Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital (43139 Views)

Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation / Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by KingAzubuike(f): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2020
drskyfly007:
Stop displaying your ignorance with confidence bro...

Malaria is a disease and not a symptom no matter the geographical location..(goggle meaning of a disease and familiarize yourself with the meaning of a symptom)

Secondly medicine is universal!
Medicine is universal? Go to the US and study tropical medicine then.. people who have never tasted quality education will just come online and be arguing.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by noisy45(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2020
From the surgeon name Prof Emmanuel Ameh you know that others tribes can't just catch up
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Godhead4(m): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2020
Aladegba:
It's not a matter of let somebody shout hallelujah. They said those twins shared one kidney ABI liver? Wetin the other one go dey use now? ABI govt don dey produce human spare parts ni? Or I'm I the only dullard here?

The liver was obviously divided for the both of them
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Harrisonwo(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2020
saw this news on CNN earlier, about 75 doctors operated on them at the national hospital, Abuja. I was so proud of my country and this reinforced what the us embassy said about Nigerian doctors, well trained but lacking adequate equipments to perform
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by sammyscholar(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Aladegba:
It's not a matter of let somebody shout hallelujah. They said those twins shared one kidney ABI liver? Wetin the other one go dey use now? ABI govt don dey produce human spare parts ni? Or I'm I the only dullard here?
You are not serious. I could have educated you but for your lazily sarcastic question. But, notwithstanding, try to read the science of operating conjoined twins. You might also try reading "Gifted Hands" by Been Carson. Then you might have an inkling of how it works.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Smoke55: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
A team of 78 medical doctors did the seperation of the conjoined twins?? were they all in the lab when the operation was taking place or some were waiting outside ni??
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

And so ? That's just a single case out of many. And do you people really realize the medicine here is a bit different from the western world? What we do here is tropical/African medicine. Malaria as an example is seen as a disease here. In the west, it's seen as a symptom.

And I'm quite sure foreign doctors must have been on ground to to separate those girls. There's nothing good about this country.

Will U kp quiet.

Nothing good about this country?

That is an exaggeration and a lie.
I too don't like what our leaders have turned this country to, but saying there's nothing good about the country is an insult on Nigerians and its a big lie.

We are talking about Nigerians excelling in their fields of endeavor here not what our leaders have turned our nation to.

Google is your friend bro.

The list of excellent performance of Nigerians worldwide is so long that dabbling into it is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by sammyscholar(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Godhead4:

The liver was obviously divided for the both of them
how about a liver transplant?
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by kenfarm(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
The aclaimed premier University College Hospital can Neva come out with success like this.......if na increased patient death rate due to carelessness now, u go see dem for No1

Infact with the Number of patient dat die per Hour in that Hospital, UNICEF and WHO suppose consider overhauling both the fake Doctors and opsolate equipment in the Hospital undecided
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Ogediluv(f): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jehovah the Doctor

sLentlover7778:
Nigeria, one day I know say you go make me proud..

But I was determined to never give up when the embassy say I shouldn't apply for Canadian visa again. Now I can join my brother papilo and say.. it's in you.. grin grin grin
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by mechanics(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good news.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by urchcoded(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
henryobinna:
I guess the liver was cut into two equal halves because the liver grows to full size if cut. I don't know how exactly it works but it grows back.

do you know you can start selling parts of your liver for cash? wink
Do u deal on liver sales? I fit sell ¼ of my total liver mass
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by candidbabe(f): 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Aladegba:
still thinking about this
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
Geekamon:
They both were sharing one liver, how did they work around that factor? Just curious
the liver can easily regenerate especially as they are young.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by KingAzubuike(f): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Nothing good about this country?

That is an exaggeration and a lie.
I too don't like what our leaders have turned this country to, but saying there's nothing good about the country is an insult on Nigerians and its a big lie.

We are talking about Nigerians excelling in their fields of endeavor here not what our leaders have turned our nation to.

Google is your friend bro.

The list of excellent performance of Nigerians worldwide is so long that dabbling into it is a waste of time.
Wear have an extremely long list of indians and Asians performing excellently in different fields worldwide too
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by henryobinna(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
urchcoded:

Do u deal on liver sales? I fit sell ¼ of my total liver mass
the business is booming in Ghana, one baba handles it
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by urchcoded(m): 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
henryobinna:
the business is booming in Ghana, one baba handles it

Baba? No o thanks
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by pagorino(m): 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
To the medical personnels in the house... How about the liver separation? Would it be divided or what? Since they both share one liver. I'm curious to know please. Any convincing and reasonable answer?
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Wear have an extremely long list of indians and Asians performing excellently in different fields worldwide too

Congrats grin

But will U kp quiet?
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by KingAzubuike(f): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Congrats grin

But will U kp quiet?
No I'm just trying to tell you to read and be educated beyond vanguard, punch , tvc , AIT, Nigerian Facebook pages and the rest.

They will tell you that a Nigerian graduated top of her class in UK (that top might even be top 10 or 20) but will never tell you that several other students from different parts of the globe also achieved similar or greater feat in that same class. Just like the news yesterday about trump listing Israel, India and Nigeria as where his greatest support is. Vanguard ngr purposely omited Kenya and two others African countries just to make the news sweeter and more appealing to the Nigerian ear. So be broad, read outside the box, be educated and seek even more education.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Princejydo(m): 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Do you need lesson teacher for your child in Akure, on chemistry, mathematics and physics. Call Ola on 08066203874
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

No I'm just trying to tell you to read and be educated beyond vanguard, punch , tvc , AIT, Nigerian Facebook pages and the rest.

