Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion (38343 Views)

Daily Excerpts From Jehovah Witnesses Old Books With Russellrutherfo / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Babaheekmat: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2020
sagieramos:

The Bible commands that we not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.

Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.

Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.

Why does God command us to abstain from blood?
There are sound medical reasons to avoid blood transfusions. More important, though, God commands that we abstain from blood because what it represents is sacred to him.—Leviticus 17:11; Colossians 1:20.

– jw.org

Am a Muslim.
I don't belive in bible.

.. But I want to reason with you intellectually..

All these things you quoted is talking about animal blood.. It's absolutely crystal clear..

Do not eat or ingest (means eat) animals blood..

In Islam, we do not eat blood of animals.. Am sure you are aware that people eat animals blood.

Please do not follow blindly..

It's eating animals blood that's forbidden..

Not human blood transfusion

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by madridsta007(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses.

If you don't know something.... Ask.

We have true Christians and false Christians who never follow the teachings of Christ. Shey unar carry the same rabbit and eggs wey dem take dey worship Ishtar the goddess of fertility enter Easter say na resurrection of Jesus unar dey do abi.... And unar be Christians.

Negodu

lol.

If you ask a Witness If he is a Christian, he will NEVER say, “yes”.

He will say, “my religion is Jehovah Witness”. And I respect that. That is why they try to make heavy distinction between themselves and other Christians. Instead of Church, they call it Kingdom Hall. That is why they never use any version of the Bible, but there’s. “New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures”, it’s called.

Chairman, the day they were trying to convert me, I’m sure you weren’t born.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Flakky26(f): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2020
JesseThunder:
Similar issue happened around where I'm staying at Igando early this year! Well the girl is dead now. JW parents refuse blood transfusion.

You should have alerted the police or the Lagos state govt . may be the girl's life would have been saved. Let's learn not to keep silence in our communities.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by gnaxyt(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2020
Lev 17: 10
If any man of the house of Israel or any foreigner who is residing in your midst eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people. 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it. 12 That is why I have said to the Israelites: “None of you should eat blood, and no foreigner who is residing in your midst should eat blood.”

Act 15:29
to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, ( take note of the corma) from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

Now must of you will argue saying it talks about eating blood not transfusion, when you got a coma patient, how do the eat? the eat through the nose a process called infusion or transfusion... either from the nose of mouth the have has there meal... same goes with blood intake, True Christians abstain from blood, cause blood is sacred to God.

Note: Jehovah's witnesses go for the best treatment ever when the are sick.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by justlikedat: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
psychologist:
Ok

But this has graced front page before

I wonder o! Seems nairaland no get better news again.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Legaldruglord: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
zeeprince:
look at how they are commenting upstairs like humans if it were to be Muslims now u would see different insult flying up and down.. they will insult Muslims anyhow they like but since it's a Christian thing now they are trying to separate themselves from Jehovah's witnesses.. Hippocrates everywhere
Since i started reading this post i have not seen one correct spelling of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by sagieramos(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Babaheekmat:

Am a Muslim.
I don't belive in bible.

All these things you quoted is talking about animal blood.. It's absolutely crystal clear..

In Islam, we do not eat blood of animals.. Am sure you are aware that people eat animals blood.

If any man of the house of Israel or any foreigner who is residing in your midst eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people. 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it. 12 That is why I have said to the Israelites: “None of you should eat blood, and no foreigner who is residing in your midst should eat blood.”

@ the bolded says any sort of blood [be it human's or animal's], it's not to be ingested in any form.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by TruthHurts100: 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
madridsta007:

lol.

If you ask a Witness If he is a Christian, he will NEVER say, “yes”.

He will say, “my religion is Jehovah Witness”. And I respect that. That is why they try to make heavy distinction between themselves and other Christians. Instead of Church, they call it Kingdom Hall. That is why they never use any version of the Bible, but there’s. “New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures”, it’s called.

Chairman, the day they were trying to convert me, I’m sure you weren’t born.

