Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,488 members, 7,801,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain (473 Views)

Will Gov Ganduje Still Give 3million Votes He Promised Tinubu? / Senate Mandates FERMA To Fix Lagos-Ota Expressway / Orji Uzor Kalu:No Roads In Abia State But Look at Roads he Built In his Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by sophy17(m): 9:31am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello Lagosians,

It is a known fact that Lagos roads suffered serious neglect by the govenment of past Governor Ambode especially towards and after the elections.

By 29th May, 2019 when Gov Sanwoolu came on board, he inherited a terribly bad roads that caused road users untold hardship. The situation got worse because of the rains resulting in flooded roads all over.

Governor Sanwoolu was not oblivious of the situation as he had infact used it to campaign promising then, to declare a state of emergency on the roads. This was not to be as the situation continued unabated. There was an outcry When the sufferings became too much, but the Gov said he could not do anything until after the rains.
The rains have stopped since December, 2019 and we are in January, 2020 and the roads are still terribly bad despite several media reports and claims that they are fixing the roads.

Lagosians seems not to feel it much now because the floods are no more. But when the starts again, the reality will resurface. So the question is, when will the roads be fixed as promised? Now is the time. So please fix the roads now. We are not animals. We see the police and other agencies on the roads checking motorists for documents on terribly bad roads. Shsme.
Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by majamajic(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2020
the roads are getting better , trust me !!
Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 09, 2020
majamajic:
the roads are getting better , trust me !!

Hmm... Where do you live sir?

The entire mainland; Alimosho, Mushin, Ejigbo and even parts of Ikeja, is filled with potholes and nasty roads. To get to Ikeja from Egbeda is a huge war. Lasu-Isheri Road has been damaged due to Lawma waste activities at Lanre Bus stop... In Mushin, the drainage is poor so the water from the gutters keeps damaging the road surface. This has been going on for several years, same as Ejigbo. The entire roads in Ejigbo are nasty.

I can go on and on. The state of roads in Lagos is just terrible. Yet Lagos claims to be the center of excellence when people can't even use the roads without swallowing panadol or alabukun for pains... It is well. embarassed

1 Like

Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by hisexcellency34: 9:42am On Jan 09, 2020
Shut up OP hypocrite. Most of the roads are in good shape now. Stop typing trash for the sake of it. I drove on the road and I commend the governor. Myn44 pls close this stupid thread

1 Like

Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by ollysaks: 9:57am On Jan 09, 2020
eduman365:

The entire mainland; Alimosho, Mushin, Ejigbo and even parts of Ikeja, is filled with potholes and nasty roads. To get to Ikeja from Egbeda is a huge war. Lasu-Isheri Road has been damaged due to Lawma waste activities at Lanre Bus stop... In Mushin, the drainage is poor so the water from the gutters keeps damaging the road surface. This has been going on for several years, same as Ejigbo. The entire roads in Ejigbo are nasty.

I can go on and on. The state of roads in Lagos is just terrible. Yet Lagos claims to be the center of excellence when people can't even use the roads without swallowing panadol or alabukun for pains... It is well. embarassed

If you think Ejigbo roads are nasty, those of Igando-isutti road are road trips to hell.

Alimosho LGA roads, are in the worst state of disrepair.

The governor needs to declare a state of emergency on roads in that LGA
Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by majamajic(m): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2020
eduman365:

let me give u 10 very important roads done last 3 months

1, okota road heading to ago palace

2 , all potholes along lasu road leading to igando

3 , ahmadu Bello way V/I

4, Alakija under bridge

5, oba akran ikeja

6, the road heading to oniru new market near palace road oniru V/i

7, Addo road going badore ajah

8, orsbone road immediately after falomo bridge down to dolphin ( both sides)

9, inwards alagutan coming in from iyana ipaja towards alagutan egbeda

10, Guinness going towards ogba that's before wempco

11 , ola otta road , coming from ebule egba towards agege (slaughter side)

12, roads behind forte oil at oba akran , trying to connect the express again before railway (abeokuta street near wazobia hotel)

I can mention more to u if I relax a bit , some are levelled up like coming into ajao estate through canoe, iyana ejigbo holes are levelled up

sanwo olu inherited a lot of bad roads , with time he will finish them , he is just there for like 7 months now , and he has done well enough and again he is opening some roads look at what he is doing in VI ( near water cooperation road) and egbeda ( inward olugbede) . I trust Sanwo olu , he is a wise choice !

