Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria (32992 Views)

Filling Station In Ogidi Anambra Sells Water As Fuel (Pictures, Video) / Fire Guts Shema Mega Petrol Filling Station In Abuja (Photos) / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
adonainana:

Okay Goodluck impacting peoples lives with your honey

Okay, good luck impacting people's lives with Oyels and hotels.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by WarriAproko: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
LTRAVIS:

Its generally called refinery in Warri (ppmc) have a knowledge about something before starting an arguement
i do buy gas here most times.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by WarriAproko: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
LPG plant is the MMM now.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Diego1989(m): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
uuzba:

But the OP is asking us, strangers for business ideas.
Which person puts all the details of his profitable business on the internet? Do you want to compete with the person and spoil their business?
You will only get childish and untested responses here.
Good luck trusting strangers that you don't even know their face.
Oga sir, the OP just asked for an “advice” on starting a business. Give him the advice here if U have any and watch how other people watching keenly will contact you. If U don’t have any advice, jux siddon Dey read comments. U no knw say some pple for dis forum get d money to start such business bt they jux need small advice/idea on how to go about it. Most times, Everything no be about money.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by golddare: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
jackfj:

Please throw more lights on gas plants business for me, such as the intricacies and downtime of the business. And also how profit oriented it is..

You are aware that many fueling stations now have gas stations now.
People patronise them now instead of the road side gas vendors.
The politics and dirty dealings in getting fuel at depot etc is unhealthy.
They only make money during scarcity and with Dangote refinery in view the story will change.
In 10 years time or less if we can get our Power right electric cars will be in vogue.
If you get the liver for fuel matter shook head but if not go for gas. Consult with any station that operates it, they will give you all the necessary details, dont fall for any scammers.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Who cares?! It isn't always about money, passion matters and believe that I'm making impact.

If I don't believe that a business affects lives positively I can't go into it. My motivation is in improving lives not in watching the money pile up. Everyone has their source of motivation.

You will most likely fail in business then. Open an NGO instead
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Adiwana:

Come along to this thread and meet a known oil guy in Ahiboilandgas
https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/1039

Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by truvine(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
danduchi:
it not as lucrative as you think except you have strong ground with IPMAN..
This person is right .
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by adonainana: 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Okay, good luck impacting people's lives with Oyels and hotels.

God forbid me impact anyone life. The OP gave a simple business idea he wanted to do to make money. If you want to impact peoples life you go and build a church or a charity and run things from there
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by SwiftCorporate: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
1kworks:

I have no idea about what you're doing but I will follow my new Year resolution which means that since you have money, I'll be following you and hopefully, some money sense will escape you and come my way. So. You have got a new follower grin
Pls take me along with you sir grin
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
felong:
Please I Need Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station

Good evening nairalanders. please I would appreciate it if I'm given a detailed breakdown of what it would cost to open an run a filling station.
also someone a friend advised that franchising would be good I would be operating with a branded name. so which independent oil marker in Nigeria is the best for franchise.

My location is Abakaliki Ebony state. I will also like to know how many tankers I call sell on an average per month in a place like Abakaliki.
thanks.

Forget petrol stations, them too plenty, focus on gas stations( cooking gas).

or you can mix both of them at SAME STATION, but that will increase ur cost to almost N200m.

But profit dey, especially for LPG stations, just be unique in ur services.

Bro I assure you profit dey!!!!
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by eliwa47(m): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
EFF filling station, EFF hotels!!!

If I have your type of money today here's what I'll do;

I'll purchase one hectare of farmland in one remote part of Osun or Oyo. I'll ensure that the land has a stream close to it and cattle rearers don't graze around the area*.

Then I'll build hundreds of langstroth bee hives and install. Honey money is sweet money.

My humble advice too, don't go for oil n gas, lots of competition n money involve,am talking from a little experience,am a manager in one of the filling station in osun state, and I will tell you it's not been easy for my boss continuing this biz despite the fact that he just started, he wanted to lease it out now, and I must confess he spent +- #70m on that project, go for farming,you won't regret it but if you must by all means go for oil n gas, anywhere/anytime bovas is closer to you,you're done for!

1 Like

Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by TUANKU(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Visit the website of department for petroleum resources (dpr), it's a subsidiary of nnpc, there you can download the latest guidelines & regulations/requirements for opening & operating a petrol station.
There are fees you're required to pay which will be different from cost of construction. My advice, get the services of a consultant in that field and engage their services.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

I'll purchase one hectare of farmland in one remote part of Osun or Oyo. I'll ensure that the land has a stream close to it and cattle rearers don't graze around the area*.

