Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1105364 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yusuftosin: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
German Universities do not have any specific requirements as such. There are a few points on which special emphasis is usually given for initial screening:

The reputation of your University/Institutes: This point is very important for the initial shortlisting of your application. It doesn’t mean that your University has to be in the top half of the rankings. The selection coordinator would usually open the website of the institutes mentioned in your CV and look at what the University has been doing. In some cases, they might also check for accreditation (specially for people from unpopular Uni in Nigeria, to give these people a fair chance).

Your academic records: This has always been stressed. Your academic credentials are very important for getting admission to university in German. However, the accepted grades vary among schools. For an effective application, make findings.

International outlook in research and innovation: Your cover letter or the tabulated CV should emphasize your research interest (e.g your B.Sc Thesis)
this gives the committee a good idea about your outlook. The fields you have worked in and areas you want to specialize in. If you have to cook it up, cook it.

They basically check if you will be able to amalgamate well with the course structure in the chosen programme.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by arch111(m): 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Good evening house.

Please does uni assist accept student copy transcript. I applied for transcript and what they sent was stamped "STUDENT COPY. NOT FOR OFFICIAL USE"

Also, please is it recommended that I use europass CV for my application.

Your response will be of great help. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vecharry(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
arch111:
Good evening house.

Please does uni assist accept student copy transcript. I applied for transcript and what they sent was stamped "STUDENT COPY. NOT FOR OFFICIAL USE"

Also, please is it recommended that I use europass CV for my application.

Your response will be of great help. Thank you.

https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kellyi: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
janettee:

You are in CAT B then not A.

I would cancel that appointment so someone else who's qualified can have it.

There are others who are qualified for CAT A but don't have a date yet.

you guys should allow this guy go for his interview biko, d negative energy is becoming too much, if he is bounced, he try again, if he is allowed to do it, good for him.

12 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kellyi: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
Missionlog:
Hallo alle, will I be allowed to do my interview this coming Monday because I stopped schooling by 2016 at 200 level and I've been given admission at OTH Amberg Weiden International business with my 2 years transcript just having this kind of doubt may be they will alow me do the interview because I left school before 2018. I am actually going for bsc
I hope your sincere replies.

but bros do u have a scholarship, or b2 certificate or testAS score of 100-120, those are the things that qualify you for category A. But u can still go n give it a try sha

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
kellyi:

you guys should allow this guy go for his interview biko, d negative energy is becoming too much, if he is bounced, he try again, if he is allowed to do it, good for him.
Negative energy right, same way people were telling the coldie guy, positive minds like you, were cheering him on to have faith, to believe in God, d guy took flight, paid hotel, used cab and still was bounced, it even has a psychological effect on d person affected, lets leave financial waste out of it. If he wants to go he should go, we only told him our opinion. It is a personal decision.

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chiebukar(m): 5:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
Those that sent applications to Leibniz Universität Hannover, any news yet?
They were to send responses in January, did anyone receive a written confirmation or refusal??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by teelaw4life(m): 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
kellyi:

Negative energy? As a matter of fact, most are simply looking out for him and trying to help him avoid what people before him experienced.
He's not compelled to follow our opinions.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dollypeeee: 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bad or good energy....if he really want to go and wasn't suspecting foul, he wouldn't seek our opinions in the first place.

I think the person already have a decision to make, what happens on Monday would only decide who's right and who isn't. Either way a regret is might be a consequence. That is, not going and regret he never took the chance or goes and face the music at the entrance.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Linpre66: 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
@missionlog is too late to cancel now, i will advise you to go for the interview on Monday and try your luck, God forbid the worst thing that can ever happen is for them to bounce you, is not that they will seize your passport or beat you .. My advice is just go Monday and take all the necessary document to the embassy.. it ok to try it, take the risk since you have AD. . I wish you luck

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daybour2002: 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
Chiebukar:
Those that sent applications to Leibniz Universität Hannover, any news yet?
They were to send responses in January, did anyone receive a written confirmation or refusal??

