Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? (31854 Views)

How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? / How To Recover Money Paid By Mistake / How To Recover Money Lost In Vitual Sport Betting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Roon9(m): 8:28am On Jan 10, 2020
Going to meet baba
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by fabulous01(m): 8:28am On Jan 10, 2020
Ajeboter:
Bros talk true make we know how we go take help you, 60 years old man get mobile app OK ooo, continue
u dont have mercy... Funny ooo.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Kendumazy(m): 8:28am On Jan 10, 2020
Hmm
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by femi4: 8:29am On Jan 10, 2020
Awoof kill you there

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by cbrezy(m): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2020
sh¡t
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Timekeeper: 8:29am On Jan 10, 2020
Best way na to reach correct babalawo herbalist.. Very fast

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Itzurboi(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2020
Aye le ooo, ibosi ooo, aye do ri ko do, ko ye mi mo... he should just count it as his own unofficial way of paying first fruit

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by CrazeMan69(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2020
Do you think we are wearing diapers? 60 year old your head there grin
My brother tell the money goodbye smiley
Experience is the best teacher; nothing good comes easy. You want to make double your money while doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by YINKS89(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2020
Report to the police and take it to the Bank so that the account money was sent to would be blocked ...that's if the man hasn't withdraw the money
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by ProtectMyMoney: 8:30am On Jan 10, 2020
Use EFCC
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Duru9(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2020
You're greedy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by fabuloz1(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2020
I'm suspicious that the neighbour is op. How did you know of your neighbour's business transaction? Nigerians are too greedy. Someone actually fell for this cheap scam

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by MarianaTrench: 8:31am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
It was on 6th January that one Mr. Nelson shared about a business investment in a C.C.C (celestial church of Christ) WhatsApp group that gives 100% return interest for a period of 24 hours that's if you invest 100k you will get 200k within 24hours. My neighbour, a man in his late 60's fell for it and sent 100k to him. After the transaction, he called Nelson to confirm if he has received the money but he said no, Nelson now told him to forward his debit alert to him to confirm that he has sent it without knowing that he just wanted to see his account balance which was 47k. Nelson now told him to send the remaining 46k that he'll help him to complete it 50k so that the total investment will be 150k which will yield 300k within 24hrs, he obliged and sent the 46k. On seeing the alert, Nelson now told him if he can see anyone that can borrow him 100k so that it will be 250k to get 500k. That was when it dawned on him that its fraud. He said he doesn't know anyone that can borrow him such amount that if he can't work with the 146k that he should send him back his money. Its almost 3days now and he hasn't sent the money. Please how can this money be recovered? Thanks

Greed!
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by RPirez: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2020
angry
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Bellotelli: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2020
Kindly go to the efcc and write a petition so the account should be frozen and the the culprit apprehended. That's a surest way of recovering your money. Act fast.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by HowDareU: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2020
OP, as a Security Consultant, recovering monies from fraudsters is not an easy task at all. The deed has been done already; but this is what you should do. 1. EFCC doesn't go after fraudulent schemes worth million, they also go after petty crooks too as in your case. Gather all evidence against the said Mr. Nelson and take it to the EFCC. 2. If you know his place of residence, use an Armed Force personnel to hunt him down; it works like magic. The police is what I don't know. 3. If you have a Pastor, Imam or government official or anybody with influence, let them use their influence to get your money back. 4. The last resort for the poor is the court. Get a good lawyer and sue him!. . . Please follow my blog. Still, check my blog on how to spot fraudsters and scammers. I also wrote on the MMM scheme back then. Search the key word 'fraudsters' on my blog at www.securitymattersafrica.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by saint17: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2020
Like seriously

Please who knows any platform where someone can raise funds to solicit for his or her tuition fees

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by RPirez: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
You don't know me neither do I know you, so why should I lie. I am not the one. Just trying to help.

Baba, gbenu e soun joor. Na you, simple! angry

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by SocialJustice: 8:34am On Jan 10, 2020
MrVeyron:
There's no need lying or pretending that you are ctually not the victim. We aren't kids here so drop the act.

Greed led you to this point so face the consequences. Its actually very stupid of anyone that still falls for cheap scam like this...its pathetic.

If you have the money and time coupled with the stress, inform your bank and his and get the police involve, they might be able to help. I won't go into details the stress you'll face and the money you'll spend but try your luck.

Next time you have such funds, Go and invest it in physical business and stop looking for free money which obviously isn't anywhere. Shalom!
Shut your mouth, can you prove OP was the actual person defrauded? Provide solution or shut up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2020
Its will be a rigorous exercise but its worth giving a trial, since this transaction was done inbtw banks thus the man and his (the scammer) meaning his bio data can easily by obtain, even the police or even Efcc if they are within your reach with his info the bank could help out...

Honestly 98% Nigerians has lost all sense of conscience as in once u fall mugu they will wipe ur ass, this strategy full telegram now they randomly select group chat from voom you are added to one fraud group, every minutes testimony of some1 been paid thaz all u will be seeing , i don warm them tire now na blocking things..