Then I'll build hundreds of langstroth bee hives and install. Honey money is sweet money.

He's not asking for your advice on the type of business to start. He has already decided.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by FutureFocus: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
danduchi:
NNPC sell PMS to independent marketers @133.50 - #136.50 per liter and you as a marketer sell for #145 per liter.. That's a profit of ~#10 per litre... If you have a tanker of 35,000 litres, you make a profit of #350,000.. Lucrative right? U have to pay your workers, buy diesel for your generator and miscellaneous cost... All boils done if you can get at least supply of fuel alteast 4times in a month.... To counter all this, join their union, be ready to bribe, don't involve in their union politics, be neutral to all parties involve and support them all financially, then you enjoy your business.

Good point Sir.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by FutureFocus: 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
TUANKU:
Visit the website of department for petroleum resources (dpr), it's a subsidiary of nnpc, there you can download the latest guidelines & regulations/requirements for opening & operating a petrol station.
There are fees you're required to pay which will be different from cost of construction. My advice, get the services of a consultant in that field and engage their services.
This is also a good clue

1 Like

Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by otclare(f): 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
felong:

Good evening nairalanders. please I would appreciate it if I'm given a detailed breakdown of what it would cost to open an run a filling station.
also someone a friend advised that franchising would be good I would be operating with a branded name. so which independent oil marker in Nigeria is the best.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by aariwa(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Following
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Wantedmiller: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
golddare:

Go for gas plant instead of fuelling station. My humble opinion.
very fantastic advice.......your growth will amaze you
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Papertrail11(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Thia is my plan im an aspiring beekeper too

What kind of hives do you advise for this project langstrooth or KTBH
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Papertrail11:

Thia is my plan im an aspiring beekeper too

What kind of hives do you advise for this project langstrooth or KTBH

I'm only a hobbyist not a professional beekeeper. However, from my experience I'd suggest a langstroth give as you can use queen excluders and even decking. That way you save space and energy.

Also, it allows for easy and effective give inspection.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
PrayerSlayer1:

He's not asking for your advice on the type of business to start. He has already decided.
Thank you

True, but it isn't impossible for him to change his mind; perhaps he wasn't aware of this option before. Also, someone else could benefit from it.

Thanks.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by xpac01(m): 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
felong:

also someone a friend advised that franchising would be good I would be operating with a branded name. so which independent oil marker in Nigeria is the best for franchise.

My location is Abakaliki Ebony state. I will also like to know how many tankers I call sell on an average per month in a place like Abakaliki.
thanks.

I don't know much about filling station business, but we can give you you state of the art filling station construction with JIL Engineering Associates.

We are presently consultants at the new C.B.N Abakaliki branch, Ochiudo city, Ebonyi State.

We beat your imagination with professional consultations, constructions and economical material costing.

PM me for any construction consultations.

Thanks.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by lukjee: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
If u really good capital to invest and u need an investment that has no bad season and can stand the test of time and I call it ATM machine, then talk about 2nd or 3th level Diagnostics centre. U can contact me if u need more info. lukjee@yahoo.com
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by imiski(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Boyhood:

Go to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/1038#878880.33247
And look for the man ahiboilandgas and if you can drag him here, he will contribute in no small way to your questions
thanks oya oga ahiboilandgas please come to our aid
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by mrkings84(m): 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
The other day someone put a newly finished filling station with one tanker for sell at the cost of 38M naira....
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Coolgent(m): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
EngrMarve:
I have a friend who is currently working on a project like that.

NGN21million spent and almost complete

Depends on cost of labor/material in your area.

For town like abakaliki, you could sell 2-3 tanks in less than a month.

Statistics of numbers of vehicles/number of petrol stations on that road would help give you a better estimate

21 millions? You must be joking Oga.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by Coolgent(m): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
EngrMarve:

Statistics of numbers of vehicles/number of petrol stations on that road would help give you a better estimate

Budget atleast 100 millions for a standard filling station.
But it depend on your taste
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by EngrMarve(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Coolgent:

Budget atleast 100 millions for a standard filling station.
But it depend on your taste

Please don't quote me when you don't have facts. Thanks sir for your understanding.
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by iaamxavier(m): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
otclare:

please let us be aware that it is *FUELING* and not *FILLING*�

Pls stop misleading people
It's actually "Filling station"
Make use of your thesaurus okay
Re: Detailed Advice In Starting A Filling Station In Nigeria by bankulizer: 12:01am On Jan 10, 2020
EngrMarve:

We sell 45 trucks of 45000L capacity per month

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Joins Lazard As Senior Advisor / 3 Areas Where Money Is Hidden / Photos From Mohammed Indimi's 70th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.