Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC (1672 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Vs Wamakko: An Encounter Of Loose Cannons / Please, Help Me And Interpret This EEDC Bill / South-East For Buhari Rally: Happening In Owerri Now - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by AdaoraNK(f): 10:49am On Jan 09, 2020
PRESS RELEASE ON THE OUTCOME OF THE MEETING BETWEEN NDIGBO UNITED FORUM (NUF) (Representing Ndigbo) AND ENUGU ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY (EEDC) ON WEDNESDAY 8TH JANUARY, 2020.

1. The meeting was called at the instance of EEDC through their letter dated 7th January, 2020 in response to our letter dated 6th January, 2020.

2. The meeting took place at the Corporate Head office of EEDC at Okpara Avenue Enugu.

3. The EEDC first acknowledged that they only applied for removal of already installed metres and estimated billing to Federal government through regulatory authority called Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission for approval but has not gotten the approval prior to the commencement of the exercise. That means they are operating in illegality.

4. The EEDC accepted that it was only southeast (Ndigbo) that was affected out of the eleven DISCOs. That means it was a premeditated issue on the part of EEDC.

5. EEDC Team tried to whip sentiments that NUF should be considerate as the Company is owned by OUR BROTHERS. Meaning that they deliberately plotted the ongoing onslaught against THEIR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

6. They claimed that ONLY 40,000 meters were faulty and affected. When asked why they compelled people that had no meter to fill Forms to migrate to estimated billings, they had no answer.

7. The Team showed no remorse at their illegal action to the Igbo nation.

NUF DECISION:
Compatriots, its evidently clear that EEDC Management acted deliberately to hurt our psyche and further impoverish us.

Consequently, NUF will:

1. Wait till Friday 10th January to get and assimilate the content of their response to the meeting.

2. In the interim, we urge Ndigbo in general not to allow anyone remove your existing meter without immediate replacement;

3. They claimed that a new meter is approximately N39,000. NERC opposes payment of prepaid meters. Ndigbo is therefore advised NEVER to pay for any meter henceforth.

4. Furthermore, Ndigbo is hereby asked never to allow any EEDC staff or her agents to disconnect your lights.

5. Subject to the content of their letter, if found to be inconsistent to our demands, we shall have no option than to update you on our next line of action towards occupying their offices in Southeast. For now, let's give them benefits of doubt and exhaust every plausible means of decent negotiations.

_From_
*NDI IGBO UNITED FORUM*
Media and Publicity Dept

Forwarded as received

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by saintokwuluora(m): 10:56am On Jan 09, 2020
Nameless Media and Publicity Officer.

1 Like

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by ProWalker: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2020
The owners of IKEDC or Eko EDC should go and take over the running of Enugu discos. These folks can't run this sort of organisation if it has nothing to do with buying and selling.

One of the legacies of their Hero.
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Adaibeku(f): 11:42am On Jan 09, 2020
Baseless junk by a fake Ada

1 Like

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Cyberterror: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Adaibeku:
Are you enjoying the darkness EEDC has plunged the South East into? EEDC is the worst disco in the country. Shame on them.
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Adaibeku(f): 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
Cyberterror:
Are you enjoying the darkness EEDC has plunged the South East into? EEDC is the worst disco in the country. Shame on them.

Emeka offor is an Igbo infidel , kpogbuo ya ! Kpogbuo ya
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by AdaoraNK(f): 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Cyberterror:

Pls tell them, can't imagine quoting her.
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Dlee1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Fraudulent act from Ibo tribe to their own people. I see no reason why EEDC staff should remove someone's prepaid meter without replacing it immediately and at the same time place the customer under estimated billing.

Lalasticlala, this thread needs to be at the front page.
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by mrvitalis(m): 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Adaibeku:
Are u from ibeku umuahia or ibeku mbaise

6 Likes

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why is this not on front page?
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Osaze007: 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Legendhero
Metaphysical

See what’s happening in Ipob land while they insult Yorubas

1 Like

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by nototribalist: 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
In Abuja, I don't even know where PHCN office is. I buy light token online and key it into my meter for the past 4 years now.

But I traveled home to Imo state can you believe that it's impossible to buy light online anywhere in the South East, they made it so difficult to the point that you have to go to their office to buy light.

What they are doing back home is pure wickedness and evil. I wanted to bring up this matter here but thank God I saw this already.

