Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,349 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:57 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1087306 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Are we just going to watch this whole appointments thing like this? February people haven't still gotten their appointments.. for how long are we going to wait nau. Not that is like this in other African countries. Nawaoo
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oseremenifidon: 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
Please i am looking for an msc course in germany for data science. Tuition fee free or from 2000 euro downwards. English taught though!
Please help out.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 11:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jessydan54:
Are we just going to watch this whole appointments thing like this? February people haven't still gotten their appointments.. for how long are we going to wait nau. Not that is like this in other African countries. Nawaoo
We can't kill ourselves.
What else can we do?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 6:55am On Jun 03, 2023
Who has gotten an APPOINTMENT date lately should let us know
PLease
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kofoworolaog: 8:36am On Jun 03, 2023
Jessydan54:

Did you also book in February? What date?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2023
Chinemelum1:

We can't kill ourselves.
What else can we do?

What if we just do a peaceful and quite match to the embassy?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:32am On Jun 03, 2023
Kofoworolaog:

Did you also book in February? What date?

July oo..I had to apply to another school, because my course can't be taken online. And when I will be getting appointments school would have started, and if I miss this September it will be next September as my course only begins summer period. So I applied to other schools so I can take online classes before joining them when I'm through with visa
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jessydan54:

What if we just do a peaceful and quite match to the embassy?
A welcome development.but will people volunteer themselves?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 4:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
Chinemelum1:

A welcome development.but will people volunteer themselves?

This thing is a policy from Berlin not
Nigeria, this is exactly what is happening in China, India, Pakistan and other countries that have many students in Germany. They are doing this to cut down the number of students coming to Germany from countries that have many students in Germany. The schools are aware and that is why some will tell you that any time you get ur Visa you can come

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by davss02(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
CooKeed:

It usually takes at least 2 weeks for Uni-assist to evaluate your documents and forward your application to the school(s) you applied to. Mine took almost three weeks. Uni-assist will inform you via email when the evaluation is completed and your application is forwarded. Since you say it's been just a week, I'll say be patient.

I do not know about FU berlin, but for potsdam you are not required to send any physical documents via post. This information is available on potsdam's website. Just ensure you print out the application form from Uni-assist, sign it and upload back to Uni-assist.

What are the chances of getting admission if uniassist "okay" one's document?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sammirano: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
davss02:

grin it doesn't mean jack. When I did postdam on Uniassist , the dean of the faculty sef thanked me and acknowledge the documents were compelet yet my background doesnt fit the course applied. so decline.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Joeman1: 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2023
davss02:

When did you apply for the admission and when did you get it?

Applied March April period and got it on May 15th.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2023
davss02:

It means your evaluation is okay and application forwarded to the university.
Technically, they, uniassist, has done their own part.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
dennison4luv:

This thing is a policy from Berlin not
Nigeria, this is exactly what is happening in China, India, Pakistan and other countries that have many students in Germany. They are doing this to cut down the number of students coming to Germany from countries that have many students in Germany. The schools are aware and that is why some will tell you that any time you get ur Visa you can come
You are not wrong after all
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Joeman1:

Applied March April period and got it on May 15th.
Which year did you apply Year you got AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Muzansama: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello guys

Please I have a question.

If I book for appointment as Catergory B. Will it really take up to a year before I get appointment date?

Then what's the point? My admission will be useless
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
Muzansama:
Hello guys

Please I have a question.

If I book for appointment as Catergory B. Will it really take up to a year before I get appointment date?

Then what's the point? My admission will be useless

If you are going through the German embassy in Nigeria the fact is that you will wait for more than 15months as it so now. Unless you work towards doing your interview outside Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SELENAqueensy(f): 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
My friend got an appointment late April she has also gotten approval mail, she is now waiting for her visa to arrive. She booked category B.
So be hopeful.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mrlawal2: 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
Chinemelum1:
Who has gotten an APPOINTMENT date lately should let us know
PLease

The queue is moving but very slowly

A friend got AD like two Fridays ago

She booked 24th February

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mosesronnal(m): 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
SELENAqueensy:
My friend got an appointment late April she has also gotten approval mail, she is now waiting for her visa to arrive. She booked category B.
So be hopeful.

