Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1103249 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by EpicOracle(m): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
deuoessch:

A lot of factors come into play, but I suggest you get up to B1 because it will go a longer way for you. What course and degree do you intend to go for?

Social work / Sociology

Also can I do the B1 there instead?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Toonerdyy: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
Best advice is learning up to B1 or B2 even,cause no public university will accept A1 or A2...be patient and learn..e get why
EpicOracle:
Hi guys,

So I will be rounding up my A1 next month and would like to enrol for winter 2023, however my relative is advising me to study up to B1 as I'll get more opportunities than having just A1.

Doing B1 will make me move my plans to summer 2023.

Please advise

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by EpicOracle(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Toonerdyy:
Best advice is learning up to B1 or B2 even,cause no public university will accept A1 or A2...be patient and learn..e get why

But na English course I wan do nau
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
EpicOracle:
Hi guys,

So I will be rounding up my A1 next month and would like to enrol for winter 2023, however my relative is advising me to study up to B1 as I'll get more opportunities than having just A1.

Doing B1 will make me move my plans to summer 2023.

Please advise

How are you learning, are you enrolled in a German language school.?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
EpicOracle:

Social work / Sociology

If you choose to do up to B1, start booking your appointment now. Interview takes up to a year
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
EpicOracle:

Social work / Sociology

You can do the B1 over there, but it's expensive, compared to learning here.
If you're going for MSc, sure you're bound to find offers in English, though you'll still need German in the long run. But if you're going for Bachelor's, most of their art/social science courses are taught in German, so we're talking B2/C1, so I still suggest you learn as much as you can here.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
Toonerdyy:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Toonerdyy:

Very few universities accept even A2 or even A1, but it depends on the course. Even amongst the few, most of them use NC, so there's a high chance of not getting admission.

All in all, learn as much German before going to Germany. You may not have the time when you get there.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mrphilia:
Good day everyone, please my passport names arrangements is different from those in my supporting documents i.e Statement of Results and Transcripts. For example, my Passport the name is (Gbenga Daniels Henry) but in my supporting documents it so (Gbenga Henry Daniels). Would there be issues when applying for visa?

Get a court affidavit that backs this up and attach it to all your applications whether required or not.
In the visa application form, I think there's a place where they ask if you have used a different name before, in this case, you should put your old name.

You ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO USE THE NAME ON YOUR PASSPORT IN THAT ORDER AS YOUR NEW NAME ORDER.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 11:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
EpicOracle:

If your course is in English, it's not compulsory to have any German class however, it's beneficial for your living in Germany and as someone said, you may never have that time here in the short term.

Language certificate should be last in your listing of requirements to study in Germany. Look at the list of student visa requirements.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Toonerdyy: 12:38am On Oct 19, 2022
It doesn't matter..German language certificate is compulsory for people who intend to school there or even do family reunion... without it i don't think your visa is going to be approved Sha..but try your luck..if e no work..wait another 1 year lol
EpicOracle:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by KomGhale: 7:55am On Oct 19, 2022
Toonerdyy:
It doesn't matter..German language certificate is compulsory for people who intend to school there or even do family reunion... without it i don't think your visa is going to be approved Sha..but try your luck..if e no work..wait another 1 year lol

This is not correct... if your programme will be taught in English, you do not need German language certificate before you will be granted a visa

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Toonerdyy: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2022
Ok na...go to the embassy and tell them this one��lmao
KomGhale:

This is not correct... if your programme will be taught in English, you do not need German language certificate before you will be granted a visa
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2022
KomGhale:

Someone whose program is handled fully in English has been in Germany. She didn't have any German language certificate at the time she attended her interview and she wasn't hassled at all, so you're right.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
Toonerdyy:

Quit misinforming people, if your program is taught in English language, a German language certificate is not a requirement. Do not mislead people

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
Johnjuicy:
Yes I have and I booked Nov. 2021
which date in November did you book?
And which date did you get appointment mail?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2022
Toonerdyy:
You are clearly misinformed.

You don't need a German language proficiency certificate for an English taught course.
What you need is a proficiency of English certificate e.g IELTS

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bchimezie20(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
How long does rejection take from when interview was conducted,what is the interval.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Onychuke963: 11:56am On Oct 22, 2022
Good afternoon guys,please does anyone know the equivalent of waec result in Germany
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dorbul0t: 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
bchimezie20:
How long does rejection take from when interview was conducted,what is the interval.
Hopefully you won't get rejected.

To answer your question, it takes between 3-6 weeks after your visa interview to get a reply from the embassy.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dorbul0t: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
Onychuke963:
Good afternoon guys,please does anyone know the equivalent of waec result in Germany

Equivalent? I don't know what you're trying to say but your WAEC result certificate is what the German University want you to send when they ask for your secondary school certificate.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kultony: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
dorbul0t:

Equivalent? I don't know what you're trying to say but your WAEC result certificate is what the German University want you to send when they ask for your secondary school certificate.

Is NECO result not acceptable for admission?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Waposh(m): 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Good day everyone
I want to apply for winter admission cycle for undergraduate, pls like what time does application period open for winter(I mean like month)
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MissNK: 7:24am On Oct 23, 2022
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 6:01am On Oct 24, 2022
Kultony:

Is NECO result not acceptable for admission?

I think it's also accepted. Check anabin, DAAD and uni-assist as well for more information.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 6:02am On Oct 24, 2022
Waposh:
Good day everyone
I want to apply for winter admission cycle for undergraduate, pls like what time does application period open for winter(I mean like month)

Few universities have already opened, most will open within November/December. Just keep tabs on the university/universities you want to apply to.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2022
Good day, please who has gotten a Category B appointment this month. When did you book. Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Theemikeelee: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2022
Hello guys, good morning. Please is there any available WhatsApp group? If yes, kindly share the like. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by rapcy(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2022
Good morning everyone, please I need urgent advice for my Bro.

He wrote Waec 2008 got admitted 2011 but he didn't finish uni, he dropped out in final year 2015/2016, he got into hand work, learned some skills, solar and security. Now he's trying to apply for a B.Sc in Germany, my fear is in the gap year and he's 31yrs, does he stand a chance...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Priwillo: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
deuoessch:

Few universities have already opened, most will open within November/December. Just keep tabs on the university/universities you want to apply to.
boss, please my ghana resident permit expires on December 31 and I have a date on the 23 dec,is there any school I can apply for bsc that can give me admission before my interview date please embarassed
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
Priwillo:
boss, please my ghana resident permit expires on December 31 and I have a date on the 23 dec,is there any school I can apply for bsc that can give me admission before my interview date please embarassed

I'm not very sure, what course of study do you intend going for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (707) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.