Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? (66706 Views)

Honesty Was My Intention But Did My Honestly Push Him Away? / I Pushed Her Away With My Attitude Now I Want Her Back / Unhappy Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom At The Altar, Pushes Him Away. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Octopusssy(f): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2020
Lol. I see someone arguing with MrCork grin

5 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Froshloaded: 10:40am On Jan 09, 2020
Waiting for the elders
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Omar09(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2020
favoryte33:
He told u earlier on dat u guys aren't COMPARTIBLE. This is a trait of selfishness. I don't go about looking for compartibility coz true luv should embrasse our differences as long as we're ready 2 give up our ego. pls,do not go beg him.he doesn't deserve u

First off, there's no such thing as true love. If there was, there won't be break up and divorces. Secondly, if you don't seek COMPATIBILITY, you will continue to be in a wrong relationship.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by konkonbilo(m): 10:47am On Jan 09, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Somebody help me warn this man o.
I'll break his head o angry

You accused me of being everywhere. How did you know if you too are not everywhere?

Just leave me or are you my father? Hian!
. grin grin grin you never jam anything... E just de start with you

4 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2020
MrCork:

..my God...YOU AGAIN!!!
..U on every single threads gadddddemmmit thread innnit. Dont u sleep?
Who give u the right & autority to advise anyone...are u lightskin?...were is yor qualifications to advise??
angry

Onye ara

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 09, 2020
MrCork:

hello pussssy..i love yor name & u definitely wifey material..unlike that adviser ring call jewessgratitude. Anyways.. pussssssssy how r u? cheesy

Thank God I'm free!
Oya face her, let me be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by MrCork: 11:02am On Jan 09, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Thank God I'm free!
Oya face her, let me be.

Octopussy is lightskin..U ain't...dont be jelos
..SHOW RESPET!!
angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 09, 2020
MrCork:

Octopussy is lightskin..U ain't...dont be jelos
..SHOW RESPET!!
angry

Ogar, carry go! No biggies.
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by TheGenius001: 11:13am On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:
Nairalanders, this is a long post but please read till the end.

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.
Nairalanders, did I actually push him away?

My dear the truth is that "YES YOU PUSHED HIM AWAY"

I have been in this same shoe b4 with a girl and I did the same to her. Pride goes before a fall. We still chat. But never will I instigate a Chat with her and never will I reply her with more than two, three words. It's quite funny how someone you once loved so much in a twinkle of an eye becomes a total stranger. I know she feels the pain of me not giving her the attention she used to get long b4 now. How I would always call her without her even calling for once except for flashing. Pride goes b4 a fall. I wish her all the best. Believe me nothing can bring us back together anymore.

I have a girl now who loves me more than anything. This one has no pride. She calls every now and then. And believe me, if fate should not twist, I am ready to settle down with her.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by R3B3L(m): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:
Nairalanders, this is a long post but please read till the end.

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.
Nairalanders, did I actually push him away?

Firstly- Don't blame yourself.. distance didn't play a part in this break down in communication.

Next - more importantly is the fact that there has to be comprehension. It's a man's job to understand his woman. Most relationships succeed with men who do anyways..

Do not feel the need to switch up or down ur innate trait cos someone felt u "didn't care". There are more people whose turn ons are introverts. Get over this dude, he's not ur type. U would have struggled well in this relationship if u tried to go beyond ur abilities.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by MrCork: 11:23am On Jan 09, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Ogar, carry go! No biggies.

sweery may i remind u am from London...technicaly this means aint on yor level
.if u want me..am easy..ask nicely!!(real talk)
angry
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Octopusssy(f): 11:28am On Jan 09, 2020
MrCork:

hello pussssy..i love yor name & u definitely wifey material..unlike that adviser ring call jewessgratitude. Anyways.. pussssssssy how r u? cheesy
Am fine Cork. Pussssy and Cork. We are a match made in heaven. grin

How much? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by MrCork: 11:31am On Jan 09, 2020
Octopusssy:

Am fine Cork. Pussssy and Cork. We are a match made in heaven. grin

How much? cheesy

darling please be care full. Stay away from Jewessgratitude...she jelos of u coz I choose u over her. She need help undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Octopusssy(f): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2020
MrCork:

darling please be care fuk. Stay away from Jewessgratitude...she jelos of u coz I choose u over her. She need help undecided
Ok darling. She didn't tell you how much? undecided
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2020
daben1:
The way you girls think self ehn, once you're in a relationship with an average Nigerian girl, it has automatically become your responsibility to be doing the calling while her own responsibility is to be at the receiving end... "He stopped calling as he used to"
Relationship should be a 50-50 stuff.
The relationship failed because of lack of communication: because your responsibility is to wait while he calls while you receive
No, you got me wrong there. I didn't leave the calling for him alone. It was mutual.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2020
wizzynuru:
Lol.. And u posted tips on how to make a man happy last year December. Looks like u don't practice what u teach.
What if I did? Life can be funny you know.

5 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2020
AfroKnight:
He did the right thing for the both of you.

A reticent partner is a whole package of frustration especially to someone who wants to be sure they are communicating well in a relationship.

