Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1105265 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 4:15am On Dec 03, 2021
Samoluv:
Thanks....booked last week , looking forward to apply for summer semester that begins by April 1st.
Would u advice I cancel and book for the winter semester October or just leave the booking I did like that.
My session begins April too. Which school did you apply to
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 4:49am On Dec 03, 2021
EMMA8888:

I booked on 1st April by 8am thereabout. Cat B.
I got A.D today.
My advice: Be patient, prayerful and don't fall to d temptation of cancelling ur booking; else, u'll be taking yourself back. Just ensure to be up-to-date with your school, especially if online classes are possible.
E go reach everybody... Let's remain civil!
Bro please does your ref number started with 135... Let me know my faith
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Johnnyark: 6:49am On Dec 03, 2021
Include it, the same way it is on your passport

dex711:
Question to guys that have gone through an interview. When registering for an appointment, is it wrong to exclude my middle name since there is no field for that or do I include it with my first name separated by a space in the first name field.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dex711: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2021
Johnnyark:

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olaoluwaaci: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2021
CooKeed:
To God be the be the glory. I have received my visa.

It's been a very long walk. I actually got an AD in December 2020 but due to an unfortunate turn of events, I had to forfeit it. Anyway, God has His own plans and timing.

Booked on 1st April. Cat B

AD: 19.10.21.

Interview: 26.10.21 (Just a week to prepare and fund block account. It was a race against time but God came through.

AM: 22.11.21. (I submitted my travel date and insurance certificate on the same day)

Visa: 27.11.21 (I went to dhl to collect it, rather than wait for delivery)

My Interview Questions:
What do you know about Germany?
Economy of Germany?
Geography of Germany? Etc.
Why did you choose to study in Germany?
Why your chosen programme?
Do you speak German?
Final year project?
Plans after studies?

Then I was given some multiple choice questions to solve.

Thank you to all the people who supported me with information when I reached out. I couldn't possibly name you all.

I wish everyone the best.

Congratulations bro!

That means you waited for 7 months for an appointment?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 03, 2021
Johnnyark:

What if it was excluded?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Greatihex(m): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
Can one with HND lower credit get admission to do masters directly in Germany? @Justwise.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TJ10: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2021
Does the mail that says submit your passport, travel insurance and date of travel mean AM.

After submission of these, how long does it take to get your passport and other documents back.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by EMMA8888: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
daviesblaze:

Bro please does your ref number started with 135... Let me know my faith

No Sir... It's 128... Rather.
The very best!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Samoluv(m): 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Uni-mainz and which shoool are you resuming at?
daviesblaze:

My session begins April too. Which school did you apply to
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Johnnyark: 11:53am On Dec 05, 2021
Congratulations. It means AM.

If there's no delay, you should have your visa in less than 10days

TJ10:
Does the mail that says submit your passport, travel insurance and date of travel mean AM.

After submission of these, how long does it take to get your passport and other documents back.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dex711: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
CooKeed:
To God be the be the glory. I have received my visa.

It's been a very long walk. I actually got an AD in December 2020 but due to an unfortunate turn of events, I had to forfeit it. Anyway, God has His own plans and timing.

Booked on 1st April. Cat B

AD: 19.10.21.

Interview: 26.10.21 (Just a week to prepare and fund block account. It was a race against time but God came through.

AM: 22.11.21. (I submitted my travel date and insurance certificate on the same day)

Visa: 27.11.21 (I went to dhl to collect it, rather than wait for delivery)

My Interview Questions:
What do you know about Germany?
Economy of Germany?
Geography of Germany? Etc.
Why did you choose to study in Germany?
Why your chosen programme?
Do you speak German?
Final year project?
Plans after studies?

Then I was given some multiple choice questions to solve.

Thank you to all the people who supported me with information when I reached out. I couldn't possibly name you all.

I wish everyone the best.

Please can you explain the next steps you took after receiving your AM? The courier part isn't clear to me.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
dex711:

Please can you explain the next steps you took after receiving your AM? The courier part isn't clear to me.

Using the tracking code given to you when you purchase the prepaid courier envelope, you can track your parcel on the courier company's website to know when they have picked it up from the embassy.

In my case DHL picked it up on Friday and estimated delivery date was Monday. I called them and told them I'll come pick it up instead.

If you are in Lagos and you're not in a hurry, you can just wait for them to deliver it. Picking it up was a bit of hassle. They gave me an incorrect pickup location at first.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dex711: 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
CooKeed:

Using the tracking code given to you when you purchase the prepaid courier envelope, you can track your parcel on the courier company's website to know when they have picked it up from the embassy.

In my case DHL picked it up on Friday and estimated delivery date was Monday. I called them and told them I'll come pick it up instead.

If you are in Lagos and you're not in a hurry, you can just wait for them to deliver it. Picking it up was a bit of hassle. They gave me an incorrect pickup location at first.
Thanks a lot for the explanation
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
EMMA8888:

The very best!
Thank you gee
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
Samoluv:
Uni-mainz and which shoool are you resuming at?
Stendhal, magdeburg

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TJ10: 9:19am On Dec 06, 2021
Johnnyark:
Congratulations. It means AM.

If there's no delay, you should have your visa in less than 10days

I've submitted the requested documents in AM for over 10 days now, I haven't gotten my documents back. Do I reach out to DHL or the embassy.

My DHL tracking code beside the way bill is giving "tracking error"
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2021
TJ10:

I've submitted the requested documents in AM for over 10 days now, I haven't gotten my documents back. Do I reach out to DHL or the embassy.

Tracking error? From the day you bought the prepaid envelope your tracking number should return information when you track online.

