Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria (74750 Views)

Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria / 5 Best Mobile Phones To Present To Your Girlfriend / Best Flagship Phones To Expect Before The End Of 2018 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by jossy1luv(f): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
Because you can't differentiate quality from quantity. A cracked Samsung screen will still work perfectly but a cracked infinix, itel or tecno screen is almost dead.
I know, but I hate cracked screen, and I don’t use china phones.
How can I buy a phone of 320k and to repair ONLY the screen is 98k or more?
What will be the 2nd hand value of d phone?

1 Like

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Plama: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2020
PerfectJUSTICE:
Nigeria has a lot of Nigerians in it. So many (179 million) that if you took half of them out of the country, Nigeria would still have the highest population of any African country.
The Nigerian phone market in recent times has become saturated with fake phones and many unsuspecting buyers have been scammed into buying fake phones for the price of an original one. Fake phones especially Android phones have become so rampant that one wonders if phone dealers are deliberately taking advantage of their customers.

I noticed that most of the fake phones in the market are the so called ‘UK or London Used Phones’ and fairly used phones, there are also fake new phones but they don’t seem to be as many as the used phones.

Most of these fake phones match the original phones almost exactly in design and since most phone buyers are not tech savvy, they are very easily deceived. Many people do not know they bought a fake phone until after a while when they probably meet someone with the original version of the phone and find huge differences between their phone and the original. Even small phones popularly called ‘Torchlight phones’.
Before you hurriedly buy or upgrade to a new phone, here are some things to consider:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/01/08/phones-to-avoid-if-you-live-in-nigeria/amp/

Give me a clue as to which phones are not designed for Nigeria weather?
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Ogaonos: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2020
freezy4me:

I no need switch xiaomi cos Dem never reach oppo level. FYI am not a marketer neither do I use either of them, I've been stuck with OnePlus and ain't looking back.
OnePlus na Baba
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2020
masterfactor:

It for China market only and it has its own play store native to China...

What does it mean? Does it mean it is only the people of China that would be using it?
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by masterfactor(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

What does it mean? Does it mean it is only the people of China that would be using it?
Yes, but you can still import it if you want and maybe sideload google apps on it.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Cadec007(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
Goodgod213:
If you have iPhone XR for sale and ready to swap for iPhone 7 clean one with cash quote me.

Everything about my iPhone is working perfectly. Touch pad and all.
please stop cheating na haba!

A lot of apps would not be supported on IPhone 7 and below...WhatsApp tbp.....

Please nobody fall for this scam jare....

In fact....IPhone 8 and Below are now Androids... grin grin grin ....in the same league with Tecno and Co.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
masterfactor:

Yes, but you can still import it if you want and maybe sideload google apps on it.

Bad market, I'm pretty sure patronage across the world will be very low
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Czartega(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh Avoid infinix, Tecno and itel
which one does your father use?
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by lebron7(m): 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Czartega:

which one does your father use?
Awwwwn
Such a poor foolish nigger
Better go hustle make u no dey defend scrap
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by masterfactor(m): 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Bad market, I'm pretty sure patronage across the world will be very low
Chins is a big market for them, even the mate x will be lunch in China only...
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Timileyin1234(m): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
There's this Hauwei P40 Pro worth around above 100k even close to 200k that will not come with Google Play Store because of the ban on Hauwei, now I wonder how they are going to sell a phone that doesn't have access to Google Play Store.
U are in 2020 na. All google services are downloadable
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Timileyin1234(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cadec007:
please stop cheating na haba!

A lot of apps would not be supported on IPhone 7 and below...WhatsApp tbp.....

Please nobody fall for this scam jare....

In fact....IPhone 8 and Below are now Androids... grin grin grin ....in the same league with Tecno and Co.
Who told u this

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
masterfactor:

Chins is a big market for them, even the mate x will be lunch in China only...