The truth is you made communication a burden for him. I can imagine your chat threads on WhatsApp. He was not sure what you were thinking while you guys were in the relationship. He was walking in the dark and constantly at risk of assuming wrongly.

You don’t even communicate to yourself. I mean, look how long it took you to realise that the break up was final and that you pushed him away. 1 week! That guy tried.

You need someone who is cool with little communication. You should also learn to discuss and be on the same page with your partner instead of hiding under the excuse of introversion.
I never hid under the excuse of introversion moreover when we were still cool, communication was smooth, spoke on phone, chats and gists daily.
I realized my inadequacies and learnt from the relationship.

6 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2020
thorpido:
You are incompatible like he said.It is no fault of yours,it is just who you are.You're an introvert while he's an extrovert.

Don't ever make the mistake of dating an extrovert again.It will wear you out.You'll forever be dealing with trying to catch up while he's seeing you as inadequate.
I think I agree with you. Thanks for your contribution.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by MrCork: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2020
Octopusssy:

Ok darling. She didn't tell you how much? undecided

Jewessgratitude ain't my type..she too local ..way too bush & she acts like a nigerian! angry
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2020
R3B3L:

Firstly- Don't blame yourself.. distance didn't play a part in this break down in communication.

Next - more importantly is the fact that there has to be comprehension. It's a man's job to understand his woman. Most relationships succeed with men who do anyways..

Do not feel the need to switch up or down ur innate trait cos someone felt u "didn't care". There are more people whose turn ons are introverts. Get over this dude, he's not ur type. U would have struggled well in this relationship if u tried to go beyond ur abilities.
Wow! Thanks for your advice.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by StandUpGuy247: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
You and my new girlfriend are alike. Which is the rason I'm planning to break up with her.

If you're not willing to work on yourself, don't expect your partner to wait for you while he/she has the option to be happier with someone else.

15 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mine is even worse, he told me he cannot prioritize a relationship right now and does not feel the need to talk every day. But he wants girlfriend benefits and always complaining about I how I don't communicate with him. How does that work? I just walked away, too trashy to deal with.

6 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Liposure: 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Young lady. Dis is an opportunity 2 work on yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by AfroKnight: 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

I never hid under the excuse of introversion moreover when we were still cool, communication was smooth, spoke on phone, chats and gists daily.
I realized my inadequacies and learnt from the relationship.

Speaking everyday is not the same as seeking to speak with him everyday and communicating that desire to speak with him. A man in love, does not run away from the attention of his woman. You yourself said in your second paragraph that your introversion was an issue.

Why was it an issue?

Cos he was experiencing, first hand, the reality of you wanting, loving and enjoying your own space. As a result, he didn’t feel your need for him. After a while, it would begin to feel like one is forcing you to be more expressive against your own nature. It is draining. When a person gets to the point where they feel drained or burdened with keeping a relationship afloat, they would either snap or withdraw.

Anyway, things would have worked out better with someone who shares your views on communication and is actually attracted to introverts.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by AfroKnight: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Faysuze:
Mine is even worse, he told me he cannot prioritize a relationship right now and does not feel the need to talk every day. But he wants girlfriend benefits and always complaining about I how I don't communicate with him. How does that work? I just walked away, too trashy to deal with.

Dating someone who doesn’t feel the need to communicate often is a draining exercise. That is what the OP’s ex was going through. Maybe introverts should date themselves. Perhaps things would be easier that way.

7 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by RealEzee(m): 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
my sisterrr u pushed him away ooo
i did same to cos it seemed as if na just me dey d relationship, abi na only me go dey talk how important u dey to me n u too no go talk ni? i go dey check on you but u no go check on me, haaa no na, no b so e suppose b, make me follow feel wanted na, make i follow feel like king too.
Ladies should know men also love attention too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by EazyJ(f): 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Communication is a vital ingredient in keeping a relationship. A lot of relationships have died because both partners involved do not know how to communicate effectively with each other.
Learn to speak the love language of your partner otherwise you'd be frustrated at how your efforts in pleasing him remain futile.
How I wish "communication in relationship and marriages" can be taught.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
Since he didn't want to talk everyday, i didn't know when to call him and when not to. I just stopped initiating. We went from talking everyday to once a week. It wasn't working for me so i left. Some people are just hard to deal with.
AfroKnight:

Dating someone who doesn’t feel the need to communicate often is a draining exercise. That is what the OP’s ex was going through. Maybe introverts should date themselves. Perhaps things would be easier that way.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by AfroKnight: 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Faysuze:
Since he didn't want to talk everyday, i didn't know when to call him and when not to. I just stopped initiating. We went from talking everyday to once a week. It wasn't working for me so i left. Some people are just hard to deal with.

You did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by taneez(f): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
The truth is you are not compatible and he was not for you.
I am an unapologetic introvert just like you and I am getting married this year and he is an extrovert. It takes someone who loves and understands you to love your personality.

Your own man will understand your quietness and make sure you communicate often even if the communication breakdown. He will help you and be patient. No one is perfect na. Extroverts have their issues too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Simple Things Guys Do To Deceive GIRLS.. Which Won't Stop After Reading This! / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Ladies, What's The 'ideal Male Body' You Admire So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.