What you're saying is strange. Let me educate you sir. Anywhere people gather to talk about God is not a church. The people inside are the church or congregation. The building is not the church, we call ours Kingdom Halls and we inside is a church or congregation. Get that.

Secondly, stop spreading lie that we never use other translations of the Bible... In our JW app, we have different translations of the Bible, King James inclusive. The word of God is one irrespective of the translation or language... No Bible translation will tell you to do what God hates..... That's all.

We are Christians. We follow the footsteps of Christ. Isn't that what Christianity means?

I don't know who you've been talking to. You have been misinformed sir.

Update yourself sir.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by TruthHurts100: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Babaheekmat:

What do you mean bloodless treatment when infusion of blood is the only option?

Would they also refuse blood transfusion after surgery or during surgery?

You mean the jehovah witness medical team can treat the baby without blood infusions or what

Yes sir.

And see, even with blood treatment, people still die in the process, true or false?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by juman(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Thanks to the lagos government and the police.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Babaheekmat: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Yes sir.

And see, even with blood treatment, people still die in the process, true or false?

Of course people die.. It's not the medication that we take that Cures us but WILL OF ALLAH.. but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take medications..

Take medications and pray to Allah to heal you..

If you have headache and you don't take medication and you die.. It's suicide.. Allah might punish you for it if HE wills..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Babaheekmat: 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
sagieramos:

If any man of the house of Israel or any foreigner who is residing in your midst eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people. 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it. 12 That is why I have said to the Israelites: “None of you should eat blood, and no foreigner who is residing in your midst should eat blood.”

@ the bolded says any sort of blood [be it human's or animal's], it's not to be ingested in any form.

It's still saying the same thing.. EAT.. EAT.. EAT.. that's what it's saying..

All those verses are saying DO NOT EAT ANIMALS BLOOD.. IF YOU DO, THOSE ARE THE PUNISHMENT

Its absolutely crystal clear..
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by mysteryman2014: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Babaheekmat:

Am a Muslim.
I don't belive in bible.

It just to ensure that the animal is properly bled before eating the flesh thereby acknowledging God as the giver of life.

Humans are not killed before the blood is transfused.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by mysteryman2014: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
gnaxyt:
If any man of the house of Israel or any foreigner who is residing in your midst eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people. 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it. 12 That is why I have said to the Israelites: “None of you should eat blood, and no foreigner who is residing in your midst should eat blood.”

Act 15:29
to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, ( take note of the corma) from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

Now must of you will argue saying it talks about eating blood not transfusion, when you got a coma patient, how do the eat? the eat through the nose a process called infusion or transfusion... either from the nose of mouth the have has there meal... same goes with blood intake, True Christians abstain from blood, cause blood is sacred to God.

Note: Jehovah's witnesses go for the best treatment ever when the are sick.

The law was not giving to Adam because he was vegetarian, the law came into existence when command for animal to serve as food was given so obviously animal blood was in contention.

The use of blood to save life was not being considered at all.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Babaheekmat: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
mysteryman2014:

It just to ensure that the animal is properly bled before eating the flesh thereby acknowledging God as the giver of life.

Humans are not killed before the blood is transfused.

The Bible verses are clear..

It's talking about animals blood. Do not eat it..
It has nothing to do with human blood transfusion..

Those verses can't be used to justify blood transfusion..

EOD
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by CodeTemplar: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Seun:

If you have a similar case to report, you can call the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender on this toll-free number: 07080601080 or mail opdlagos@yahoo.com.
...and why are they using @yahoo.com domain name? This is how they provoke Yahoo Boys to start impersonating them o.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by popovich: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
What is the reason that Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse blood transfusions?

Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Updated June 3, 2019
Originally Answered: What is the reason that Jehovah Witnesses refuse blood transfusion?
Because their governing body tell them to.

You can read all the answers posted by Jehovah’s Witnesses on here, read scriptures they direct you to, look up their (outdated) medical citations, but it all boils down to this one simple fact: Their governing body say so. How do we know? Because at one time even organ transplants and vaccinations were banned by the Watchtower society. And the Jehovah’s Witnesses then were defending it tooth and nail as “god’s word”.