Congratulations to her. It just took a month before they approved her visa!! Wow..
But please can you ask her when she booked for her appointment and what school she applied to!!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
oseremenifidon:
Please i am looking for an msc course in germany for data science. Tuition fee free or from 2000 euro downwards. English taught though!
Please help out.

Have you heard of uniassist.de and daad.de/en?

Spend more time with them.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mosesronnal(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
oseremenifidon:
Please help out.

Search for MyGermanUniversity.com. You’ll see both private and public universities in Germany
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hi everyone, please can I book for an appointment under CAT A with just a sponsorship letter
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mosesronnal(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
Tsesi:
Hi everyone, please can I book for an appointment under CAT A with just a sponsorship letter

Yes you can.
But you must have already been admitted to a private or public university and have a first class degree if going for a Master’s degree course or holding a scholarship from a German public fund to pursue a Bachelors or Masters degree before applying for Category A.
But if you don’t have a Scholarship nor a First class degree then you’re to apply for Category B.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
sammirano:

grin it doesn't mean jack. When I did postdam on Uniassist , the dean of the faculty sef thanked me and acknowledge the documents were compelet yet my background doesnt fit the course applied. so decline.

Please what course can some who did comp sc edu and agric business be able to go for in Germany for masters?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
daewoo2010:
Did the test hold? I know someone who applied for MSc AI at FAU and he hasn’t gotten any such notification about a test.

I suppose it did. I'm applying for the summer semester though not winter. So Application for summer semester at FAU starts in December and end in January 15th.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
mosesronnal:

Yes you can.
But you must have already been admitted to a private or public university and have a first class degree if going for a Master’s degree course or holding a scholarship from a German public fund to pursue a Bachelors or Masters degree before applying for Category A.
But if you don’t have a Scholarship nor a First class degree then you’re to apply for Category B.

Omo!

What course can one who studied computer Science education or Agric business apply for in masters?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mosesronnal(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
Thanksful:

Omo!

What course can one who studied computer Science education or Agric business apply for in masters?

Well you can choose to study any Masters degree in any of these programs or any course related programs. Like Computer Science, you can study, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and lots more.
Search for myGermanUniversity.com to see schools offering master’s degrees taught in English
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
Immacharles:
Please does FAU make use of Uni-assist? The information on their website is a bit confusing

If you're also going for your master's program in Artificial Intelligence at FAU, you don't need Uni-assist. I can't speak for other programs aside mine though.

However, if you're going for other program at FAU, I encourage you to take your time and look at the application instruction page of the course you're interested in. I believe it's pretty straightforward. For example, here's the application instruction page of my preferred program https://www.ai.study.fau.eu/prospective-students/application-master/
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Jessydan54:

From my calculation so far, it takes category B people 1 year + 3 to 4 months now. So just add 1 year + 4 months to sort of gauge when you'll most likely get your AD. So if you applied on February 2022, you should expect AD from June 2023 ( with everything being constant 'cos you can't be too sure these days grin )
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Thank you so much for this. I'm going for data science, but I will proceed with my application and see what happens afterwards. I appreciate your response

Harry4cas:

If you're also going for your master's program in Artificial Intelligence at FAU, you don't need Uni-assist. I can't speak for other programs aside mine though.

However, if you're going for other program at FAU, I encourage you to take your time and look at the application instruction page of the course you're interested in. I believe it's pretty straightforward. For example, here's the application instruction page of my preferred program https://www.ai.study.fau.eu/prospective-students/application-master/
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
oseremenifidon:
Please help out.

You can start from here. https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/

NB: There are schools that offer Data Science program in Germany but aren't listed in Daad.de. For example LMU has a Statistics & Data Science program ( which in my opinion is the best Data Science program at LMU) however, this same program isn't listed on Daad. Instead, they have their Elite Data Science program on Daad website. So by all means, you shouldn't be tired to use other websites to search for more schools.

I can recommend the following schools LMU, TUM, FAU, Saarland University, and University of Tübingen.

DYOR! More so, check each school's program curriculum to ensure it's up to date with the current trend in the industry at the moment. Some school's Data Science program are just shaft tbh... so do your due diligence.)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (703) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: Ekykool(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.