I suggest you contact DHL first. You shouldn't see tracking error.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by aku626(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2021
I Have a BSC in computer science and would like to follow that line please can anyone advise schools i should be looking at with a fair rate of acceptance, scholarship(not compulsory). Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abuqaasim(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
Try Ilmenau University of technology
aku626:
I Have a BSC in computer science and would like to follow that line please can anyone advise schools i should be looking at with a fair rate of acceptance, scholarship(not compulsory). Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by aku626(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:28am On Dec 07, 2021
nameundisclosed:

Achso, gut...
According to the three people I've asked here and from the answers given, I'm typing this. Alongside some other information as well.

I figured that this new rule of Category B could have started quite recently, because I'm sort of sure that I saw that rule while checking the requirements on the website in late 2020(could be wrong about when it started, but I'm just saying that's when I saw it first.)

As you know, the world is still trying to accommodate normal life alongside the COVID-19 situation, so immigration could still be tight in some areas.

Now, I feel the reason the Consulate/Embassy is making things quite uneasy for Nigerians is this: in the past, some Nigerians have gone through this process like us, they've gotten to Germany and then they've done a lot of substandard things and then gotten deported. Some have gone the wrong road and entered illegally, caught and also deported. Obviously, the normal response would be to halt or at least, neck up the process, making it quite difficult for others, all in an effort to curb such situations, which isn't surprising because Nigerians like to cause trouble. Germany isn't the only country that has done this. Poland, France, even the UK and US have started stressing the process for Nigerians because we seem to have made things worse.

I, Jeremiah 29:11. You can make it yours too. Gather your faith and expectations, take it to God and watch what He will do.

Also, bitte, mach euch keine Sorgen. Alles wird gut.
Gott wird uns helfen, Amen.

(See the image I posted, from the three people in this group, God did it for them, He will do for us)

I will talk to you politely because it is evidence you are stressed and wrote this out of the frustration of the whole process. If you come to Germany you will know the kind of stuff the average Nigerian student is made of. My Msc program is tough, people are running away and students use a minimum of three years to complete the program BUT I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT ONE NIGERIAN STUDENT DROPPED OUT.....Here we only do graduation party and celebration of full time jobs......

The reason for visa processing delay is a simple logic of numbers..... we have about 200 million unsatisfied people living in Nigeria and many want to move out.... I have spoken with my Indian classmates about this, the situation is the same in India.

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:35am On Dec 07, 2021
TJ10:

Lol ..You stressed the 10days like 10years..... Track your parcel or call DHL, wait patiently while you focus on your flight plans.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TJ10: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2021
SOLARPOWER1:

Lol ..You stressed the 10days like 10years..... Track your parcel or call DHL, wait patiently while you focus on your flight plans.

LOL. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Austin1450(m): 10:45am On Dec 07, 2021
EMMA8888:

The very best!

Good day everyone. I have the same reference number with you starting from 1288... but I’m going for studienkolleg. I was not admitted the cause they said the spaces were less than the applicants. Now I am thinking of which studienkolleg I can apply to incase I get an invitation this December just like you. I applied for an appointment on the 10th of April
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
Austin1450:

Good day everyone. I have the same reference number with you starting from 1288... but I’m going for studienkolleg. I was not admitted the cause they said the spaces were less than the applicants. Now I am thinking of which studienkolleg I can apply to incase I get an invitation this December just like you. I applied for an appointment on the 10th of April

What are you exactly going for, and what exactly is your situation?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by brosprophet(m): 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
Please, I have issues with this too .... how do o go about it ( to make transfer to fitiniba) [Qquote author=Armstrong34 post=98676579].....

DM me bro...we dey the same boat like this ....[/quote]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abuqaasim(m): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
Try sterling Bank. Go there with your admission letter, bsc certificate and photocopy of passport data page. Explain to them you are applying for a form A transaction for your study.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Austin1450(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2021
nameundisclosed:

What are you exactly going for, and what exactly is your situation?
I am going for studentkolleg, I applied March and got an acceptance that was based on the invitation to write the studienkolleg entrance exam that was scheduled for August 3rd. Somehow along the line, I didn’t get that invitation because they said” the spaces were full” but I personally believe it was because they knew the visa situation here in Nigeria. I currently have my B1 Goethe certificate and they even evaluated my WAEC. This is the reason I decided to ask questions in order to find out what exactly to do because I can only make a new application in March for the Summer semester. So I would like to know what I should do incase I get an appointment date this December and what is the likelihood that happening?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Duisburg: 10:19am On Dec 08, 2021
Austin1450:

I am going for studentkolleg, I applied March and got an acceptance that was based on the invitation to write the studienkolleg entrance exam that was scheduled for August 3rd. Somehow along the line, I didn’t get that invitation because they said” the spaces were full” but I personally believe it was because they knew the visa situation here in Nigeria. I currently have my B1 Goethe certificate and they even evaluated my WAEC. This is the reason I decided to ask questions in order to find out what exactly to do because I can only make a new application in March for the Summer semester. So I would like to know what I should do incase I get an appointment date this December and what is the likelihood that happening?
Go for your interview as far as you have your block account. Quickly get a language school admission. It doesn't take more than two to three days.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Duisburg: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2021
Please, has anyone got visa in another country other than Nigeria?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Austin1450(m): 10:43am On Dec 08, 2021
[quote author=Duisburg post=108314265]
Go for your interview as far as you have your block account. Quickly get a language school admission. It doesn't take more than two to three days.[/quo
Thanks a lot but that would mean that I would be getting a language course visa instead of a student visa right? Because Studienkolleg is still under student visa type because after the Studeinkolleg exam” FSP “ you get admission directly into University without having to come back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (707) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.