"Sustaining one's life by means of the body or part of the body of another human... would be cannibalism, a practice abhorrent to all civilized people. ... It is not our place to decide whether such operations are advisable from a scientific or medical standpoint. ... Christians who have been enlightened by God's Word do not need to make these decisions based simply on the basis of personal whim or emotion. They can consider the divine principles and use these in making personal decisions as they look to God for direction, trusting him and putting their confidence in the future that he has in store for those who love him." - Watchtower 1967 November 15 pp.702-704

Even as late as 1975 the Watchtower society was showing how little it knew about medical science and would quote crack-pot theories by medical quacks:

"A peculiar factor sometimes noted is a so-called 'personality transplant.' That is, the recipient in some cases has seemed to adopt certain personality factors of the person from whom the organ came." - Watchtower 1975 September 1 p.519

Even vaccinations were banned at one time. In fact, “Jehovah” apparently told the Jehovah’s Witnesses that vaccinations would never cure anything… Ever.

"Vaccination never prevented anything and never will, and is the most barbarous practice...We are in the last days; and the devil is slowly losing his hold, making a strenuous effort meanwhile to do all the damage he can, and to his credit can such evils be placed...Use your rights as American citizens to forever abolish the devilish practice of vaccinations." - Golden Age 1921 October 12 p.17

"Vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood." - Golden Age 1931 February 4 p.293

Golden Age 1939 May 31 p.5

Then, thankfully, Jehovah god caught up with modern medicine and changed his mind and the governing body (sorry, “Jehovah”) decided that organ transplants were ok.

"There is no Biblical command pointedly forbidding the taking in of other human tissue. - Watchtower 1980 March 15 p.31

Too bad for those Jehovah’s Witnesses before March 1980 who died refusing an organ transplant, huh?

So when the governing body made a complete 180 turn and said that transplants and vaccinations were ok, what do you think happened? Did the Jehovah’s Witnesses disfellowship the governing body as “apostates” and fight to keep the no-transplant ban?

Nope!

They accepted it and started accepting organ transplants. Because the governing body “speak for god” and why would you question god?

Yes, the Jehovah’s Witnesses will cite old testament scriptures like:

But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. - Genesis 9:4

I will set my face against any Israelite or any foreigner residing among them who eats blood, and I will cut them off from the people. - Leviticus 17:10

But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat. - Deuteronomy 12:23

And even vague a verse or two from the new testament…

It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. - Acts 15:28, 29

The Jehovah’s Witnesses will cling to these scriptures and actually try to convince you that Jehovah was referring, not only to eating, but also to a 20th century medical procedure in which the blood of one person being transfused into another in order to save their life.

That being the case, the Jehovah’s Witness should be asking themselves how come when organ transplants and vaccinations were banned, blood transfusions were actually allowed at that time!

"In New York city a house wife in moving a boarder's things accidentally shot herself through the heart with his revolver. She was rushed to a hospital, her left breast was cut around, four ribs were cut away, the heart was lifted out, three stitches were taken, one of the attending physicians in the great emergency gave a quart of his blood for transfusion, and today the woman lives and smiles gaily over what happened to her in the busiest 23 minutes of her life." - Consolation 1940 Dec 25 p. 19

Yes, according to the Watchtower society, Jehovah god thought blood transfusions were ok, but organ transplants and vaccinations were not ok… Then decades later noticed he’d got it the wrong way round.

Why, it’s almost as if the religion isn't ran by god at all! It’s almost as if it’s ran by 8 totally incompetent, uneducated men who don't know what they’re talking about and are making it up as they go along!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by DeRay98(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Hear them hypocrites, The Title should read Christians in Nigeria are refusing Blood transfusions for their babies. Not Nigerian citizens. The facts are had it been the family were Muslims, the hypocrites will not allow us to hear a word. Shame on Islamaphobia & bad journalism.