Please does this school allow letter of proficiency in English, I just want to send my application please can you guide me
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Reytheon: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
Phelixblaq:

Witch
You People don't learn yet you keep lamenting up and down.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amikable97: 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Phelixblaq:

Witch

This comment is uncalled for. she only made her opinion but didn't utter any form of foul language, why call her a witch?

If you look at it. The way things should be done the guy is meant to be in CAT B simple and short. But let's just see how things turn out on Monday.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by janettee(f): 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
kellyi:

It's not negative energy, it's simply the truth undecided.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by pheshbio(m): 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hello room,
I'm not sure I am in the right room, but my question goes forth.
I just got to germany and I want to find out if it is possible to switch school. The one I applied to and got admitted to doesn't meet the requirement of what I am hoping in terms of certification.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by janettee(f): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Phelixblaq:

Witch

This is ridiculous. Calling me a witch because I stated my opinion.

Each time someone says something obvious, you people resort to insult!!.

Grow up!..

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by janettee(f): 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
damsel93:

His interview is on Monday so I'm sure it's wasted already, and he'll still be banned even if he cancel it now. I believe it all comes down to lack of information and not doing it himself

Okay I see, it's better he goes to avoid being banned.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kellyi: 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
pheshbio:
Hello room,
I'm not sure I am in the right room, but my question goes forth.
I just got to germany and I want to find out if it is possible to switch school. The one I applied to and got admitted to doesn't meet the requirement of what I am hoping in terms of certification. 
absolutely possible bro
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Skyclub14: 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by pheshbio(m): 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
kellyi:

absolutely possible bro

Thanks Kelly,
Do you have an idea of what the process looks like?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Victorex001(m): 5:43am On Feb 16, 2020
Interesting...Good Day Everyone
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Victorex001(m): 5:45am On Feb 16, 2020
Junera:
*Please, I wanted to apply for refund of my blocked account funds, but I was told by Fintiba to bring a signed letter from.the embassy that I wasn't given a visa and I have been applying for dates since May last year no date, how will I go about the refund please?*

If I may ask, what was the reason for rejection?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Engrphilips: 6:37am On Feb 16, 2020
I am 30 years, which should I use. Is it private insurance or public insurance.
Thanks
[/quote]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chiebukar(m): 7:11am On Feb 16, 2020
daybour2002:

Please does this school allow letter of proficiency in English, I just want to send my application please can you guide me

Each course have different requirements, but most courses don't prefer Language certificate .
I Would advice you get a language cert if possible before sending, if not you could just send the letter and hope for the best.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alday: 8:51am On Feb 16, 2020
Wondering if folks like me with a 2:1 issued in 2017 and booked Cat A before the recent baseline change to 2018 would be excused.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2020
Alday:
Wondering if folks like me with a 2:1 issued in 2017 and booked Cat A before the recent baseline change to 2018 would be excused.
If you've gotten a date already, then u will be pardoned for sure, if you haven't then don't know what to advice,

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Naija2germany4s: 10:47am On Feb 16, 2020
Ideally, people over 30 go for private insurance.

Because once you are over 30, public health insurance is usually way more expensive than for people below 30.

Engrphilips:

I am 30 years, which should I use. Is it private insurance or public insurance.
Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Naija2germany4s: 10:49am On Feb 16, 2020
It's the normal process like you did when applying before coming. Only good thing is you are already here and won't need the stress from the embassy.

pheshbio:

Thanks Kelly,
Do you have an idea of what the process looks like?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HighPriest0(m): 11:58am On Feb 16, 2020
Missionlog:
I actually have 4.5 I mean cgpa. First class ni mo ni

Who is this person please....

This are the kind of people making things worse.

You did not even graduate.. U didn't qualify at all.. Someone booked for you... All shades of wrong and dubiousness.

I pray you get kicked out tomorrow. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alday: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
clintonsparkz:
If you've gotten a date already, then u will be pardoned for sure, if you haven't then don't know what to advice,

Yet to get a date.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by geezy3(m): 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
please, are asylum seekers wv bsc in their home country allowed to do masters in Germany?

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (707) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.