Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (33901 Views)

“I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up / Harry And Meghan Angry As Their Kids, Archie And Lillibet Won't Get HRH Titles / Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by KingAzubuike(f): 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, announced on Wednesday that they would “step back as ‘senior’ members of the royal family” and split their time between Britain and North America.

The decision was announced on the couple’s Instagram account, and was made “after many months of reflection and internal discussions,” they said. The couple added that they intended “to carve out a progressive new role within this institution” and become financially independent.

Though the statement gave no indication of where the couple would spend time in North America, speculation quickly grew that they would go either to Canada, a commonwealth country that they recently visited, or Los Angeles, where Meghan is from.

“This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity,” the statement said.

The statement follows months of public steps by Prince Harry and Meghan that were unusually candid by the cloistered standards of the royal family. On a trip to Africa in this summer, the couple spoke in interviews for a documentary about the struggles of royal life and the negative coverage they had received since they were wed. And in the fall, they filed a series of lawsuits against journalists’ invasive tactics.

Over the past year, Meghan and Harry have also distanced themselves from some official royal engagements. Last month, for instance, they did not attend the NATO summit reception at Buckingham Palace or Queen Elizabeth II’s Christmas diplomatic reception. Instead the couple and their son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, visited Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, in the United States.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/01/08/world/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-family.amp.html

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Thatssobeyonce(f): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
Yay my seventh FTC on NL
I dedicate it to that first guy that followed me gomojam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by hisexcellency34: 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
Who cares

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by DCmonster: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
Rachael! I love this lady, so wifish material in suits series.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by BlackSeptember: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
American women love emasculating their men

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by GraGra247(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Prince Harry allowed a small girl to hijack his brain.

A two time divorcee for that matter.

What a disappointment. He should join her as junior actor in the Suits series since he's a sissy.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by yanabasee(m): 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
Carving a new progressive role for their selves only mean that, they do not have a future with the throne.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by KingAzubuike(f): 6:06am On Jan 09, 2020
yanabasee:
Carving a new progressive role for theirselve only mean that, they do not have a future with the throne.

3 Likes

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by chukwugoziegi: 7:54am On Jan 09, 2020
The girl just can't wait to go back to her acting job.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Simplebeauty: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2020
grin
Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2020
Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, announced on Wednesday that they would “step back as ‘senior’ members of the royal family” and split their time between Britain and North America.
It is always a good thing to do what makes you happy and not to always follow the status quo.

Life can't be more 'sweeter' than that!
Enjoy your self ROYALTY!

YOLO!!

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Zenzu01(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2020
This is the best way he can enjoy himself since Queen Elizabeth refused to leave the throne.

Imagine what will be going on Prince Charles's mind if he was a Nigerian.

I even heard a story of a particular Nigerian king that his successor had to call a family meeting to beg him as baba no wan die grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Youngkingjaey(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2020
Good for them.

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2020
K
Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by rentAcock(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
Lol @ become "financially independent." How many millions did his mother Princess Diana leave for him? The main reason why he is stepping down from his royal duties is because the next in line to the throne is his father Prince Charles, then his brother Prince William and then his nephew. In other words Harry & Markle will never smell the British throne. They will be away from the limelight and constant British media scrutiny of the first interracial royal couple. She will go back to acting, while he focuses on philanthropy.
Not that I care about the rich and mighty but i wish them happiness, health and prosperity just as I would wish any new couple.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by 1kworks: 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
grin
In Nigeria, this can only happen in the movies.

Imagine telling your wife you want to step back from your family wealth so you can become financially independent. grin

I trust our Naija wives LOL, it won't happen under their watch cos a bird in hand (wrapped in royal free money) is always better. Haha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by MycroftHolmes: 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
It's a free world; their life is theirs to enjoy.

7 Likes

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by temmypotter(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2020
Prince Harry no get sense, walahi. Why do some people love complication, must you be the one to disrupt the status quo - something that has been for countless generations because your wife wants to go back to hollywood.

May we not have sissies like Harry as sons

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by kingmeme: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2020
hh
Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Amstupid(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
I will step in ,,,, royal fit me grin

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by uuzba(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
Suits girl.
She no wan do Royal-royal again

2 Likes

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Nthrone(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by munex007(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
The British are horrible, unrepentant racists..

They've been after Meghan from day one because Prince Harry chose her and she's not white.

They've been wanting #Megxit and when they get it, they are still salty AF�

Not surprised by how racist they are. We know their history.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Amstupid(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
Ologogoro:
I hope our Royal fathers here in Nigeria are seeing this
ur royal fathers are all dead tongue
Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Jaynom(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
They want to make their own money rather than depend on Tax payers' money and people are pissed? People confuse me wallahy

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by Ologogoro: 9:24am On Jan 09, 2020
I hope our Royal fathers here in Nigeria are seeing this

5 Likes

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by babyfaceafrica: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2020
We don't care

3 Likes

Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by semyman: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2020
How is going in and out of the hospital related to what just happened?
Re: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties by VahinHassan: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2020
[s]
post=85636549:

It is always a good thing to do what makes you happy and not to always follow the status quo always.

Life can't be more 'sweeter' than that!
Enjoy your self ROYALTY!

YOLO!!
[/s]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LMAO See The Honourable Minister For Water And Irrigation In South Sudan (photos / Uganda Bans Female Public Servants From Showing Cleavage In The Office / Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.