How does this concern your religion when it wasn't mentioned?
Your hateful soul must find ways to inflame your hate.
Jehovah's witnesses are about the only or most known group that refuses blood transfusion to their members.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by gnaxyt(m): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
mysteryman2014:

The law was not giving to Adam because he was vegetarian, the law came into existence when command for animal to serve as food was given so obviously animal blood was in contention.

The use of blood to save life was not being considered at all.

U make me laugh, did Adam live during the times of the Israelites when God was given moses this instructions? No before the time of Moses people have been eaten meat, God hammered on eat blood either from animals or otherwise for a reason,.. if you say you don't eat rat and use your teeth to share rat for two kids, what have you done?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by sagieramos(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Babaheekmat:

It's still saying the same thing.. EAT.. EAT.. EAT.. that's what it's saying..

All those verses are saying DO NOT EAT ANIMALS BLOOD.. IF YOU DO, THOSE ARE THE PUNISHMENT

Its absolutely crystal clear..

What's the difference between a junkie that takes morphine as tablet and the one that inject it into his/her veins? Does it not have the same effect on the both of them?

but to write them to abstain from things
polluted by idols,
from sexual immorality,
from what is strangled,
and from blood.
-Act 15:20

The bolded is clear...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by mysteryman2014: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
gnaxyt:

U make me laugh, did Adam live during the times of the Israelites when God was given moses this instructions? No before the time of Moses people have been eaten meat, God hammered on eat blood either from animals or otherwise for a reason,.. if you say you don't eat rat and use your teeth to share rat for two kids, what have you done?

Bros before the flood were humans consuming animals? The divine command for animal to serve as food was after the deluge of Noah before then humans were all vegetarians.

So the law was giving to Noah when animal was to serve as food like the vegetation on the earth.

Then God said animal blood for sacrifice, human are never used for sacrifice.

So the use of human blood was not in question.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by nkemchineke: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
I must commend, you're smart.
Babaheekmat:

Am a Muslim.
I don't belive in bible.

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by simplesearch: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
sagieramos:

Thank you very much asking. You'll get a better answer from the link below

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/

Nothing in the link suggest abstinence from blood transfusion. When Adam and Eve sinned through disobedience in the book of Genesis, they had fig leaves for themselves to cover their unclothedness but when God came he killed animal and made them skin for proper covering- Gen 3:21. God is never against any procedure that will safeguard or prolong human life except when it tends toward glorifying the Devil. In the book of Acts the Apostles in Jerusalem commanded the brethren in Antioch to abstain from food polluted by idols, fornication, things strangle and blood, the apostles weren't talking about blood transfusion at all, but consumption of blood and other heathen practices that tends toward blood sacrifices which was a common practice among them in those days as they were mostly idol worshipers and revel in blood related activities,animal sacrifices and fornication which is part of their worship to the devil and provokes God, but having accepted Christ they had been taught the truth of the gospel and therefore commanded by the apostles to continue in it, it therefore has nothing to do with blood transfusion. God specifically commanded that human blood should not be eaten as meat or food because the life of man is in the blood, meaning it should not be toyed with, that's why it is a great injustice before God to shed human blood or terminate another persons life for any reason, either directly or through diabolical means, the murderer will never know peace again from that point forward, except where it is determine by the Government under it's Judicial system and must be seeing to be fair at all times as no one is above God's law.
But one exception which is so very prevalent and should be avoided or discouraged is where people come or are encouraged to donate blood for commercial purposes or monetary gain, this should be discouraged by all means possible. Donating blood should be free and strictly for saving lives, not for commercial or any other purpose, those coming to donate their blood in exchange for money should be disallowed, other incentives to enhance quick recovery and replenishment can be encouraged but not quantifying such in monetary value. Health practitioners who are neck deep in this ominous practices of trading in human blood should be cautious and weary of such act as God is not happy with such practices.
In conclusion, one deep and spiritual dimension to this issue is the fact that people who commit fornication are Satan worshiper as they indirectly deal in blood and will be so judge.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by madridsta007(m): 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
TruthHurts100:

What you're saying is strange. Let me educate you sir. Anywhere people gather to talk about God is not a church. The people inside are the church or congregation. The building is not the church, we call ours Kingdom Halls and we inside is a church or congregation. Get that.

