the same account you paid with as the account for refund or did you use UBA CITIBANK account? I have attached a picture for better understanding.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cmark11: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
The scholarship is not fully funded that's why. So, the deficit I had to block

dex711:

Congrats bro, pls what do you mean by blocking deficit. Can you explain that part? I thought you only block an account when you are financing yourself.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tegan: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
Congrats
cmark11:
Category A.

After about 15mins,

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
Congratulations !!

I am curious, do you mind sharing the title of the scholarship you got.
cmark11:
Category A.

After about 15mins,

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tegan: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Congrats bro, what scholarship are currently ongoing for food related courses for masters programs.
cmark11:
Category A.

After about 15mins,

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TripleJ03(f): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
What God cannot do does not exist.... I just got my appointment date tody

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2021
TripleJ03:
What God cannot do does not exist.... I just got my appointment date tody

Wow please congratulations
Please what date and what time did u apply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TripleJ03(f): 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
5th April
MICng:

Wow please congratulations
Please what date and what time did u apply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
TripleJ03:
5th April
Wow e Don reach 5th April people or are u category A?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
TripleJ03:
5th April
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TripleJ03(f): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
Category B
MICng:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Finiks: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
chisomonyeke:
Good morning Bosses
God bless all
I have booked category B since 6tt April
Is it possible to still use the booking for summer next year.

Or should I cancel and nook for next year because my start date is October

I don't think you should cancel it. Just leave it till when you get called cause canceling it will put you at the end of whatever list there is as at now.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
TripleJ03:
Category B
Wow that's nice
Are you going for masters or Bachelors
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dondadah: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
Tegan:
Congrats bro, what scholarship are currently ongoing for food related courses for masters programs.
Hello everyone I have few questions I want to ask, and I will be very glad if I can get as much answers to it. My partner was admitted to GISMA Business school and I’m planning to accompany her.
1. Can I open a block account and my partner to be sponsored by one our relatives? Is it possible for dependent to open a block account and main student should use sponsorship letter? If yes, what are the requirements for the dependent to open the block account.
2. How much does a dependent need to block in his/her account, is it up to 5k euro when main student is 10k euro
3. Will dependent also needs to go for interview also or it’s the main student that will drop
His/her spouse document on their interview date.
4. Is it compulsory for the partner school to be aware that a dependent is following her, or is there any form to be filled as a dependent in that school for the dependent visa to be processed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.