Nevertheless the global patronage will reduce
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Timileyin1234:

U are in 2020 na. All google services are downloadable

Downloadable from where?
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Chubbyface: 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
Avoid infinix, Tecno and itel
they have spare parts in Nigeria na
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Appetizerbmaz(m): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
3. Don’t buy a phone you cannot afford its parts in case you want to repair, don’t let competition or peer pressure push you. stay within your income boundaries.

story for the gods. So because the screen of Samsung Galaxy is costly I should leave it and buy itel.
if you don't understand this statement you are just a misplaced fool.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2020
Appetizerbmaz:
if you don't understand this statement you are just a misplaced fool.
if you too can't understand my statement it means you are compound fool.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by aylipple: 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
Timmyspy:

I've got the same phone with just a burnt motherboard. No thanks to the huge voltage charger. If your motherboard is still OK, can we discuss a trade?

I don't know if the motherboard is ok as that would be determined by a phone technician but I'll find that out ASAP.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by odinga1of: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
freezy4me:

I no need switch xiaomi cos Dem never reach oppo level. FYI am not a marketer neither do I use either of them, I've been stuck with OnePlus and ain't looking back.

Talking trash because u have data bundles. Xiaomi is ahead of Oppo.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by freezy4me: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
odinga1of:

Talking trash because u have data bundles. Xiaomi is ahead of Oppo.

And it's easy to spot a fanboy when you see one.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by andelawhite: 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
They have parts in Nigeria na
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by drwoodr007: 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
The spare parts of these brands you've mentioned ca easily be gotten anywhere in Nigeria. Tecno even has a store where only tecno accessories are sold.
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by odinga1of: 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
freezy4me:

And it's easy to spot a fanboy when you see one.
Hell no, I'm speaking facts.
I have been using my Xiaomi Phone for 2 yrs now.
can you show me a Nigerian that has been using Oppo for 2 yrs now?
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by freezy4me: 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
odinga1of:

Hell no, I'm speaking facts.

I have been using my Xiaomi Phone for 2 yrs now.

can you show me a Nigerian that has been using Oppo for 2 yrs now?

And if I show you what will that prove?

So because you as a Nigerian have been using your xiaomi for 2 yrs and no Nigerian have used oppo for 2 yrs make xiaomi a bigger brand abi.

Even xiaomi don't even see Nigeria as a market.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by odinga1of: 5:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
freezy4me:

And if I show you what will that prove?

So because you as a Nigerian have been using your xiaomi for 2 yrs and no Nigerian have used oppo for 2 yrs make xiaomi a bigger brand abi.

Even xiaomi don't even see Nigeria as a market.

And you think Oppo brand see Nigeria as market than Xiaomi??

Check the Xiaomi thread to clear your doubts
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by freezy4me: 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
odinga1of:

And you think Oppo brand see Nigeria as market than Xiaomi??

Check the Xiaomi thread to clear your doubts

Thread created by Xiaomi or users like you?
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by odinga1of: 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
freezy4me:

Thread created by Xiaomi or users like you?

Same you said Xiaomi don't have market value in Nigeria. so na ghost create the thread?

Let's wait for Oppp thread oga
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by freezy4me: 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
odinga1of:

Same you said Xiaomi don't have market value in Nigeria. so na ghost create the thread?

So for your mind Oppo needs a thread on nairaland to flourish abi

Show me Samsung and Apple thread since every top brand must have one.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Michealvegas: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
odinga1of:

xiaomi marketers everywhere
spits
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by odinga1of: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
freezy4me:

So for your mind Oppo needs a thread on nairaland to flourish abi
Show me Samsung and Apple thread since every top brand must have one.
Go and buy Oppo and stop quoting me
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by odinga1of: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Michealvegas:
xiaomi marketers everywhere spits
Oga I ain't a marketer. I de Igbudu market here de sell Ugwu leaf
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Greatzeus(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
jossy1luv:
No. 3 Is the reason I stopped using Samsung phones
Wow shocked
Time registered: 2007
I salute oh shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Clone Any Whatsapp Account To Another Smartphone / Free Credit Cheat: How To Get N3869.60 Airtime On Airtel / The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.