I forgot the Maryland tunnel , mende

onipanu Bridge going ojuelegba (both side )

today a huge work is going on at Command road Ipaja

3 Likes

Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by deboysben(m): 11:08am On Jan 09, 2020
Tinubu equipment...

He has not finish pointing.

1 Like

Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 09, 2020
majamajic:

let me give u 10 very important roads done last 3 months

1, okota road heading to ago palace

2 , all potholes along lasu road leading to igando

3 , ahmadu Bello way V/I

4, Alakija under bridge

5, oba akran ikeja

6, the road heading to oniru new market near palace road oniru V/i

7, Addo road going badore ajah

8, orsbone road immediately after falomo bridge down to dolphin ( both sides)

9, inwards alagutan coming in from iyana ipaja towards alagutan egbeda

10, Guinness going towards ogba that's before wempco

11 , ola otta road , coming from ebule egba towards agege (slaughter side)

12, roads behind forte oil at oba akran , trying to connect the express again before railway (abeokuta street near wazobia hotel)

I can mention more to u if I relax a bit , some are levelled up like coming into ajao estate through canoe, iyana ejigbo holes are levelled up

sanwo olu inherited a lot of bad roads , with time he will finish them , he is just there for like 7 months now , and he has done well enough and again he is opening some roads look at what he is doing in VI ( near water cooperation road) and egbeda ( inward olugbede) . I trust Sanwo olu , he is a wise choice !

Well I do know some of these roads and I'm not denying. But the ones I highlighted are giving Lagosians headache. All the roads you highlighted are just patched works. Since when did that turn to a major achievement.

Even Ikotun to Ejigbo Road is a mess. We can all keep quoting each other with facts and figures, it won't end. Truth is Lagos deserves more. Transportation is messy in the state right now. The only positive succour and hope is the Oshodi Interchange. Nothing much is being done about roads and transportation in general other than the messed up NURTW and RTEAN running the entire transport sector... Mega city in Nigeria means something else obviously.

I've been to a lot of countries in my life and Lagos is not even a structured city, talk less of mega city. We have no shame in Nigeria. Everyone in government just wants to eat and destroy.

1 Like

Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2020
ollysaks:

If you think Ejigbo roads are nasty, those of Igando-isutti road are road trips to hell.

Alimosho LGA roads, are in the worst state of disrepair.

The governor needs to declare a state of emergency on roads in that LGA

Bros... These people are denying the obvious. Too many bad roads in Lagos as of today. I only mentioned a few. They're coming here to defend mediocrity in a world where every city has a functional tramway for mass transportation. We are still complaining about bad roads and drainage.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by majamajic(m): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2020
eduman365:

Well I do know some of these roads and I'm not denying. But the ones are highlighted are giving Lagosians headache. All the roads you highlighted are just patched works. Since when did that turn to a major achievement.

Even Ikotun to Ejigbo Road is a mess. We can all keep quoting each other with facts and figures, it won't end. Truth is Lagos deserves more. Transportation is messy in the state right now. The only positive succour and hope is the Oshodi Interchange. Nothing much is being done about roads and transportation in general other than the messed up NURTW and RTEAN running the entire transport sector... Mega city in Nigeria means something else obviously.

I've been to a lot of countries in my life and Lagos is not even a structured city, talk less of mega city. We have no shame in Nigeria. Everyone in government just wants to eat and destroy.

he is just 7 months in office , give him time
Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2020
majamajic:

he is just 7 months in office , give him time

I am not blaming Gov. Sanwo Olu. I actually like the man. But like every Lagosian, we need results in this highly populated state. I'd like to believe he's not just Tinubu's errand boy as most people like to tag him. I believe he will perform and proove his haters wrong.

Time will tell...
Re: When Will Gov. Sanwoolu Fix Lagos Bad Roads He Promised Last Year After The rain by ollysaks: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
eduman365:

Bros... These people are denying the obvious. Too many bad roads in Lagos as of today. I only mentioned a few. They're coming here to defend mediocrity in a world where every city has a functional tramway for mass transportation. We are still complaining about bad roads and drainage.

You dey mind them.

They have sold their senses for peanuts.

I doubt if they can be healed of being zombies

(1) (Reply)

Stop Compulsory Resignation Of Civil Servants Seeking Political Positions / Edo Crisis; Ban On Political Rallies,obaseki Sued / Bayelsa Unrest: Lyon Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.