Then I went to my grandmother house, can you believe she's been made to pay N5,000 monthly estimated Billings. She only uses light to charge her Nokia phone, no ironing, no boiler, no air conditioning or pumping machine. If this is not wickedness from the pit of hell, I wonder what is.

7 Likes

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Banmeallday: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
Biafra is the way
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by nototribalist: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Banmeallday:
Biafra is the way

Please don't go there, that's worse. If our own brothers who bought EEDC can be this wicked how much more when they buy up other corporations. Na die we dey

2 Likes

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by giftedben: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
EEDC is fraudulent and I have complained about their activities many times . Emeka Offor is a 419ner, a thief and the highest criminal we have down here in the South-East. The man is so dishonest in any business he owns. We buy transformer, poles and high tension wires with our money and we still do not have light.

2 Likes

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Ndibunna: 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
giftedben:
EEDC is fraudulent and I have complained about their activities many times . Emeka Offor is a 419ner, a thief and the highest criminal we have down here in the South-East. The man is so dishonest in any business he owns. We buy transformer, poles and high tension wires with our money and we still do not have light.

Shut it.

As far as we concern EEDC has been living up to expectations in giving us light..

It might not be 24 hours a day but at least 12 to 15 hours a day..

We should really thank EEDC for jobs well done.

There is light now..
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Ndibunna: 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Cyberterror:

Which darkness in SE?

Abeg light come well..

Only God knows the bush you might be typing from?
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by fykes(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
nototribalist:
In Abuja, I don't even know where PHCN office is. I buy light token online and key it into my meter for the past 4 years now.

But I traveled home to Imo state can you believe that it's impossible to buy light online anywhere in the South East, they made it so difficult to the point that you have to go to their office to buy light.

What they are doing back home is pure wickedness and evil. I wanted to bring up this matter here but thank God I saw this already.

Then I went to my grandmother house, can you believe she's been made to pay N5,000 monthly estimated Billings. She only uses light to charge her Nokia phone, no ironing, no boiler, no air conditioning or pumping machine. If this is not wickedness from the pit of hell, I wonder what is.
everyotyer thing u wrote up there I can't dispute, but that in the whole south east u can't get prepaid token online... Bros... Fear God.
For 3 years+ in this estate Na from phone token I dey buy. Which southeast are u from?

1 Like

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Adaibeku(f): 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Are u from ibeku umuahia or ibeku mbaise

IBEKU UMUARIA NNA smiley
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by giftedben: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ndibunna:

Shut it.

As far as we concern EEDC has been living up to expectations in giving us light..

It might not be 24 hours a day but at least 12 to 15 hours a day..

We should really thank EEDC for jobs well done.

There is light now..

You are a sycophants. You go about spreading falsehood for a mere crumb.
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Ndibunna: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
giftedben:

You are a sycophants. You go about spreading falsehood for a mere crumb.

Not crumbs , I don't indulge in such but there is light.

Maybe it depends on your locality Sha.
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Ndibunna: 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
fykes:

everyotyer thing u wrote up there I can't dispute, but that in the whole south east u can't get prepaid token online... Bros... Fear God.
For 3 years+ in this estate Na from phone token I dey buy. Which southeast are u from?

Just leave the propagandist
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by nototribalist: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
fykes:

Ok which app do you use then? Let me try to buy light too
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by MetaPhysical: 1:00am On Jan 10, 2020
Adaibeku:

Adadiorama I of Arochuckwu

The only original Adaibeku. Any other Ada is a fake! grin grin
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by Rekhina(f): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Adadiorama I of Arochuckwu

The only original Adaibeku. Any other Ada is a fake! grin grin
Lips service
Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by LabDNA: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2020
EEDC should be told to leave the South East, let another distrubution company take over. Very wicked people.

People with prepaid meters in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka can no longer recharge, they claim they want to change the meters.

No one should allow them remove the old meters until they've brought the new ones.
EEDC should be shown the way out, they are enemies of Ndigbo and crippling economic growth in the East.

1 Like

Re: South East, Ndigbo Vs EEDC by MetaPhysical: 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Rekhina:
Lips service

grin grin
Do your parents know youve been fvckd by a Yoruba muslim?

Someone need to alert them. grin

(1) (Reply)

Current Kebbi State Governor under the APC Helped Abacha Launder Funds -US / Meaning Of 2nd Eleven / World Convid Visualizer Put A Finger In World Map And Get Real Time Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.