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 10, 2020
These criminals don't have pity on their victims, you cleared his account still insisting he should borrow. Trust no one, people can do despicable things because of money.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 10, 2020
That's the problem with fraudsters, very lazy wicked set of people eating where they did not sow. Imagine asking d man to go borrow!

The kinda insult I dish out to fools telling me shii about all these invest this to get that eh.

I told one to use his money to invest then gimme just 40 percent of the money grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Nostradamus1: 8:35am On Jan 10, 2020
hmmmmm.inside life

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by SocialJustice: 8:36am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
It was on 6th January that one Mr. Nelson shared about a business investment in a C.C.C (celestial church of Christ) WhatsApp group that gives 100% return interest for a period of 24 hours that's if you invest 100k you will get 200k within 24hours. My neighbour, a man in his late 60's fell for it and sent 100k to him. After the transaction, he called Nelson to confirm if he has received the money but he said no, Nelson now told him to forward his debit alert to him to confirm that he has sent it without knowing that he just wanted to see his account balance which was 47k. Nelson now told him to send the remaining 46k that he'll help him to complete it 50k so that the total investment will be 150k which will yield 300k within 24hrs, he obliged and sent the 46k. On seeing the alert, Nelson now told him if he can see anyone that can borrow him 100k so that it will be 250k to get 500k. That was when it dawned on him that its fraud. He said he doesn't know anyone that can borrow him such amount that if he can't work with the 146k that he should send him back his money. Its almost 3days now and he hasn't sent the money. Please how can this money be recovered? Thanks
Get as much details as you can of the fraudster and report to EFCC or ask a lawyer to send him demand notice or get soldiers to abduct him and make him pay on the spot.

Do not use police, it will end up being a waste of money and time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:37am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
There is a way u can mail the CBN abd the recipent bank
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Kaydeexotic(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2020
GEOANDSONS:
I believe you should get the Police & EFCC involved then you + the police should go to the recipient's bank. For them to either freeze the account or get the Personal information in arresting the fraudster.

Meanwhile, do you have an exotic car, or you are protective of your Children or aged Parents?
You can purchase this Tracker, to keep tabs of

your possessions, Children or Elderly Parents etc

Very Cheap to maintain
Easy to setup
Reliable, Durable and Long lasting
Very Affordable

I don't think efcc wades into matters involving below 1million...
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Xneg: 8:39am On Jan 10, 2020
Ajeboter:
Bros talk true make we know how we go take help you, 60 years old man get mobile app OK ooo, continue
What sort of backward mentality is this? My mum is 67 and has different banking apps on her phone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by luluosas(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2020
I think spending 30k to recover 110k is better than losing the entire 146k
mankettle:
Use police but be prepared to part with at least 30k

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by DaVader: 8:40am On Jan 10, 2020
A lot of people are here spewing trash about reporting to the bank of something. I really understand that's the inky logical reasoning you can rely on when you don't know how the syndicate of crime works. Lemme breaks it down for you:

1 some people (majorly teen) in some part of this country would go to the bank and register a fake account with their bvn number and names.

2. Those account couple with the atm card associated with the account is sold to the fraud star sometimes through a middle man. As such, you can buy an account online without meeting the owner of the account in person.

3. WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter of i
Unsuspecting individuals are hacked by these scammers. More reason to have two way authentication in phone.
Sometimes hacking just require simple phone call that would convince you to produce your otp.

4. The hackers after spamming the group chat you belong to on WhatsApp, Facebook and all that.

5. They only use the ATM card to make withdrawal through POS not ATM machine.

6. Even if you arrest the real owner of the account, you can only jailed them without the hope if recovering your money back.

6. Those account are sold for peanut

7. Forget it, you can't recover your money back but you can get justice for that. 5 years in jail would certainly not bring your money back but at least, you will know your money does not just go like that

8. I need a job, NPF, EFCC should come and employ me, i can certainly deliver.

9. Have a nice day.

10. Stop being greedy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Geonigga(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2020
He needs a court order nisi to freeze the account pending when the order is made absolute then the court will order the bank to retrieve the money if the fraudster has not withdrawn all the money from his account.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Wickedtruths: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2020
100% in 24 hours?
I don't know who is a bigger thief, the fraudster or the greedy and gullible victim.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by eboigbedavid1(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2020
write a petition against the fraudster to the Efcc, or u could report to the police but mind u, Nigeria police go first open business for una head. So going through the Efcc will be better bcus dey won't ask for a cent but u will have to be patient, bcus it could be up to 2 weeks b4 dey respond to your petition. If u decide to go to d bank by urself, dey won't mind u. They will always ask for a court order b4 dey can release d fraudster account details and block d account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Otedola, El-Rufai In Tanzania As Dangote Launches Cement Plant (Photos) / CNN's 10 Most Prosperous African Countries, Nigeria Missing / Wahala dey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.