Secondly, stop spreading lie that we never use other translations of the Bible... In our JW app, we have different translations of the Bible, King James inclusive. The word of God is one irrespective of the translation or language... No Bible translation will tell you to do what God hates..... That's all.

We are Christians. We follow the footsteps of Christ. Isn't that what Christianity means?

I don't know who you've been talking to. You have been misinformed sir.

Update yourself sir.

LOL.
Oga, if you consider the "word of God as one", there wouldnt be the million dollars investment in writing out a JW special Bible.
"We are Christians"... Yet, if a JW man or woman marries a non-JW, he/she would be excommunicated by first his/her family, the members of the Kingdom Hall and other JWs.

Like I said, I respect Jehovah Witnesses. People who stick to a creed often command my respect. That they failed to convert me, after trying for over 25 years, does not mean that I do not respect them.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Ebenezar2020(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
TruthHurts100:

This is a lie. Jehovah's Witnesses have a medical team that are swift to issues like this. One, they will never allow the parent remove that baby from the hospital. Two, they have alternative treatments that works.
Some people running away from blood transfusion do lie they are Jehovah's Witnesses so they can enjoy the bloodless treatments... Courtesy Aljazeera.

Don't believe all you hear. Who would allow his baby die without efforts to save it? When that name Jehovah's Witnesses is mentioned, people just want to paint it as black as possible.

God cherishes life, so Jehovah's Witnesses.

I understand your impulse to defend the faith (JW) but you should know that radical witnesses still exist. Keep your ears to the ground , you'll hear so shocking true stories.

NB: I have nothing against JW and their likes. My parents lived in Utah and we were Mormons.
Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
ALL RELIGIOUS EXPERIMENTS THAT'S STILL ON DEVELOPEMENT STAGE WAS FORCED DOWN THE THROAT OF AFRICANS AND IT TOOK AWAY THEIR REASONING

AFTER THAT THEY WERE GIVEN EXPERIMENTAL POLITICS TO WATER IT DOWN

All of them play according to their religion and political region

ZERO REASONING

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by grandstar(m): 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Passionate888:
A JW member can never marry a non Witness, he/she must be asked to convert to a Witness before they get married.

It does happen. Some sisters who are desperate may decide to marry a non witness and even vice versa. Some believe the non witness will one day serve Jehovah Witness.

Some guys or ladies may decide to become Jehovah witnesses in order to marry one of us. After the wedding, they gradually stop attending meeting or engaging in the preaching work. Eventually, they leave the organization saddling their Witness spouse with staying in a religiously incompatible marriage.

In many cases, 2 non witnesses get married and one of them many years down the line accepts the Truth and becomes a Jehovah Witness, a one sided union arises.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by grandstar(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
MiddleDimension:

even in your congregation?

We discuss it in our congregation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by grandstar(m): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
peeps4u:

I pray may u not have the reason for blood transfusion. You sounded like you would reject it.

Yes I would. I pray I don't find myself in such a situation though.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion by Passionate888: 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
grandstar:

It does happen. Some sisters who are desperate may decide to marry a non witness and even vice versa. Some believe the non witness will one day serve Jehovah Witness.

Some guys or ladies may decide to become Jehovah witnesses in order to marry one of us. After the wedding, they gradually stop attending meeting or engaging in the preaching work. Eventually, they leave the organization saddling their Witness spouse with staying in a religiously incompatible marriage.

In many cases, 2 non witnesses get married and one of them many years down the line accepts the Truth and becomes a Jehovah Witness, a one sided union arises.
Why do you dodge the part about where the congregations (I've forgotten the word for it) stop associating with the members that married from another church? I once lived close to a witness that divorced his wife because she didn't convert to a witness, he remarried. It happened in PH.. JW's don't approve of their members marrying outside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 63rd Birthday (Photos) / Lolo Ebelechukwu Obi: Pastors Come To Our Shrine For Power– Wife Of Chief Priest / Church Sends Man Letter For Refusing To Pay Dues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.