Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1105636 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxford110: 1:19am On Dec 08, 2022
MrAAA2:

Only health insurance is compulsory.

Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxford110: 1:33am On Dec 08, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please who knows what information I should fill on the visa form as a researcher, under "Purpose of stay in the Federal Republic of Germany"?
I have a hosting agreement and contract.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:56am On Dec 08, 2022
oxford110:
Hello Everyone,

Please who knows what information I should fill on the visa form as a researcher, under "Purpose of stay in the Federal Republic of Germany"?
I have a hosting agreement and contract.

You can select 'Other' then explain what you want to do and they will assign you a proper category.
They may put you in a short course or visiting visa category. But if you read the contract agreements well, it might be there, another way could be asking your host.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxford110: 2:28am On Dec 08, 2022
MrAAA2:

You can select 'Other' then explain what you want to do and they will assign you a proper category.
They may put you in a short course or visiting visa category. But if you read the contract agreements well, it might be there, another way could be asking your host.

Thank you very much. The contract says "full time employment as scientific researcher". I think "Other" might be the safest option here.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 4:24am On Dec 08, 2022
Musicbox1:

Source please?
from a friend whose relative works there
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 4:25am On Dec 08, 2022
deuoessch:

You may be right. I sent an email and I was told that they still give out dates, but they're sorry for not offering more dates due to limited capacity. I feel they may have halted for a while. This month makes it one year of waiting for more. To be honest, it's been stressful but the stress has reduced now. I've also picked up new skills while waiting so in the long run, one could be grateful while waiting.

There's still hope. Faith and patience is really of the essence in these things.
Viel Erfolg!
when did you applied brother?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 6:27am On Dec 08, 2022
daviesblaze:

when did you applied brother?

First week of December last year.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 10:09am On Dec 08, 2022
oxford110:

Thank you very much. The contract says "full time employment as scientific researcher". I think "Other" might be the safest option here.

Then, it's for work.

It's best to choose appropriate category. Will you be paid? If yes, then its work category, Employment
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 10:18am On Dec 08, 2022
Xdigit:
Hello, house abeg I don tire surfing through Daad.de, can anyone please point me to the most straightforward course and school to get admission possibly direct application and not uniassit. I studied Political Science at Gombe State University and graduated with second class lower.

Abeg help a brother, if there is/are schools not in Daad or Germany with reasonable school fees and hassle-free application ie in the Netherlands it can still count. Please o before I faint

Check wwu Münster
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ifemaco: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2022
Oremeter:

Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology.
Course: Marine Engineering OND
Applying to: Emden/Leer Hochschule
Course BSc Maritime traffic and Nautical science

You can still forward your application to Uniassit to process and see how it goes. Since you're going for BSc, it might fly.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxford110: 3:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
MrAAA2:

Then, it's for work.

It's best to choose appropriate category. Will you be paid? If yes, then its work category, Employment

Duly noted, but the study and research are grouped together as a category on the website, with employment in a different category.
My application might be evaluated as a work visa if I click employment.

Any thoughts please?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
oxford110:

Duly noted, but the study and research are grouped together as a category on the website, with employment in a different category.
My application might be evaluated as a work visa if I click employment.

Any thoughts please?

Okay select research if its also explained there.

You might get a short course visa which shouldn't allow you work and max of 90 days.

I'll advise you leave it open and EXPLAIN simply.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxford110: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
MrAAA2:

Okay select research if its also explained there.

You might get a short course visa which shouldn't allow you work and max of 90 days.

I'll advise you leave it open and EXPLAIN simply.

Thanks. There is no research option available. "Study, Employment, Others" are viable options.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
ifemaco:

You can still forward your application to Uniassit to process and see how it goes. Since you're going for BSc, it might fly.

Ok thanks, boss.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Musicbox1: 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
deuoessch:

You may be right. I sent an email and I was told that they still give out dates, but they're sorry for not offering more dates due to limited capacity. I feel they may have halted for a while. This month makes it one year of waiting for more. To be honest, it's been stressful but the stress has reduced now. I've also picked up new skills while waiting so in the long run, one could be grateful while waiting.

There's still hope. Faith and patience is really of the essence in these things.
Viel Erfolg!

