Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? (66672 Views)

Honesty Was My Intention But Did My Honestly Push Him Away? / I Pushed Her Away With My Attitude Now I Want Her Back / Unhappy Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom At The Altar, Pushes Him Away. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2020
Nairalanders, this is a long post but please read till the end.

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.
Nairalanders, did I actually push him away?

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by daben1(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2020
The way you girls think self ehn, once you're in a relationship with an average Nigerian girl, it has automatically become your responsibility to be doing the calling while her own responsibility is to be at the receiving end... "He stopped calling as he used to"
Relationship should be a 50-50 stuff.
The relationship failed because of lack of communication: because your responsibility is to wait while he calls while you receive

658 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nickisindigo(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2020
no

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.

He left because the passion died down,distance is a huge factor in romantic relationships. Nothing is wrong with you. Don't blame yourself or him,move on. Its tough but move on.

206 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by TheSourcerer: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Let Michellekabod2 talk
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2020
Come on everybody let's sing.

"if you ask me, na who I go aaaaaassskkk"

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Patented: 9:17am On Jan 09, 2020
Not every thing is meant to be. Try to stop dwelling on the issues and move on. E no go easy but it is possible

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by wizzynuru: 9:17am On Jan 09, 2020
Lol.. And u posted tips on how to make a man happy last year December. Looks like u don't practice what u teach.

541 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by AfroKnight: 9:19am On Jan 09, 2020
He did the right thing for the both of you.

A reticent partner is a whole package of frustration especially to someone who wants to be sure they are communicating well in a relationship.

The truth is you made communication a burden for him. I can imagine your chat threads on WhatsApp. He was not sure what you were thinking while you guys were in the relationship. He was walking in the dark and constantly at risk of assuming wrongly.

You don’t even communicate to yourself. I mean, look how long it took you to realise that the break up was final and that you pushed him away. 1 week! That guy tried.

You need someone who is cool with little communication. You should also learn to discuss and be on the same page with your partner instead of hiding under the excuse of introversion.

244 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by CallMeDrino: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2020
angry
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by thorpido(m): 9:29am On Jan 09, 2020
You are incompatible like he said.It is no fault of yours,it is just who you are.You're an introvert while he's an extrovert.

Don't ever make the mistake of dating an extrovert again.It will wear you out.You'll forever be dealing with trying to catch up while he's seeing you as inadequate.

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by hushdaddy: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2020
He probably must have met someone on the same social level with him.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by HappenStone: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2020
Your attitude is FINE!

Your BF is used to sweeping ladies off their feet with his personality, the fact that he doesn't have that effect on you deeply unsettled him.

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 09, 2020
He told u earlier on dat u guys aren't COMPARTIBLE. This is a trait of selfishness.i don't go about looking for compartibility coz true luv should embrasse our differences as long as we're ready 2 give up our ego.pls,do not go beg him.he doesn't deserve u

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Victornezzar: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2020
He doesn't deserve you a bit

26 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by luminouz(m): 9:45am On Jan 09, 2020
HappenStone:
Your attitude is FINE!

Your BF is used to sweeping ladies off their feet with his personality, the fact that he doesn't have that effect on you deeply unsettled him.

He felt she was cold.
Nothing baffles a man more than a girl who only says 'ok' to anything he says. It reminds him of an openmouthed dead fish

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by TheEnygma(m): 9:46am On Jan 09, 2020
I know this might sound insensitive but if You know that You didn't bother to read the whole epistle , simply indicate by raising your hand.

7 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by ijustdey: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

yes

23 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by djoe21(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

It's so unfortunate that just November last year you were giving ladies tips on how to make their men happy. Did you not follow the tips?

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by TwoBottles: 9:59am On Jan 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Headlesschicken(m): 10:00am On Jan 09, 2020
undecided The first guy that commented just spoke my mind, situationships like we v in Nigeria x meant to be a 50-50 affair not a one man affair,u can't expect yuh man to do everything while u just sit down n get served always. D n!gga finally grew some balls and walked away b4 he dies before his time...

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Clinghton: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2020
I think he was right, you people are incompatible, you would met your kind don't stoop too low or be too desperate.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Octopusssy(f): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2020
Yes you pushed him away. I am like you but when I lost some great men because of my detachment, (i.e silent/secret loving) I borrowed myself brain and had to learn how to be more expressive. We just cannot assume that our partner is privy to our innermost feelings. We occasionally have to let them hear it from our mouths.

It works, the same way a soft pat on the lower back or a peck on the forehead does.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Octopusssy(f): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2020
djoe21:

It's so unfortunate that just November last year you were giving ladies tips on how to make their men happy. Did you not follow the tips?
Don't you know that many people don't practice what they preach?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2020
See...don't even start killing yourself over this matter cos the guy is not a responsible fellow which you know but tried to swallow.
Don't ever overlook or condone someone excesses. How can you, knowing full well that he flirts with girls at will, still want to keep him? Men don finish? Dump his retard ass. But he, could not condone your quiet and calm behavior, not that you flirt like him but he still called it off. He never really loved you dear. And doesn't have respect for you.

Dont just blame yourself for anything.
Move on and stay focused.
Nothing do you.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by 1kworks: 10:16am On Jan 09, 2020
If you're asking that, then you definitely did.

Just talk to him, he'll give you the correct answers, Nairalanders will only be able to give u so much.
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Arizona027: 10:17am On Jan 09, 2020
If I were to be the guy,I would do same.

In 2baba's voice"no make me para ehh, attentiveness for my matter eh,I no fit hala,I no fit shout...

Just give me love..show me u care all the time,and I will love u till the end.but if u ever hold brake,I will stop and never flow with u again

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2020
Octopusssy:
Yes you pushed him away. I am like you but when I lost some great men because of my detachment, (i.e silent/secret loving) I borrowed myself brain and had to learn how to be more expressive. We just cannot assume that our partner is privy to our innermost feelings. We occasionally have to let them hear it from our mouths.

THIS SHOULD BE PRINTED AND DISTRIBUTED BY HAND TO EVERY CITIZEN ACROSS THE COUNTRY, LIKE THEY DO WITH CHURCH HANDBILLS.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by life103: 10:24am On Jan 09, 2020
CALM DOWN HE WILL COME BACK IF HE TRUELLY LOVES YOU

6 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by MrCork: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2020
Jewessgratitude:
See...don't even start killing yourself over this matter cos the guy is not a responsible fellow which you know but tried to swallow.
Don't ever overlook or condone someone excesses. How can you, knowing full well that he flirts with girls at will, still want to keep him? Men don finish? Dump his retard ass. But he, could not condone your quiet and calm behavior, not that you flirt like him but he still called it off. He never really loved you dear. And doesn't have respect for you.

Nothing do you.

angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by MrCork: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Nothing do you.

u again...Mrs advise people.
..world war 3 is here & all u do is advise advise advise....why?
..are u lightskin?
angry

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 09, 2020
MrCork:

angry

Somebody help me warn this man o.
I'll break his head o angry

You accused me of being everywhere. How did you know if you too are not everywhere?

Just leave me or are you my father? Hian!

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos About Sex Dolls In Nigeria / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her / 10 Simple Things Guys Do To Deceive GIRLS.. Which Won't Stop After Reading This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.