They will tell you that a Nigerian graduated top of her class in UK (that top might even be top 10 or 20) but will never tell you that several other students from different parts of the globe also achieved similar or greater feat in that same class. Just like the news yesterday about trump listing Israel, India and Nigeria as where his greatest support is. Vanguard ngr purposely omited Kenya and two others African countries just to make the news sweeter and more appealing to the Nigerian ear. So be broad, read outside the box, be educated and seek even more education.

Hey! My guy

Will you kp quiet? grin

You Sound like a frustrated Nigerian.

I am not saying Nigerian government or leaders are excelling but Nigerian citizens. Take it or leave it.

No sensible Nigerian likes what our leaders have turned the nation to.

Yes we are not supposed to be where we are but to say nothing good comes out of Nigeria is an overstatement.

It is obvious you have not stepped your foot outside the shores of the nation and things are not good with you presently so, you are bitter towards Nigeria and everything called Nigerian including your very self. That's why you still maintain your statement.

I have been out and I know what goes on outside of Naija. So, saying I rely on what I read on Nigerian newspapers is because you don't know me.

Nigerians are one of the best brains in the world and you can take that to the market.

My own blood brother is the first African Professor in his field. He is based in the US. I won't mention his field so you won't have a link to my surname.

What you need is to forget the negative experience you have got from the nation and not allow it to becloud your reasoning.

Nigerians are excelling all over the world. I repeat.

Don't get it twisted!!!
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by LadySarah: 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
[wow
quote author=henryobinna post=85637278]they shared one liver, luckily for us the liver is one organ that grows to normal size if cut.

So each of them could be given a sizable portion enough to maintain their body system pending when it grows to full size again.[/quote]
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by KingAzubuike(f): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Hey! My guy

Will you kp quiet? grin

You Sound like a frustrated Nigerian.

I am not saying Nigerian government or leaders are excelling but Nigerian citizens. Take it or leave it.

No sensible Nigerian likes what our leaders have turned the nation to.

Yes we are not supposed to be where we are but to say nothing good comes out of Nigeria is an overstatement.

It is obvious you have not stepped your foot outside the shores of the nation and things are not good with you presently so, you are bitter towards Nigeria and everything called Nigerian including your very self. That's why you still maintain your statement.

I have been out and I know what goes on outside of Naija. So, saying I rely on what I read on Nigerian newspapers is because you don't know me.

Nigerians are one of the best brains in the world and you can take that to the market.

My own blood brother is the first African Professor in his field. He is based in the US. I won't mention his field so you won't have a link to my surname.

What you need is to forget the negative experience you have got from the nation and not allow it to becloud your reasoning.

Nigerians are excelling all over the world. I repeat.

Don't get it twisted!!!
If you go to India, they'll also tell you Indians are excelling all over the world. If you go to Ghana, the same thing. You're only talking based on what you're hearing from your media and not intelligence. I thought you were intelligent to be engaged in this conversation but you're not so I leave you to wallow in your own slime of illiteracy.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by MaryBeth5: 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
I'll be following your posts. thanks))
https://gurmentor.com/
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

If you go to India, they'll also tell you Indians are excelling all over the world. If you go to Ghana, the same thing. You're only talking based on what you're hearing from your media and not intelligence. I thought you were intelligent to be engaged in this conversation but you're not so I leave you to wallow in your own slime of illiteracy.

You must be a fool for ending your statement the way you did.

Frustrated guys like can't engage in an argument intelligently but to result into using abusive words.

I have had the privilege of reading some of your replies to ppl on NL and they have always ended in insults.

If the situation of the country has ruined your life and that of your family and because you have not excelled and no member of your miserable family has excelled doesn't make every other Nigerian equal to you guys.

If talking senselessly out of frustration is intelligence. Then let only you and your family members be intelligent.

Nigerians are one of the best brains in the world.

Now, go and end your miserable life because I say so. Third mainland bridge is no more guarded. Or, use the next available rope around you.

Nigerians are one of the best brains in the world.

grin

Ignoring you from this moment seeing you are insane. grin
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by samnaija: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
sagitariusbaby:
Na still oyinbo equipment them use, maybe some oyinbo even dey among the team... Tueh to anything Nigeria

The thing you use type this message na oyinbo make am or na naija. Pls think b4 we type. I am sure the boxer u wearing is naija ABI.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Legendguru: 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by danilmo: 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
You separate conjoined twins from stomach, separate the one conjoint from head let's see

then try born am and see if it won't b successfully operated. shocked
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by henryobinna(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
urchcoded:

Baba? No o thanks
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just kidding bro, Never heard of liver sales but I've thought since the liver regrows, that could be applied instead of an outright transplant of a full liver

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by 2lola: 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
urchcoded:
Pls doctors in the house, who now gets the liver

the liver is capable of self regeneration, and is divided into lobe which can function independently, so if the lobes are shared between them it will regenerate to form a full liver

do you know there is liver transplant part of the donor liver are removed and given to the recipient and both surveillance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) / Sanwo-olu Commissions Face-Mask Factory In Lagos (Photos) / Coronavirus: 3 Chinese Quarantined In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.