We just have to be optimistic. This month also makes it over one year and i haven't still gotten a date but i believe i will soon
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 8:02am On Dec 09, 2022
Is it that the embassy has stopped issuing appointments, or a people here just being unnecessarily wicked by withholding information on appointments. Cos it seems people just come here and take information and never care to give any useful information in exchange. May God help Nigeria with this kind people.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2022
ozonaija:
Is it that the embassy has stopped issuing appointments, or a people here just being unnecessarily wicked by withholding information on appointments. Cos it seems people just come here and take information and never care to give any useful information in exchange. May God help Nigeria with this kind people.
I have no idea what is happening with the embassy appointments. More likely, they've exceeded the number allocated for the year. It's likely the just give appointment if there is a failed interview(replacement process). My thought though.

Yes, bro. People care less about answering others... They are interested in getting their own information. Asking about about who recently got appointment is not desperation, but a means of tracking ones appointment date.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:28am On Dec 09, 2022
ozonaija:

The situation is bad as you could read from people but what is worse is your calling people out over your own assumptions whereas just above your comment was a comment by these same people. The embassy in Nigeria clearly stated it could take up to 1 year for Cat B appointments and it is evident here that people who applied for interviews Sept-Nov 2021 are gradually getting dates and a few are awaiting decision on their application.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:32am On Dec 09, 2022
Divwake:
I have no idea what is happening with the embassy appointments. More likely, they've exceeded the number allocated for the year. It's likely the just give appointment if there is a failed interview(replacement process). My thought though.

Yes, bro. People care less about answering others... They are interested in getting their own information. Asking about about who recently got appointment is not desperation, but a means of tracking ones appointment date.

What was or were your question(s) that never got (an) answer(s) aside interview dates which people either do not have the answer or personal to them?

You can ask again, I read questions and answers here all the time.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Untube: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2022
Jaydchukwuemeka:

September Offer for Admission or Job ?

Admission
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2022
Untube:

Admission

Check your email
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by megaxart(m): 4:46am On Dec 10, 2022
Tessajohn820:
nop u can’t .I don’t know if they use neco,u could try ,everyone has his or her grace.Again u have to look for regions who would accept ur papers but they must send to an address in Germany .the original ,they would only send u soft copy ..and before that u must have a request from a vocational school in Germain asking you to recognize ur cert.

Thanks once again. With the pre -approval letter you were able to apply for the skilled workers visa category and get a date within 3 weeks from booking right?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by emekaemekus: 6:35am On Dec 10, 2022
LetsTravel:

Are you paying?
I am good at proofreading and editing. This is my WhatsApp number 08103500891
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by emekaemekus: 6:37am On Dec 10, 2022
Greenbuoy:
German speaker needed URGENTLY for a little proofreading/editing gig.
WhatsApp me. 08103500891
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rangerover21: 9:57am On Dec 10, 2022
Onyi42:
Guys what are you options after you get your appointment date but your admission have expired (although the school promised to admit you next session if you re apply)

Do you later message embassy?

Can I message you?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rangerover21: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2022
deuoessch:

You can reschedule your appointment until all your documents are ready. When they are, you could reach out to the consulate either by email or phone and state your case.

How can one reschedule appointment?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rangerover21: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2022
Ojabo123:
. Good evening house. Please i need ur advice on this. I just got Mail from the embassy today that my interview is on 22.11.2022. My school needed me to attend lectures in person but due to long waiting, i lost that admission. Should i write the embassy to schedulle me for july next year. CategoryB.

Can I message you?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Untube: 11:07am On Dec 10, 2022
dennison4luv:

Check your email

Please respond here so that others will benefit from your response.

Regards.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gerrard59(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2022
MrAAA2:

The situation is bad as you could read from people but what is worse is your calling people out over your own assumptions whereas just above your comment was a comment by these same people. The embassy in Nigeria clearly stated it could take up to 1 year for Cat B appointments and it is evident here that people who applied for interviews Sept-Nov 2021 are gradually getting dates and a few are awaiting decision on their application.

I am genuinely curious, why is the situation so bad that an embassy says visa appointment can be slated a year after application for mere student visa? Even the US people criticise for being too high-handed does not do such.

No be the same Germany wey wan reduce the years to become a German citizen and wants to legalise dual citizenship?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kelechi009: 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

I am genuinely curious, why is the situation so bad that an embassy says visa appointment can be slated a year after application for mere student visa? Even the US people criticise for being too high-handed does not do such.

No be the same Germany wey wan reduce the years to become a German citizen and wants to legalise dual citizenship?

They have already exceeded their 3rd World countries quota, they don't want people from 3rd World countries anymore.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2022
Kelechi009:

They have already exceeded their 3rd World countries quota, they don't want people from 3rd World countries anymore.

Which source did you get this from?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kelechi009: 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2022
daviesblaze:

Which source did you get this from?

Source: Na me talk am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (707) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Kennie28, ifeomavivine(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.